UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

The My New Life REVAMP
I've been reading through your comments on the recently-released revamp, and I've noticed that the vast majority of you have had the same doubts and/or issues with the same aspects of the game. I'd like to try and clear up some of these doubts, if I may.
IS THE GAME LINEAR?
Yes and no.
Allow me to explain. The other game was a series of quests and adventures you needed to complete in order to move further on and advance in the game. At times, these aforementioned quests intertwined, and basically caused a good ol' clusterfuck. What I want to do with the game now is make a clearly-evolving story, one that makes better sense. There are two independant (but parallel) storylines. On the one hand you've got the Family storyline, which will progress as you meet more family members. The second storyline, on the other hand, is the school storyline. With Rachel in tow, you'll meet your classmates and teachers, and you'll complete missions and quests there to work on your relationship with them. Having completed quests at school with them, you'll be able to unlock that character outside of school, opening them up to interactions and storylines off of school property. This is my main objective so as to ensure an improved and more logical flow to the story.
I AIN'T GOT NO DAMN MONEY!
Yeah...... I know. I didn't have time to implement the monetary system. Really, really sorry! Fear not! It should be done for the next expansion.
THIS CITY IS FUCKING HUGE! A MAP! GIMME A FRIGGEN MAP!
I'm working on it. I am. I promise. Cross my heart.
I NEED MORE GAMEPLAY CONTENT!
I knowwwwww you do! I fucked up. Bigtime. I promise, ever so solemnly, that I put my entire heart and soul into this revamp. Seriously. I swear I did. I'm gonna get you more!
Cheers!
I love y'all!

Henture

Oct 6, 2018

The My New Life REVAMP
I've been reading through your comments on the recently-released revamp, and I've noticed that the vast majority of you have had the same doubts and/or issues with the same aspects of the game. I'd like to try and clear up some of these doubts, if I may.
IS THE GAME LINEAR?
Yes and no.
Allow me to explain. The other game was a series of quests and adventures you needed to complete in order to move further on and advance in the game. At times, these aforementioned quests intertwined, and basically caused a good ol' clusterfuck. What I want to do with the game now is make a clearly-evolving story, one that makes better sense. There are two independant (but parallel) storylines. On the one hand you've got the Family storyline, which will progress as you meet more family members. The second storyline, on the other hand, is the school storyline. With Rachel in tow, you'll meet your classmates and teachers, and you'll complete missions and quests there to work on your relationship with them. Having completed quests at school with them, you'll be able to unlock that character outside of school, opening them up to interactions and storylines off of school property. This is my main objective so as to ensure an improved and more logical flow to the story.
Yeah...... I know. I didn't have time to implement the monetary system. Really, really sorry! Fear not! It should be done for the next expansion.
I knowwwwww you do! I fucked up. Bigtime. I promise, ever so solemnly, that I put my entire heart and soul into this revamp. Seriously. I swear I did. I'm gonna get you more!
Cheers!
I love y'all!
Good luck Beggar !

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
i'm awake...i didn't had my breakfast only to check how many brain damaged people need help

@UncleVT @JabadaJD i officially quit helping...i wanted to reach my 1000th message by being nice...it seems this people want me to think that they're stupid...sorry they're not stupid...but if someone is playing an rpgm-game(or any AAA-videogame like The Witcher 3 or Assassins'Creed) one of the main requirement for enjoy the game is not a PC-Master Race, with 99gigabyte of CPU/RAM/GPU, but a little bit of curiosity and interest, the desire to explore.

Damn! for the Istitute question the solution is just remembering where the school is in the older versions, the map is the same as the older versions: You live in High Neiborhood, in the older version you lived in the Old Quarter(east from the school)...try to check west from Old Quarter(spoiler alert: we put the map of the game in the OP for a fucking reason!Be sure that people will not ask that question again!) <-- this is what i was thinking when i was playing

What's Marie's laptop-password? UUUh what a nice animation of her pushing buttons, it may means something? UUUh she just pushed 1-9-3-5 it may be the password, let's try! Uh i guessed right!

In the lab there is a calendar and a blackboard with a clue: the number signed inside a blue circle is the first(1), the red number (9)is circled twice(9) goes for second, and the yellow circled-number(8) is the last one....1-9-9-8! *Hacking style like in the 80s* come on baby show me what you got! aaaand I'M IN!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, you lasted longer than most people would so (y).
Helping idiots on this site is like trying to block all the individual snow drops in a snow storm
Sure, you will catch every now an then... But around you the rest will gather up until it becomes to much.

I try helping every now and then, but when people ask the same question when the answer is a couple posts above them...Well, let's just say that my Ignore button has been pretty busy the last 48 hours on this thread. : )

The My New Life REVAMP
IS THE GAME LINEAR?
Yes and no.
Cheers!
I love y'all!
So.. in Short.
I am working on everything, don't worry i promise that everything is going to be ok.

