VN - Ren'Py - Completed - My New Family [Christmas Special] [Killer7]

1. 5.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

Excellent job on this VN. I highly recommend this to any one.

PROS:
    Story has direction, and lots of progress
    Characters have depth, and room to grow
    Small twists keep you looking for future updates.
    All of the ladies are beautiful
    Renders are clean, and transition is smooth from day to day/scene to scene

CONS:
    None that I have come across. No black screens or place holders

I enjoy this VN. I, because of guilty pleasure would like more options with a certain someone in game. Maybe it'll be cultivated, maybe not. The dev is doing an excellent job either way. Keep up the amazing work, and thanks for sharing.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

braendt

Wow. OK, so first of all, need to say that in context, this is the most engaging, charming and emotionally charged story I've read in an erotic game.

A couple disclaimers for those on the fence about whether or not to try it:
    1. It's not a game. Yet. It has the potential to become one, but as written the "choices" (two options per choice) are basically the same each time
      1. Either you want to continue seeing interactions with that character
      2. Or you don't, which varies from simply abstaining from doing things with them in favor of relaxing, or being a jerk to them (with one notable exception for the reform choice).
    2. It's also not really what I consider a "harem". To me, harem implies there's someone who runs/ owns a harem, and the rest are... harem slaves? Or at least harem girls beholden to the MC. This isn't like that at all. This is more like an altruistic, free love commune setup by the oldest sister and extended by at least one or two folks outside the family.
    That said, the writing is SO engaging that, like a good book I simply wasn't able to play any other games until reaching the end of the current content here. The corny humor, the interweaving character story lines and histories, the emotionally charged scenes, and yes, the romance and real-feeling philosophical and psychological situations keep me glued to this story; and I am now, having reached the end, eagerly awaiting the next update. I NEED MY FIX OMG. :)
  3. 5.00 star(s)

paulmall

this is the cutest game i ever seen. not gonna lie. i'm not really a fan of cute content, but i was not disapointed by this one. the render is not the greatest but that does not matter the slitest. the focus on the characters and slice of life drama, maybe a little bit cliche in some parts, but as long as you make entertaning, i'm fine with that, and i'm fine with this game as well. maybe it does not have much to offer but the feelings thar gives me( happyness) is all that it needs. good work, keep it up
  4. 5.00 star(s)

_MrRobot

I loved this game, surely my top 3 favourite games. The charachters are intriguing and the way the relationships are developed and how the ideas and thoughts are made really bound with me. I'm really expecting more content soon.
  5. C
    4.00 star(s)

Carolus_Rex

Reviewing this game is kind of hard for me.

I will put it like this - it's a game that is incredibly good at doing nothing special. It is a lion among the sheep. It does nothing remarkable, nothing memorable, and it is pretty boring, but among such games it's certainly the best. It's playing its cards very safe, but very well. And that applies to pretty much every aspect of the game.

Graphics? They're mediocre. Not bad, not great. The girls come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and hairstyles. There's even a really non-invasive furry in there - if you're into those, you'll like it, if you aren't, you won't notice it much. Certainly seen better graphics, certainly seen worse ones. Nothing creative here, no real risks taken.

Writing? Very formulaic. There is pretty much no plot (as there shouldn't be with these games). MC has an insane pussy magnet. Depth to most characters is provided with "she had a terrible tragedy in her past". All girls except for like 3 are the shy archetype. You will still get attracted and attached to the characters, them being copy-pastes from the "girl archetype list" doesn't change the fact that you can get attracted to them. Of course, every single girl is a virgin unless they have kids - people like it that way, right? Character and relationship development is also kinda boring here - it's very predictable. Nothing new, nothing to shake us. The most complex girl is a 1d cutout of the worst person in the universe, and she is only complex because you do get empathy for that character still simply because of spending time with her, and you feel kinda bad about not being nice to her, because to you, she is nice. Even if not to everyone else.

Sexual content? Very rare, this game is romance-oriented first and foremost. What little sexual content you are given is boring, insanely vanilla, too short, and just not emotional enough, not engaging enough. If you want to make engaging sexual content, it should have at least some somewhat genuine emotion - those this game simply kinda lacks due to having cutouts from character archetype list instead of characters. Well, that, or you gotta appeal to the person's kinks, and these are kinda lacking here.

