Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I think people feel if they whine enough the dev will have a change of heart and give them a Nikki ending. Don’t get me wrong, it’s his game and I’m no wise saying that he should, just that it does happen.

For example, Dreaming of Dana. There was never supposed to be a Dana only ending. But after enough people asked for it the dev relented and gave us a forth ending. Granted, it was nowhere near as good as the other endings (I felt his heart wasn’t in it when he wrote it). But like I’m saying, it does happen.
His heart wasn't in it, it looks like he made it shit on purpose. That was the speculation my friend had. Comparing Dana's solo to the others kinda backs that up.

It does happen rarely but a lot of devs don't cater to demands or where do you stop?

He's had this for 2 years now and never changed direction and he's still saying it's ending the same way, he has no intention of catering to anyone and changing his story.

He even went and told people expecting a Nikki ending not to play the final update because they won't like it.

Sumodeine

I killed Eric
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
That for me is the frustrating part of this whole thing, if she is not supposed to be a "route choice" for lack of a better term then idk why any choices exist past the first two, with her asking you if you are comfortable with her being with dudes and chicks.
givin the context of how we know this will never be a thing, the love interest question at the party and, having niki play out the way she does on the molly route at the end just do not flow with that idea. I would love to see him remove those choices and just have sexual interactions in any fashion be done with niki after the party where she meets dude man.
I gave players the choice of seeing Nikki with other guys and girls for the simple reason that a lot of players can be sensitive to male characters that are not the MC having sex with any of the "conquests", LI or not. That initial question branches the story and unlocks/locks a foursome scene with D'Brickashaw/Nikki/Skylar/Taylor and two other potential scenes with Nikki/Jessica. And the fact of the matter is that Nikki isn't just a random side character, she has know Taylor their entire lives and is intertwined in damn near every interaction Taylor has and is the cause for pretty much the entire story. If Taylor just went to college on his own, he'd just go to class every day and go back to his dorm and play video games all night. Nikki gets him out of his shell, for better or worse.

If players said "No" to seeing Nikki with other guys, later in the game, D'Brickashaw asks Taylor if he'd be okay with Nikki being with another guy, if it meant her being happy. The full consequences of that decision have yet to be seen, but from the last update we do know that if Taylor answers no, he scares away Marc (who we haven't met). If he says yes, Nikki is still with Marc.

There is a reason for these choices and a method to my madness. You may disagree with my approach, but there is/was reasoning behind them.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
I gave players the choice of seeing Nikki with other guys and girls for the simple reason that a lot of players can be sensitive to male characters that are not the MC having sex with any of the "conquests", LI or not. That initial question branches the story and unlocks/locks a foursome scene with D'Brickashaw/Nikki/Skylar/Taylor and two other potential scenes with Nikki/Jessica. And the fact of the matter is that Nikki isn't just a random side character, she has know Taylor their entire lives and is intertwined in damn near every interaction Taylor has and is the cause for pretty much the entire story. If Taylor just went to college on his own, he'd just go to class every day and go back to his dorm and play video games all night. Nikki gets him out of his shell, for better or worse.

If players said "No" to seeing Nikki with other guys, later in the game, D'Brickashaw asks Taylor if he'd be okay with Nikki being with another guy, if it meant her being happy. The full consequences of that decision have yet to be seen, but from the last update we do know that if Taylor answers no, he scares away Marc (who we haven't met). If he says yes, Nikki is still with Marc.

There is a reason for these choices and a method to my madness. You may disagree with my approach, but there is/was reasoning behind them.
This is all fine and dandy but I don't see how she needs to have sex with Taylor in order to get him out of his shell. But like I just said it's not such a big deal to me in the end if you can't end up with her.

I feel attacked by that comment about players being sensitive to other dudes having sex with our conquests lol. And I appreciate the choice. That bothers me more if I'm honnest. but even that wouldn't be the end of the world if you couldn't stop it. The game is good regardless, in my opinion.

Shay Cormac

May 24, 2018
Wait... you can't end up with Nikki?
That's troubling news...
But then... what's with the mixed signals?
I mean
I guess it's my fault for not paying attention.
I actually never expected to have this, degree of emotional attachment, to the story.

Well, as much as it pains me I think it should be only in the hands of the author.
It's their story and they tell it however they want, shouldn't even be an argument.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Wait... you can't end up with Nikki?
That's troubling news...
But then... what's with the mixed signals?
I mean
I guess it's my fault for not paying attention.
I actually never expected to have this, degree of emotional attachment, to the story.

Well, as much as it pains me I think it should be only in the hands of the author.
It's their story and they tell it however they want, shouldn't even be an argument.
Nikki was never planned as an end game love interest. Dev has said that since the start.

She was only there to act as a catalyst for her brothers story and a few sex scenes.

Doxxi

May 19, 2019

i get that, i think a lot of my frustration at the choices is the fact that i know the path will never happen, so its like watching potential routs be put into a choose your own adventure book that only go a couple of chapters in but ultimately are not their own paths.

Reactions: Ghostface Reborn

Doxxi

May 19, 2019
The dev has said it many, many times.

So many times.

She was never planned as an end game romance and she never will be. It's not buried, it's mentioned so many times it takes one pass with the search function to find.
I get that and respect that choice, im not saying there is anything wrong with it being that way, I just wish the choices in the game made that clearer, and i totally get that the game is not done and those choices most likely will come into play at some point down the road, however we are not in a world where we are sure or unsure of Niki as a route choice. and ya it was unfair of me to say it was buried the point was more if you don't actively look up anything past just downloading the game you will not know that Niki is not a choice, and for my time and money if im playing an incest game I want the one that relates to the mc to be a choice.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Just ran into this one this morning. Well, I've been delightfully entertained. If by nothing else, the sheer number of 4th wall jabs, and the cameo appearances of other characters. Laughed my ass off when Lily showed up at the beach. I hope the dev continues to have a good irreverent sense of humor about things as they continue (assuming there's more significant content in production).

As for the whole Nikki issue I see people debating.. I'm content if she keeps being the third leg of the MC/Molly relationship. Fits nicely.

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Ofcourse the dev does what he wants with his game,but damn would it be nice if nikki could be the ending too :cool:
Indeed, not as a couple of course, she's a slut who's trying to change her ways with her new 'boyfriend'. I had hoped for a neutral ending where both your sister and you turn out with no boy/girlfriend and just end up being slutty and proud again. You'd have to corrupt your sister by making her give into temptation again. Even taking part in each other's flesh if the need arises :D No relationship necessary, just... sibling-fuck-buddies with no future? :unsure:

Reactions: Freezer14 and -KC-

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You know what, an ending like this would satisfy me as well :D As long as there's the occasional messing around, one-night stands with others in the same room, threesomes, and enjoying videogames ;) Maybe Nikki and PC will put their talents to good use and start a webcam business :D

Reactions: Freezer14
3.90 star(s) 129 Votes