Rancid Dragon Productions

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
You been using teleport all "willy-nilly" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, in order words you cause this bug on yourself. It should be known to never use teleport when menu is lock or ongoing missions. This is always a no no.

To fix this current bug, all you have to do is teleport back home. Go into house then try to leave house via the front door. This will fix current bug but not any previous ones that you maybe have, if you was teleporting all over. If you are stuck later on, feel free to let me know (y).
lol, figures it was something I did. Sounds just like me. lol Thanks

undefiniert

Nov 7, 2018
I don't think you know what the word "constantly" means.
It‘s a fact that there are updates. Some of them need some time, some need less.
There are LOTS of other devs who promise updates, and keep promising over and over again and do not deliver anything but new promises.

• Angry
Reactions: Aramintha

anonym0u5

Jun 21, 2020
It‘s a fact that there are updates. Some of them need some time, some need less.
There are LOTS of other devs who promise updates, and keep promising over and over again and do not deliver anything but new promises.
That's not how "constantly" works.

If I worked for a day, then stop working & suddenly come back to the company 8 months later, do you think my boss would buy the excuse that "I am constantly working, it just take a long time boss" or do you think he'd kick me out instead?

And this is what bon doing right now.

Also there more devs that kept their promises & deliver their updates on time compare to bon.

Last edited:

undefiniert

Nov 7, 2018
That's not how "constantly" works.

If I worked for a day, then stop working & suddenly come back to the company 8 months later, do you think my boss would buy the excuse that "I am constantly working, it just take a long time boss" or do you think he'd kick me out instead?

And this is what bon doing right now.

Also there more devs that kept their promises & deliver their updates on time compare to bon.
how do you know, he works for a day and then stops for a specific period of time? taking some days off ("holidays") is what EVERYONE has the rights for - at least where I live.

Nepheus

Jan 6, 2020
how do you know, he works for a day and then stops for a specific period of time? taking some days off ("holidays") is what EVERYONE has the rights for - at least where I live.
He could be more transparent. Make it clear hes going to get a rest AFTER he releases the update. Like 1 month rest. Then back to the grind until the next update then rest again. We are just clueless on how many breaks he takes. Just like you said, we dont know, and that creates anxiety on the fans excited for the game...

Yotetar

May 23, 2020
Sure, everyone deserves holidays and be off by depression and illness, that's are basic rights that everyone can accept or not, but it is comon sense that everyone need some time to be off, and need to be off if you have an illness.
The problem is, how you sustain people that doesnt work?, because on this capitalism world if you dont work, you dont eat, it is simple as that right?Everyone can understand this basic thing.
Then, how we sustain this people? Well this enter the taxes.
In principle without corruption and etc.One of the uses of taxes, is to give a pay to people who are in risk of social exclusion.

If you are ill, you still need to pay food, bills etc,, so the government give you a pay while you are ill, or if you cannot work for other medical,physical, or social reasons.(It is starting to be implemented to pay a salary for those who"cannot find a job")

They pay by, your own insurance, your own employer, or directly by them.(Sometimes people mistakes that its the employer who pays you, or the insurance, thats a real mistake, you MAY think that they pay you, but in reality is the government, because if they really pay to everyone who cannot work, they enter in bankruptcy.

Taxes, who pay taxes? On an ideal world, everyone pay his taxes, some people more, some people less, but EVERYONE pay their taxes, whatever you work.So this dev pay their taxes with your money,while he gets a salary that YOU pay monthly on his patreon.

What is the most controversial thing I see here?
-He gets his money every month while people doesnt see "improvements" on the game because he has a serious illness, that need treatment, and depending the grade of illness, he should or shouldnt work.Depression is a serious shit that can end in death if it is not treated correctly.And of course this illness, proved that makes a significant damage into being productive, at least, to him.

-You pay your taxes in your country, to pay this type of things(apart from many otghers like, education,healthy service,infrastrecturues, etc): And if we add that you pay also his salary without seeing any improvements, it is normal that people may get angry.

This of course is not an excuse to bully him, or whatever people make to him. NEVER. If you are aware that you are harming him because of these reasons, you are an inmature kid.

Personally, what it should be done?

-The dev should get time off and recover, until he is ready to face his job without repercussions, and by this I mean shutting his patreon off. He can get a pay by the government while he is recovering. He pay his taxes, he can expect get a pay while he cannot work(garanteed, I know spain laws pretty well, I know how it works)

-The patrons should not pay him while he is not being productive, there's no harm, really, he will not be evicted or in debts, laws protect this cases, even if sometimes are difficult to get them applied.It is like a job, your employer will not pay you if you are not being productive (logic), and your job will not be replaced when you come back from your illness(or at least it shouldn't), laws also protect your job,if you get fired because you are ill, laws will protect you, even if they try to scam the law, by firing you at the next day you are on your job again.

