jsf.1998

Dec 10, 2017
Anyone know a game have same similiar render with (My new life) , i see in this site but i forgot the title, and i just remember the developer have same issue with patreon he cant countinue the game, pls anyone know
maybe this is the game you're talking about champion

Arnië*I*

Jun 21, 2017
It is just me or this guy work pretty fast, I am used to the long times of waiting updates but the Beggar guy must have some vietnamese illegal workers or something, one month without checking his post and two new updates

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
It is just me or this guy work pretty fast, I am used to the long times of waiting updates but the Beggar guy must have some vietnamese illegal workers or something, one month without checking his post and two new updates
He's Spanish, so he's using legitimate indentured Catalonian rebel prisoners for most of the grunt-work. :eek:penedeyewink:

Yeah; for all the whining on this forum, he does manage regular monthly updates that include actual content and not just poke-and-prod patches.

Reactions: Arnië*I*

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
Hey guys i can't find marie williams, where i should looking for her? Where is this bar or something?
(from the link on the OP, not the one included with the game):
  • Appendix A: Side Quests for hidden scenes
    • Jobs
      • MARTINIA PRESS
        1. Enter Martinia press in Commercial Neighborhood after you sign up for the job.
        c. Walk to the room on the right and speak with your Aunt Maggie to get a camera
        d. Speak with Aunt Maggie a second time to find information about where to find Marie

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
What is this name of Shasha? Was this a real name or was the author mistake? In Eastern Europe, say - Sasha.
Actually, "Sasha" is a western mispronunciation of the name where the closest spelling to match the non-English phoneme at the start (which is not a full "sh" but also not an 'S') is "Shasha". In English verbal cadence, the use of a pure 'S' sound is more comfortable so it has become the norm.

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
So I'm on Daisy's questline right now, and going to do that "Visit your mafia and talk to Jaqueline, Svetlana, Sayuki or Bliss depending on which mafia you belong to." thing.

I'm with Warren, already done that tournament thing, which means talking to Bliss, but she doesn't trigger quest dialogue and keeps telling me "Job is for the next update", so I'm stuck in the loop of getting sucker-punched by Christian every afternoon...

Please help !
Well spotted! :closedeyesmile:

@Firebane: This would appear to be a bug with the Warren hideout Bliss event that prevents her from responding to the Daisy Stepdad part of the Daisy quest because that event thinks you need to be a member of Nina's gang and not Warren's.

Map 259 "Warren Hideout Main Hall", event 18 "EV018" (Bliss behind the desk), page 2: The conditions switch should be 1204 "Mienbro Mafia Warren" but is actually 1203 "Mienbro Mafia Nina". All the other equivalent gang events are correct.

Arnië*I*

Jun 21, 2017
Actually, "Sasha" is a western mispronunciation of the name where the closest spelling to match the non-English phoneme at the start (which is not a full "sh" but also not an 'S') is "Shasha". In English verbal cadence, the use of a pure 'S' sound is more comfortable so it has become the norm.
And here I though that Sasha is a diminutive for the russian name Aleksei (I met plenty of these Sasha's in my day) like Bob for Robert, is like the finesse Name Mika that in the western culture (United Stated only) is used for men and in the country that originated it's a femenine name

Firebane

Modder
Feb 3, 2017
Thanks, @DuDraig. Feel free to just message me anything like this you find and I'll try to get it fixed and small patch files uploaded as I get time.

enkephalin07

Dec 13, 2017
Daisy gets a bit of character sympathy after learning about the sexual abuse she's been suffering, but if you replay from the beginning you have to wonder whether she's really changed from the ruthless manipulator and sadistic emotional terrorist she was. I think her side of the story was honest but of course lacks the details of exactly how she led her stepfather on, what line she crossed and how she crossed it. I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt, but 'forgive, never forget'.

Now if I consider the home life that must have made Christian into the asshole he is, I can sympathize with him a bit, too. I bet he carries a bitter enough grudge against his old man and grandpa to want to help take them down. It's not that unlikely a friendship; clash with someone long enough you can develop mutual respect and then acceptance. And if Nesrot and Warren don't bring their feud to some conclusion, good or bad, then big players like the Chinese and Russians can take advantage of their conflict to roll all over them.

chunkas

Jan 29, 2018
And here I though that Sasha is a diminutive for the russian name Aleksei (I met plenty of these Sasha's in my day) like Bob for Robert, is like the finesse Name Mika that in the western culture (United Stated only) is used for men and in the country that originated it's a femenine name
Diminutive for the russian names:
Aleksei (full name only for guys) - Lesha (diminutive name). Not women's with names Aleksei in Russia;
In this game:
Sasha - Aleksandra (full name only for girls) and Aleksander (full english name for guys)
Sveta (diminutive name) - Svetlana (full name only for girls)
On the other hand:
Nina (full name only for girls) - Ninochka (diminutive name)

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
We were talking pronunciation and not etymology; two vastly different things.

Sasha is the English form of Саша (formally pronounced [ˈsaʂə]). This is a "pet" name for Алекса́ндра (in English: Alexandra, for which Aleksei is both a short and a base form). Note this is the pet form and not a short form like Sandra (more common in English). While the formal Russian pronunciation of Саша/Sasha uses a hard initial 's', dialect (especially since it is a pet form that carries an implication of cuteness) softens the initial 's' to something close to but not actually a 'sh'. This does not exist in formal English phonemes, so the English equivalent is Shasha, but that is clumsy to pronounce in American dialects so it becomes Sasha. Russia is huge, like the USA, and has many regional variants of the form and pronunciation of Alek- based names (being as common as Robert in English). I have come across Shasha as a common spelled and pronounced name in many southern and south-western Asian and Middle-Eastern countries. For me: India, Israel, and Egypt.

chunkas

Jan 29, 2018
It is rather strange that initially in the gang of Nesrot there were girls with Russian names, such as Olenka or Sasha. Maybe BON would be worth turning the plot toward war of gangs - the work of double agents. The story of Nesrot's poisoning forever:cool:

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
It is rather strange that initially in the gang of Nesrot there were girls with Russian names, such as Olenka or Sasha. Maybe BON would be worth turning the plot toward war of gangs - the work of double agents. The story of Nesrot's poisoning forever:cool:
I actually thought that made sense since the Hornets (Nesrot's gang) are street people who are gathered from all quarters of the city. So you'd have people with all sorts of names and even some estranged former members of the other gangs. Warren's gang is in-your-face power Mafia, Chang is all about business, and Nina's gang of Russians are too new, so it would be Nesrot's gang that has the resources and skills to infiltrate other gangs with double agents.

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
I have a problem for mss taylor event, why can not I talk and start the event with him again in v1.5?
You are not describing enough to fully understand your problem. If you are using a previous save with v1.5 and the Ronald quest with Mrs. Taylor is already done, then you can not do it again since it is a one-time quest. You'd have to start the game over. If you are starting v1.5 new, then that quest runs just like it did before since nothing in it has changed.

Lizarda

Oct 21, 2017
You are not describing enough to fully understand your problem. If you are using a previous save with v1.5 and the Ronald quest with Mrs. Taylor is already done, then you can not do it again since it is a one-time quest. You'd have to start the game over. If you are starting v1.5 new, then that quest runs just like it did before since nothing in it has changed.
I have not finished all the events, I just got to HJ

3.80 star(s) 63 Votes