Malbolzcha

May 16, 2019
my game is skipping the anita scene. i tried using the hotfix that was posted but its till skipping it

EDIT- nevermind. it was the mod doing it

Last edited:

turgsh01

Apr 13, 2020
I mean.. You're right.
But to be blunt, anyone who can't answer that quiz should be going back to school. Or at the bare minimum, learn how to google obvious shit. ;p
Are you saying Maddie is dumb af or that every single player should all know these useless facts that serve no realistic purpose in the world?

Oct 24, 2022
Are you saying Maddie is dumb af or that every single player should all know these useless facts that serve no realistic purpose in the world?
I mean, sorta? She obviously isn't booksmart. Doesn't make her dumb. They're very basic facts.
However, I just assumed that K7 purposefully made them easy to get right, so people didn't get stuck, and could move right along, instead of having to "rollback". So it's more of an "easy-mode gameplay" thing, than "Maddie being dumb af". As I said, people should know how to google something this basic, at bare minimum.

Last edited:
Reactions: pgm_01 and Killer7

turgsh01

Apr 13, 2020
I mean, sorta? She obviously isn't booksmart. Doesn't make her dumb. They're very basic facts.
However, I just assumed that K7 purposefully made them easy to get right, so people didn't get stuck, and could move right along, instead of having to "rollback". So it's more of an "easy-mode gameplay" thing, than "Maddie being dumb af". As I said, people should know how to google something this basic, at bare minimum.
I had to replay that part of the game to remember what those questions were, but ya... all history related questions. Questions that serve no practical purpose in life and therefore to assume we should all "know the answer to those or go back to school" as you put it is quite insulting, and having to minimize a game to google something isn't my idea of fun. Not everyone in the world likes to retain useless facts and instead maybe prefer to remember things like how to troubleshoot / fix anything and everything including their own vehicles and computers and/or know how to properly set up electrical, plumbing, HVAC and structure in a home and/or have been educated in basic survival, proper parenting, how the world works, etc. I also think that knowing there's a massive solar flare expected to hit North America in mid to late 2024 is far more important information to retain than knowing which US president was first or when the mass killing started in World war 2 and when it stopped.

So ya, a WT is a nice luxury to have for chapter 2 I think it was.

EDIT: Also, "Doesn't make her dumb." and "They're very basic facts." are very contradicting statements.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2022
I had to replay that part of the game to remember what those questions were, but ya... all history related questions. Questions that serve no purpose in life and therefore to assume we should all "know the answer to those or go back to school" as you put it is quite insulting, and having to minimize a game to google something isn't my idea of fun. Not everyone in the world likes to retain useless facts and instead maybe prefer to remember things like how to troubleshoot / fix anything and everything including their own vehicles and computers and/or know how to properly set up electrical, plumbing, HVAC and structure in a home and/or have been educated in basic survival, proper parenting, how the world works, etc. I also think that knowing there's a massive solar flare expected to hit North America in mid to late 2024 is far more important information to retain than knowing which US president was first or when the mass killing started in World war 2 and when it stopped.

So ya, a WT is a nice luxury to have for chapter 2 I think it was.

EDIT: Also, "Doesn't make her dumb." and "They're very basic facts." are very contradicting statements.
Play however you like, my man. My first comment was in jest, as comments like those usually are when people miss out on "basic" stuff. That's how it goes. What you choose to commit to memory, is obviously up to you. :)

And no, it's not a contradictory statement, unless your only idea of intelligence is "knows stuff" vs "doesn't know stuff". I already stated she isn't booksmart, that is one of her character traits, and she says so herself. She's obviously well versed in other areas like self-defense, and sports in general.

Kytronix

A New Level In Pleasure
Donor
Dec 17, 2019

Hello there you super cute and every wholesome people!

Another week, another month, another progress update!

Lewd render with Sabrina and Bethany got some amazing feedback from you guys again, so thank you for that! Not sure what I will do this week, but I will cook up something different and nice!

Eigth week is about to start since my stuff got confiscated...But I have high hopes that this week will bring some news. My lawyer should finally get access to the case files now, at least according to what he said about the usual time ( 6-8 weeks ). I'll talk to him again this week and will update you as soon as I hear anything.

