Blades4119

Jul 9, 2021
Here are my thoughts on the subject of updates and times between them. The absolute worst thing for ANY game is to make the Developer(s) feel rushed during the updates. That was a seriously major issue of CyberPunk 2077 and you can see what a cluster fuck of a mess that was and is. Personally, I'd rather a Dev take whatever time they felt was necessary to make quality updates to their game, even if that means waiting longer between updates. Naturally, there are things that can delay an update beyond what a Dev anticipates such as illness of one of the Devs, technical issues or mother nature interfering. The Devs generally hate and are frustrated by delays from one of these things as much, if not more than the players are.

Kytronix

A New Level In Pleasure
Donor
Dec 17, 2019

Hello there you wonderful and very wholesome people out in the world!

Another week, another progress update!

Same as last week regarding MNF, I think. I'm starting to get really frustrated with HS2 and thinking about just dropping the change and stick to Honey Select 1 or...I don't know, something else. DAZ ( the software I use to make My New Memories renders ) is probably off the board for My New Family 2, so I'm not sure. Maybe I just have to get in a better mood for it, but so far it was more frustrating than enjoyable, compared to the time I spend in Honey Select 1. It's mainly the character making, I guess.

Now, My New Memories. I'm happy to announce that the script is proofread and already fixed by me. All the renders are done as well, which means that I now only have to do some minor coding stuff ( updating the gallery, adding the music to the last day etc ). This means that the release for My New Memories Chapter II will be this week! The pre-release for supporters will go live on Wednesday, the 24th at 17:00 CEST, and as usual, you can grab it rom the Discord! The public ( and steam ) release for everyone will be on Friday, the 26th, at 18:00 CEST. I'm very, very excited for this update since it's bigger than Chapter I! I can't wait to hear the feedback for this one, especially since it paves the ground for Chapter III, which will end a certain story arc in the game ( I teased it last week ). I'll also post a trailer for Chapter II this week, before the release, just like I did with Chapter I. It will probably be in the same style as the other ones, since it just fits so well with the game. I'm also working on a character sheet for every girl in the game, giving you a short overview on who she is and what kind of character traits she has. This is something that will come after the update release, though. Todays render is Sabrina and Lena in the evening, shortly before it's time to go to bed. It looks like Sabrina is going to stay the night? That is going to be interesting...Well, at least if you decided to continue your relationships with them!

And I think thats it for now. I'm very, very excited for this upcoming release, just like I always am. This time I'm even more anxious though, because of the overall delays that happened. My three year "anniversary" is also coming up ( August 31st ) and I will make a longer post on that day, talking about myself and how things developed in my life. Don't forget that the trailer for Chapter II will be posted this week as well!

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I would say take a break from HS2 for now if you're not satisfied. Forcing yourself to do something in frustration will not make it better, no matter how good it actually is. If you're still not satisfied after a break from HS2, you can always stay with HS1.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Oh ok, i ididn't go through every post he made, i was talking about his notes in the dialogue coding, he must've had different ideas early on because if i remember right, it was mentioned in there about other paths just not being developed yet.
When you start the game it basically says that you should stick to the harem route because it will be the first one developed, which implies that other routes will be developed eventually. So that alone sort of gives the impression that the original plan was multiple routes. Whether or not that was ever actually the plan.

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
To Killer7.

Hello you wonderfull creator.
I just started reading up on all the discussions i missed and to see if there are any new developements.

But it makes me more worried all da same, i read in the beginning that you wer starting my new memories becouse you got a burnout becouse of the long work hours each day, now that was a wise desision, but from what i understand now is that you also began to make my new family 2? now im not sure that would be a wise choise, especialy after hearing you started using a new program for it and that it doesnt work for you.

my advice on that would be, stop using that program then and use the older program.
Someone already said that it would make no difference to the crowd, and i think i can agree to that.

