larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Faerin Goes bonkers on 21:9 screens. Game stretches according the 2560 width, but assumes a 16:9 aspect ratio, so 1440 height. Also only shows whatever is in the pre-set 1920x1080 space. So for example, shows the disclaimer partially, black bars at the side with parts of the sentences missing (left and right), only shows the upper most pixels of the buttons. Doesn't fix in the main menu. Options are pointless (no resolution options?) and game seems to ignore whatever is in settings.ini
Remove the settings.ini file from the game folder and then try to run the game

Alleycat_2017

Sep 1, 2017
After playing and getting the fitness room in use, I loaded a save and the fitness room became unavailable. Riley is still in there but no guest access. Is that down to maintenance?

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
IMHO another thing it should be good to go for this game is to create faster animation.
I mean at the moment this game is a bit repetitive about managing the jobs and we need to switch from morning to afternoon to evening to night, can those animations be faster?
I'm talking for example about the "wheel of time" (the one at top mid of the screen) or the speed of satisfation bar (when the mansion will be grown to have multiple customers, it will be a lot time consuming watching everytime this bar for each job done)

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
After playing and getting the fitness room in use, I loaded a save and the fitness room became unavailable. Riley is still in there but no guest access. Is that down to maintenance?
No it shouldn't be can you provide your save so I can take a look

Meenapatush

Dec 9, 2019
You are playing a WIP so possible that old saves sometimes won't work. If you can't stand it then you shouldn't play games in development and better wait for the complete game released on Steam & Co.
That's an unfair comment to make, seeing as there are plenty of games that aren't a pain to start from scratch. This just wasn't one of them for me!

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
That's an unfair comment to make, seeing as there are plenty of games that aren't a pain to start from scratch. This just wasn't one of them for me!
It's a sandbox where the dev is still working out the systems. Expecting anything more than what we've been getting is naive.

Lukumoide

Jan 25, 2018
The game was recommended to me by my friend today. I finished it a few minutes ago. I have to admit it's refreshing to finally see something different. There were no problems, only the customers for Riley (fitness and sauna) can have a maximum of 55%, so Riley can't fail.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Faerin

Meenapatush

Dec 9, 2019
It's a sandbox where the dev is still working out the systems. Expecting anything more than what we've been getting is naive.
I except the premise regarding my naivety because I am very new to these games. Any games in fact, and like I said in the very first post I made regarding this, I wish the developer every success with the game, but starting a game again (Unless it holds my interest, and some do) I find tedious!
Just because I am new here, doesn't mean I'm not entitled to give my view though, right?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I except the premise regarding my naivety because I am very new to these games. Any games in fact, and like I said in the very first post I made regarding this, I wish the developer every success with the game, but starting a game again (Unless it holds my interest, and some do) I find tedious!
Just because I am new here, doesn't mean I'm not entitled to give my view though, right?
OK, let's assume you're not familiar with how the development process works.

It takes a lot of time to make games. Devs could take the years to make the game, not releasing anything, until the game is finished. But then nobody would pay them, and these devs make (or try to make) a decent monthly wage from Patreon, as supporters pledge to them. A few years with no releases would make this income stream dry up.

So, devs release their games in stages. In sandbox games (as opposed to pure visual novels), at the beginning the dev often has to set up how the sandbox works. That's the stage we're in right now.

It's perfectly fine if things are too early along in the development in this game for you. But do we honestly need to know that you're done playing it until it's more mature? What are you trying to accomplish with your feedback? Faerin isn't going to change his development plan because some new rando decides he doesn't want to play the barely started game.

Reactions: Faerin
4.00 star(s) 243 Votes