What an exciting last week it has been... I don't think I was ever as nervous as I was last week. The epilogue of My New Family released and I was so relieved when I saw that you guys really really liked it. The most important part for me was to make the ending "right", to not make it feel rushed etc. Even though I'm in a terrible situation IRL, I wanted to deliver something you guys will enjoy in the end - and I think I succeeded.

I'm already starting my plans for My New Family 2 and the first thing I'm going to do is make the new characters / update some of my current characters. It's not going to be easy on my current setup, but I'm confident that I can pull it off. I'm not 100% set on using Honey Select yet, but it will most likely be the case. I will talk to a few devs I know that also use honey select and try to get tips in how to make the engine look better and not "as dated" anymore.

With My New Family more or less completed I'm also pretty nervous regarding my future here. I know that a lot of you amazing people started to support me because of MNF, and now that the game is complete I can totally understand why some of you might jump off - The game is done after all, and you might not be that interested in My New Memories or MNF2 - Or maybe you want to wait till the first release of MNF2 before you support me again. All of those things are fine. Whatever you decide on, I appreciate all the support you guys have been given me over the years during the development of My New Family. If you're going to stick around and want to keep up your support, even through those difficult times - Thank you so so much! But even if you don't want to keep up the support, thank you for sticking around and helping me develop My New Family!

Now, let's talk a little bit about My New Memories. On my old PC I had written around 1500 lines of code already for Chapter 4 - I'm going to have to rewrite all of it in the next coming days. Thankfully, I remember most of what I have done, so it should not be that big of an issue. My initial plan was to take a few days off after the release of MNF, but I can't really do that at the moment. I need the work to kinda distract me from the shitty situation, so that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to write as much as I can, then do a few renders ( it's pretty difficult to render on this laptop, each render takes like 2 - 2 1/2 hours and taxes my laptop pretty hard ). I will see how long I can keep this up before I start pausing pledges - Like I said a few times, I feel like an asshole if I take your amazing peoples money while I'm not really able to commit fully to work. Especially with My New Family completed now I want to "earn" your support by working like I used to. If I pause pledges I let you guys know beforehand, I'm going to see what the next few weeks bring. I know I know, I'm writing so I'm technically working but... It's more of a thing in my own head. My mental health is all over the place since the release of MNF anyway, so I hope you guys can get somewhat behind my ( maybe ) stupid thinking. Todays render is Sabrina, being a little shy in a cute dress! Something you will see on the first day of Chapter 4!

And I think that's it for now. Thank you guys again for the amazing feedback on the MNF epilogue! Stay tuned for the lewd render this week as well! And of course, stay awesome!

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021

Hello there you super cute and every wholesome people!

Another week, another month, another progress update!

Lewd render with Sabrina and Bethany got some amazing feedback from you guys again, so thank you for that! Not sure what I will do this week, but I will cook up something different and nice!

Eigth week is about to start since my stuff got confiscated...But I have high hopes that this week will bring some news. My lawyer should finally get access to the case files now, at least according to what he said about the usual time ( 6-8 weeks ). I'll talk to him again this week and will update you as soon as I hear anything.

What an exciting last week it has been... I don't think I was ever as nervous as I was last week. The epilogue of My New Family released and I was so relieved when I saw that you guys really really liked it. The most important part for me was to make the ending "right", to not make it feel rushed etc. Even though I'm in a terrible situation IRL, I wanted to deliver something you guys will enjoy in the end - and I think I succeeded.

I'm already starting my plans for My New Family 2 and the first thing I'm going to do is make the new characters / update some of my current characters. It's not going to be easy on my current setup, but I'm confident that I can pull it off. I'm not 100% set on using Honey Select yet, but it will most likely be the case. I will talk to a few devs I know that also use honey select and try to get tips in how to make the engine look better and not "as dated" anymore.

With My New Family more or less completed I'm also pretty nervous regarding my future here. I know that a lot of you amazing people started to support me because of MNF, and now that the game is complete I can totally understand why some of you might jump off - The game is done after all, and you might not be that interested in My New Memories or MNF2 - Or maybe you want to wait till the first release of MNF2 before you support me again. All of those things are fine. Whatever you decide on, I appreciate all the support you guys have been given me over the years during the development of My New Family. If you're going to stick around and want to keep up your support, even through those difficult times - Thank you so so much! But even if you don't want to keep up the support, thank you for sticking around and helping me develop My New Family!