In his case, he doesnt have this problem. And even if coming back he doesnt get much money as he needs, he can get a pay to not get evicted, etc while he is searching to a part-job or trying to rise up again.

I know, this is basic pure logical and on the world out there, things can get more complicated,but everyone got sick, got fired and rised up again.That's life I think.

What we would do with patients with cancer that cannot work, and they are still out there, living? After they heal, they are working and being productive again.

That's all.

Pd:at first, I will not answer any comments here, so dont expect an answer if you quote me, I know how ill this thread is, I reserve my right to answer the comments I think it is deserved to be answered.

chunkas

Jan 29, 2018
Well, well, well. The widely announced update of the dying game is being postponed again. Do you want, my friend, that pretty boring pussy fights turn into an exciting races, and after a few years of waiting, you will finally have a YTV?! Wait another half a month, buddy, and you can enjoy home events with Lucy ...
To wait or not to wait is the question?
Well, judging by some comments, optimists are full of hope, and some even manage to protect dev: It turns out that this game is regularly updated :eek:

Inspired8

Jul 5, 2018
Well, well, well. The widely announced update of the dying game is being postponed again. Do you want, my friend, that pretty boring pussy fights turn into an exciting races, and after a few years of waiting, you will finally have a YTV?! Wait another half a month, buddy, and you can enjoy home events with Lucy ...
To wait or not to wait is the question?
Well, judging by some comments, optimists are full of hope, and some even manage to protect dev: It turns out that this game is regularly updated :eek:
People who are hyped for this update will be extremely disappointed if it actually gets released this month. There are going to be a ton of bugs, even more than usual, and Bon will do absolutely nothing about it so they will have to come here and ask for help or download updated versions of mods. Worst case scenario, he cuts out Lucy's content completely, makes another blunder, like in February, and goes on yet another 6+ months "break" from which he might or might not return at all IMO.

Aramintha

Formerly 'ProjectSkywardFan'
Jun 1, 2022
I am genuinely surprised that people buy beggars lies about him being depressed, I seriously doubt it and even if he was he is too depressed to work but he is not depressed to take peoples money every month.

A normal human being would go get some help and postpone or cancel the game but hey he is literally getting thousands of dollars for doing 0 work every month, then he just rushes and puts out a buggy build when his cashcows get annoyed then its rinse and repeat.

This man is the most unlucky man in the planet in a single year he claims he got depression,ptsd,almost drowned, got in to a car accident and lost passion for the project.

Next thing he is going to say he was abducted by aliens or some shit.

I think the real reason and truth to all of it is that he probably lost passion for the game and is the real reason the updates take so long, he probably hates working on the game at this point.

Last edited:

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
I was a patron of his years ago for a couple of years. I had to stop my pledges for finances but did give some light constructive criticism on discord. When I tried to be a patron again I was banned. No reason, tried asking in discord no reason given. It's a weird cult
Your case might be a bann from the dev....I was a patreon at one point and unsubbed, came back and was banned. Sometimes the issue is with patreon...not the dev himself. Had a similar problem with Nenad Asanovic,s patreon page....I unsubbed and then ended up banned. He explained that it was not his doing and that patreon for whatever reason banned me from his page.

aager

May 3, 2022
There may be a completed update coming but any think that anyone believing a completed MNL 2 game will ever exist is taking delusion to a level never before seen.

Inspired8

Jul 5, 2018
There may be a completed update coming but any think that anyone believing a completed MNL 2 game will ever exist is taking delusion to a level never before seen.
He won't release it in full at the end of the month, at best he drops the first part, at worst we can expect another delay dressed with one of his "excuses". If he drops the full update at the end of the month, a lot of people won't pay in September
P.S: I'll give Bon props if he proves me wrong this time around, which is quite unlikely at this point.

anonym0u5

Jun 21, 2020
And how do YOU know that he's "constantly" working like you've claimed?

Sure I definitely dunno that, but has he show his face to prove me wrong & you're right?

He sure hasn't.

undefiniert

Nov 7, 2018
There are updates. This is sufficient proof.

