jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I sort of consider him pausing the patron payments every month as silent communication, that doesn't count though. This game is still technically on-hold though, not really abandoned.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Considering the number of games I've seen posted back in 2017 (or older!) that still have their on hold tags listed, this feels like it's bogus. Like, here's Malice and the Machine. https://f95zone.to/threads/malise-and-the-machine-v0-0511-eromancer.530/ Posted back in 2016, still labelled [On Hold]. https://f95zone.to/threads/aylias-story-v0-11-yummytiger.2662/ YummyTiger's game (who was mentioned earlier in this thread, to boot!), listed as [On Hold]. Last Patreon post was February. https://f95zone.to/threads/grim-city-ch-1-v1-2-smersh.2963/ Smersh's Grim City, last mentioned anywhere I can find back in July 2018 on his twitter of all things, with the release of Chapter One; also [On Hold].

And then contrast https://f95zone.to/threads/zero-core-exile-v0-0-4-gillenew.36048/ which was just posted, and listed as [Abandoned], even though the dev has consistantly communicated continued interest in developing it, and that he hasn't abandoned it, only been without time to do so with the latest message regarding that being two months ago when he was excited to hopefully be able to begin working on it again (and as you can see in thread, I've had a similar argument on this point there, as well).

Usage of [Abandoned], [On Hold] and such aren't even covered in https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2019-03-24.10394/ either, so not sure where you're getting that it's a site rule.
Prefixes are defined in this post: https://f95zone.to/threads/game-uploading-rules-2019-06-25.524/

It's a site rule.

If you have an issue with games being marked on hold that should be abandoned, instead of posting them here, you should report each game's OP and explain what the issue is.

Reactions: Oddball2k and JRD

Amariithynar

Oct 26, 2017
Prefixes are defined in this post: https://f95zone.to/threads/game-uploading-rules-2019-06-25.524/

It's a site rule.

If you have an issue with games being marked on hold that should be abandoned, instead of posting them here, you should report each game's OP and explain what the issue is.
Odd that those tags aren't listed in the tag rules post that I linked to, but thank you for linking where those tags ARE listed. I have been reporting threads on this point, and have done so with Zero Core, a couple days ago (and posted about such there as well). My issue isn't that games marked On Hold aren't marked Abandoned, but the reverse- that games that are just On Hold *are* marked as Abandoned.

Reactions: woj_tec

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Odd that those tags aren't listed in the tag rules post that I linked to, but thank you for linking where those tags ARE listed. I have been reporting threads on this point, and have done so with Zero Core, a couple days ago (and posted about such there as well). My issue isn't that games marked On Hold aren't marked Abandoned, but the reverse- that games that are just On Hold *are* marked as Abandoned.
I think they aren't in the tag rules post because they aren't tags - they're prefixes. But maybe the post should be "tags and prefixes".

Reactions: Amariithynar
Dec 15, 2017
You obviously are confused.I have said several times that Pandelo is not getting any money this year from patrons.
You must redirect your post to someone who is complaining about Pandelo getting money and not realeasing an update.
No, just worded poorly, at least my last sentence was. I was trying to say that it was not directed at you, but to others who are complaining. I had no issues with your post, just trying reinforce it with my own experience.

LoooooL

Oct 18, 2017
I sort of consider him pausing the patron payments every month as silent communication, that doesn't count though. This game is still technically on-hold though, not really abandoned.
what makes me think, does he manually pause the payment every month or is it an automated process?

CandyMan29

Nov 12, 2017
what makes me think, does he manually pause the payment every month or is it an automated process?

that is interesting. I wonder if there is a way to have it automatically pause payments each month until he is ready to return, or if he actually has to go in and pause payments manually each month. and can anyone confirm, the September pledges were paused?

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
that is interesting. I wonder if there is a way to have it automatically pause payments each month until he is ready to return, or if he actually has to go in and pause payments manually each month. and can anyone confirm, the September pledges were paused?
he indeed have to pause it or put how long he wants to pause it.
also if he were to charge people he cant charge for more than 6 months with no update content.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I really, really, really, really miss this game.

And yet, if I'm being honest, the more time passes, the less I believe it will ever return.
Could be that pandelo has just left it behind him no matter how his mother is doing now, that's always a possibility.

It would be such a shame, but slowly I need to get used to the idea that this will be another of the very promising VNs that never were completed.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
And yet, if I'm being honest, the more time passes, the less I believe it will ever return.
Could be that pandelo has just left it behind him no matter how his mother is doing now, that's always a possibility.
Yeah, same here and same with other games like Love and Submission for example. It happens that things come up and you just don't have time for it anymore, it happens that you lose interest in things and you want to do other things, but I just don't understand why people don't just say so. It's not like not saying anything would prevent the "It's probably abandoned", "The dev is milking" or whatever comments. Same with things where the dev has clearly overexerted himself which, at least for me, is the case with Love and Submission. I mean it takes time to develop a game, that much was always clear, but the you have like 7 or 8 characters and you want to introduce a love AND a submission route for everyone and it also have to make sense no matter what route you choose? That's just too much. This alone is an insane amount of workload, but then you also have develop a story, introduce different fetishes and such.

Dec 15, 2017
I just wish he would break the silence and let us know something. Even a one sentence long message letting us know if he is alive and if the game is dead or not. For me, breaking the silence is less about the life of the game and more on just common courtesy, especially to us Patrons. I get that real life happens, but leaving people hanging for months without one word edgewise is just not really a great thing to do. Especially, with how simple it is to post a quick message these days. Alright, I have said my piece on this, back to the shadows I go.

Bueno

Apr 26, 2017
Sad but understanding that now this carries the Abandonded tag. One of the first games that got me into the whole adult game scene. Now I suspect it will never be finished.

4.60 star(s) 84 Votes