Now, let's talk a little bit about My New Memories. On my old PC I had written around 1500 lines of code already for Chapter 4 - I'm going to have to rewrite all of it in the next coming days. Thankfully, I remember most of what I have done, so it should not be that big of an issue. My initial plan was to take a few days off after the release of MNF, but I can't really do that at the moment. I need the work to kinda distract me from the shitty situation, so that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to write as much as I can, then do a few renders ( it's pretty difficult to render on this laptop, each render takes like 2 - 2 1/2 hours and taxes my laptop pretty hard ). I will see how long I can keep this up before I start pausing pledges - Like I said a few times, I feel like an asshole if I take your amazing peoples money while I'm not really able to commit fully to work. Especially with My New Family completed now I want to "earn" your support by working like I used to. If I pause pledges I let you guys know beforehand, I'm going to see what the next few weeks bring. I know I know, I'm writing so I'm technically working but... It's more of a thing in my own head. My mental health is all over the place since the release of MNF anyway, so I hope you guys can get somewhat behind my ( maybe ) stupid thinking. Todays render is Sabrina, being a little shy in a cute dress! Something you will see on the first day of Chapter 4!

And I think that's it for now. Thank you guys again for the amazing feedback on the MNF epilogue! Stay tuned for the lewd render this week as well! And of course, stay awesome!

Reaction:
:love::love::love::love::love::love:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dylan741

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
It was Faaaantastic!!!! Way better than I could ever imagine, Cute, sweet, lewd and beautiful ending, yes we closed a chapter but it left me happy ( well I cried, a lot, but they were happy tears so it's ok) thank you so much for everything Killer7 , I really can't wait to see what you'll bring to us in the future because I'm sure it will be wholesome and so, so great.
On a side note, I'm really sad about what happened to you, and I wish you to get everything back as soon as possible and that you can have only positive things happen to you from now on, you deserve them!!!:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
It was Faaaantastic!!!! Way better than I could ever imagine, Cute, sweet, lewd and beautiful ending, yes we closed a chapter but it left me happy ( well I cried, a lot, but they were happy tears so it's ok) thank you so much for everything Killer7 , I really can't wait to see what you'll bring to us in the future because I'm sure it will be wholesome and so, so great.
On a side note, I'm really sad about what happened to you, and I wish you to get everything back as soon as possible and that you can have only positive things happen to you from now on, you deserve them!!!:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:
I just restarted as I was way behind on this anyway and have forgotten everything. I'm excited to see what Killer7 brings in part 2.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dylan741

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I just restarted as I was way behind on this anyway and have forgotten everything. I'm excited to see what Killer7 brings in part 2.
You will love it, it was everything I hoped and much more simply adorable from the start to the end.
Some may disagree but really, it's the type of story you want to see every now and then, only good emotions and happy feelings it's a balm for the soul, and I know it may seems exaggerate but it's my personal opinion on the epilogue ( and the game in general), though being a super fan I'm probably biased but I can't do anything else than praise him. :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
You will love it, it was everything I hoped and much more simply adorable from the start to the end.
Some may disagree but really, it's the type of story you want to see every now and then, only good emotions and happy feelings it's a balm for the soul, and I know it may seems exaggerate but it's my personal opinion on the epilogue ( and the game in general), though being a super fan I'm probably biased but I can't do anything else than praise him. :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:
That's good. I just hope we added our little cat's friend with the scar to the family. I really liked her. But I'm glad it's a good emotions and happy ending. I'm really getting burned out on all the games turning into drama-fests.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
That's good. I just hope we added our little cat's friend with the scar to the family. I really liked her. But I'm glad it's a good emotions and happy ending. I'm really getting burned out on all the games turning into drama-fests.
Melissa? I don't want to spoil you anything, so let's say that while Killer gave us a proper ending (imho), he also prepared the ground for MNF2.
And I couldn't agree more with you, there are too many games already that try to push too much in that direction and that I stopped playing for the same exact reason, MNF and MNM ( and some others that I will not cite here) are really a blessing in this regard.
Having a real "and they lived happily ever after" it's awesome (again imho). :)

3.90 star(s) 249 Votes