BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
They are definitely Honey Select models, and I'm seconding this request. Goth May especially.
I have chosen to leave May as she's at first, with no breast growth or anything like that (something I have done every time I am given the option). I can't say if I like the goth May because I haven't seen her. In any case, I have doubts that I may prefer her to the one I have chosen.

The justification for MC to convert people he knows is just him being horny for people he knows. Like, that's enough. And the conquest can easily happen off-screen if it is established as the end-goal, which is why just not mentioning it in the beginning or the ending removes the issue outright.
You may be right, but I don't think many people have considered what you put forward. Anyway, I don't think it's necessary to continue discussing this aspect of the game, the only thing we can do at this point is to expose the same thing over and over again.

Murakami2099

Aug 27, 2018
I have said it before and I will again:
  1. Use the characters we already have. There are at least 5 in the game with whom nothing has been done for a while as new characters are added instead (gym people, other store clerk, Heather, Megan's house have all just been standing around for quite some time).
  2. Please work with the characters we have, instead of endlessly adding more and more with little story for each. Fewer better characters are preferable to many barely extant ones. Basically nothing has happened with the main family or Abby's family for a while, while many other groups seem to have been 'finished' and are waiting for new things to happen. Subplots are one thing but there doesn't appear to be a main plot right now. If you want to have lots of people you can have the player develop some slightly different powers so he can fuck and transform people without needing a huge story to each one, as you did a little in the mall girl.
  3. Include more transformations, both in controlling initial transformations and in being able to effect transformations later. The actual occurrence of transformation is hot but far too limited, in that it's over once you have 'completed' a girl. Having more to the transformation aspects would be great.
  4. There is an external overarching story hinted at (ie the demons and the church), but no sign of it has been seen for a while as we keep just getting more places to go.
  5. Also having the character's powers grow and mess with the town would be great too to move things along.
  6. An entire town with only 3 men in it is too much. Please add more guys, or give some reasoning (ie guys being turned into girls). It's just too beyond belief that we have seen only 2 other men in the entire time this has been going on, even in public places like the store, on the street, and the mall. They don't have to be involed in the sex if you don't want them to be (though I would personally love to see the town go to free use. and/or I have no issue with the girls fucking around too to be fair), just some level of acknowledgement of their existence to make things a bit more belivable.
BTW Megan's house thinks it is Kate's home.

Jin56

Sep 1, 2018
I have said it before and I will again:
  1. Use the characters we already have. There are at least 5 in the game with whom nothing has been done for a while as new characters are added instead (gym people, other store clerk, Heather, Megan's house have all just been standing around for quite some time).
  2. Please work with the characters we have, instead of endlessly adding more and more with little story for each. Fewer better characters are preferable to many barely extant ones. Basically nothing has happened with the main family or Abby's family for a while, while many other groups seem to have been 'finished' and are waiting for new things to happen. Subplots are one thing but there doesn't appear to be a main plot right now. If you want to have lots of people you can have the player develop some slightly different powers so he can fuck and transform people without needing a huge story to each one, as you did a little in the mall girl.
  3. Include more transformations, both in controlling initial transformations and in being able to effect transformations later. The actual occurrence of transformation is hot but far too limited, in that it's over once you have 'completed' a girl. Having more to the transformation aspects would be great.
  4. There is an external overarching story hinted at (ie the demons and the church), but no sign of it has been seen for a while as we keep just getting more places to go.
  5. Also having the character's powers grow and mess with the town would be great too to move things along.
  6. An entire town with only 3 men in it is too much. Please add more guys, or give some reasoning (ie guys being turned into girls). It's just too beyond belief that we have seen only 2 other men in the entire time this has been going on, even in public places like the store, on the street, and the mall. They don't have to be involed in the sex if you don't want them to be (though I would personally love to see the town go to free use. and/or I have no issue with the girls fucking around too to be fair), just some level of acknowledgement of their existence to make things a bit more belivable.
BTW Megan's house thinks it is Kate's home.
To address at least one of those points. The other store clerk is next on the line for the updates since Rmax is following a poll he made a few months ago to decide priorities. After The blue hair clerk the next update is going to be Megan and her mom

