Mar 27, 2019
The guy is depressed, his job is too stressful and demanding, and we don't get it, however, he will not let the "hate" get to him! He will "rise" again! But on a serious note, he just treats the project as a cash cow at this point, he only wants to get the same amount of money if not more by doing nothing/almost nothing every month. The fact that he moved the release date to the end of August only shows how little he cares about the project and his supporters since he's going to force them to pay in September for the "second part" of the update. I also wonder how "huge" this update is going to be since we don't know how he defines "huge" in this context. If he delays Lucy's content again, it will be such a mess for him, that the backlash could be humongous.

P.S: The last update was also the worst one to date so far that you can't even consider it as a standalone update but rather as another part of Sara's initial update from the end of the last year. So you can even go as far as to say, it was 9 months since the last update
Good god I forgot about that update you are so right. this current game had a few extras I didn't see. the last version I had played was 0.87 or 0.86 not sure which I delete them as soon as I see a newer version is out. as far as lucy's content I can only hope it's good because as of right now there is almost no content for her. and whats up with the youtuber thing being not added.
side note
the game that was abandoned had just about all the same things done as far as book of faces and it had the youtuber stuff too. I think the only thing it lacked was more of the mafia stuff and a endgame.it did not have lucy content as far as I know there were a few things about her in it . you got to meet and talk and visit with her but that was it no major quests that I remember.I think most of the abandoned games players were waiting on more content for her and others plus mafia and a end game.

I can only hope that the next update gives more content , maybe adds the youtuber stuff or more mafia stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Inspired8
Mar 27, 2019
Honestly, I'll say it again. It's a problem for BeggarOfLazyness and its patrons. I have nothing to do with it, are they happy getting updates every 6 months? Do you keep paying? Okay, I don't care. Unfortunately this topic is abandoned by mods and butthurt reigns here. 50% are people complaining about the bugs and the other 50% complaining about this shit-dev. At least the old MNL thread had people talking about scenes, theories, fanart, etc.

RIP THIS TOPIC.
can't rip this topic because as you mentioned some people are pissed about bugs or in game problems. some are pissed about the dev and the waiting on a update. some are just here to talk about the game and what it has and what it doesn't have. such as not have the youtuber to make vids . there is just a couple of times you have acesses to it one when you watch Sarah's dance . the second is doing Morgans quests any other time you try it . it is disabled or not added . I may have to go back to the abandoned game just to have something else to play while I wait for this games update. oh and by the way the old mnl thread does have some of the hate like stuff just like on here I should know some of it was from me being pissed about the dev doing a revamp of mnl but didn't finish the old mnl.

Gundamu0079

Sep 19, 2018
Lol , every developer is sick , or has anxiety and depresiion, that’s why nobody believes them haahahah some other lives near Ucrania and need to run fast from there hhaahaah what a bunch of crap , this guy is like Dr bones and his game the manor
lmao he also looks up to dr bones and his terrible ethic

in my new life mc's room there is a manor poster

IAmTheWurst

Jul 26, 2018
At this point, I think it would be better for Beggar's mental health if someone just took over this project. Anxiety and panic attacks are not something he should take lightly.

Inspired8

Jul 5, 2018
Good god I forgot about that update you are so right. this current game had a few extras I didn't see. the last version I had played was 0.87 or 0.86 not sure which I delete them as soon as I see a newer version is out. as far as lucy's content I can only hope it's good because as of right now there is almost no content for her. and whats up with the youtuber thing being not added.
side note
the game that was abandoned had just about all the same things done as far as book of faces and it had the youtuber stuff too. I think the only thing it lacked was more of the mafia stuff and a endgame.it did not have lucy content as far as I know there were a few things about her in it . you got to meet and talk and visit with her but that was it no major quests that I remember.I think most of the abandoned games players were waiting on more content for her and others plus mafia and a end game.

I can only hope that the next update gives more content , maybe adds the youtuber stuff or more mafia stuff.
The revamp has even more content than the original game atm if we consider the filler characters from main/side quests. Tyna and Amaria should finally get content. We can only wait and see the end result at this point. It should be better than the February one, that's for sure and if it's as bad, then his income will be greatly reduced as a result of it then IMO.

