AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
It's bad manners to hijack someone else's game thread to advertise your own stuff; even worse if it's going to be a knockoff of said game.

Make your own thread.
Well, it's not advertising at all, for that matter.
But your advice makes sense: I'll create a separate thread where I'll be much more comfortable discussing all of the remakes and additions to the original game.
Because really - freedom of speech in this world of double morality is a very ephemeral thing.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I don't give a shit about the money.
I'm redoing the game for fun.
So - bypass, games on patreon or other monetization sites go to the woods for me.
That's actually pretty fair and I totally respect that.

I don't mind people remaking games but it irks me when people try and make money on the back of other peoples work. Lke those that steal artwork.

Remaking a game for personal reasons or fun I get, remaking someone else's hard work to make money I find lazy. Like the amazingly long list of Big Brother clones right down to the actual copy of Big Brother.

However, a remake done for fun i'd probably play myself. I love this game and would love to see more, especially the loony vegan ... she should totally have her own game.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
That's actually pretty fair and I totally respect that.

I don't mind people remaking games but it irks me when people try and make money on the back of other peoples work. Lke those that steal artwork.

Remaking a game for personal reasons or fun I get, remaking someone else's hard work to make money I find lazy. Like the amazingly long list of Big Brother clones right down to the actual copy of Big Brother.

However, a remake done for fun i'd probably play myself. I love this game and would love to see more, especially the loony vegan ... she should totally have her own game.
She's making an appearance in Sumo's new game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Avaron1974

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Well, it's not advertising at all, for that matter.
But your advice makes sense: I'll create a separate thread where I'll be much more comfortable discussing all of the remakes and additions to the original game.
Because really - freedom of speech in this world of double morality is a very ephemeral thing.
Have you asked this dev if they mind you piggy backing off their hard work?
Freedom of speech is a political thing, it doesn't apply here.

Reactions: Duke Leo

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
Have you asked this dev if they mind you piggy backing off their hard work?
Freedom of speech is a political thing, it doesn't apply here.
I don't use anyone else's labor or results except my own labor and my own results.
In my opinion, the position is extremely honest and transparent.

If someone doesn't like it, well, as we say in Russia: Я не пятак, чтобы всем нравится.

Well, I clearly answered the previous speaker.
My project is emphasized free, I don't give a shit about money or fame at all. That's it, just the Russian way: насрать на деньги или славу.

So I'll make a separate thread in the Fan Art section, where I'll post the game compilation. That's it, I think there's nothing to discuss here.

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
If this game didn't exist, you wouldn't have this project to work on; so yes, you are benefitting from the dev's hard work.
If the game wasn't so badly done, both in code and art, I really wouldn't have taken the trouble to redo it, you're right.

However, I would take your point about the benefits separately. The point is that we, in Russian, have two words for benefit: выгода and польза.
The difference in meaning is almost indistinguishable to the English ear: even Google translates these words the same way benefit and... benefit.

Although the second word rather means an advantage, which has nothing to do with money and has a meaning not only and not so much for the subject, as for those around him.
If you don't see the benefit to those around you of remaking the original game, just say: I don't see the benefit (польза) of it, this is my sincere opinion!
Then I'll understand you, and I just won't consider your opinion in motivating my disinterested work. No more, but also no less.

Rule97

May 2, 2018
What's the author new game?

Also dont want to start a crazy ass discussion but I feel Ashley gets lots of flak in-game?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
What's the author new game?

Also dont want to start a crazy ass discussion but I feel Ashley gets lots of flak in-game?
She is a bit of a stalker and does murder people so I feel a bit of flak is in order.

That said she is also the fave character for a few people, myself included. Usually the insane ones and incredibly unlikeable but Ash is quite funny with it so she gets a pass.

Rule97

May 2, 2018
She is a bit of a stalker and does murder people so I feel a bit of flak is in order.

That said she is also the fave character for a few people, myself included. Usually the insane ones and incredibly unlikeable but Ash is quite funny with it so she gets a pass.
Funnily enough i just ended that a couple of minutes ago, yeah sure, hindsight is 20/20 and its quite easy to dislike her after that, it just feels... cheap. "Hey how do I make her easy to hate? Lets make her a stalker, killer and a crazy bitch."

But even before that, that went 0 to 100 really fast, the Mc is badmouthing her at every turn, when he was the one desesperate to get in her pants, lies to her, ignores her, all to get in her pants, and Mc its totally fine with going on with all that, because horny, hey even in a life or death situation you get to fuck her... and thats makes you a hero.

Its just feels... forced dunno if its for the sake of drama or to make us feel less guilty that we treated her poorly since not listening to someone is obviously a less evil thing than killing someone.

I love this game but how the Ashley thing was handled, the way that Taylor thinks about her, how the character is treated overall, i gotta be honest, feels like dev is making a statement through the character or taking a jab at someone they know irl by how Ashley is treated.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020

I actually liked her character quite a bit right up until the moment she snapped. It's a shame really, she could have been a nice alternative to Molly for me as one of the L.I.s to end up and see a "what if" ending.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
A vegan is never a serious option. He/she'll make your life miserable :Kappa:
Unless you are a vegan yourself, of course. In that case you'll live happily ever after, forever sharing your nutritional supplements.
Sumo knew that and dealt with it accordingly.

vonfnas

Jul 4, 2021
Is there no way to install the patch for the latest 1.69 Android version? The 1.0 Taboo version is a very old version of the game, right?

Erebus1

Dec 6, 2018
Fun game. Love the 4th wall breaks. Took me forever to get the ending I wanted, mostly because I didn't realize the android version I was playing on didn't have it, so I switched to PC. ;)

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
Fun game. Love the 4th wall breaks. Took me forever to get the ending I wanted, mostly because I didn't realize the android version I was playing on didn't have it, so I switched to PC. ;)
Then you will like our mod all the more. There's a fourth wall just takes out the wall cannon.

3.90 star(s) 129 Votes