I don’t know what your guys problems are. No one is forced to pay anything here. Not to forget, you support the creator, not pay the game itself! These are entirely different things!
If you don’t want to support anyone, you don’t have to. But you never pay the game, if you pledge.

anonym0u5

Jun 21, 2020
There are updates. This is sufficient proof.
This would just immediately pointed back to my previous reply to you.

His updates timespan is quintuple that of an average independent dev, that isn't sufficient proof.

Do you even know why I gave you that example about work in a company? If this is his work ethic, he would've gotten his ass fired on day 2.

This is not "working", this is scamming.

Inspired8

Jul 5, 2018
This would just immediately pointed back to my previous reply to you.

His updates timespan is quintuple that of an average independent dev, that isn't sufficient proof.

Do you even know why I gave you that example about work in a company? If this is his work ethic, he would've gotten his ass fired on day 2.

This is not "working", this is scamming.
The guy doesn't get it, this year he released only 1 update, which can only be described as a blunder and nothing more than another part of the last update from the last year. Here were are, almost 8 months of 2022 have passed, and we have yet to see a decent update from a full-time dev, who, apparently, is the unluckiest person on the planet. The leniency people give Bon is astounding to me, especially the last couple of years, the guy doesn't have a "tight" schedule for a year now since it was too "stressful" for him yet nothing has changed, I wish Patreon would just force full-time devs to release new content every 3 months or so, by simply freezing money in place and giving it to them after they release a new update/content, excluding force major situations, which don't allow the dev to work on the project/game, that can be proven with something more than dev's words, like in the case of Bon. Bon has only ever said that something had happened to him but I wonder, has he ever proven a single far-fetched thing? Because I've ever only seen him saying it via posts or when someone shared his messages from discord here since when all you hear from this guy is that something always happens to him and "prevents" him from releasing new updates, you'll start questioning his words. Part of what Bon told was true but most stuff was made up to give himself an excuse to take long breaks consistently without losing much of his monthly income IMO.

PaulGaul

Aug 9, 2017
I wish Patreon would just force full-time devs to release new content every 3 months or so, by simply freezing money in place and giving it to them after they release a new update/content, excluding force major situations, which don't allow the dev to work on the project/game, that can be proven with something more than dev's words, like in the case of Bon.
I completely agree here that BoN constant explanations are a joke and as someone pointed above it seems that he is just completely burned out and hate working on that game.

However this doesn't change a fact that this is a Patreon. No one forces you to throw money at contect creator. Every patreon does it because he/she likes creator works. You don't like it anymore? Freeze your support. Forcing creators to provide anything in any time frame has no sense here. You are not buying any service/product, you support creator you like with no promises what you will get in return.

Reactions: Mksmith

Inspired8

Jul 5, 2018
I completely agree here that BoN constant explanations are a joke and as someone pointed above it seems that he is just completely burned out and hate working on that game.

However this doesn't change a fact that this is a Patreon. No one forces you to throw money at contect creator. Every patreon does it because he/she likes creator works. You don't like it anymore? Freeze your support. Forcing creators to provide anything in any time frame has no sense here. You are not buying any service/product, you support creator you like with no promises what you will get in return.
That's the thing, I refuse to support him financially on Patreon, even though I can do that easily, who would ever want to waste 30+$ down the drain in hopes of seeing a single update, which may or may not even be decent/released at all, after 6+ months when you can buy a AAA game or several AAA games with discounts? Selling points of Bon were always art/characters and the amount of content all of which negated/mitigated the number of bugs the game had/has and he also used to release updates every 1-2 months before the revamp, nowadays though, all that's left is the art and the amount of content, updates are half-assed, at best, and have been released once every 3 months until this year, the number of bugs only increases with each new update and issues just keep piling on without ever being addressed by Bon himself and constant "excuses"/far-fetched explanations for delays etc only make things worse. Nobody is forcing anyone, it's just astounding, that the guy can make 4+$ grand a month for doing nothing when he's a full-time dev whose livelihood is fully funded by Patreon, if it was a side hustle/passion project then yeah nobody would care if it took him even a year to release an update when the guy has a job. Bon ditched the "tight" schedule thing a year ago, yet the delays are still here when he himself puts out the timeframe which only shows that he wants to milk the project as much as possible, especially when you notice the trend of his to either delay the update till the end of the month or him choosing the release date to be at the end of the month and then splitting the update into 2 parts. The bottom line is that his "excuses/explanations" for delays can't be taken seriously nowadays and he's just milking the project as much as possible before he either somehow finishes it, ditches it, or takes an indefinite hiatus from it.

3.00 star(s) 138 Votes