ballzak

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I screwed up and did not finish Maria's quest before day 45. Is there a way to fix my save so I can finish it so I don't have to start the whole damn game over again?

I noticed 2 posts with advice but I did not quit follow (could not figure it out) them...

As I mentioned when I wrote this, it is not a fix for beginners of hacking saves. If you're not familiar with hacking RPGMaker saves then I would ask someone on this forum to provide you with a save before the Maria mission.

If you want to do it here is what you do. Open up the save editor mentioned in the previous post :

Once in there choose your save file and then check the button for decode. Make sure you leave unchecked the box under it that says "text edit". See screenshot below.
upload_2017-11-27_0-4-17.png

Now click submit and a new page will open which will ask if you want to download the file as text or go to the text editor. Download it as text. Once you have the text file open it up in your favorite text editor. It will be a large file with a lot of information that you can get lost in if you are inexperienced with hacking saves. You are looking for the section that contains switches. Use CTRL+F to do a find in the text editor and look for the term "switches". You should be taken to a section that looks like this:

"switches":{"_data":[null,
null,
false,
false,
true,

What you will notice is none of the switches are labeled. The switches object has an object within it called "_data". This data object holds an array value which is all of the switches in your save. The switch numbers that are used by the game and you see mentioned on this forum and in the unofficial walkthrough are really the array index location. Java arrays start at index zero so on the first line where you see "switches":{"_data":[null, the null is the first index value switch zero. Each line after that is the next index. In the example above switch 1 is null, switch 2 is false, switch 3 is false, and switch 4 is true. There are a total of 2000 switches available so finding what you want can be tricky.

If you have a text editor that supports line numbers it's probably best you use that editor. You can start with the line number that you see at the top of this example and then add the switch umber you want to that value. So if the line "switches":{"_data":[null, was on line number 700 of your text file and you want to change switch 20 then add 20 to 700 and change the value on line number 720.

In this case what you need to do is change the value of switch number 500 to false.

Now you can follow this same set of steps to change variables too. After you change the switch you want to change the days passed in the game to something a few days before 45 so you have time to do the Maria mission. I would set it at 40 to be safe. Once again just use CTRL+F to find the keyword "variables". You will see it is laid out exactly the same as switches and you can follow all the advice above to make the change.

The variable you need to change is variable #3. Set it to 40 or something near there.

Once you have made these two changes save the text file. Go back to the web page for save editing and browse to your text file. Now on the main page you want to check the radio box that says encode to convert this text file back into an RPGMaker save file. Once you hit submit once again a new page will appear where you can download the newly created save file. Download the file drop it into your save location and you should be good to go.
If you can't follow this, then I highly recommend you ask someone for a save prior to doing the Maria mission or start over.

Edit: Updating the end of this for completeness. After you have made your changes and then completed the Maria mission you can then go back and edit your save file to day 45 (or back to the day you started at before the first change) and then you must turn Switch number 500 back to true. It will not get reset back to true on it's own after you missed the initial window. After you go to sleep Dad will come home.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dragn

Dragn

Jun 11, 2017
That I follow thanks! I was using Excel and pasting all the lines after "switches":{"_data":. I was using the "," to designate the next row to find switch 500. problems I had was not knowing that the first null was line 0 and what to change value on line 500 to. Thanks for the info and the detailed description.

U

User_215882

A simple tip for anyone starting a new game. Always do Rachels, Sarahs, and Maria story first. You need Rachels to start Jets and boost your stats. You need Sarah for Nesrot. Maria is the easiest to do and must be done asap yo avoid Dad bug. To avoid a hellish grind use the ingame cheats. As for the animation error I think BoN said something about playing it windowed bit fullscreen. Final tip and most important is to save often. So far I havent experiencied a crash yet on this version but I expect them to happen.

Dragn

Jun 11, 2017
hmmm... It is now after 45 days now and I finished Maria mission prior to that and the dad does not seem to be showing up....

Edit: The switch did not set to true after 45 days. Going to try setting it as a test and see what happens

Edit Edit: Yup that did it

Last edited:

reedi38

Nov 27, 2017
i'm having an issue with the jet mission in annie's house. i grabbed the jewels and put them in the clothes, the guide says to 'enjoy the whole scene but nothing is happening, and i can't interact with anything in the room so im stuck

Nick00

Oct 15, 2017
i tried to to click lots of photo but cant find which one is the photo which i need to click

osa

Nov 24, 2017
Anyone knows song that plays in shooting place in chinatown? Rap song in case there are more than this one.

U

User_215882

i'm having an issue with the jet mission in annie's house. i grabbed the jewels and put them in the clothes, the guide says to 'enjoy the whole scene but nothing is happening, and i can't interact with anything in the room so im stuck
reload the game. happened to me.

Mistress_Kixen

Engaged Member
Jun 12, 2017
You had to go towards the trainer's shower first. If you did it otherwise you will need to reload the game, and if you saved the game after doing this your save is now unplayable. So make sure you don't save before doing this.

ballzak

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
hmmm... It is now after 45 days now and I finished Maria mission prior to that and the dad does not seem to be showing up....

Edit: The switch did not set to true after 45 days. Going to try setting it as a test and see what happens

Edit Edit: Yup that did it
Good Catch. I didn't see that the event handler that turns on switch 500 shuts itself off after the value is initially set. So as you have seen it won't get set again on Day 45. You will have to manually update the value yourself.

I guess in theory what this means is that you don't actually ever need to change the days passed since you can shut the switch off, do Maria's mission then manually turn it back on again.

JetZ

Jan 16, 2017
anyone knows if there is a different scene with jet (when we visit her house at night) if we somehow max the relationship with her after we finish all of her missions?

3.80 star(s) 63 Votes