Now as for your time spend on all projects, if there are realy 3, i got the feeling you got pretty much the same type of text when it comes to my new family. wich is mostly, basicly the same as last week, several times. while my new memories get a long progres report.
Now i dont think i agree with the time you devided there, especialy seeing it might cause a bigger meltdown in da long run then what happened when ya ran my new family alone, my advise would be, alternate between projects, instaid of doing both in the same time, i think you should switch it up, finish 1 first, then hop on the other one, that way you give yourself more time and ya wont have to think about 2 stories at the same time (as in make an update for my new memories, then start working on an update for my new family, once that is done, switch to my new memories again).
even if you're autistic like me, handling several stories at the same time will fill your head way to quickly, plus alternating between different storylines will give you a less filled head, plus for the fans it means they know that once you have an update on my new memories they will have to wait till you done one for my new family first.

wich brings me to my last part.
As i said in the previous part, my new family has the same progres report, while my new memories gets a more detailed explaination, now that is something personly i disagree with, my new memories gets more love, and just like our own sister, i dont like it, my new family was your first love, and no woman likes that a new love gets more attention, so for all our sakes, and your first loves, give us something more then "same as last week" im not telling you to spend more time on us MNF fans then ya do on MNM fans, even though its new and therefor more xciting, but well you get what i mean right?

As for ur health, do take care of that, maybe hire a few staff to take some of ur workload, im sure you would rather spend time on gaming then washing toilets anyways, or doing da dishes :p

Many greetings.
Riggnarock.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
To Killer7.

Hello you wonderfull creator.
I just started reading up on all the discussions i missed and to see if there are any new developements.

But it makes me more worried all da same, i read in the beginning that you wer starting my new memories becouse you got a burnout becouse of the long work hours each day, now that was a wise desision, but from what i understand now is that you also began to make my new family 2? now im not sure that would be a wise choise, especialy after hearing you started using a new program for it and that it doesnt work for you.

my advice on that would be, stop using that program then and use the older program.
Someone already said that it would make no difference to the crowd, and i think i can agree to that.

Now as for your time spend on all projects, if there are realy 3, i got the feeling you got pretty much the same type of text when it comes to my new family. wich is mostly, basicly the same as last week, several times. while my new memories get a long progres report.
Now i dont think i agree with the time you devided there, especialy seeing it might cause a bigger meltdown in da long run then what happened when ya ran my new family alone, my advise would be, alternate between projects, instaid of doing both in the same time, i think you should switch it up, finish 1 first, then hop on the other one, that way you give yourself more time and ya wont have to think about 2 stories at the same time (as in make an update for my new memories, then start working on an update for my new family, once that is done, switch to my new memories again).
even if you're autistic like me, handling several stories at the same time will fill your head way to quickly, plus alternating between different storylines will give you a less filled head, plus for the fans it means they know that once you have an update on my new memories they will have to wait till you done one for my new family first.

wich brings me to my last part.
As i said in the previous part, my new family has the same progres report, while my new memories gets a more detailed explaination, now that is something personly i disagree with, my new memories gets more love, and just like our own sister, i dont like it, my new family was your first love, and no woman likes that a new love gets more attention, so for all our sakes, and your first loves, give us something more then "same as last week" im not telling you to spend more time on us MNF fans then ya do on MNM fans, even though its new and therefor more xciting, but well you get what i mean right?

As for ur health, do take care of that, maybe hire a few staff to take some of ur workload, im sure you would rather spend time on gaming then washing toilets anyways, or doing da dishes :p

Many greetings.
Riggnarock.
He hasn't started with MNF2 yet...
He just did some HS2 cards to see how and if the designs would translate to HS2 without a problem...

sergesan

Aug 3, 2018
will there be ever any end to MNF(in the near future) or will this stay without a real ending,cause it seems your working on everything but not on this vn anymore....i only like to know because i look twice a week if there is any news...but the only things you hear is about MNM....i´m really thankfull if you would tell us if there is anything for us MNF-fans....

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
will there be ever any end to MNF(in the near future) or will this stay without a real ending,cause it seems your working on everything but not on this vn anymore....i only like to know because i look twice a week if there is any news...but the only things you hear is about MNM....i´m really thankfull if you would tell us if there is anything for us MNF-fans....
MNF is almost done, don't worry.

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Now that the My New Memories update is out, I will work on My New Family again. I switch between games and once one update is done, I work on the other game again.

Yes, there will be an ending for My New Family and it's not that far away anymore. Ending doesn't mean it "ends", though, because there will be My New Family 2 which will play 18 years in the future ( with all the daughters of MC born ).

sergesan

Aug 3, 2018
Now that the My New Memories update is out, I will work on My New Family again. I switch between games and once one update is done, I work on the other game again.

