Maragdus

Jul 1, 2017
They aren't in a relationship, she isn't being stolen from him, she doesn't belong to him there is no NTR.
NTR doesn't necessarily mean cucked or cheated on it's a plot device in witch the main protagonist's loved one(s)/love interest(s) are taken or seduced away from him and the heroine might be willing or unwilling.This is to cause an emotion of jealousy in the READER not necessarily MC.Considering many of the players are apparently feeling jealousy from the sister screwing other men there is NTR.

Reactions: ZZ23 and Hadgar

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
NTR doesn't necessarily mean cucked or cheated on
That's actually the literal exact meaning of the word the abbreviation derives from.

it's a plot device in witch the main protagonist's loved one(s)/love interest(s) are taken or seduced away from him
While I'd call that "fair enough" it's entirely unrelated to the actual meaning of the word. What we think as readers is linguistically irrelevant--if the people involved(i.e. the character)say there is not cheating, there is none, and that's really all there is to it--so because of the linguistic inapplicability of the literally defined word, the tag is of no value either.

Reactions: TheDevian

Maragdus

Jul 1, 2017
That's actually the literal exact meaning of the word the abbreviation derives from.
The translation i give it's the definition from urban dictionary which is not entirely correct.From what i gather from reading hentai and asking a few japanese acquaintances i know it doesn't really mean ,,cuckold'' in all actuality a cuck is someone raising another man's children or getting off on the idea of other men fucking his woman like the husband in the latest Parental love update for example NTR is meant to make you the reader feel jealous by either making a love interest in the story cheat get seduced by another or get raped there isn't a word in english which conveys its literal exact meaning.

Reactions: ZZ23 and TheDevian

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
The translation i give it's the definition from urban dictionary which is not entirely correct.
Useless then. Urban dictionary is irrelevant for anything outside meme culture. Other dictionaries cite cuckold, cheating and whatnot as the actual meaning.

From what i gather from reading hentai and asking a few japanese acquaintances
Anecdote. I don't know you. I don't know them. I recognize institutional credibility.

there isn't a word in english which conveys its literal exact meaning.
Given that you used an anecdote, what you know is they say it has no literal exact meaning. Which could be true, (I also recognize that these things with no literal exact meaning occur) but is no more likely than all these other sites what do it for a living saying that it is.

Maragdus

Jul 1, 2017
Useless then. Urban dictionary is irrelevant for anything outside meme culture. Other dictionaries cite cuckold, cheating and whatnot as the actual meaning.

Anecdote. I don't know you. I don't know them. I recognize institutional credibility.

Given that you used an anecdote, what you know is they say it has no literal exact meaning. Which could be true, (I also recognize that these things with no literal exact meaning occur) but is no more likely than all these other sites what do it for a living saying that it is.
What i know is it doesn't really mean ,,cuckold'' here is entire site of hentai comics go to the netorare tag and read a few of the comics if that's your thing i personally don't like NTR so i don't claim to be a expert on it but based by the few hentai i have read which had netorare none of them involved anything that can fit the literal definition of a cuckold not to mention there is a separate tag for cheating so it doesn't mean that either.

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
What i know is it doesn't really mean ,,cuckold'' here is entire site of hentai comics go to the netorare tag and read a few of the comics if that's your thing i personally don't like NTR so i don't claim to be a expert on it but based by the few hentai i have read which had netorare none of them involved anything that can fit the literal definition of a cuckold not to mention there is a separate tag for cheating so it doesn't mean that either.
All that just tells me that what I said before about it being a useless tag is true.

Reactions: Goblin Baily: DILF

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
You do realize that when it comes to doushinji and hentai the reader has no input on the actions depicted? In games any cheating or sex done by a potential love interest is seen as cheating, cuckholding and netorare? If the tags had to reflect every aspect of the fetish, games would need to have a shitload of tags.
MSMR does not have NTR in it as the sister is simply doing what a perv of that caliber would do. And you as a player/MC can tell her you don't want any of that. So ,if you tell nikki that it's cool for her to screw around, you are basically expressing the fact that you don't see her as a LI.. if it was Cory that was screwing other beings, me and @Avaron1974 would have a chat with Sumo

Sumodeine

I killed Eric
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
It only counts as NTR if Cory was to sleep around as she's the only canon romance. No one else matters.

NO ONE.

Fite me.
So if Cory were to get gangbanged by the D'Brickashaw and the rest of the Mountainside University football team, and then murdered by Ashley, but Tales subsequently keeps her ashes in an urn and remains celibate for the rest of his life because he lost his one true love goddess, does that still count as NTR?

Asking for a friend....

;)

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
So if Cory were to get gangbanged by the D'Brickashaw and the rest of the Mountainside University football team, and then murdered by Ashley, but Tales subsequently keeps her ashes in an urn and remains celibate for the rest of his life because he lost his one true love goddess, does that still count as NTR?

Asking for a friend....

;)
That's a tough call. Doesn't seem like he held a grudge if he's carrying out her last wish.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

Asking for a friend....

;)
I like you Sumo, you gave me the goddess and for that i'm grateful.

I like to think i'm a reasonable girl, pretty level headed and able to get along well with my fellow dwellers of this here Earth.

Just know though, if you do that to her, they will never find your body.

Threats of physical violence issued by a friend. I proclaim my innocence.

3.90 star(s) 129 Votes