Promises from adult game developers..
Think that a Venezuelan Bolivar is worth more than a promise from a adult developer at this stage(Some exceptions of course)

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
This is a skip for now. Maybe it will be polished more in the future, but as it stands now, it is full of more bugs and choppy dialogue than the original. The intro section is absurdly long compared to the old one, and there are two now. The first intro is skippable, there is basically a 4 minute music video as like a "tv-show-esque" intro(skippable), and then a 20 minute, non-skippable intro. The map got shuffled around, so if you played the old one, you have to go onto the creator's Patreon and find the new map. There is also no cheat menu/mod or even a walkthrough for the time being, and the in game dialogue is lacking when it comes to instructions, so I have no idea what to do, if I'm doing the right thing, or if I'm trapped in a bug or not. On the first actual day were you get control of your character, you have to find the school on the other side of the map in 3 minutes. Once I got there, I went to a class and it said "Mrs. Talyor said I should focus on gym." So I go to the gym class, get the gym class CG from the original, and then nothing. No dialogue, I'm outside the school, and I can't figure out what to do next. I wandered the map around and couldn't find anything, and when I went back home, there was no one there anywhere.

To add to this, I don't know the purpose of the revamp, but the renders look different, for some characters this is good, for others they look like a cell-shaded mess. And not every CG is a new render, some are from the old version and some aren't, so the style clash ends up feeling like a low effort fanmade project. This ultimately just feels like a way to extend the development cycle for the game in efforts to accrue more money from those Patreon whales. Lastly, if this is a "revamp" why is it done in RPG Maker again? Eventually the development cycle is just going to get to the same point again and nothing will be different. Why not remake it in Unity, or make it a Ren'py?

I still look forward to what this game eventually becomes because the original version had a good story with good animations. But as it is right now, it is just a confusing mess.
This should be a review...u.u it's kinda well-written to be put in the reviews-section

can i buy the car in this version now i want buy car back
NOPE; It's an alpha demo of a revamp, you should be glad if there is content first

Reactions: Nightphysics

Nightphysics

Jun 11, 2018
So.. in Short.
I am working on everything, don't worry i promise that everything is going to be ok.

Promises from adult game developers..
Think that a Venezuelan Bolivar is worth more than a promise from a adult developer at this stage(Some exceptions of course)
Yeah that is one thing and maybe it's just because we are a bunch of cynics that wejust feel that way. On the other hand at the moment the family questline is unnecessarily linear as it doesn't make sense that you grow closer to Maria by finding packages for Nesrot. So venezualan excuses from madrilenan seems like an apt observation of the situation. I understand BoN's argument but the execution is still incredibly flawed especiallyon the family side. It looked better at school, where for example by helping Brenda you got to be more buddies with Jason and Charles.

Regarding the map and the money system, I'm pretty sure that BoN will deliver on that and make the buyable items in the game finally useful... Or not, who knows?

What really disappointed me is that there was no word regarding the writing and representation of certain characters that were criticized a lot. Mainly Sarah and Amy. So I would be more optimistic regarding the revamp if BoN said anything regarding that.

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

Lachese

Dec 16, 2018
how do it get some money after jet attack scene. After jet attack scene, i can't approach jet's library.

Sheperdxgn

Mar 24, 2018
i'm awake...i didn't had my breakfast only to check how many brain damaged people need help

@UncleVT @JabadaJD i officially quit helping...i wanted to reach my 1000th message by being nice...it seems this people want me to think that they're stupid...sorry they're not stupid...but if someone is playing an rpgm-game(or any AAA-videogame like The Witcher 3 or Assassins'Creed) one of the main requirement for enjoy the game is not a PC-Master Race, with 99gigabyte of CPU/RAM/GPU, but a little bit of curiosity and interest, the desire to explore.

Damn! for the Istitute question the solution is just remembering where the school is in the older versions, the map is the same as the older versions: You live in High Neiborhood, in the older version you lived in the Old Quarter(east from the school)...try to check west from Old Quarter(spoiler alert: we put the map of the game in the OP for a fucking reason!Be sure that people will not ask that question again!) <-- this is what i was thinking when i was playing

What's Marie's laptop-password? UUUh what a nice animation of her pushing buttons, it may means something? UUUh she just pushed 1-9-3-5 it may be the password, let's try! Uh i guessed right!

In the lab there is a calendar and a blackboard with a clue: the number signed inside a blue circle is the first(1), the red number (9)is circled twice(9) goes for second, and the yellow circled-number(8) is the last one....1-9-9-8! *Hacking style like in the 80s* come on baby show me what you got! aaaand I'M IN!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah I honestly gave up at this point I thought that whole PSA I did back in the old thread would nip it in the bud (silly me) but the next page had the same questions I just FUCKING answered a page back so I gave up I commend you for trying longer

My problem is not people asking for help we all need help at one point in time we are only human, no my problem is people asking the same damn braindead questions that their other brethren are asking without searching the thread with the answers that have been posted hundreds of times, I bet if we threw some of these MF in Minecraft we'd still get dumb ass question pertaining on what to do or is there a walkthrough.