From this rating you will ask "why do you rate it as a 4? From your review it seems like this game is a pile of boring garbage that doesn't deserve anything above a 2." - and honestly, when I put my feelings about it into words, I can't quite put a finger on it. Yes, it's boring. Yes, it's unimaginative. But it's really really good at it. Characters are paper thin. But those are the most emotionally appealing pieces of paper I've seen, I did indeed feel some empathy for some of them some of the time. One even got me thinking a little bit. Sex is boring. But it's the most arousing movement of emotionless robots that I've ever seen. Graphics are unremarkable - but among the games with the mediocre graphics on this website, this game has the best mediocre graphics of them.

This is certainly the weakest 4 I've ever given on this website. But this game is just barely good enough to not be in the same league as the games I've rated as 3s. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, and I wouldn't call it any words like "good" - it's just good enough to be the best fish in the sea of mediocrity.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

starlink12

This game is honestly the best one I have come across on this site. It is a heartfelt and touching story with lovable characters. There is not a lot of choice in the game but you are bound to find something you like. The game also has plenty of content! Keep up the great work!
  7. 5.00 star(s)

EPrometheus

I'm not a guy who cares about graphics, so some things didn't bother me, but, although the game/VN graphics are bad, other things make up for it and at the end of the version when you go to analyze the pros and cons you realize that some things compensate for some defects making it a good game/VN. So it scores 5/5.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Chicken Knight

Im not really good with words and I don't really like writing reviews, but I think that this Game is so special and nice, that I simply have to. So bear with me.

TL;DR:
    5 Stars. Simply because the Storyline and Characters made me feel alot of things. Anger, Sadness, Happiness, Excitement, Pride and more.

I found this game randomly, by chance. I was looking through some updates and saw this. I Thought the characters looked Cute.
    And then I started playing it.

At first, it didn't seem very original. Typical "Landlady and Roommate" Story. But when I progressed, I met a little girl that had a hard time in life. And i know that feeling. I wanted to help her, be the big brother I never could be. Then I learned more and more about the characters and their Past.

All in All, the story moved me alot. It made me feel alot, too. This game is a Gem, since the Story is so lovely and wholesome that it's a good contrast to the otherwise rather dark and grim stories I read.

The amount of Choices you have each time isn't big, but that's totally okay with me. With this story, I don't need many different choices. It doesn't mean you dont have any, of course. You can almost freely decide if you want to date a character and who not. And each character you decide to date and love, brings so much joy into this game. It's like a big family.

Lastly the visuals. I love them. The Scenes are nicely made, each character looks nice and the small jokes here and there lighten the mood even higher then it already is.

I'm looking forward to the future of this Game and it's characters.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Eisbaerle

I would nearly say on of the best VN´s I´ve played the last month. Great work so far. The style of the game is nicely done, also the animations looking good. The texts are understandable and the story is also nice.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Mad Doofer

Very solid VN, one of my favorites if not my favorite right now. Characters are all different and relatable, and you can actually understand their feelings and motivations, which is not always the case in this genre.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Takennn

Great Game one of my favorite games on this site! The story only gets better and better!! The characters are lovable and honestly i spent more time just enjoying the story than anything else! I would Recommend this game to anyone who wants more than just a fap game but instead wants a game with a solid story and characters!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

JeffisZac

My New Family is the best vn i have ever played because the story is just so perfect with the godly memes, insane mix of adult content and wholesome story moments. I especially love the scenes with Lucy because she knows what she wants but will tease the mc to make him confused and then she has to spell it out.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

duckie68

Okay, initial review so this is going to be pretty slanted...

So far, only a short way into the novel and I have broken it!

I started with the responses that I felt were most natural. Sort of a "playing as me" kind of thing that I do with every game here. Almost immediately get a message from the content creator suggesting that I didn't have enough relationship with Sandra for a particular scene. Also was made very clear that the first response was the optimal response...

Heh heh...

Well, I did like Sandra and was planning that path, but since I got the warning I decided to be totally obtuse. Fuck it, let's keep that dirty ol' incest off our pristine doorstep and see how this puppy plays!

Some points were easy for me on a personal level... I wasn't interested in the domme, auntie was way too forward, the best friend and cousin actually got broken since I wasn't wantonly fucking around and the evil bitch was easy to hold a grudge against. Meanwhile Sun is... well, no real reason to pursue someone whom I barely get to meet I guess.

So, by the halfway mark of chapter three this simply endlessly cycled with the MC watching the Simpsons and Family Guy, day after day. Only swimming with new sister and cat girl completely shutting you out to break up the boredom.

By the end of chapter three, the story is completely broken and Sandra and the MC are temporarily a couple (and cat girl as well?) when taking new sis to the carnival.

