Qwerfy

Jan 17, 2018
Perhaps you should go back and change some of your choices to get another ending?
I have to agree with others here. It felt like the ending of one of those RPGs where at the very end they have a few boolean slides depending on what you did in several quests. They don't really feel like you had much of an impact - because it is literally a boolean result. You either did A or you did B. Repeat several times.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I have to agree with others here. It felt like the ending of one of those RPGs where at the very end they have a few boolean slides depending on what you did in several quests. They don't really feel like you had much of an impact - because it is literally a boolean result. You either did A or you did B. Repeat several times.
So, how should it have been done?

Remember, Sumodeine is 1 guy working on his first game.

MLBnoob

Mar 13, 2019
Welp best brace yourselves and don't get attached to the next set of Love Interests in the next game since there could only be one or bust. Hopefully Sumo will follow Halfway House dev's early announcement that only one will be the wife while the others are for sex only, if that is what he intends in his next game.

Reactions: Rythan25

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Take your time. If he want to end this story, release one proper ending, and just say that other routs will be finished next time. That is how Luxee do things for his Parental love, and nobody whine about it.
End of the day it's the creator that decide the ending and what is final. Those not agreeing to the end, or like it, find themselves in the same situation as someone who is unhappy with the end of a movie, book, whatever. Sometimes you will never get the "happy ending" you want.

KingFuzzy

Aug 3, 2018
End of the day it's the creator that decide the ending and what is final. Those not agreeing to the end, or like it, find themselves in the same situation as someone who is unhappy with the end of a movie, book, whatever. Sometimes you will never get the "happy ending" you want.
honestly, for me personally it is not about a "happy ending". it is more along the lines of that it comes off as, "you see all these choices? yeah choices matter... but not really i am actually applying to work at the Life is Strange Studio or Telltale so i am practicing on you guys, none of your choices mean jack shit."

Reactions: Orlox

rockthehell

Aug 1, 2017
I would agree with you, if not one thing. In my walkthrough Molly lost her virginity while being held by Nikki and fucked by MC. Everything led/teased about harem ending and it was not. Even if i hate to the bones ending to "Acting lessons" it had a proper plot twist. Hear there was no plot twist, Nikki say that she can't be together with MC+Molly, for no reasons at all, even if MC+Molly fine with it and both of them love Nikki and Nikki obviously love them both. It just lazy story writing in my book

Last edited:

Juan Sanchez

Oct 26, 2017
Someone send me the latest walkthrough because I can't Molly breaking up with Taylor and especially when Taylor and Nikki are not gonna be together! Nah that pissed me off!

Juan Sanchez

Oct 26, 2017
I would agree with you, if not one thing. In my walkthrough Molly lost her virginity while being held by Nikki and fucked by MC. Everything led/teased about harem ending and it was not. Even if i hate to the bones ending to "Acting lessons" it had a proper plot twist. Hear there was no plot twist, Nikki say that she can't be together with MC+Molly, for no reasons at all, even if MC+Molly fine withe it and both of them love Nikki and Nikki obviously love them both. It just lazy story whiting in my book
You speak the truth! God I'm pissed!

KingFuzzy

Aug 3, 2018
The story in the game makes zero sense. If MC and Nikki are just childhood friends there's literally no reason for them not to be together. This is retarded.
it is because of the incest patch, Sumo did not want to make the sister a love interest for the actual version of the game that would affect the censored version.

in the incest version the reasoning is solid for OUR realities sake even though she was really REALLY interested in incest, and pretty much forced everything just to almost confess romantic feelings the following day after their romp, just to go "nope, cause it's incest, even though i blew you, gave you a tit job, masturbated together, fucked your brains out, let you cum inside all night long and almost confessed my deppest feelings for you, nope just nope because people will judge." even though pretty much everyone else in the game literally seemed to not give two flying fucks if they did, if anything they all gave off the feeling of being supportive for it if they found out. Also not to mention it is only at that part where she is spewing the bullshit, does she only at the moment care what anyone else thinks.

for the non incest version i am sure it is some nonsensical bs excuse just to make it not happen, aka lazy writing. Honestly if sumo did not want people to want having Nikki as a LI, he really should not have bothered with writing her at all and should have just made the MC the football guys roommate who could help turn him into a chad. The story would have pretty much went the same but flowed better without all the bs excuse making.

ClaireBear

Aug 25, 2019
should have just made the MC the football guys roommate who could help turn him into a chad. The story would have pretty much went the same but flowed better without all the bs excuse making.
Honestly, I tend not to like games where other males than the MC are heavily involved in the sexual content, but I would play the hell out of that game. D is hilarious.

KingFuzzy

Aug 3, 2018
Honestly, I tend not to like games where other males than the MC are heavily involved in the sexual content, but I would play the hell out of that game. D is hilarious.
hell do not even need to show him in the sexual content. D could just offer advice, and point him in the direction of an experienced whore.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
it is because of the incest patch, Sumo did not want to make the sister a love interest for the actual version of the game that would affect the censored version.

in the incest version the reasoning is solid for OUR realities sake even though she was really REALLY interested in incest, and pretty much forced everything just to almost confess romantic feelings the following day after their romp, just to go "nope, cause it's incest, even though i blew you, gave you a tit job, masturbated together, fucked your brains out, let you cum inside all night long and almost confessed my deppest feelings for you, nope just nope because people will judge." even though pretty much everyone else in the game literally seemed to not give two flying fucks if they did, if anything they all gave off the feeling of being supportive for it if they found out. Also not to mention it is only at that part where she is spewing the bullshit, does she only at the moment care what anyone else thinks.

for the non incest version i am sure it is some nonsensical bs excuse just to make it not happen, aka lazy writing. Honestly if sumo did not want people to want having Nikki as a LI, he really should not have bothered with writing her at all and should have just made the MC the football guys roommate who could help turn him into a chad. The story would have pretty much went the same but flowed better without all the bs excuse making.
Thats basically what i wrote a few weeks/months ago. Having the sister there doing all kinds of stuff then reaching a point that hints to feelings and then cutting everything off made the whole point of the character being there absolutely pointless.

