xmanburst

Jan 13, 2021
Does anyone know how to fix a problem where everytime you save and exit out of the game all of your save data is gone.

Symphony of the Night

Despair has its own calms
Modder
Donor
May 19, 2017
Does anyone know how to fix a problem where everytime you save and exit out of the game all of your save data is gone.
I remember this bug long ago with Ace engine. Never seen it on MV :eek:

While playing, are you able to save, then still playing, go back and try to load that save?
Do you have a "save" folder in your game folder i.e. gamefolder /www/save and is not tick readonly in properties?
Is your game extracted and its folder located either on desktop,local disk, or another hardrive and not in appdata folder or temp or program files?

I can further assist you if you private message me, to sort the problem out on a one on one basis

Last edited:

noobizor

Sep 4, 2017
Hey guys,
i might experience a bug. I cant enter my room and when i do via cheat mod, laura is there saying "I know a better way to kill half an hour" and then I can choose "You go" or "Let her go" but i dunno how to finish this. Anyone out there who possibly could help?

Pdoan

Mar 1, 2018
Grab my Strategy Guide, link in OP and in my sig, it has just about everything on everyone not in BoF and help you see all the game's content that you will miss the first time you play and help avoid running into issues.
Thanks. I figure out why I can't progress. I did not take off my shoe when Laura is using the computer in my room. There nothing in the BoF warn me about that. Seems to be an unrecoverable mistake that break the game.

So, after setting up the computer for Laura, and after helping Maria to steal a file at Otto lab (remember to check the picture in the computer too), Laura should be using the computer any day after that (may be not Sunday). Just make sure to come back at 10 AM and that off shoes.

xmanburst

Jan 13, 2021
I remember this bug long ago with Ace engine. Never seen it on MV :eek:

While playing, are you able to save, then still playing, go back and try to load that save?
Do you have a "save" folder in your game folder i.e. gamefolder /www/save and is not tick readonly in properties?
Is your game extracted and its folder located either on desktop,local disk, or another hardrive and not in appdata folder or temp or program files?

I can further assist you if you private message me, to sort the problem out on a one on one basis
sorry I can’t private message just yet but it look like I don’t have a save folder because I tried to look for in the game flies and didn’t see it.

I can load and save in the game but when it comes to exiting out of it and returning it doesn’t work. So please help me figure it out and I appreciate your help.

Symphony of the Night

Modder
Donor
May 19, 2017
sorry I can’t private message just yet but it look like I don’t have a save folder because I tried to look for in the game flies and didn’t see it.

I can load and save in the game but when it comes to exiting out of it and returning it doesn’t work. So please help me figure it out and I appreciate your help.
I think I know what the problem is. I'll private message you instead. So message me there so we wouldnt spam here

Last edited:

Symphony of the Night

Modder
Donor
May 19, 2017
try and see if your save folder is on read only
That wasnt the problem. I already helped him sort it out.
All is good (y)

I tried searching but I can't a solution to the school bug where you get stuck at the front door with Sara. Is there any way to fix the bug or edit the save file as a workaround?
Try the bug fixes posted Here and Here.
Use both. Not sure if this fixes the problem but one was label for "Sarah at school"

Last edited:
Reactions: Q Who
May 21, 2018
SoTN cheat mod for PC: v0.84.6
Don't use mod with any new update or you will get bugs. Use only for specified version.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Other mods:
  1. Compressed PC version
Do you have the cheat mod for the version 0.85?

Reactions: Lucifer000

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
That wasnt the problem. I already helped him sort it out.
All is good (y)

Try the bug fixes posted Here and Here.
Use both. Not sure if this fixes the problem but one was label for "Sarah at school"
It got me in the school. I had the scene in the classroom and got the message to got to the parking lot. When I go through the double doors. I wind up in a black space at the mall alone.

Jame8513

Aug 30, 2017
I follow Charles quest then go buying some grocery for his mom but there's nothing here, how can i fix this bug ?
1630132971882.png

AR21

Mar 19, 2017
I think my save is fcked, I'm at the point where I joined the dragonuv s and delivered Olenka to the new house. The problem is no I can't exit it and even if use bug fix to get out, I cant enter the dragonuv pubs office

3.00 star(s) 137 Votes