Reactions: TwilightPinkiePie

Inspired8

Jul 5, 2018
At this point, I think it would be better for Beggar's mental health if someone just took over this project. Anxiety and panic attacks are not something he should take lightly.
All of this could've been easily avoided/mitigated 2-4 years ago if he actually was willing to hire people for the project but in his mind, it's only "expenses" in the short term, as well as, he will have to release updates every 1-1.5 months which he clearly doesn't want to do anymore. If he can't work on the project anymore, he should just cancel it altogether and stop milking his supporters, which he clearly isn't willing to do since it's free money for doing basically nothing every month. I also doubt he would let someone take over the project, it would either mean losing his precious cash cow or splitting the money from Patreon each month. If he messes up the next update, the game should just die after such a series of big blunders.

Mar 27, 2019
The revamp has even more content than the original game atm if we consider the filler characters from main/side quests. Tyna and Amaria should finally get content. We can only wait and see the end result at this point. It should be better than the February one, that's for sure and if it's as bad, then his income will be greatly reduced as a result of it then IMO.
you maybe right but let see a break down of MNL vs revamp MNL the main characters about the same in each game. MNL story is good not much to fuss about other than not being finished. Revamp MNL story is darker and not finished. Maps, MNL smaller maps,Revamp maps are a little bigger just a tad better looking. Mafia is just a pain, MNL mafia is decent but unfinished, Revamp mafia needs more work and alot more quests but is ok. one of the things I liked in the revamp is you get to keep the main characters with you for which ever mafia you pick I think I have not tried to join the dads side yet I have tried hornets , russians,and triads so far. In the MNL when it came to mafia's if you pick anybody but russaians you lost Maria and her kids I think.
Mafia story needed work on both game but MNL had training you can do plus the Pussy fight you could win. I like both games but MNL seems like a almost finished game. revamp needs more work and to add some of the things that MNL has such as the youtuber thing , the fight training plus the pussy fights. not to mention more story quests

Reactions: Aioria619
Mar 3, 2022
Okay downloading the compressed v89 and Symphony's superb mod. Not played the game is ages, so even with the mod is there any game breaking bugs to keep an eye out for?

edit

Never mind. I got to the point where you're supposed to get to school within 3 minutes and the game just breaks. Fucking piece of shite man. Deleted this crap right away.

Last edited:

Inspired8

Jul 5, 2018
you maybe right but let see a break down of MNL vs revamp MNL the main characters about the same in each game. MNL story is good not much to fuss about other than not being finished. Revamp MNL story is darker and not finished. Maps, MNL smaller maps,Revamp maps are a little bigger just a tad better looking. Mafia is just a pain, MNL mafia is decent but unfinished, Revamp mafia needs more work and alot more quests but is ok. one of the things I liked in the revamp is you get to keep the main characters with you for which ever mafia you pick I think I have not tried to join the dads side yet I have tried hornets , russians,and triads so far. In the MNL when it came to mafia's if you pick anybody but russaians you lost Maria and her kids I think.
Mafia story needed work on both game but MNL had training you can do plus the Pussy fight you could win. I like both games but MNL seems like a almost finished game. revamp needs more work and to add some of the things that MNL has such as the youtuber thing , the fight training plus the pussy fights. not to mention more story quests
The story doesn't differ as much between the original game and the revamp. My point here was that the revamp has a better quality of sex scenes and there are more of them atm when compared to the original game if you count secondary+ characters. Quality of life is also better in the revamp but the number of bugs present is even worse given Bon actually released bug fixes for the original game and nowadays almost every bug out there was fixed by, again, people from this thread, like Symphony of the Night. Recent updates are bland when it comes to the plot/storytelling with the exception of the original Lucy's update back in August-September of last year, that one was well-crafted in that regard. The reason why revamp lacks content when it comes to the main quest/story is because of permanent delays, lots of filler characters that you only see during a single quest or so, and last but not least is Bon's laziness. The revamp has more downsides than upsides atm, a lot of content was just cut out from it since it was just easier to shelve it rather than actually put in some work on the technical side of things, also content from the latter updates of the original game was just put into the revamp, like Jet's content for example with the addition of 1 replayable scene. The revamp is only treated as a cash cow by Bon lately, he only puts some effort into scenes and, most of the time disregards everything else, like the plot/bug fixing etc. The original game was more complete and basically finished, the revamp's plot is somewhat a mess atm, most people just want him to finish the game already and move on.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
G-guys I-- I'm not f-feeling too good.

A person working in Spain typically earns around 2,710 EUR per month. Salaries range from 830 EUR (lowest average) to 11,400 EUR (highest average).
0Intro044.png

Retrorat1

Jun 25, 2019
Try this, it wouldnt affect anything as this just a side mission.

