Symphony of the Night

Despair has its own calms
Modder
Donor
May 19, 2017
Nothing change....
That's strange, something should have changed, or at least went crazy since you messed with variables. You sure you put the edited save in the game save folder, instead of keeping the original? And did you check if the Book of Faces updated the quest stages? Also, are you using the normal or compressed version? I was messaging with someone and it seems stuff went nuts when he tried to do as I said with his saves from the compressed but I don't know if it was a thing only with him or will happen to anyone using compressed (he sent me his save and things were strange with them before I even touched them). But even if you're using compressed, things should at least have gone crazy, not remained the same :unsure:. You got me intrigued but if you indeed did as I said and nothing changed for better or worse, then I don't know how to help, sorry :cry:
The compress cannot and will not affect your game saves. The Full and compress are exactly the same when it comes down to the game engine data.
The save being corrupt or messed up all have to do with the user.
This is caused either by:
  1. Editing variables/switches themselves - save editing can mess up a game, it all depends on the reliability/accuracy of the editor and the knowledge of the user.
  2. Using old saves - sometimes the game needs a "new game start" when important engine/plugin/dev change updates.
  3. Using outdated mods - many use the outdated mods, so they must love the problems they get now :ROFLMAO::whistle:

Last edited:

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
I'm to the point I have to choose a mafia but I have a question about the Maria/Sarah/Amy/Laura timeline,
I'm to the point of were Hellen has just been introduced and Laura works for Ling.
I've made a couple of save points before being picked up my Tyna so I can continue each ones time line but I am wondering if which mafia I choose affects the time lines of Maria/Sarah/Amy/Laura?

Jieigh

May 26, 2020
The compress cannot and will not affect your game saves. The Full and compress are exactly the same when it comes down to the game engine data.
The save being corrupt or messed up all have to do with the user.
This is caused either by:
  1. Editing variables/switches themselves - save editing can mess up a game, it all depends on the reliability/accuracy of the editor and the knowledge of the user.
  2. Using old saves - sometimes the game needs a "new game start" when important engine/plugin/dev change updates.
  3. Using outdated mods - many use the outdated mods, so they must love the problems they get now :ROFLMAO::whistle:
Uhm I see, thanks for the input SoTN! Love your mods, btw! Tough I know better than using outdated versions ;). Well, then I guess the person messaging me was using outdated mods or changed variables which are alien to me. But I still don't know how Kingdomxz doing what I said changed nothing on his game, the intructions I gave are literally advancing quests trough variables :unsure:...

Last edited:

Jieigh

May 26, 2020
I'm to the point I have to choose a mafia but I have a question about the Maria/Sarah/Amy/Laura timeline,
I'm to the point of were Hellen has just been introduced and Laura works for Ling.
I've made a couple of save points before being picked up my Tyna so I can continue each ones time line but I am wondering if which mafia I choose affects the time lines of Maria/Sarah/Amy/Laura?
As far as 0.83 alpha, the mafia choice makes no difference for the house girls. I can't guarantee but I think I've read somewhere in the thread (don't ask to find the post) that Beggar said the mafia's quests would be standalone up to the end, or at least that they wouldn't by any means affect the house girls

Reactions: Lord Ashram

moronicLaconic

Jul 28, 2017
I used the unarchiver and tried what you suggested. Didn't work. I still can't save my progress ( i try to save at the first h-scene) I think I'm giving up on this xD
I'm not entirely sure why it's not allowing you to write, but I think I ran into this problem once before. I can't quite remember how I fixed it.

It may have something to do with where you're launching the app from. Is it still in your downloads? If so try moving the game app package to your desktop, or to the applications folder, and see if it'll allow you to save once you launch it from within there.

sucukmetei

Apr 30, 2018
I'm not entirely sure why it's not allowing you to write, but I think I ran into this problem once before. I can't quite remember how I fixed it.

It may have something to do with where you're launching the app from. Is it still in your downloads? If so try moving the game app package to your desktop, or to the applications folder, and see if it'll allow you to save once you launch it from within there.
It was in my download folder. Moved it to app folder and sadly no result. Moved it to desktop also no result. Thanks for your advice tho. i appreaciate it.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Jieigh
Were you able to complete Maria past just meeting Hellen before the Mafia choice?
From you previous post with you save files it seems as if you were able to get much further with the house family that I was by the time it came to the Mafia choice.

Nov 14, 2018
It should not do that, but the original game language is spanish and sometimes it switches back from english for a couple phrases. Those are the 2 only languages in the game. During Dragunov's quests you'll see some russian stuff but that is indeed supposed to be like that

I don't know, however...