Yes, there will be an ending for My New Family and it's not that far away anymore. Ending doesn't mean it "ends", though, because there will be My New Family 2 which will play 18 years in the future ( with all the daughters of MC born ).
i hope you get i didnt mean it in any negativ way....i like your vn cause it isnt abusive and dark as the most storys here...and i hope to see(read) a lot more from your side....and knowing now there is a update coming, the wait will be worth it....so thanks for the quick answer (y):cool:

Reactions: Killer7

LinusMundane

Jun 30, 2022
What a happy thing to run into today! Downloading now. I'm super excited for some more MNF content coming up as well. I even bought MNM on Steam just now to help out. Keep it coming!

Last edited:
Reactions: zargoth99

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
I decided to give the game another chance, but I was in doubt reading the comments, I read that the game will only have a full harem ending, does that mean I have to accept all girls?
From what I remember when I played, I only liked 2 of the girls, from the images I saw here I still think that will be the case.
Will I have a problem accepting only the two "sisters" and refusing the others? (Is it still possible to refuse?)

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
I decided to give the game another chance, but I was in doubt reading the comments, I read that the game will only have a full harem ending, does that mean I have to accept all girls?
From what I remember when I played, I only liked 2 of the girls, from the images I saw here I still think that will be the case.
Will I have a problem accepting only the two "sisters" and refusing the others? (Is it still possible to refuse?)
You have to go for Sandra, the rest is up to you. But to get Alice, you need Lucy, for example. Full harem is still the way to go but besides Sandy, no one is mandatory. You will just get a different, "More boring" ending.

Kytronix

A New Level In Pleasure
Donor
Dec 17, 2019

Hello there you wonderful and cute people!

The usual reminder for patrons: On thursday, Patreon will try to charge you again. If money is tight and/or you don't want to support me anymore, don't forget to cancel your pledge! Also, if you plan on pledging, better wait for the 1st so you don't get double charged!

Before I jump into my plans for My New Family ( since I will be working on it again starting today ), I just wanted to tell you guys how happy I am regarding the feedback I got for Chapter II of My New Memories. Since the update took quite a bit longer than I wanted, I wasn't sure if the waiting would be worth it for you. Looks like it was, though, since the responses so far have been extremely positive. This really helped me feel more at ease about this whole "delay" stuff that has been happening, so again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

One more thing ( sorry ): On Wednesday, August 31st, it will be my three year debute in this "industry" as a developer. I plan to make a longer post that day again, talking about the future of My New Family and which way I want to take the game going further ( mainly speaking about My New Family 2 there, I think ). These last few months have been pretty tough regarding this, but I think I'm getting to a comfortable spot now.

Okay, now let's talk about My New Family. I basically took the "weekend off" to read your comments and posts regarding MNM Chapter II, so no work has been done. Now I'm fully back to focus on the MNF update again, though. Since we are pretty close to the end of the game, I plan to finally tie all the loose ends I have in the game together. You can probably guess what I mean with that - the side girls. I know that a lot of people feel that these girls were kinda left out for quite a while, and I agree, but I think that was also the "point" of these girls to begin with. Not that the MC loves them less than the main girls, but they were always there as kind of a buffer between all the household stuff. The gingers are great, but the name of the game is not "The naked beauty and her two roomates", if that makes sense. So while this update won't focus only on the side girls, they will certainly get more content. You can see it as extra stuff on top of the usual content that was already planned to begin with. As you know, the wedding will be held at the end of the update, and there are a lot of things that have to be done before that. I also plan to change certain aspects of the interface of the game, mainly the main menu. Oh, and I want to add the option to remove the textbox etc, like I did for My New Memories. So, lots of things to do, but I think I'm on a good way already.

My New Memories is not on hold, though, and I'm still working on it as well. You can see something I plan to add to the game in todays picture, a little character overview. I will do this for every girl you meet in the game ( that has a name ), just in case you forget who she is. Tell me what you think about it, you will be able to access that ingame, by the way!

And I think thats it for this week! I'm looking forward to work on My New Family again now, making sure that this update will be a wonderful experience to ease you into the transition for My New Family 2. Stay awesome!

jackdragonchaos

Jun 22, 2019
k marry me!
:LOL:

i view the sidegirls as a decompress from the main ones insanity, i eagerly await the update however long it takes.....hopefully not a year

3.90 star(s) 249 Votes