giggitygigity

Aug 24, 2019
man, some people are soft af, mention of rape and little bit of ntr on one of the characters even if it's before event of the game started, people go "boohoo I'm offended", dev can't even make stories with some of you guys feeling offended like your mom getting raped, this is in every game thread, damn.

Bradd D

Oct 8, 2022
man, some people are soft af, mention of rape and little bit of ntr on one of the characters even if it's before event of the game started, people go "boohoo I'm offended", dev can't even make stories with some of you guys feeling offended like your mom getting raped, this is in every game thread, damn.
That storyline is a kick in the nuts to anyone who had followed this game for any length of time.

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
To be fair, the dev has rewritten the scene (yes i didn't like it either), in the new version she wasn't raped. The guy tried to rape her, but her father saved her in time and send her to her grandma.
That being said, now half of the conversation about her past is how she became a nympho :LOL:
I mean, it's nothing bad mind you, but i found it a bit forced, no idea why the dev wanted to keep her a nympho so bad and not just leave her a party girl, but whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The rest of the update isn't bad thought.
I guess the developer got rid of the rape plot but kept the nymphomania plot to give more "depth" to Elaine's character. And I don't mean that as a complaint or as a bad thing. Rape plots always serve to "empathize" with that character. And nymphomania plots in visual novels are usually treated unrealistically. I mean, nymphomania is a psychological disorder. And most games just treat it as "This character is a nymphomaniac. She and the MC will fuck a lot. End of story." I can't recall a single visual novel that I've played in which nymphomania is treated relatively seriously.

So, I guess without the rape plot, we still needed an excuse to empathize with Elaine. And the excuse that led her to become a nymphomaniac seems adequate to me. If she were just a girl who parties, yes it would make sense to think of her as just a slut (or very "carefree and open-minded who enjoys her sexuality," for the moralists). Being a nymphomaniac, there you have that medical excuse. I think it works.

Just as we helped Krystal with her K-Pop band and Wendy with her ex-boyfriend, Elaine's plot will be helping her in some ways to overcome her trauma and help her see sex as something normal and everyday and not associate it with the stress and trauma she has with her past.

Or maybe I'm being overly optimistic. :HideThePain:

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
That storyline is a kick in the nuts to anyone who had followed this game for any length of time.
Agreed. People made their thoughts about the sudden change known and the DEV reconsidered but at the same time he is also right.
I'm glad most people having a problem with Elaine's backstory were clear about it and pointed at the problems her new backstory will bring.
But then there was also a minority of people here who acted like Elaine being a rape/blackmail victim is the end of the world and I'm sorry but for me their outburst was very entertaining to see.

It's like that meme:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

For what it's worth I'm also optimistic about it since the game seems to revolt around the ideas of:

It was true until now and, last "controversy" aside, I don't see why it would suddenly change.

P.S: You're spot on with the whole nympho "confusion" so to speak and I'm lucky I didn't get to play many VN's where the character who's very sexually active is called a nympho in a serious way. The usually implementation I find has to do with other characters trying to degrade a LI by calling said LI a nympho so there's also that aspect.
Nonetheless it's good to make the difference between a medical condition and an active sexual life.
The more you know.png

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I guess the developer got rid of the rape plot but kept the nymphomania plot to give more "depth" to Elaine's character. And I don't mean that as a complaint or as a bad thing. Rape plots always serve to "empathize" with that character. And nymphomania plots in visual novels are usually treated unrealistically. I mean, nymphomania is a psychological disorder. And most games just treat it as "This character is a nymphomaniac. She and the MC will fuck a lot. End of story." I can't recall a single visual novel that I've played in which nymphomania is treated relatively seriously.

So, I guess without the rape plot, we still needed an excuse to empathize with Elaine. And the excuse that led her to become a nymphomaniac seems adequate to me. If she were just a girl who parties, yes it would make sense to think of her as just a slut (or very "carefree and open-minded who enjoys her sexuality," for the moralists). Being a nymphomaniac, there you have that medical excuse. I think it works.

Just as we helped Krystal with her K-Pop band and Wendy with her ex-boyfriend, Elaine's plot will be helping her in some ways to overcome her trauma and help her see sex as something normal and everyday and not associate it with the stress and trauma she has with her past.

Yes, i just think the rape plot and that we should have sympathized with her already failed for most as from how the scenes played out. Personally i don't like heavy themes only for shock value.
If a dev uses a heavy theme and actually makes it a central point in the story, or for that character, it's a different story entirely, but that is almost never the case...

I don't have a problem with the nympho plot, but i don't think it's usefull to gain sympathie for her (well at least for me). That she and her parents suffered and got abused has way more impact, or could have, if the dev would have focused more on that part, it also doesn't need rape to make that work.
How she became a nympho was pretty much, well yeah masturbation was the only thing which let me deal with stress, so i continued to do it...good for you, or maybe more for the the MC ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For the sex, i mean, why can't a girl just enjoy sex...she doesn't even need to be a party girl or often changing partners for that, but yeah there is no drama in that i guess.
I also don't think people which disliked her for being a party girl, will suddenly like her because the nymphomania adds more ''depth''.
Maybe she will go to therapy, i doubt it, i think it's more likely she will be happy with it, now that she has the MC and is enjoying sex with him.