So... the story NEVER takes in to account the possibility of not wanting a harem and the results are hilarious.

I'm still cycling from here to see if much comes up and I'm pretty sure this will be darned entertaining for me, but you understand why I can't do a proper review yet.

I am a tiny bit concerned that progressing the "optimal" story is so darned easy. There is no challenge in that at all since it is simply a matter of choosing the very first response. So, this one part will be a factor when I do a proper review.

Still, I will revise this later when I play the way I want to, and yeah, I will go the full harem route as well.

Still, give the whole shutdown thing a try. It's been funny so far!

EDIT; PART DEUX:

Okay, proper fucking review!

It's a complex story, and you are definitely rewarded for following the creators path. Even taking a conservative approach is enough to compel you to try again for more... even an ornery bastard like me. There are still some funny glitches when you leave some characters out of your harem, but taking the easy path remains worth it. Not a lot of VN's can pull this off. You are also rewarded by getting some fun interactions that hold up well (or even better than) with the sex scenes.

So, this is a fun game to play and well worth the mountain of written content.

Awesome job!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

NG12345

Its just nice soft sweet mushiness with cute girls.

Well, not only that there's some more unpleasant moments as characters deal with their unpleasant pasts. But mostly its just pleasant times with cute girls.

The models are pretty great, I like the characters. Sure, its all way, way too easy for the MC but there's nothing wrong with a little wish fulfillment. You don't have to engage with characters you don't want to. That's about as far as choice goes with one exception, admittedly. But I'm okay with that.

Give it a shot, I think you'll find out pretty quickly whether its good for you.
  15. 3.00 star(s)

liqingyu

I would give it a 3.5 stars if I could
    Pros:
    - lots of characters
    - lots of sexual content (which is not locked behind hours of grind or text)
    - some great scenes. Basically sex-content wise it is excellent
    Cons:
    - pretty much no interactivity, mostly clicking text dialog
    - a few choices here and there but hard to tell if they had any impact... they might have but it didn't really feel like it

TLDR: great sexual content but felt like clicking through a movie to me
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Ghost2529

I'd like to begin by clarifying that I've been following and playing this game from its early releases and both watching, and playing this game throughout it's growth into what it is today has been a refreshingly enjoyable experience to say the least. That said, my rating and review of the game here is as unbiased as I can be.

First up, is the overall story of the game.
    9 / 10 -- It's a slow-burning, character-driven story with an exceptional amount of depth. The presentation is exceptional, and aside from the minor spelling and grammatical errors (which are quickly addressed with each release), has progressed very nicely from its earliest releases. We've got comedic elements, romance, and a number of plot twists with each release as more is revealed about the characters and their relationships with every release.

Speaking of the characters, there is something for everyone, and all of the characters are fleshed out, and both believable, and full of surprises. Their interactions drive the story based on the choices you make, and their relationships with the main character feel natural rather than forced, like what you'd get in most games of this type. 10/10 here.

Plot is next up. I'd say this gets another 9/10. It's slow to start which, for a game like this one isn't a bad thing. Unlike some games, where the plot is non-existent early on or is the main focus, the plot of the overall story here is present from the beginning, and gradually develops at a natural rate. Tension builds as discoveries are made and relationships develop between the MC and the cast of lovely ladies, with plenty of twists and surprises along the way. I can't speak too much about them because doing so would cross into spoiler territory, just know things aren't always as they appear.

Visuals, Renders, and Animations get an 8/10 here. In the beginning they were a bit rigid in places, and bland in others, but this is more of a result of the lack of experience Killer had when he was first starting out, and I fully expect the earlier renders and animations to be re-worked as the game gets closer to its final release, since the overall quality of the visual elements has drastically improved from the early releases to where we are at now in v0.11. Exceptional environments, smoother animations, and more refined renders.

Overall, giving this one a well-deserved 5-Star rating because despite it's few short-comings, the rest of the game really is that phenomenal. Keep up the hard work, Killer. This one's got a LOT of potential.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

Uncle Loco

I really enjoyed this game. I found it recently while waiting for another game update to drop. I like most of the characters in the game there are a few side characters that are a little too out there for me (the 2 Eric's, thank god they are only there for a short time). Other than that the story is decent (yes I see some complaints on why the mom left, or that some of the women fall to fast for the MC but it worked for me). The game starts out a little depressing and slow, but then it progresses and you have several options (well kind of). I find you just need to be nice to everyone when you are given a choice otherwise you don't progress with them. The artwork is good, yes there is a lot better out there, but with all the redheads I will not complain. There is so much content for this game it took me several days to get to the end of the most current release for a full play through. One of the other things I like about this game is there are quite a few different body types in the game. I enjoy the smaller bust size women and this game has that, but there are still some girls with larger breasts so I feel a good balance. This is a feel good game for the most part. Yes the MC comes in a basically fixes all the issues for as many of the girls that he meets. If you don't like that kind of game then this is not a game for you. The banter between the MC and some of the girls can be corny at times, but still enjoyable. Anyway I look forward to the next update.
  18. 3.00 star(s)

lokoper

Maybe it's my fault for expecting more after all the positive reviews, but i don't get the high rating this game has.

