Symphony of the Night

Despair has its own calms
Modder
Donor
May 19, 2017
SoTN, could you propose BoN to add fix to www/js/plugins/YEP_SaveCore.js for correct handling of MC's name in save location field?

JavaScript:
Window_SaveInfo.prototype.drawLocation = function(dx, dy, dw) {
    var id = this._saveContents.map._mapId;
    if (Yanfly.Param.SaveMapDisplayName) {
      var text = this._saveContents.map.locationDisplayName || '';
      text = text.replace(/\\N\[001\]/gi, this._saveContents.actors._data[1]._name);  // <<< add that line
      if (text.length <= 0 && $dataMapInfos[id]) text = $dataMapInfos[id].name;
    } else if ($dataMapInfos[id]) {
      var text = $dataMapInfos[id].name;
    } else {
      var text = '';
    }
So it will look like this:
View attachment 1526548
You may have a better shot asking him than me. I dont think BoN like me very much :unsure:

This is good to add but actually is in the game but BoN choose not to add it and it kind of to late or kind of tedious to fix as BoN already has calls to the map room already.

Your code line is easier at this point to implement, just simple copy and paste.
Judging from your code \N[001] or whatever the dev wants can also be use in the first house also, so it can also be updated to saying the MC name. Smart idea (y)

Last edited:

Inspired8

Jul 5, 2018
You may have a better shot asking him than me. I dont think BoN like me very much :unsure:

This is good to add but actually is in the game but BoN choose not to add it and it kind of to late or kind of tedious to fix.
Your code line is easier at this point to implement, seeing as BoN already has calls to the map room already. And judging from your code \N[001] can also be use in the first house also, so it can also be updated to saying the MC name. Smart idea (y)
You constantly help fix his shit, it would be surprising if he actually doesn't like you because of it, since it should be the other way around usually. Considering he's not even paying you anything for your hard work. It wouldn't help his already ruined reputation, if that's the case IMO

Symphony of the Night

Modder
Donor
May 19, 2017
You constantly help fix his shit, it would be surprising if he actually doesn't like you because of it, since it should be the other way around usually. Considering he's not even paying you anything for your hard work. It wouldn't help his already ruined reputation, if that's the case IMO
Im just assuming this btw, from certain things I notice but it could also be totally coincidences (nothing is impossible).
BoN has never said or communicate that he dislikes me or anything. This is just my assumption based on certain details I notice. Which can be totally wrong.

With that being said, I don't really care nor is anyone obligated in anyway to like me at all.
I'm a random pirate on the seas of thieves ;)

I mainly do this cause I liked the game tremendously at one point and to help you guys out. I don't even play the game anymore, but continue to constantly update when I can, to help members,future players and friends I made on this forum.
I greatly appreciate the support and help from you guys :love: .

Last edited:

hhrtghjy

Nov 30, 2021
Your code line is easier at this point to implement, just simple copy and paste.
Judging from your code \N[001] or whatever the dev wants can also be use in the first house also, so it can also be updated to saying the MC name. Smart idea (y)
Engine is not support replacing variables when works with extensions, that's why it is saved as '\\N[001]', which in RPG Maker means "Name variable of actor 001".
If BoN won't add it, than you can include that fix in your fixes set (or with cheat mod).

chunkas

Jan 29, 2018
What kind of person is BoN anyway? Just the other day I read comments on the ratings that players leave. There are a huge number of just sensible comments. Hmm, and what of this is implemented in practice in the game at the moment? And I accidentally noticed that he liked all those who gave him five stars. Maybe this is a common practice, I don't know. Imho, perhaps this still characterizes him a little as a person. If it's important to the case, it doesn't matter at all whether the dev likes someone there or not. Let's say I don't see BoN's particular interest in improving the game at all right now. Like last time, it turned out that the bug on the bug drives the bug, while the number of fixes is close to zero. Is he even going to continue his game in the future? Yes or No?