I don't think this is the case. When you get to the new house you have a scene in which you can jack off with ther ass cheeks. If incest was "no go", I think that would already have been too much, and there are also already clear indications that Lucy wants something with the main character, she is fighting against it but she does. Additionally, I'm not 100% sure of what I'll say now, I played a bit of the original but only started doing anything other than playing (like reading the thread and waiting for updates) when the game was already in the revamp, but I THINK the old version was abandoned because it was far too complex (Amy's quest was literally deadlined, if you didn't advance enough in the family quests to get to her part before a certain day count, you were doomed to not get her) and full of bugs that were left unattended on early versions and screwed stuff later. I may very well be wrong on this one, in which case I apologize for the confusion. 2nd additionally, I don't know if Sarah is your sister and Lucy is your mother without the incest patch (I've used it from the very beginning of my gameplay). If they only become your biological relatives with the patch, then the author has nothing to do with it since he didn't release the patch, as far as he is concerned they are just 2 women in your life that you can bang (if they are you relatives without the patch, well, as I said there is already the ass jack off).

the first you get from the newspapper stand in new neighborhood south. The second you need to progress in some questline to get, school's I think, or talk to someone at school during the recess (if this is the way, 90% it is Marckus)

That's strange, something should have changed, or at least went crazy since you messed with variables. You sure you put the edited save in the game save folder, instead of keeping the original? And did you check if the Book of Faces updated the quest stages? Also, are you using the normal or compressed version? I was messaging with someone and it seems stuff went nuts when he tried to do as I said with his saves from the compressed but I don't know if it was a thing only with him or will happen to anyone using compressed (he sent me his save and things were strange with them before I even touched them). But even if you're using compressed, things should at least have gone crazy, not remained the same :unsure:. You got me intrigued but if you indeed did as I said and nothing changed for better or worse, then I don't know how to help, sorry :cry:

After you finish Morgan's quest the book of faces will be stuck at this instruction, if you can bang Sharon (his mother) at night, then his quest is done. If you are worried about his quest because of the director, this https://f95zone.to/threads/my-new-life-revamp-v-0-83-alpha-version-beggar-of-net.30576/post-5055097 should help, just make sure you've already started Dr. Ferdinand experiments before doing this

The nightstand on the right of her bed, during the morning ofc.
when i click on the nightstand nothing happens, am i talking to maria right? i see her watching a movie and watch the romantic title then in the morning i click on the nightstand and nothing happens. any fix?

Jieigh

May 26, 2020
Jieigh
Were you able to complete Maria past just meeting Hellen before the Mafia choice?
From you previous post with you save files it seems as if you were able to get much further with the house family that I was by the time it came to the Mafia choice.
Well... I'm not entirely sure of what are you talking about because I made the mafia choice thing months ago, and I don't remember details of that part because what follows is the most story dense part of the game so far. But after reading your post a couple times, I think I get your confusion. There is no way, because you aren't meant to, and so you shouldn't be trying, to hold back mafia's choise to progress with the house girls. After you make the mafia choice, some more things will follow and you'll go to a new house, all yours. All the house girls will move in with you, while your father will be gone (not dead but he doesn't show up anymore in the story). It's in the new house that you get the good stuff with the house girls. So you need to make the mafia choice before you proceed with the house girls. Actually, before you go to the new house, any progress you make with the house girls is part of the main questline, and so is the mafia choice, that means there's noway for you to do they in the wrong order. And since you saw my saves post, you can go ahead with your choices and, if you regret them, use one of my saves, since I have them for all mafias.

when i click on the nightstand nothing happens, am i talking to maria right? i see her watching a movie and watch the romantic title then in the morning i click on the nightstand and nothing happens. any fix?
Ok I'm not sure of where you are in the quest. You should not be watching a movie with her, you should be talking to her in her room. You need to follow this sequence:
  1. You wake up in that morning that Marckus advices you to get information about Amy's dad from Maria
  2. At night, go to Maria's room to talk to her. I think she goes to her room at 00:00, not sure if the quest changes it.
    *Try being in her room at 21:00 and spend time hour by hour, just in case
  3. She will be pissed at you (you'll remember this, it's her longest dialogue inside the new house so far)
  4. Go to sleep in your room (yes, you need to sleep for the quest to proceed)
  5. Wake up, go straight to Maria's room. Search in the nightstand.
Avoid spending days or triggering Maria-related events between each quest stage, logically it shouldn't make a difference but the version is alpha and coding can be funny. By that I mean: don't watch a movie with her, this is a seemingly random event that can potentially be available any day, it's not quest-related. For the quest, you must talk to her in her room

Last edited:
Reactions: Lord Ashram

kaitaker55

Aug 6, 2017
Play all game again and meet a bug when MC go home change cloth and go to kitchen and a maid appear go to kitchen when MC sleep on sofa and hear bell front door, can't go upstairs to change cloth just stuck, can't go upstairs please help me

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Jieigh
Thanks man, I was trying to see if I needed to replay it again too soon if I some how missed a something or a trigger (I am working a bit on a strategy guide for this game and taking notes as I play).
I am working the Nesrot/Hornets right now and am at the part where I keep getting killed by Jack in trippy dream like state.

3.00 star(s) 136 Votes