Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
Hey all, I searched through the thread, but couldn't find an answer to the problem that I'm having.

My issue is with the Ronald quest, where he rapes Mrs Taylor. After I speak to the police and leave the station, I'm unable to use my cell phone for anything. When I hit the W key, it just says "no available". I'm also unable to sleep in my bed, and none of the family members are in the house at all.

I wasted time and went to the school the next day, spoke to the principal, spoke to Mrs Taylor, took her class, and went to her house after school and did tutoring. All of that seems to progress fine. But I still have no phone, way to access the PC or hint system, or use the debugger.

Is this save just screwed? Or is there a way to fix things? Thanks!

natram

Jul 20, 2019
sorry for my bad english, but i need help because i'm starting the first date with maria but she won't let me finish it because a timer is started of when i have to return from the russian mafia pub

Symphony of the Night

Despair has its own calms
Modder
Donor
May 19, 2017
Hey all, I searched through the thread, but couldn't find an answer to the problem that I'm having.

My issue is with the Ronald quest, where he rapes Mrs Taylor. After I speak to the police and leave the station, I'm unable to use my cell phone for anything. When I hit the W key, it just says "no available". I'm also unable to sleep in my bed, and none of the family members are in the house at all.

I wasted time and went to the school the next day, spoke to the principal, spoke to Mrs Taylor, took her class, and went to her house after school and did tutoring. All of that seems to progress fine. But I still have no phone, way to access the PC or hint system, or use the debugger.

Is this save just screwed? Or is there a way to fix things? Thanks!
Usually sleeping in your bed fixes this, but you said you cant. "no available" is meant to indicate something to do. But in your case, it seems like a hiccup. Send me your save and I will fix it

sorry for my bad english, but i need help because i'm starting the first date with maria but she won't let me finish it because a timer is started of when i have to return from the russian mafia pub
Im truly confuse on what you mean, sorry. I just dont understand how a mission timer and date are together. Seems strange to me, I just dont understand. Still send me your save and I will look at it.

Reactions: Loganfin

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
Usually sleeping in your bed fixes this, but you said you cant. "no available" is meant to indicate something to do. But in your case, it seems like a hiccup. Send me your save and I will fix it

Im truly confuse on what you mean, sorry. I just dont understand how a mission timer and date are together. Seems strange to me, I just dont understand. Still send me your save and I will look at it.
I appreciate that! And I'd send the file, but the private message system on the board doesn't seem to let me attach that type. (listed as an rpgsave).

No worries. I've started back with the previous save before I reached that point, and I'm just going to continue with it for now. Hopefully I won't run into the same bug.

Symphony of the Night

Modder
Donor
May 19, 2017
I appreciate that! And I'd send the file, but the private message system on the board doesn't seem to let me attach that type. (listed as an rpgsave).

No worries. I've started back with the previous save before I reached that point, and I'm just going to continue with it for now. Hopefully I won't run into the same bug.
No worries. If you do get the problem again and want to send the file, you have to zip it first then attach.
Hope you dont get the problem again (y)

Reactions: Loganfin

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
No worries. If you do get the problem again and want to send the file, you have to zip it first then attach.
Hope you dont get the problem again (y)
I decided to try and streamline my playthrough more along the lines of what the guide suggests this time, rather than exploring and jumping back and forth between the family and the school. Hopefully that leaves me with fewer problems.

Symphony of the Night

Modder
Donor
May 19, 2017
I decided to try and streamline my playthrough more along the lines of what the guide suggests this time, rather than exploring and jumping back and forth between the family and the school. Hopefully that leaves me with fewer problems.
Yeah the guide is definitely a big help to users. The guide is very well done and helps many members.

However, when I played the game, I never used any guide and dont get any problems I see many others get. Actually I never get any problem unless it a gamebug itself . I just hate to use guide tbh, I find it gets in my way, having to read back and forth. But that is just me.
My method was mainly do every single side quest that opens up and leave school and main quest for last. When a new side quest/individual girl story opens, do it out first then continue Main and School. Just something to think about if you just want to play without a guide

Last edited:

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
Yeah the guide is definitely a big help to users. The guide is very well done and helps many members.

However, when I played the game, I never used any guide and dont get any problems I see many others get. Actually I never get any problem unless it a gamebug itself . I just hate to use guide tbh, I find it gets in my way, having to read back and forth. But that is just me.
My method was mainly do every single side quest that opens up and leave school and main quest for last. When a new side quest/individual girl story opens, do it out first then continue Main and School. Just something to think about if you just want to play without a guide
Thank you, I'll take that advice.