PokeIssau

Fan of things.
Donor
Jan 15, 2018
Try the updated pc cheat mod
I actually thought I screwed up by applying a patch wrong or something so I re-downloaded the full game from scratch 5 minutes before I post the commentary, downloaded your cheatmod, applied it and at the end I downloaded the 3 patches (the last one you uploaded, 3 in 1) and applied them, I get that anyway.
I already pass the dates with the clothes store option of the cheat mod but still hurts a little not seen the Alison scenes, shes one of my favorites haha.

P.S. you are one of my favorite users here dude, you always help! thanks 4 everything.

Ahemd

Oct 7, 2017
Okay, for everyone who cannot get past the 'Mission' scene after you and Markus visit his cousin who you gave money for weed to(while tripping balls... and Markus who emptied his balls in their .. place), I may have a workaround.

After you get through the mission (I was the gentlemen gang and had no bunny girl to change gangs), and get the black screen.

In the black screen, hit ESC use your phone in essential items, and you can move again. Then press 'w' when ever you get to an area where you can. Then us the car to go BACK to midtown. When I did that, you repeat somethings you said to markus before, but then it show him 'joining the team' and your mision continues, go home and to your room.

I am not sure how much further this goes, or if it is bugged as i have not played much past this as i felt i needed to help out you other folks who are stuck.

Good Luck!
Thanks it worked just fine. Able to finish the update to the end.

Symphony of the Night

Modder
Donor
May 19, 2017
(y)
Thanks Symphy we love you for that, you are a great gal/guy/it :) and we cannot thank you enough.

Cheers to you
I a dude lmao :alien::alien:

Engine is not support replacing variables when works with extensions, that's why it is saved as '\\N[001]', which in RPG Maker means "Name variable of actor 001".
If BoN won't add it, than you can include that fix in your fixes set (or with cheat mod).
Dont get me wrong I understand what you mean. However, the reason the game is saving the display name as '\\N[001]' is because display name is an "object" and all yanfly savecore does is return the text placed their. Which your code fixes the yanfly savecore by replacing the define "text"

"Engine is not support replacing variables" this is not entirely true. This is fairly simple to do and I have done this before. You can accomplished this with or without a plugin. However, the actors variables is a whole other story.

All above is irrelevant, as this topic is about saving and specifically BoN use of Yanfly savecore. BoN can either use your code or simple use the Yanfly savecore options and implement it there . That is what I was referring to. As I mentioned feel free to tell BoN on his discord or quote him here if you want (y). Also thanks for the permission to use your code in the save-core, I appreciate it.

I actually thought I screwed up by applying a patch wrong or something so I re-downloaded the full game from scratch 5 minutes before I post the commentary, downloaded your cheatmod, applied it and at the end I downloaded the 3 patches (the last one you uploaded, 3 in 1) and applied them, I get that anyway.
I already pass the dates with the clothes store option of the cheat mod but still hurts a little not seen the Alison scenes, shes one of my favorites haha.

P.S. you are one of my favorite users here dude, you always help! thanks 4 everything.
Are you still not able to see them? Do you mean the cheat mod date bypass or the game itself?

Last edited:
Reactions: PokeIssau

Inspired8

Jul 5, 2018
What kind of person is BoN anyway? Just the other day I read comments on the ratings that players leave. There are a huge number of just sensible comments. Hmm, and what of this is implemented in practice in the game at the moment? And I accidentally noticed that he liked all those who gave him five stars. Maybe this is a common practice, I don't know. Imho, perhaps this still characterizes him a little as a person. If it's important to the case, it doesn't matter at all whether the dev likes someone there or not. Let's say I don't see BoN's particular interest in improving the game at all right now. Like last time, it turned out that the bug on the bug drives the bug, while the number of fixes is close to zero. Is he even going to continue his game in the future? Yes or No?
I mean, this guy's attitude has gotten worse since revamp, which doesn't make much sense. Considering that nowadays his schedule is not tight at all, like it used to be 3 years, but he's also making less money on revamp, than he used to make while making the original game. At this point he doesn't care about the project anymore, besides the money side. Quality of images has gotten better of course, game is less baffling, than it used to be. QoL changes in revamp are good (fast movement between locations/map/ quest log etc.). But other than that, the game is basically an empty shell of what it used to be. Plot is recycled IMO. He reuses old images (some of sarah images in this update were in the very first version revamp). Original version wasn't perfect, but it was fun to play, plus the upsides always outweighed downsides. But now it's just a cashcow, that should just die, considering his attitude and time it takes him to make such poor quality updates. He's going to either abandon this project entirely and move on or he'll just make a half-ass ending and abruptly finishes it. I hope there's a 2nd part of this update coming on this weekend or so, cuz if this is all he managed to make in 3 months, then it means he probably just worked 2-3 weeks on this update and just lazed around for ~2 months.