Reactions: NorthernGent

ghjghjghj

Dec 10, 2018
It's the eradication of a species by things other than physical destruction. Falls under the definition. It's not only murder. And the moral quandary isn't the physical harm either.
Again, if you are going to bring in the metaphysical "soul" and the like, then give an adequate explanation of why I shouldn't have the preconceived notion of "demons - EVIL". Either make your own mythology or explain very clearly the difference in rules you've written from the general understanding.
Pretty much any meaningful use of the term genocide involves very large amounts of murder. Most definitions you can wrangle up will literally mention terms like "killing" and "extermination." Otherwise you simply get into things like destroying culture or taking it over or whatever. We don't really have a good analog in the real world for what's happening here though.

Like I said, if you want to put a bunch of inherent value in humans being literally and exactly human then, maybe? But I think that's enough of a grey area for most people that in a game like this, it's fine.

The way I see it, if aliens showed up and started converting people to aliens too, I wouldn't really care if they asked everybody for permission first. Even if every single human agreed to be converted, I wouldn't call that an evil thing. Changing every human into a non-human isn't inherently evil in my view.

The only moral problem I have here is the consent aspect. But that remains an equal concern when applied to both an individual or everybody, in the sense that I'm not going to be chill with a murderer simply because they aren't a mass murderer.

As for having to explain why demons aren't evil... again I don't agree. Yeah they are playing with traditional mythos, but come on. This is hardly the first time anybody has done this. Their whole not-actually-cartoonishly-evil approach here is practically a trope at this point. I don't think any kind of super full detailed explanation is required here.

Reactions: theinternetis4

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
Pretty much any meaningful use of the term genocide involves very large amounts of murder. Most definitions you can wrangle up will literally mention terms like "killing" and "extermination." Otherwise you simply get into things like destroying culture or taking it over or whatever. We don't really have a good analog in the real world for what's happening here though.

Like I said, if you want to put a bunch of inherent value in humans being literally and exactly human then, maybe? But I think that's enough of a grey area for most people that in a game like this, it's fine.

The way I see it, if aliens showed up and started converting people to aliens too, I wouldn't really care if they asked everybody for permission first. Even if every single human agreed to be converted, I wouldn't call that an evil thing. Changing every human into a non-human isn't inherently evil in my view.

The only moral problem I have here is the consent aspect. But that remains an equal concern when applied to both an individual or everybody, in the sense that I'm not going to be chill with a murderer simply because they aren't a mass murderer.

As for having to explain why demons aren't evil... again I don't agree. Yeah they are playing with traditional mythos, but come on. This is hardly the first time anybody has done this. Their whole not-actually-cartoonishly-evil approach here is practically a trope at this point. I don't think any kind of super full detailed explanation is required here.
Just look up the UN definition, it definitely covers other situations than straight up murder. Even without diving too deep into theoreticals, would forced sterilization qualify in your understanding? It's not murder, but it's definitely genocide, at least in the long-term.

And in terms of conversion to other species and the like, I can guarantee you that the most realistic response to anything similar would be an immediate human supremacist movement. It's in human nature to be tribal, and the appearance of an entire other species, especially one able to wipe out humanity would trigger an incredibly brutal response.
Of course, I'm not demanding of the game to be this sophisticated, but at least make a token effort, or don't go there.

And for the why demons aren't evil part, well.... You saying them being more complex than cartoonishly evil is a trope is incredibly ironic in the face of the overarching plot of this game being them conquering the world. Literally, the trademark cartoon villain thing to do. If the story was framed as only them trying to find some refuge from the extermination of their kind, then it would be sympathetic, but would immediately destroy the part with converting others to demons.
Again, you can't try to convince me that the demons in this world are more than just evil, because a) I have no alternate knowledge within the story and b) we only see them act evil.
But what's more, the writer isn't just pulling out the concept of demons as a singular thing. You also have the accompanying concepts of angels, and them supporting other people in the world. So the writer is pulling on the same exact mythology the inherent component of which is demons being evil, instead of trying to make up his own using the general concept.