To start the mission edit variable 62 and change it to 1. Then go to the sex shop and talk to the woman, after go to your room and sleep. End of side mission. (y)
How would you do this? I searched for a file "variable 62" didnt find anything, or am I missing something. as I had to reinstall and played it again but didnt encounter that side mission the second time around.
Thanks

Reactions: FireFunk

Symphony of the Night

Despair has its own calms
Modder
Donor
May 19, 2017

How would you do this? I searched for a file "variable 62" didnt find anything, or am I missing something. as I had to reinstall and played it again but didnt encounter that side mission the second time around.
Thanks
You don't search for a file name variable 62. You use a save editor and edit your save and look for variable 62.
Try or use an offline save editor

IAmTheWurst

Jul 26, 2018
All of this could've been easily avoided/mitigated 2-4 years ago if he actually was willing to hire people for the project but in his mind, it's only "expenses" in the short term, as well as, he will have to release updates every 1-1.5 months which he clearly doesn't want to do anymore. If he can't work on the project anymore, he should just cancel it altogether and stop milking his supporters, which he clearly isn't willing to do since it's free money for doing basically nothing every month. I also doubt he would let someone take over the project, it would either mean losing his precious cash cow or splitting the money from Patreon each month. If he messes up the next update, the game should just die after such a series of big blunders.
G-guys I-- I'm not f-feeling too good.

View attachment 1972412
Both of you are right and have good points, I deliberately wanted to leave the financial aspect out of this. Beggar is showing the clear signs of burnout, that's why he's experiencing anxiety, panic attacks, etc. The solution in these cases is not what he is doing. I think there is two outcome from this situation:
  • Someone will create a mod for this game, an unofficial continuation. Beggar will get mad and he either pushes through his situation via sheer rage or he will start threatening the modder to stop.
  • MNL will be the new Milfy City and the whole project slowly dies. This is the worst scenario for multiple reasons: Beggar won't be able to move forward and his condition will worsen and the community will be the same as in the case of Milfy City.

Mar 27, 2019
Both of you are right and have good points, I deliberately wanted to leave the financial aspect out of this. Beggar is showing the clear signs of burnout, that's why he's experiencing anxiety, panic attacks, etc. The solution in these cases is not what he is doing. I think there is two outcome from this situation:
  • Someone will create a mod for this game, an unofficial continuation. Beggar will get mad and he either pushes through his situation via sheer rage or he will start threatening the modder to stop.
  • MNL will be the new Milfy City and the whole project slowly dies. This is the worst scenario for multiple reasons: Beggar won't be able to move forward and his condition will worsen and the community will be the same as in the case of Milfy City.
I was wondering why some else has not tried the do a unofficial continuation mod yet? that would at least give players something else to play while they wait for the update.

Kaiser777

Nov 7, 2017
I was wondering why some else has not tried the do a unofficial continuation mod yet? that would at least give players something else to play while they wait for the update.
if this update that is supposed to be mostly about: Lucy, Tyna with her cousin and the gang (Lucy being the most important) is crap.
Surely the mods will appear (those who know how to program and animate).
Although the safest is to wait for the full game to come out to avoid problems.

Inspired8

Jul 5, 2018
I mean, Bon already leeches off from this thread, specifically from modders like Symphony of the Night since they are the ones who fix bugs nowadays and not him but they're not getting paid for it. He will finish the project eventually unless he decided to revamp it again in the future. There also wouldn't have been any signs of such severe "burnout" if he just finished the game in 2019 as he initially planned to. Even if someone does decide to finish/continue the game, Bon will just ignore it, as long as it doesn't affect his monthly income. If he messes up Lucy's update, the project will die quite fast IMO since it was slowly bleeding out for 1+ year or so at this point, even though, it hasn't affected his monthly income yet. You can't also ignore the financial aspect here, if it was his side hustle or a passion project, then we can ignore the money side of it but his supporters pay his bills monthly, by investing money and improving the development process everyone will be happy, the only downside for Bon in this scenario is that he won't be able to laze around for 1-2 months and release a buggy update every 3 months or so. If people from this thread decide to finish the game once he abandons it, they will do a much better job than Bon IMO.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Why u guys are angry with BeggarOfShitness?
We don't even pay for this shit and gets 4 free. Who must be angry are the brainlet patrons of this guy. lol
NOBODY is angry with BonerOfNet. We're just laughing at his Patrons.

Sure :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Jarul and Inspired8
3.00 star(s) 138 Votes