Skirmish77

Nov 19, 2019
Honestly, SoTN's strategy has been what I usually do in this game as well and it works quite well. Now, there are a few quests where you can't progress until you do something in the main or school questlines, (like when Mrs. Turner switches to the sexy outfit and starts daydreaming when you do afternoon lessons). For the most part though, if you just finish a sidequest as soon as it opens up, you'll run into very few real issues. There's a bunch of places here where someone will post a bug that I've never encountered because I just don't set things up so that this set of events occurs in that particular order.

GothSummer

Aug 27, 2017
I have a problem. So I chose a mafia (Hornets) then suddenly you are in a new house? I can't leave said house unless I use the debug and the BOF says I have to go to the Hornet Pub in downtown south, but nothing happens when I go there plus I can never go back to the house in knightstown. Am I missing something? Did I do anything wrong? I play with no mods or cheats

natram

Jul 20, 2019
[QUOTE = "Sinfonía de la noche, publicación: 6877533, miembro: 37104"]
Por lo general, dormir en tu cama soluciona esto, pero dijiste que no puedes. "no disponible" tiene la intención de indicar algo que hacer. Pero en tu caso, parece un contratiempo. Envíame tu salvamento y lo arreglaré

Realmente estoy confundido sobre lo que quieres decir, lo siento. No entiendo cómo están juntos un cronómetro de misión y una fecha. Me parece extraño, simplemente no lo entiendo. Aún envíame tu guardado y lo miraré.
[/CITA]

Symphony of the Night

Modder
Donor
May 19, 2017
[QUOTE = "Sinfonía de la noche, publicación: 6877533, miembro: 37104"]
Por lo general, dormir en tu cama soluciona esto, pero dijiste que no puedes. "no disponible" tiene la intención de indicar algo que hacer. Pero en tu caso, parece un contratiempo. Envíame tu salvamento y lo arreglaré

Realmente estoy confundido sobre lo que quieres decir, lo siento. No entiendo cómo están juntos un cronómetro de misión y una fecha. Me parece extraño, simplemente no lo entiendo. Aún envíame tu guardado y lo miraré.
[/CITA]
No veo ningún problema con su salvado.No había un temporizador ni nada. Yo salvado a la derecha en la última opción de fecha.Podrás ver la última escena y luego irá automáticamente a la casa para la escena del sexo con María.

I see no problem with your save. There was no timer or anything. I saved right at the last date option. You will get to see the last scene and then automatically go to house for sex scene with Maria.

Skirmish77

Nov 19, 2019
I have a problem. So I chose a mafia (Hornets) then suddenly you are in a new house? I can't leave said house unless I use the debug and the BOF says I have to go to the Hornet Pub in downtown south, but nothing happens when I go there plus I can never go back to the house in knightstown. Am I missing something? Did I do anything wrong? I play with no mods or cheats
Hmm, Hornets is usually safe at this point. It's been Dragunov's that's been triggering odd results. Here's what should be happening:
1. You pick your gang by running to them before the timer counts down.
2. You should be in the new house now, and Nesrot should be handing you over to Lucy and giving you the grand tour.

If this is happening, that's normal, just let the scripted scene play out. If not, then one of two maps in your download is corrupt. Map 383 is the new house demo, and Map 149 is Nesrot's office. What you need to do is get a working copy of these and drop it into your /data folder wherever you saved My New Life. Once you do that, just load up an earlier save, (which hopefully you have because gang choice is the only real difference between playthroughs so far), and it should play out as normal.

I am providing a zip of the PC Uncompressed versions. If you're using a different version, like Android or the Compressed version, you'll need to download an uncorrupted version of that and pull the two files you need.

ChrisDark

Jul 24, 2017
The guide says to go to the main gate as Lucy. But nothing happens when I do, has there been a bug fix or am I missing something.

Symphony of the Night

Modder
Donor
May 19, 2017
The guide says to go to the main gate as Lucy. But nothing happens when I do, has there been a bug fix or am I missing something.
Your save should work fine now. If you have a save right before you change to lucy to do the quest, you can share. I can then check thoroughly to see if it is indeed a bug. As far as I can tell, the requirement is not activated in some cases. Because your only the second person I saw that have this bug.

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020

I wanted to say that by taking your advice and going by the guide, I've advanced further than I was before with no issues. Seems like the game only wants the player to go through things in specific manner? Either way, all is good, and thank you again.

3.00 star(s) 138 Votes