Last edited:

Inspired8

Jul 5, 2018
Im just assuming this btw, from certain things I notice but it could also be totally coincidences (nothing is impossible).
BoN has never said or communicate that he dislikes me or anything. This is just my assumption based on certain details I notice. Which can be totally wrong.

With that being said, I don't really care nor is anyone obligated in anyway to like me at all.
I'm a random pirate on the seas of thieves ;)

I mainly do this cause I liked the game tremendously at one point and to help you guys out. I don't even play the game anymore, but continue to constantly update when I can, to help members,future players and friends I made on this forum.
I greatly appreciate the support and help from you guys :love: .
I mean, you're the MVP of this thread IMO. You're constantly helping people, updating your mod regularly, fixing bugs, patches as well, all of this makes playing this buggy abomination of a game more enjoyable. Thank you for your hard work as always (y)

Strajder

Nov 26, 2018
I a dude lmao :alien::alien:

Don't get me wrong I understand what you mean, that is why the game is saving the display name an "object". What I was referring to is your code can simply be use or use something else. Changing the code line obviously to match if something else.

"Engine is not support replacing variables" this is not entirely true. You can still accomplished this without plugin. This is fairly simple to do and I have done this before, but this topic is about saving and specifically BoN use of Yanfly savecore. BoN can either use your code or simple use the Yanfly savecore options and implement it there . That is what I was referring to. As I mentioned feel free to tell BoN on his discord or quote him here if you want.

Are you still not able to see them? Do you mean the cheat mod date bypass or the game itself?
Can you help me please, I got a bug with lucy not opening main door, I'm using latest version of the game with your mod and latest fixes posted by bon, maybe you can check my save and see if you can fix it please, I cannot advance any further in the game because only lucy and sarah quest are left and cannot advance on sarah bc of lucy. Thanks in advance mate.

PokeIssau

Fan of things.
Donor
Jan 15, 2018
Call me crazy but I think it's the cheatmod, when I do it normal it let me continue and see the scene, the problem appears when I try with the mod, only the clothing store option works with the mod in my case :c I havent tried with other dates because I havent reach them yet.
In case the video below doesnt show up:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I will leave my save just in case you want to check it, surely im wrong.

Symphony of the Night

Modder
Donor
May 19, 2017
Can you help me please, I got a bug with lucy not opening main door, I'm using latest version of the game with your mod and latest fixes posted by bon, maybe you can check my save and see if you can fix it please, I cannot advance any further in the game because only lucy and sarah quest are left and cannot advance on sarah bc of lucy. Thanks in advance mate.
Cannot download your save due to f95zone ongoing problem. Try uploading it to a host such as mega and pm me the link

Call me crazy but I think it's the cheatmod, when I do it normal it let me continue and see the scene, the problem appears when I try with the mod, only the clothing store option works with the mod in my case :c I havent tried with other dates because I havent reach them yet.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I will leave my save just in case you want to check it, surely im wrong.
So thats mean your referring to the date bypass. I only fixed that bug yesterday. Please re-download the pc cheat mod and see if the date bypass is working. I will go now and test on my side. I cannot donwload your save or see the video because of f95zone problem

• Red Heart
Reactions: PokeIssau

Symphony of the Night

Modder
Donor
May 19, 2017
Lucy Main Door Fix
Thanks to Strajder for letting me know

This will fix the bug where as Lucy, nothing happens at the main door in the new house at night.

Check OP for bug fixes

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Strajder
3.00 star(s) 137 Votes