Djahid

Oct 14, 2018
how do it get some money after jet attack scene. After jet attack scene, i can't approach jet's library.

Lol Just Wait the new Update

The My New Life REVAMP

IS THE GAME LINEAR?
Yes and no.

Cheers!
I love y'all!

Reactions: wrarar

ichika

Oct 13, 2018
i just wanna ask, is this revamp maria quest same as the older? limited time 1 month quest maria only?? if so then that will be a major problem because its the hardest with limited time for maria affection quest

Shadow Song

Feb 5, 2018
Can someone explain the difference in this revamp? the renders look the same and I assume the story plays out the same as well? is he just using a different system with the same scenes?

Sheperdxgn

Mar 24, 2018
Lol Just Wait the new Update

The My New Life REVAMP

IS THE GAME LINEAR?
Yes and no.

Cheers!
I love y'all!
Dude UncleVT just posted that on the same page there was no need for you to do it too, this is part of the problem people are posting stuff without looking at the tread first and are just clogging it.

Kenuichi

Aug 28, 2017

The My New Life REVAMP
IS THE GAME LINEAR?
Yes and no.
Cheers!
I love y'all!
Just bring back the old sex minigame and sex scenes, is that so hard ?
Seriously though this revamp has a lot of potential I hope BoN doesn't fuck up everything.

Nightphysics

Jun 11, 2018
I just now had a shower thought regarding the criticism some of us had regarding Mike/Intro being a bit dumber than he used to be. While that may be true, I thought about it and now I don't mind it too much as long as one condition is met:

In 2.1 Mike in the end pretty much becomes a total badass:

- he is a YouTV Superstar who probably earns more than PewDiePie
- he has the sneaking skills of Sam Fisher
- he becomes a MMA champion
- he learns to become a crackshot
all the while having a dick that is larger than that of the most well endowed Pornstars.

So in the end we're essentially playing teenage Batman, which therefore is no wonderall the girls want to jump his bones given the fact that he seemed to have actually cared about the well-being of even the most vile and vitriolic girls like Amy, Daisy and Beth. And that is pretty awesome and cool if you think about it.

I don't mind if Mike in the beginning is a bit weird, shy and naive as long as I see over time him becoming this sexgod and badass. But maybe I'm in the minority on that one. But thinking about it, I really liked that development in 2.1

George Halstead

Oct 1, 2017
I have played through all and even did some test time as well. The game has been improved a lot. Less grinding, better graphics and animations and a few more hot girls. So what is there not to like. Awesome job BoN.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I just now had a shower thought regarding the criticism some of us had regarding Mike/Intro being a bit dumber than he used to be. While that may be true, I thought about it and now I don't mind it too much as long as one condition is met:

In 2.1 Mike in the end pretty much becomes a total badass:

- he is a YouTV Superstar who probably earns more than PewDiePie
- he has the sneaking skills of Sam Fisher
- he becomes a MMA champion
- he learns to become a crackshot
all the while having a dick that is larger than that of the most well endowed Pornstars.

So in the end we're essentially playing teenage Batman, which therefore is no wonderall the girls want to jump his bones given the fact that he seemed to have actually cared about the well-being of even the most vile and vitriolic girls like Amy, Daisy and Beth. And that is pretty awesome and cool if you think about it.

I don't mind if Mike in the beginning is a bit weird, shy and naive as long as I see over time him becoming this sexgod and badass. But maybe I'm in the minority on that one. But thinking about it, I really liked that development in 2.1
Also he is nice and kind, i mean Jack throws a girl overboard(on a yatch), the first thing MC/Mike does? Jumps/Dives to save her! and he gets a threesome, while his father (with a sissyboy-sized cock), barely enjoy 5 minutes with one of those girls...

Kenuichi

Aug 28, 2017
Also he is nice and kind, i mean Jack throws a girl overboard(on a yatch), the first thing MC/Mike does? Jumps/Dives to save her! and he gets a threesome, while his father (with a sissyboy-sized cock), barely enjoy 5 minutes with one of those girls...
Now that you mentioned Jack's dick size I remember how quick came when he had sex with Maria, he came like in 2 mins :LOL:

She needs a sex-god like Mike, a bull to be able to satisfy her needs and fuck her like an animal and that's when Mike comes to the rescue :sneaky:

LeRescator

Jan 30, 2018
I ask again for the school quest "find the way you and Rachel ear the meet" when his father is with the director I do not know where to go to look for them.
Thank you for your answers :)

3.00 star(s) 136 Votes