• Angry
Reactions: Jin56

Addictions

Jan 5, 2018
How good is the storyline vs the content, is it grindy?
It's slightly grindy. Between corruption levels (1-5) you need to talk to girls a few times at specific moments. That can get annoying. Otherwise it's fine.

The storyline is definitely ok, but not amazing. There's only a bit of it so far though, but it's entertaining at least. It's not top-level writing but it's servicable.

Reactions: Jin56

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
How good is the storyline vs the content, is it grindy?
The storyline is average with major oversights. In terms of grind, you have to repeatedly talk to people to progress, but it's not too much, and you can skip past the repeated conversations.

Murakami2099

Aug 27, 2018
The storyline is average with major oversights. In terms of grind, you have to repeatedly talk to people to progress, but it's not too much, and you can skip past the repeated conversations.
I don't know why devs do this but the arbitrary counter to advance is needlessly grindy. Just run through the available events and then move on. Don't make people keep repeating the same content over and over to index a counter.

KingX317

Aug 2, 2017
Is there a compressed version. I'm a couple versions behind and 9GB is a bit much to download at once

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
My New Neighbors [v0.95] [Rmaximus] - Compressed
You like this game and want to support the developer, click on the developer name below.

Developer:

This compression is unofficial which reduces media quality and might break the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Original Win/Linux Size: 8.43 GB
Compressed Win/Linux Size: 3.35 GB MEGA

Original Mac Size: 8.40 GB
Compressed Mac Size: 3.32 GB MEGA

Original Update Size: 919 MB
Compressed Update Size:590 MB MEGA

Give me a "(y)like" if you enjoy this compressed version
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ghjghjghj

Dec 10, 2018
And in terms of conversion to other species and the like, I can guarantee you that the most realistic response to anything similar would be an immediate human supremacist movement. It's in human nature to be tribal, and the appearance of an entire other species, especially one able to wipe out humanity would trigger an incredibly brutal response.
This is clearly never going to go anywhere, and I can mostly stop myself, but this... I can't. Dude. It's a hypothetical. A hypothetical. You bringing in "well actually if it was real, these unrelated factors would occur" is entirely missing the point of a hypothetical. I'm fully aware there is zero chance of literally every single human being agreeing to change their species. Hell, "changing species" is a whole other thing that ain't actually happening. Even the aliens are almost certainly not happening. Everybody knows these things. None of them are relevant to the point of using that as a hypothetical. Come on. You know this.

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
This is clearly never going to go anywhere, and I can mostly stop myself, but this... I can't. Dude. It's a hypothetical. A hypothetical. You bringing in "well actually if it was real, these unrelated factors would occur" is entirely missing the point of a hypothetical. I'm fully aware there is zero chance of literally every single human being agreeing to change their species. Hell, "changing species" is a whole other thing that ain't actually happening. Even the aliens are almost certainly not happening. Everybody knows these things. None of them are relevant to the point of using that as a hypothetical. Come on. You know this.
Fiction is hypothetical, I don't know what to tell you. Literally all of fantasy and science fiction is hypothetical, that doesn't suddenly mean that logic and cause and effect no longer apply. The entire basis of suspension of disbelief, immersion, investment into the world and characters is that they follow internally consistent rules. If I am told that X happens, but there is a near 0% chance of it happening according to the world's rules and basic logic, I will not be satisfied by the story simply stating it. This is a moot point anyway, could as well respond to the substantive stuff.

P.S. And if it's the "if it was real" part that's bothering you, that applies to any story that involves humans or anything that references reality. Unless I am told otherwise, I will assume that gravity applies. Unless I am told otherwise, I will assume human nature is the same as in the real world.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
i stopped 10 affection with rin how to continue
Try to move around the house at different times, or wait a day or two and do the same, in the end a scene will start automatically, or at least that is how I did it while the hint system wasn't working.

Lepricunj

Donor
May 4, 2017
It's slightly grindy. Between corruption levels (1-5) you need to talk to girls a few times at specific moments. That can get annoying. Otherwise it's fine.

The storyline is definitely ok, but not amazing. There's only a bit of it so far though, but it's entertaining at least. It's not top-level writing but it's servicable.

Much appreciated folks, will give it a try :)

3.70 star(s) 69 Votes