SAO321

Apr 17, 2018
In your game root folder of this game, did you set executable flag on
MySisterMyRoommateV.14.sh
and
lib/linux-x86_64/MySisterMyRoommateV.14 ?

You're on Linux, remember ;). Anything you want to run you have to make executable first.

By that error message I'm guessing you did set the flag on the sh file, but there's another executable missing that flag in the lib/linux-x86_64 folder, as that message also says.

While building Ren'Py game distributions on Ren'Py SDK, it will include Linux and Mac executable permissions to the zip and tar.bz2 archives, but when a game gets extracted to a Windows system (to compress it further, for example), those flags will get lost due to the differences between Windows and NIX systems. A Ren'Py game that has been re-packed in Windows without the help of Ren'Py SDK, does not have those flags and you have to set them yourself.

Oh, intersting ! That is exactly what happened, thanks very mcuh !

Reactions: temera

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
In your game root folder of this game, did you set executable flag on
MySisterMyRoommateV.14.sh
and
lib/linux-x86_64/MySisterMyRoommateV.14 ?

You're on Linux, remember ;). Anything you want to run you have to make executable first.

By that error message I'm guessing you did set the flag on the sh file, but there's another executable missing that flag in the lib/linux-x86_64 folder, as that message also says.

While building Ren'Py game distributions on Ren'Py SDK, it will include Linux and Mac executable permissions to the zip and tar.bz2 archives, but when a game gets extracted to a Windows system (to compress it further, for example), those flags will get lost due to the differences between Windows and NIX systems. A Ren'Py game that has been re-packed in Windows without the help of Ren'Py SDK, does not have those flags and you have to set them yourself.

Oh, intersting ! That is exactly what happened, thanks very mcuh !
Or, you know, you could use Permission Fixer!

Reactions: SAO321

McWoodz

Oct 28, 2018
Hello is there a way you stop Nikki having sex with other male ? so it her and MC only
She has sex with one guy at the start of the game and you can stop it after that. It is part of the story but you can skip it with the mod in the OP.

SAO321

Apr 17, 2018
Hello is there a way you stop Nikki having sex with other male ? so it her and MC only
I couldnt avoid her to have sex to the first one(two scenes), tho i could skip it. But for the rest of the game, she hadnt sex with other mans, only womans. There will be two explicit questions ingame, something like `` do you want to see me having sex with other mans ? `` and `` do you want her to be happy with another man?``. Answering no to both, she didnt had male partners anymre.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
I couldnt avoid her to have sex to the first one(two scenes), tho i could skip it. But for the rest of the game, she hadnt sex with other mans, only womans. There will be two explicit questions ingame, something like `` do you want to see me having sex with other mans ? `` and `` do you want her to be happy with another man?``. Answering no to both, she didnt had male partners anymre.
Nikki asks you the same about women. I said No the her having sex with other dudes but yes to the other 2 questions and the only had sex with two girls (well two threesomes with mc and a girl really) and no men so far. Played it a couple weeks ago so it's recent but I don't know if there's been an update since.

This whole "she's not supposed to be a lvoe interest you end up with" is confusing me a little. Seeing as she asks you if you want your sexual relationship with her to be exclusive. Of course I suppose that whole thing could end when they stop being roommates. And she wouldn't be my choice of gf anyway. So, eh.

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
Totally baffled by the rating for this game. The gentleman path is totally broken and makes no sense. The branch choices make very little difference and dating girl or not dating has no impact on fucking them later, hell you can actually date one and just choose dick options in date and entire game and it doesn't matter she still wants to date and fuck you for been a nice guy. The characters are one dimensional sport jock, sport jock, nerd, slut, slut, cougar, cougar ect ect ect. The renders and animations are average and a lot of models just chunky and out of proportion. The storyline is all over place
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Nearly every arc has same stupid holes and lack of continuity. Ok the comedy was not bad though more slapstick porkies rather than anything intellectual.

Porkies probably not a bad comparison for the game situational slapstick humour with T&A on a low budget with no real writing effort put into story or plot. Sadly I guess I a Monty Python and Robin Williams over Porkies and like a little intellect in my Humour.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Totally baffled by the rating for this game. The gentleman path is totally broken and makes no sense. The branch choices make very little difference and dating girl or not dating has no impact on fucking them later, hell you can actually date one and just choose dick options in date and entire game and it doesn't matter she still wants to date and fuck you for been a nice guy. The characters are one dimensional sport jock, sport jock, nerd, slut, slut, cougar, cougar ect ect ect. The renders and animations are average and a lot of models just chunky and out of proportion. The storyline is all over place
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Nearly every arc has same stupid holes and lack of continuity. Ok the comedy was not bad though more slapstick porkies rather than anything intellectual.

Porkies probably not a bad comparison for the game situational slapstick humour with T&A on a low budget with no real writing effort put into story or plot. Sadly I guess I a Monty Python and Robin Williams over Porkies and like a little intellect in my Humour.
Yikes. That's harsh. And I disagree with most of your points except 2. A lot of choices don't seem to do jack and I really wish you could tell a girl to fuck off and she'd do it (looking at you vegan mc crazy tits).

I think the writing's fine. Is it unrealistic and hilariously cheesy, hell yeah. But that's why I love it.

voldybuff

Jun 23, 2017
Just so I didn't miss out on anything, there are only 2 "endings" for this version right? One with Molly and one with sarah?

