4.50 star(s) 154 Votes

Maethir

Jul 28, 2018
I'd (as a native English speaker) pronounce Lena as LAY-nah and Lina as LEE-nah (though an argument could be made for leh-nah for Lena).
I am a native english speaker as well but gotta admit i was totally thnking of Lena and Lina being pronounced as LEE-nah. But what said makes perfect since and made me realize i have been pronouncing her name wrong in my head lol.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017

The way the two words are being distinguished by trans individuals today, Morgan would be a transgender individual. Transexual would be one who has had all the surgery (much like the trans character in Kathoey). Morgan has been undergoing hormone replacement therapy, but no surgery as of yet.
It should be noted that transsexual is an older term that's not typically used by the trans community so much these days - in part because brings connotations of medical diagnoses that previously implied unfit mental health conditions for trans folk. If someone chooses to use that term for themself, that's really up to them - but, transgender and trans are now more often applied in a general sense. Transsexual also does not imply gender reassignment surgery (to any extent) has taken place, similar to the lack of implication when using transgender or trans terms.

So, relative to the game, using this term might imply that's the personal choice of the characters and/or that the Dev simply feels it fits best for their situation + perspectives on themselves.

Reactions: Killer7

toccata

Nov 24, 2020
Defintiely! Medical personnel need to know such things before taking x-ray or MRI imaging.
You are overlooking something essential ....
As far as I have understood here ...
MC does not use condoms with Anna -> Lena is pregnant
MC does not use condoms with Sabrina -> Anna is pregnant.
And not before.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
I would have been tempted to have them twist their bodies around, but I expect it would be very difficult to have it look natural. Did they actually turn their chairs or turn in their chairs? I don't remember. But yes, I noticed the abrupt position change.
In the prologue they fairly consistently turned in the chair which looked natural enough and would be the intuitive thing to do given the type of chair used. Some of the later scenes just rotate the whole character-chair assembly.

Reactions: Dragon59

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
I am a native english speaker as well but gotta admit i was totally thinking of Lena and Lina being pronounced as LEE-nah. But what said makes perfect since and made me realize i have been pronouncing her name wrong in my head lol.
I'd argue as a native English speaker you'd have been right - standard English rules are that a vowel followed by a consonant and then another vowel tend to be long. So Lena should have a long "e" sound, which sounds like "eee". So it would be LEE-nah.

That being said, for whatever reason, for most of my English speaking life whenever I've seen the name Lena (I've seen it a few times prior to this game, but always written, never spoken), I'd always mentally pronounce it Leh-nah for some reason. Like to rhyme with the name Jenna or the word henna.

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
I guess the easiest way is to listen to the soundfiles thorin send and to keep in mind that they are German names. Same goes for Anna, though you can say her name in both ways, I guess. Sadly, I can't find an example for Anna :/. But I guess it doesn't matter that much, as long as you can seperate them in your head ( Lena = Crazy half German half Japanese lady , Lina = Cute ginger ) :D

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Defintiely! Medical personnel need to know such things before taking x-ray or MRI imaging.
You know that a pregnancy can only be confirmed before a certain stage with a dedicated test, right?
I'm talking about ultrasound of the womb and not a general blood test. And that is not standard practice in a hospital for female car accident victims.
Meaning if she is on roughly her first month of pregnancy general tests in a clinic may show that something is not as it should but then again she is in a coma due to a heavy car accident.
Should? Yes.
Could? Depends, most likely No.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
I guess the easiest way is to listen to the soundfiles thorin send and to keep in mind that they are German names. Same goes for Anna, though you can say her name in both ways, I guess. Sadly, I can't find an example for Anna :/. But I guess it doesn't matter that much, as long as you can seperate them in your head ( Lena = Crazy half German half Japanese lady , Lina = Cute ginger ) :D
Honestly, to my non-German ear, the two sound files sounded nearly identical, except the second (Lina) emphasized the "ee" sound a little more. I hope you will forgive me for (in my head) pronouncing them incorrectly, 'cause it makes my life easier. ;)

Gorm13

Aug 19, 2017
Does John's old employer have two gay sons or did some names get changed midway through?
Because at the hotel bar Sabrina mentions David Steinberg and his husband Jeremy and later John meets Jeff Steinberg and his husband Martin.

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
You know that a pregnancy can only be confirmed before a certain stage with a dedicated test, right?
I'm talking about ultrasound of the womb and not a general blood test. And that is not standard practice in a hospital for female car accident victims.
Meaning if she is on roughly her first month of pregnancy general tests in a clinic may show that something is not as it should but then again she is in a coma due to a heavy car accident.
Should? Yes.
Could? Depends, most likely No.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
Sometimes the most obvious things, especially the ones that are right in front of your eyes, are the hardest to see. At least that is the case for me :D
oh sure but still :p the memories layed it on pretty thick so at the very minimum i personally would think that it would have at least crossed the mc's mind once or twice XD but yeah still good story.

Reactions: Killer7

toccata

Nov 24, 2020
Honestly, to my non-German ear, the two sound files sounded nearly identical, except the second (Lina) emphasized the "ee" sound a little more. I hope you will forgive me for (in my head) pronouncing them incorrectly, 'cause it makes my life easier. ;)
Please listen to this:

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Please listen to this:
That's Lena and Anna, I was talking about Lena and Lina. Someone put audio files of those two, and Lina sounded like Lena to me, but with more emphasis on the "ee" sound.

toccata

Nov 24, 2020
That's Lena and Anna, I was talking about Lena and Lina. Someone put audio files of those two, and Lina sounded like Lena to me, but with more emphasis on the "ee" sound.
Yes you are right
there is no difference in english

cuteelf

Jul 30, 2018
Trying to load a save from 0.1

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "R:\Games\MyNewMemories-0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "R:\Games\MyNewMemories-0.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "R:\Games\MyNewMemories-0.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "R:\Games\MyNewMemories-0.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "R:\Games\MyNewMemories-0.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "R:\Games\MyNewMemories-0.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "R:\Games\MyNewMemories-0.2-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "R:\Games\MyNewMemories-0.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
File "R:\Games\MyNewMemories-0.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "R:\Games\MyNewMemories-0.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "R:\Games\MyNewMemories-0.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
File "R:\Games\MyNewMemories-0.2-pc\renpy\display\viewport.py", line 306, in event
rv = super(Viewport, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
File "R:\Games\MyNewMemories-0.2-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "R:\Games\MyNewMemories-0.2-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "R:\Games\MyNewMemories-0.2-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
File "R:\Games\MyNewMemories-0.2-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 770, in load
log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
File "R:\Games\MyNewMemories-0.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in unfreeze
self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
File "R:\Games\MyNewMemories-0.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1815, in rollback
self.load_failed()
File "R:\Games\MyNewMemories-0.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1733, in load_failed
raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Dragon1982

Sep 7, 2019
Sometimes the most obvious things, especially the ones that are right in front of your eyes, are the hardest to see. At least that is the case for me :D
Often it would be that way for me too, but mainly because I have Asperger's Syndrome.

4.50 star(s) 154 Votes