redle

Apr 12, 2017
Still, it felt pretty short, and I don't recall if I made it clear what I meant about that when I commented about your last update (what I also think most everybody means when they say it), so I'm gonna go ahead and do that here: People aren't referring to the renders or the amount of renders when they talk about your updates being short (they are many and gratuitous and we love that about your updates); what they're referring to is the amount of writing (the text itself). I wanted clarify that because I recall some back-and-forth here from members when bringing it up. "Good but short update!" "Short? There were over 400 renders" and so on... :coldsweat:
If I were describing the update I would be one of those calling it short. For me it would not be a text or render count comment. I play these things for the game aspect (yes, this is tagged VN which can often be more of a book than anything resembling a game, but this one doesn't suffer that issue). When I judge length, there are two main factors: one is how much time it takes me to make a single pass from the end of the previous version to end of new version; two is number of choices/game play elements that I encounter in that same single pass.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Playing through the beginning of the game again, I have one very, super serious criticism:

At the point when the mother suggests her daughter should learn cooking, and that men love when their girls know how to cook, "disagreeing" with that obvious truism is gives you points with daughter. Sadly I can't get myself to disagree, but that makes maxing points with daughter more difficult. Pls reconsider design choice here
You are missing the entire underlying context to this conversation. If you read between the lines the conversation goes something like this:
Emma: "You know, I've tried cooking and it just isn't me. I don't do it well. I don't enjoy doing it. I really have no interest in doing it."
Becca: "It doesn't matter if you like it or not. If you don't cook no man will ever want anything to do with you. You will die a bitter old spinster."

Is this a slightly over-the-top interpretation, perhaps, perhaps not. The conversation does certainly seem to lean more that way though then a simple generic claim that "males like to eat tasty food." Even if you 100% agree with the mother it is a clear case of a Mom telling a Daughter that she is wrong and needs to change her ways. No one likes to be told they are wrong (especially when it is an opinion about how they live their own life). And everyone likes to feel like someone has their back and supports them no matter what. Supporting her decision to not want to cook should absolutely give points.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
^agreeing with M on that matter is what a true gentleman would do. The loss of points can be survived, and it's coherent with both M and D changing

Reactions: Jaun Karr

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
You are missing the entire underlying context to this conversation. If you read between the lines the conversation goes something like this:
Emma: "You know, I've tried cooking and it just isn't me. I don't do it well. I don't enjoy doing it. I really have no interest in doing it."
Becca: "It doesn't matter if you like it or not. If you don't cook no man will ever want anything to do with you. You will die a bitter old spinster."

Is this a slightly over-the-top interpretation, perhaps, perhaps not. The conversation does certainly seem to lean more that way though then a simple generic claim that "males like to eat tasty food." Even if you 100% agree with the mother it is a clear case of a Mom telling a Daughter that she is wrong and needs to change her ways. No one likes to be told they are wrong (especially when it is an opinion about how they live their own life). And everyone likes to feel like someone has their back and supports them no matter what. Supporting her decision to not want to cook should absolutely give points.
Yeah, I know, I was being funny and intentionally obtuse. Obviously the nice thing (in the daughter's eyes) to say is that it doesn't matter.

Perhaps it could be phrased a little differently, though. Now, it's like "these days men don't care if women can cook, they want someone independent", which grinds my gears because everyone likes to live with someone who can cook. Would be better if he said "it's not that big of a deal, cooking is something you can learn eventually" or something.

Armorer

Oct 28, 2017
Picked this one up and played thru it with version 0.7. Nice game. UI is well designed and looks good (no hard to see utilitarian text as a example). Art and script is good. I like this one.

berny

Jun 8, 2017
About the cooking. You're not disagreeing that it's nice to know how to cook, you're diagreeing that it's a very important quality every woman needs to have in order to find a man.
It's totally normal for an independent young woman to think that way, and as a man I wholeheartedly agree with that. It's nice when a woman or anyone else knows how to cook, but there are so many more important qualities. I'm actually glad I live in the 21. century. I think there is nothing more boring than a woman whose only purpose it is to support her husband. Yes, that's a lot "reading between the lines", but this is how I understood that conversation. It's actually about feminism and the modern gender roles.

Edit: And now I'm hoping I didn't start a debate about men and women. We all know how fast that can escalate on the internet.

Edit2: To go back to topic. It really felt like a pretty short update compared to some older ones. But it was christmas so let's hope the next one will be bigger. I could live with less animations and pictures if there's more story progression.