Doxxi

May 19, 2019
Nikki asks you the same about women. I said No the her having sex with other dudes but yes to the other 2 questions and the only had sex with two girls (well two threesomes with mc and a girl really) and no men so far. Played it a couple weeks ago so it's recent but I don't know if there's been an update since.

This whole "she's not supposed to be a lvoe interest you end up with" is confusing me a little. Seeing as she asks you if you want your sexual relationship with her to be exclusive. Of course I suppose that whole thing could end when they stop being roommates. And she wouldn't be my choice of gf anyway. So, eh.
That for me is the frustrating part of this whole thing, if she is not supposed to be a "route choice" for lack of a better term then idk why any choices exist past the first two, with her asking you if you are comfortable with her being with dudes and chicks.
givin the context of how we know this will never be a thing, the love interest question at the party and, having niki play out the way she does on the molly route at the end just do not flow with that idea. I would love to see him remove those choices and just have sexual interactions in any fashion be done with niki after the party where she meets dude man.

Doxxi

May 19, 2019
Is this seriously still being brought up?

The story is she's his sister. It was altered for Patreon but doesn't change the fact nor does it change the fact she isn't an end game love interest.

It's time to let it go people.
if it bugs you that much don't reply to it, its obviously something that people want to, and are willing to discuss at varying levels of reason. especially if the only confirmation that this relationship is not going to happen, is buried in age-old posts on this site. I for one would never have touched the game if I knew from the jump that Niki was not an option by the end but the game does not make that clear in-universe and it is not easily notable in any form on the dl for this or any other site

McWoodz

Oct 28, 2018
if it bugs you that much don't reply to it, its obviously something that people want to, and are willing to discuss at varying levels of reason. especially if the only confirmation that this relationship is not going to happen, is buried in age-old posts on this site. I for one would never have touched the game if I knew from the jump that Niki was not an option by the end but the game does not make that clear in-universe and it is not easily notable in any form on the dl for this or any other site
It's not buried anywhere. It seems to be on every damn page.

Could everyone just wait for it to finish then come back and complain?

Please.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
That for me is the frustrating part of this whole thing, if she is not supposed to be a "route choice" for lack of a better term then idk why any choices exist past the first two, with her asking you if you are comfortable with her being with dudes and chicks.
givin the context of how we know this will never be a thing, the love interest question at the party and, having niki play out the way she does on the molly route at the end just do not flow with that idea. I would love to see him remove those choices and just have sexual interactions in any fashion be done with niki after the party where she meets dude man.
I dunno, man, I agree with you. If she wasn't supposed to be a romanceable character you shouldn't be able to have sex with her.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The dev has said it many, many times.

So many times.

She was never planned as an end game romance and she never will be. It's not buried, it's mentioned so many times it takes one pass with the search function to find.

I dunno, man, I agree with you. If she wasn't supposed to be a romanceable character you shouldn't be able to have sex with her.
Why not?

Sex does not mean relationship.

The dev had a story in mind and he's telling it. Why shouldn't he be able to tell the story he wants?

It's down to you to decide if you want to play or not not him to cater to your likes and dislikes.

Last edited:

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Why not?

Sex does not mean relationship.

The dev had a story in mind and he's telling it.
To me it does.... granted, doesn't mean it has to be the case for you, the dev, or the game. Besides it'd be dumb to expect every game to go monogamous (and in that case too late) but still.

I can't separate sex and feelings, personally. In my mind the fact that she's the MC' sister is makes it even worse if they're having sex without being in love.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
To me it does.... granted, doesn't mean it has to be the case for you, the dev, or the game. Besides it'd be dumb to expect every game to go monogamous (and in that case too late) but still.

I can't separate sex and feelings, personally. In my mind the fact that she's the MC' sister is makes it even worse if they're having sex without being in love.
That's fair enough, I certainly won;t tell anyone what they can and can't feel I just want people to know this is one game in hundreds where the story is slightly different.

The dev had his idea and stuck with it. It might not be to everyones taste but it is what it is.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
That's fair enough, I certainly won;t tell anyone what they can and can't feel I just want people to know this is one game in hundreds where the story is slightly different.

The dev had his idea and stuck with it. It might not be to everyones taste but it is what it is.
Yeah I know and I don't mind really. It's a game, it's not a big deal. I also know it's been talked about before I just answered on impulse without thinking.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Yeah I know and I don't mind really. It's a game, it's not a big deal. I also know it's been talked about before I just answered on impulse without thinking.
I don't mind when it's conversations like this, it only bothers me when people spend 4 or 5 pages trying to get the dev to change his game to suit them.

I won't slam anyone for their opinion and I certainly won't give anyone grief for a conversation. It's the dev bashing and thinking every game should cater to them kinda people that annoy me.

arms99

May 11, 2018
I think people feel if they whine enough the dev will have a change of heart and give them a Nikki ending. Don’t get me wrong, it’s his game and I’m no wise saying that he should, just that it does happen.

For example, Dreaming of Dana. There was never supposed to be a Dana only ending. But after enough people asked for it the dev relented and gave us a forth ending. Granted, it was nowhere near as good as the other endings (I felt his heart wasn’t in it when he wrote it). But like I’m saying, it does happen.

3.90 star(s) 129 Votes