Rafael367

Oct 11, 2018
My reaction was mostly:
A. That's pretty much in keeping with his announcement earlier in September. A 1 day delay is still loads better than where his previous delays were hitting.
B. Now I have more time to work on my mod. Instead of just spelling errors, I have time to fix things like Charles' sprite not wearing pants after you agree to find Tinymon for him. "Whoa there, dude, let's not get carried away. I mean, Tinymon are cool, but let's try to keep your dignity intact here."

Reactions: Hoey

JK3

Jun 19, 2017
I want to enjoy this game but its constantly freezing for no reason.
>Enter a room
>Freeze
>In a cutscene
>Freeze
The annoying thing is that the games not frozen, its just the image is stuck.
Anyone know how to fix this?
I've tried using the bug fix menu to unfreeze image, but it doesn't work and you can't use it in the middle of a cutscene anyway.

just did it while saving, wtf.

Last edited:

Rafael367

Oct 11, 2018
Is it the first Amy cutscene? I ask because the .86 version I got from Patreon bugfixed that one so that it's just one frame of animation. It looks hella weird, but it is technically working. I assume it will be restored in the upcoming release.

If you're getting freezing outside of cutscenes then that sounds like an engine malfunction. There's a possibility that your antivirus is holding up something in RPG Maker MV's processes, but it could also just as easily be that you have a corrupted download. There's a few of the links in the OP post which are not working well, they seem to be corrupted files. I'd advise first checking a new download from a different source than the one you used the first time. All you need to do is look for the folder "www" in your game section and find a subfolder named "save". Copy this folder in its entirety over to your new download and your saves should work. (Unless you're trying to cross versions, like using a save from the android or compressed PC version on an uncompressed PC version of the game. That I can't guarantee as working).

JK3

Jun 19, 2017
Is it the first Amy cutscene?
I am well past it being any kind of cutscene problem
>Go into the nurses office looking around
>Crash
>Go into the "Book store"
>Crash
>In the middle of a cutscene
>Crash
>In the middle of Saving
>Crash

If you're getting freezing outside of cutscenes then that sounds like an engine malfunction.
The only info I can find that might be helpful is this

But it seems aimed at people making games instead of playing them
I have no idea how to manually install a plugin to the game, nor understand how to update corescript, or if that would even help

Symphony of the Night

Despair has its own calms
Modder
Donor
May 19, 2017
I am well past it being any kind of cutscene problem
>Go into the nurses office looking around
>Crash
>Go into the "Book store"
>Crash
>In the middle of a cutscene
>Crash
>In the middle of Saving
>Crash

The only info I can find that might be helpful is this

But it seems aimed at people making games instead of playing them
I have no idea how to manually install a plugin to the game, nor understand how to update corescript, or if that would even help
The game doesn't use core-script so that is not the issue. Once your pc meets the requirements it should run just fine, which most pc should, unless you have a dinosaur or only a integrated laptop graphic card. These cards run into issues from time to time, but updating drivers normally works.

Try the following one at a time to see what can be the problem:
  1. Restart PC
  2. Make sure you are not using the FULL version at OP. It is corrupted. The compress version works fine.
  3. Update your graphic drivers
  4. Use a clean copy of the game.
  5. Disable antivirus
  6. In folder options of windows 10 on the view tab make sure "Always show icons, never thumbnails" is checked
  7. Copy your game folder to Desktop and rename the game folder to simple name e.g. MNL ensuring the "Game.exe" is not in multiple sub folders and just in the folder you rename i.e. MNL
  8. Run the game in compatibility mode.

Last edited:

Symphony of the Night

Despair has its own calms
Modder
Donor
May 19, 2017
all rpgm games becuase i updated the system recently.
Sorry but there is none that I know except the emulator Joiplay for android. rpgm doesn't work well with windows 11 if this is what you updated to. All I can suggest is running the game in compatibility mode and choose windows 7 or 10. Update can mess up your drivers also, so I suggest you update your graphics drivers and chipset and disable antivirus and run the game and see. Last resort would be to do a system restore/rollback if games used to work before

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 137 Votes