Reactions: lordofevilcr

pleiades

Nov 27, 2017
It seems Pandelo reached his $2,500 goal on Patreon.

$2,500 – reached! per month
Long-term goal
I'll dedicate myself to working full time on the game, which means way more content for each update!
I don't know if we can expect much to come from this immediately, because he'll likely drop down a bit further into the month, and especially when the new month hits. But still, this is definitely groundbreaking news for this game and for Pandelo. :FeelsGoodMan::FeelsGoodMan::eazyHype:

Also, maybe the many people mentioning short playtime (myself included) per update, will be very satisfied if this leads to more content per update as he states. :biggrin::biggrin:

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
If this update gave us like 400 renders it won't really matter if Pandelo will go full-time or not cuz time isn't the only requirement. Usually 1 person isn't really able to render and implement more than 500 renders per month. At least MSN has some decent quality. Tho I hope it won't be rushed as during this update there were barely any non-erotic scenes.

john_jones21

Jun 24, 2017
Still, it felt pretty short, and I don't recall if I made it clear what I meant about that when I commented about your last update (what I also think most everybody means when they say it), so I'm gonna go ahead and do that here: People aren't referring to the renders or the amount of renders when they talk about your updates being short (they are many and gratuitous and we love that about your updates); what they're referring to is the amount of writing (the text itself). I wanted clarify that because I recall some back-and-forth here from members when bringing it up. "Good but short update!" "Short? There were over 400 renders" and so on... :coldsweat:
More plot/dialogue would be nice though when I think of the way some other games solve that problem such as DMD with endless pointless inner monologue I feel like short and sweet is best.

Great update and it's nice that the author has taken the time to establish the mother and daughter getting closer.

I have to admit I skipped everything work related. I already have a job and I don't know why so many games force me to deal with work stuff.

Reactions: Sharku and volto

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
More plot/dialogue would be nice though when I think of the way some other games solve that problem such as DMD with endless pointless inner monologue I feel like short and sweet is best.

Great update and it's nice that the author has taken the time to establish the mother and daughter getting closer.

I have to admit I skipped everything work related. I already have a job and I don't know why so many games force me to deal with work stuff.
Fine enviroment for relationship events when MC is an adult that adds to immersion. And it might also work as a plot device to introduce new characters. If Trevor will reappear he had to be introduced in some way.

blastwave2k

Jun 23, 2017
Oh man. That's a great dev. Things with D are settling down fast, and not so fast in other senses, and we've also gotten interesting scenes with M, one of more to come, hopefully. Pandelo's rendering is smart and efficient; the way he works out his models to get those face expressions... He's one of the best in those terms (if not already becoming the best). Both D and M have great models, specially D (in my opinion).
agreed with this completely. the facial expressions from D create some of the best and funniest moments of any game i've played. also helps that I love the models as well. i'll continue to follow this until the end =)

Reactions: Sharku

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
Tried it. Beautiful but it's always so so short.
I feel like the developer should save time by skipping non sexual animations like ass or breasts grabbing, they add little to nothing and aren't so beautiful to see at all.
The number of renders means little to me, they can be very complex or very simple or repetitive (like the usual first person kiss)

Dracorn

Aug 5, 2017
The walkthrough is strange, I didn't used it but I would check if I missed something and first you said we need 94 lp with daugther for waking upnext to her, that's not true I have 91 and I did wake up facing her. You said there is 42 lp with daughter but I count only 30 because you can't have the point for the daughter path and the mother path at the same time it's nonsense. And finally I finished this update with daugther 133 Lp 95 Fp and mom 140 Lp 51 Fp and I pretty sure I win all the points I could win and saw evrything for both paths can someone confirm me thoses scores if it's the maximum in the "both" path please?
This game is wonderfull but I don't understand ppl who want more characters, it's only more works for the dev and it's not the point in an incest game... never enough seriously? :p For once I would like to see a game staying constant and finish one day, so stay focus and keep the good work you're doing @Pandelo !

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
This game is wonderfull but I don't understand ppl who want more characters, it's only more works for the dev and it's not the point in an incest game... never enough seriously? :p For once I would like to see a game staying constant and finish one day, so stay focus and keep the good work you're doing @Pandelo !
Agree with you to some degree but this game is one of the few that are not incest themed:p

Reactions: Sharku
4.60 star(s) 85 Votes