Why don't you write him (via his Patreon page), telling him how much
you miss his work ?

kaizersoze27

Donor
Aug 19, 2017
Why don't you guys tell him so ?

Why don't you write him (via his Patreon page), telling him how much
you miss his work ?
What makes you think we haven't ? Also, Pandelo can check everything here as well, not to mention, his donors are still backing him, he is pausing the payment every month

Reactions: TheFinder
Dec 15, 2017
A little research will give you the answer.
Also you realy don't know that we have plenty of games with no update for more than half year/in some cases 3 years/,that still have hundreds of patrons?
Yep, I am a patron of Yummy Tiger Gaming. I have been one for almost 4 years now, and have been charged exactly $0.00 for being one. This is due to the fact that Yummy has not put out a significant update and his charging is based up every major game update. I am also a patron of Pandelo, and have not been charged for months. Basically ever since he went dark. So, I continue supporting him, because it is literally costing me nothing. This less to you, armion82, and more to those who are confused as to why we still support Pandelo.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Yep, I am a patron of Yummy Tiger Gaming. I have been one for almost 4 years now, and have been charged exactly $0.00 for being one. This is due to the fact that Yummy has not put out a significant update and his charging is based up every major game update. I am also a patron of Pandelo, and have not been charged for months. Basically ever since he went dark. So, I continue supporting him, because it is literally costing me nothing. This less to you, armion82, and more to those who are confused as to why we still support Pandelo.
You obviously are confused.I have said several times that Pandelo is not getting any money this year from patrons.
You must redirect your post to someone who is complaining about Pandelo getting money and not realeasing an update.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
You obviously are confused.I have said several times that Pandelo is not getting any money this year from patrons.
You must redirect your post to someone who is complaining about Pandelo getting money and not realeasing an update.

No, he was posting in support of your post, that's why he quoted you.

Why was this game abandoned it was so good and had so much potential in the story
I honestly can't believe there are still people coming here that don't know what happened/what the situation is.
Please read through one or two pages of this thread before this one, changes are that somebody already asked your question and got an answer.
In short, the game is currently in limbo, due to family matters, not officially abandoned (just by site rules), pandelo pauses payment for his patreon each month.

Amariithynar

Oct 26, 2017
In short, the game is currently in limbo, due to family matters, not officially abandoned (just by site rules), pandelo pauses payment for his patreon each month.
That makes no sense that it's marked as "Abandoned", then. There's an "On Hold" tag explicitly for situations just like this that should be used instead. It'd also stop the flood of people asking "Why was this abandoned" etc.

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016
That makes no sense that it's marked as "Abandoned", then. There's an "On Hold" tag explicitly for situations just like this that should be used instead. It'd also stop the flood of people asking "Why was this abandoned" etc.
Yeah, but the site rule is that if there is no news/ no communication from the dev, after a set period of time the game gets the abandoned tag.

Reactions: JRD

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
3 months of no dev contact gets it marked as abandoned.

As it stands life hit the dev hard. We don't know if he'll come back or not but that doesn't change site rules.

Amariithynar

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, but the site rule is that if there is no news/ no communication from the dev, after a set period of time the game gets the abandoned tag.
Considering the number of games I've seen posted back in 2017 (or older!) that still have their on hold tags listed, this feels like it's bogus. Like, here's Malice and the Machine. https://f95zone.to/threads/malise-and-the-machine-v0-0511-eromancer.530/ Posted back in 2016, still labelled [On Hold]. https://f95zone.to/threads/aylias-story-v0-11-yummytiger.2662/ YummyTiger's game (who was mentioned earlier in this thread, to boot!), listed as [On Hold]. Last Patreon post was February. https://f95zone.to/threads/grim-city-ch-1-v1-2-smersh.2963/ Smersh's Grim City, last mentioned anywhere I can find back in July 2018 on his twitter of all things, with the release of Chapter One; also [On Hold].

And then contrast https://f95zone.to/threads/zero-core-exile-v0-0-4-gillenew.36048/ which was just posted, and listed as [Abandoned], even though the dev has consistantly communicated continued interest in developing it, and that he hasn't abandoned it, only been without time to do so with the latest message regarding that being two months ago when he was excited to hopefully be able to begin working on it again (and as you can see in thread, I've had a similar argument on this point there, as well).

Usage of [Abandoned], [On Hold] and such aren't even covered in https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2019-03-24.10394/ either, so not sure where you're getting that it's a site rule.

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Usage of [Abandoned], [On Hold] and such aren't even covered in https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2019-03-24.10394/ either, so not sure where you're getting that it's a site rule.

From the mods
What Avaron wrote. I'm just telling you what I've seen posted by mods about the topic. I'm also not defending it, just passing it on.

Personally I think it would make more sense to look at the games on an individual base, not just when it comes to abandoned or on-hold, but also when it comes to completed.

There are so many games that were never really completed, but are listed as such because the dev said so.

4.60 star(s) 84 Votes