ZZ23

Jan 21, 2019
Why should he realize that? The story as it is makes more sense than a manufactured love between the two...
Oh he is definitely going to realise that if we never get nikki "route" because to this point of the story that relationship was building up and it is focal point of the story from very beginning. So it only makes sense to have a choice to have her as fuck buddy or something more.

If this was just regular novel then who gives a shit, it is what it is but we make choices so story would feel incomplete if you can
opt to pursue most obvious girl.

Reactions: Hadgar

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Oh he is definitely going to realise that if we never get nikki "route" because to this point of the story that relationship was building up and it is focal point of the story from very beginning. So it only makes sense to have a choice to have her as fuck buddy or something more.

If this was just regular novel then who gives a shit, it is what it is but we make choices so story would feel incomplete if you can
opt to pursue most obvious girl.
The dev himself has said from the start, and repeatedly ever since, that they will never get together.

They will have sex, and that's it, nothing more. Them being a couple is not the story he wants to tell.

Reactions: johnconnor

ZZ23

Jan 21, 2019
The dev himself has said from the start, and repeatedly ever since, that they will never get together.

They will have sex, and that's it, nothing more. Them being a couple is not the story he wants to tell.
No shit? I know what dev said that is beside the point.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
No shit? I know what dev said that is beside the point.
It's exactly the point.

The dev has never changed his mind, he's told you all from day 1 what is and isn't going to happen.

If you go in expecting something different then that's all on you, not the dev. The dev does not have to change anything in his story to suit you.

You are right, he'll lose players, he knows that and still isn't changing anything.

Nikki will never be an option. Either deal with that and play the game for what it is, or play something else. It's not a hard choice.

ZZ23

Jan 21, 2019
Sure, there's a larger point here about whether dev loses people as fans, and it's fair to say that some of us are OK if dev loses you as a fan, and not us. For that reason, what @Avaron1974 said is kind of exactly the point.
I never said a single word about losing fans or anything like that(so don't put words in my mouth), I was just talking about overall story and my personal thoughts on it. So i don't see how is parroting information I already have "exactly the point".

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
I never said a single word about losing fans or anything like that(so don't put words in my mouth), I was just talking about overall story and my personal thoughts on it. So i don't see how is parroting information I already have "exactly the point".
Just be careful mate. If you have the audacity to say you want a Nikki romance the hounds shall be released upon you.

Which is funny in a way cause who ever heard of a dev saying one thing and doing another and promising that they wont change mind and then changing it. I know in the history of games this has never ever happened :p

In this instance I believe the dev but to attack people who might think otherwise gives me a giggle. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Hadgar and ZZ23

Hadgar

Jun 2, 2017
It's exactly the point.

The dev has never changed his mind, he's told you all from day 1 what is and isn't going to happen.

If you go in expecting something different then that's all on you, not the dev. The dev does not have to change anything in his story to suit you.

You are right, he'll lose players, he knows that and still isn't changing anything.

Nikki will never be an option. Either deal with that and play the game for what it is, or play something else. It's not a hard choice.
This is a great argument because truly great stories are created when the developer works on what he likes.
I would be interested to know how "Dreams Of Desire" would have turned out if the patrons wanted a more complex plot.
But despite the fact that Sumodeine says from the first day that the romance between Nikki and Taylor is not an option, he leads the whole game to just that. Every time when a protagonist develop a relationship with another girl, we are returned to the point of view that Nikki is the best choice for him. Every time Taylor fights with his desire, we are shown that Nikki wants it, maybe even more than he does. At some stage in the development of the game, Nikki could have remained only a mentor for the main character, and this would not cause any questions, but each time the author pushed their relationship beyond that.
I hope the break between them will fit into the story as well as everything that happened before, because so far the author has worked hard only on the arguments "for this". Of course, the simplest option is to just say: “in real life, this cannot be so”, but the game (like any other about Incest) is already so far from real life that it will be the weakest argument possible.

ZZ23

Jan 21, 2019
Just be careful mate. If you have the audacity to say you want a Nikki romance the hounds shall be released upon you.

Which is funny in a way cause who ever heard of a dev saying one thing and doing another and promising that they wont change mind and then changing it. I know in the history of games this has never ever happened :p

In this instance I believe the dev but to attack people who might think otherwise gives me a giggle. :ROFLMAO:
This is first time I get hounded on forum for something i didn't even say lel

theresa663

Feb 27, 2018
I have seen so many requests for a walkthrough but haven't seen anyone deliver yet. There are way too many choices to know exactly what is leading where. We need an updated walkthrough after 0.6 because I progressed quite a bit after that and I honestly feel like I'm missing a shitton after every choice I make, because I have no idea what the other choices lead to, and I don't want to save scum 14 per choice, because I don't want to take 3 and a half years completing this VN up to the current version.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I have seen so many requests for a walkthrough but haven't seen anyone deliver yet. There are way too many choices to know exactly what is leading where. We need an updated walkthrough after 0.6 because I progressed quite a bit after that and I honestly feel like I'm missing a shitton after every choice I make, because I have no idea what the other choices lead to, and I don't want to save scum 14 per choice, because I don't want to take 3 and a half years completing this VN up to the current version.
You will miss a shit ton whether you follow a walkthrough or not, you can't fuck every girl, you have to choose.

It's also painfully obvious what choice leads to what outcome, it aint that complicated.

Walkthroughs are generally fan made and they take a lot of time. They have to go through every choice and follow every route to see all outcomes and that's time people can spend doing other things.

Most folk here work and have jobs and families.

You are asking other people to do exactly what you don't want to do and that's spend their time going through every choice.

Personally speaking i'm not going to give up my time to save yours.

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
You will miss a shit ton whether you follow a walkthrough or not, you can't fuck every girl, you have to choose.

It's also painfully obvious what choice leads to what outcome, it aint that complicated.

Walkthroughs are generally fan made and they take a lot of time. They have to go through every choice and follow every route to see all outcomes and that's time people can spend doing other things.

Most folk here work and have jobs and families.

You are asking other people to do exactly what you don't want to do and that's spend their time going through every choice.

Personally speaking i'm not going to give up my time to save yours.
True enough. I do remember the dev saying they will probably post a walkthrough when the game is complete but the people will have to find there own way for now. So maybe wait until its complete to give it a go. Although the choices are very obvious atm what will happen.

DorcasAurelia

Nov 17, 2018
I've done three playthroughs, and I feel like it isn't really that complicated. Granted, it's not obvious what some of the consequences of certain choices will be, but there aren't that many that causes actual branches, and it doesn't seem like this game tracks relationship values or anything like that. Otherwise, short-term save scumming or text roll-back make it pretty easy not fail scenes.

Going from memory right now, possible inaccuracies follow
Notable choices:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So far none of the choices have affected plot points related to the photographer or the photography teacher. Not spending the night with Mrs. S may have ended interactions with her. All the other girls are still DTF (technically not Molly (yet), but she still loves you) regardless of what you do.

3.90 star(s) 129 Votes