You can literally change the sister to a male and cut out the sexual content and you wouldn't notice a difference here. IT IS NOT LAZY writing however its just not wanting to go there with his writing despite the fact he already went there.
I write for a long time now for a living and can say alot of people even pro's like myself walk into that trap where you in the flow of writing go down a road you never intended but it feels right in the context of the character development.

However if you don't wanna go there the lector will show you how flawed your logic is and call you out on it and if you want your book then published you either rewrite that so no indication happens or you split the character story apart so that the reader only finds implications that can be seen in multiple ways and its up to the readers to decide what to make of them even tough it ends up a completely other way you maybe thought as reader.

To give some prime examples where you might thought there is a romance going on only to find out there wasn't one in the first place or the fact that the romantic feelings are part of what only one side wants while the other one has already went on or yet another twist you as audience/reader would not have seen coming.

Game of Thrones "Tyrion and Shae"
Cruel Intentions "Not gonna spoiler anything that was a masterpiece"
Forest Gump "And no i don't believe for a second Jenny loved anyone but herself"
The Fountain "Starring Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz where the distinction between reality and imagination is almost impossible"
Tristan and Isolde. "Not gonna spoiler anything here either"
Casablanca "Masterpiece"
Gone with the wind. "Masterpiece"

I disagree with the dev entirely to not make the sister a LI but at the end of the day its his game and his decision also the decision of the paying patreons what they want or demand. So all we can do is mention it and suggesting a different outcome but thats about it.

It doesn't bother me either way as i lost interest in this project the moment everyone including the dev stating that the sister will never be a Love Interest despite the fact she already was going by the events unfolding in the story. Thats like stating Bruce Wayne is not Batman when we on screen see exactly that he is. Kinda pointless to discuss the obvious then ^^

pyrofox1313

Mar 2, 2019
Just because they would be roommates doesn't mean he has to be involved he could just be an older brother/mentor that gives advice. Like Nikki minus the sexual things that happen between Nikki and the MC. I really do feel like Nikki is a bait and switch in this game. They make the one best characters in the game someone you can't actually end up with purely for arbitrary reasons. (at least in the non incest version)

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
The problem is that he should have said from the start that Molly was the only option instead of simply that Nikki is not an option. As it stands right now the impression that I get is that he couldn't be bothered finishing all the endings and simply released it with just the Molly ending.
What other ending do you expected exactly ?

The MC lied when saying that he like sport, and exercise regularly. Therefore it was clear that the girl he tutor would never be an ending option. As for her roommate, she isn't really interested and the lie also apply to her.
He also lied to the crazy bitch, but anyway nobody expected her to be an option now that she's in jail.
The dorm supervisor clearly stated that she just want sex and nothing more. Therefore, she was never an opened option.
The florist is the girl he had the less interactions with. Difficult to see her as an option.
Nikki was stated as not being an option right from the start.

Therefore, the only option left on the table is the one we get, Molly.

ClaireBear

Aug 25, 2019
Just because they would be roommates doesn't mean he has to be involved he could just be an older brother/mentor that gives advice. Like Nikki minus the sexual things that happen between Nikki and the MC. I really do feel like Nikki is a bait and switch in this game. They make the one best characters in the game someone you can't actually end up with purely for arbitrary reasons. (at least in the non incest version)
hell do not even need to show him in the sexual content. D could just offer advice, and point him in the direction of an experienced whore.
I don't mean involved in a MxM way or anything, Im picturing that scene from American Pie Beta House where the MC gets to his new dorm, and his roommate and roomates gf are fucking, and the roommate is just like hey, what's up, you must be my new roommate. Then a couple seconds later he's like, you wanna jump in on this?

BoltonGuy35

Mar 25, 2018
I'm sorry but i'm calling bullshit on this ending Grrrr!!! Why the hell can't the MC and Nikki have the happy ending ?? There was clearly more to it than just a physical attraction. What a bloody let down that was. I really wish the dev would reconsider how this ends for many peoples interests not just for the sister ending but also other characters. Sadly that's not going to happen and many people that have followed this game for long enough will be left disappointed :(

Last edited:

pyrofox1313

Mar 2, 2019
What other ending do you expected exactly ?

The MC lied when saying that he like sport, and exercise regularly. Therefore it was clear that the girl he tutor would never be an ending option. As for her roommate, she isn't really interested and the lie also apply to her.
He also lied to the crazy bitch, but anyway nobody expected her to be an option now that she's in jail.
The dorm supervisor clearly stated that she just want sex and nothing more. Therefore, she was never an opened option.
The florist is the girl he had the less interactions with. Difficult to see her as an option.
Nikki was stated as not being an option right from the start.

Therefore, the only option left on the table is the one we get, Molly.
I am not a writer (if I was I would have made my own game a long time ago) nor am I saying that I can do a better job. The reason we are only left with Molly is because that is the only option that was left open for us. What is the point of having a game with so many choices when we are only given one real outcome? As a writer it is your job to reach a satisfying conclusion (or conclusions). I don't think this game fulfilled that objective. All of the routes in this game beside Molly just abruptly end. The ending of this game was clearly rushed and it feels like Molly was forced upon us rather than being an actual choice. That is a failure on the part of the writer plain and simple.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 129 Votes