I actually like the lighter dramas like Wendy's or Krystal's more, they also feel more believable, or Rin which doesn't need much drama at all.
The heavy themes are mostly bad because there isn't any impact, lasting consequences, or even much time spend on it.
This wasn't only for Elaine's rape backstory, same for Eira, she was beaten, nearly gangraped (and probably killed), but there is no more to that story, no impact or lasting trauma for her...it serves for the purpose for some drama and the MC could play hero.

The other problem for the heavy dramas is how this MC is written. He's just not good for anything that requires emotional depth, bonding, or help someone to overcom a psychological problem
I mean, can someone imagine how this MC would have helped Elaine to overcome their rape trauma ?

Last edited:

elbro

Nov 22, 2020
Seriously, what is the problem that a story is told where a character suffers a rape? happens in real life so why it is not accepted in a fiction novel? I don't like the idea of users censoring what I don't like to happen, life is not like that and novels should be an interpretation of life.
perfect life in a novel is boring and criticizing the creator for not wanting to be boring and inventing events to generate emotions in the story of the game is a throwback.
It's a story with hints of sex, not a Disney story.
It clearly says game for people over 18 years old, which means mature people, who can accept that life is not perfect and have criteria.

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
criticizing the creator for not wanting to be boring and inventing events to generate emotions in the story of the game is a throwback.
Rape plots are one of the most overused/overexploited tropes in any entertainment medium to cause empathy. If a developer really doesn't want to be boring and invent events to cause emotions, then test your creativity and don't use overused plots. Be more original.

For you it is sad that people "censor" developers. For me it is sad that they themselves fall into the same unoriginal tropes instead of thinking a little bit more.

life is not like that and novels should be an interpretation of life.
Nope. Nope nope nope. It is obviously your opinion and I respect it. But you are saying it as if it should be like that and it is not.

elbro

Nov 22, 2020
Rape plots are one of the most overused/overexploited tropes in any entertainment medium to cause empathy. If a developer really doesn't want to be boring and invent events to cause emotions, then test your creativity and don't use overused plots. Be more original.

For you it is sad that people "censor" developers. For me it is sad that they themselves fall into the same unoriginal tropes instead of thinking a little bit more.

Nope. Nope nope nope. It is obviously your opinion and I respect it. But you are saying it as if it should be like that and it is not.
What I'm saying about censorship is that people want everything made for them and an episodic format like these games, their voice and desires have more echo, but it's not a good thing for a content creator at all, in the end what the dev are doing is being accommodating with people's requests, you can't even call the dev an artist because he's changing according to people's opinion, it's wrong.
Finally, is the violation a repeated argument? So why don't I see any claim for the MC being sexually harassed by his boss's granddaughter? Because she's attractive?, so that's why rape is interesting? but the abuse of power over Elaine by the son of his father's bosses that's different? It's almost the same plot. Although I don't want them to happen, I accept the two plots because they are part of the novel or game and they are also interesting and make me feel emotions, as opposed to wanting a safe story that takes you by the hand like a mother taking a child to the park.
Conflict in a storyline is a good thing.

Spyaries

Feb 4, 2019
My Real Desire [Ch.3 Ep.1 Full] [Lyk4n]

SIZE ~ 897 MB

PC/MAC: - WORKUPLOAD - PIXELDRAIN - ANONFILES /

a friendly advice. add word "compressed" to your posts and make them easier to find.
btw thx for your work :)

HM-Toro

Apr 29, 2023

You're forgetting one thing. This target audience is harem players and for them the rape of LI will bring mostly hate and the gaming will stop there. Dev didn't take any account of who he was making a game for. That if LI is raped brings up anything but sympathy and empathy. If you want empathy in a harem game for LI, then maybe you should look at the background of this character instead of her/him. E.g. just parents or some friends like childhood friends and if something happens to them then you can score empathy points, but definitely not with any rape shit.

Party Girl: There's also stuff where you play with fire in a harem game and somewhere you can influence in the same way as that rape shit. If the player doesn't know what that girl is doing and where she is, it can be pretty fatal.

brunolmg

Feb 4, 2023
Is there NTR content in this game? And what's this about rape? I hate NTR and I don't like seeing rape scenes and want to know if there's any in this game as I was planning to try the game out once I saw it being recommended on My Bully is My Lover. I dont care about spoilers.

Can someone tell me about this please? Thank you very much.

Bradd D

Oct 8, 2022
Is there NTR content in this game? And what's this about rape? I hate NTR and I don't like seeing rape scenes and want to know if there's any in this game as I was planning to try the game out once I saw it being recommended on My Bully is My Lover. I dont care about spoilers.

There was a certain plot in Elaine's storyline that had rape. It supposedly got removed in the last update.

Reactions: brunolmg

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017

there still is a rape scene ... near the beginning of the VN

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Had a go at porting My Real Desire Chapter 3 Episode 1 Full to Android with Shaddy's multi-mod.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left for history and swipe right to skip.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links: -

Reactions: gaimariy
4.10 star(s) 125 Votes