Pros
    Beautiful models
    Not bad animation

Cons
    The premise and the excuse of why the mom had to leave son was plain stupid. Lazy writing from the dev.
    There are choices but unless you pick the "right" one you won't see any progress which raises the question of why having options in the first place if there's only path you must follow.
    It's too fast , too easy and too superficial. Before having the time to get to know a girl, she's already attracted to you, despite all knowing you're related to them and any form of attraction is wrong. But here the girls act as if it's completely normal and are ready for sexual activities without any effort from MC.

I give 3 stars for the effort and the frequent updates, but i won't keep playing this game. Maybe once it's finished i'll give it another try, but now it's just pointless flirt and sex.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

xymander

First things first, I absolutely love this game. A lot of games had made me feel like a sleazeball having to be a bit of a jerk to get the best girls. This is one of the few in production that definitely let's you be a really good guy and you get rewarded for that. Everything just really works. The story line is good and makes a ton of sense. Feels really organic to the characters personalities. Plus I have to say I love the jokes and pop culture references. All I can really say is I will be watching this game for a long time and can't wait to see how the story unfolds.
  20. 1.00 star(s)

amBest

A very poor game, with some decent lovely, if completely stupid moments.

Outside of the decent models and easy access to sex, which gives this game the status of "ok fap material", there isn't much here. And the fap material is not that great either.

## The story

The story is nothing special, the premise is "you might as well have a magic cock". It's not magic-magic, but the way everyone just wants some SUCC as soon as they meet you, it might as well be.

Ok, so everyone wants to instantly fuck you, like instantly. And everyone. Mkay, I can live with that, so what's not to like? Well, most of the text is not worth reading. Half of the day is you sitting in your bed, recapping what has just happened. But there's no new insight here, it's literally telling me everything I already know, again.

Ok, so almost half of the text in this game can be discarded, what else? Well, you have "get to know sessions" where you ask 7-12 questions to a character. It's basically completely pointless. Most of it you already know, what is new isn't interesting, and the scene is not skipable, you have to ask all these inane questions.

With that, half of the text in the game is pointless. So how's the story? Not great. It's cute and lovely. It warms my soul. Then it makes me enable "skip unseen text" to get over the pointless exposition.

## The sex!

Easy to access yet sparse. Everyone wants your cock, so no effort to fuck people, but there isn't that much fucking. An ocean of pointless text that very slowly advances, what I hesitantly call a "story", or maybe "the narrative".

While it's beautiful, in the heartwarming sense, it's not that great, and there's not enough of it. Despite this being a "having your harem, and eating it too" kind of deal, the sex is not enough to push this game to 4 stars.

Yes, I said 4 stars. This would have been a 3 star game, if there either were no paths, or if the second path even fucking existed.

## FAKE PATHS, FAKE CHOICES, FAKE PLAYER AGENCY

The game has choices, or so it says. But it doesn't. It has "do it my way, or fucking don't play the game" options. You either act as an inhuman puppet who does what the walkthrough dictates, or you act as human would act, and get no porn ... in a porn game.

But mr. reviewer, it's stated clearly that the second path is not done yet and will be added later!

Yeah, I actually do not believe that for a single second. Why have the option? Why not grey it out? Why not make it red? Why not explain ingame that it's a "TODO"? Why is it there in then first place? and why is it already kinda implemented with stupid stuff like the TV going "why didn't you fuck your sister, u gay m8?", and "This weekend sucks. If my slut sister would be sucking pee from my cock like it were a straw, then maybe it'd be fun" (I'm paraphrasing). Someone spent time implementing this. It's clearly the dev doesn't approve that path, so why fucking have it?

## Conclusion

There are way better games on the site, why waste time with this?

-----

Even after a revisit, it does not stand up. I hoped with time, maybe it would get better. but this is bottom of the barrel writing and gameplay.

It's not buggy is the highest compliment I can give the game.