S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
I can understand that you guys want to protect the dev. But in my opininion there is not really a reason to keep the keys secret.
The keyfile does not really unlocked features (only cheatmenu, a few more row in that card thing). It hide alot of the lazyness of the developer. Why he put in content that will be playable in future version and lock it, he can also wait till he finish the feature.

Also the debugger for the stuff member. There is no need for that . DNSPY can do the same thing and everyone can get this tool.
In my opinion everybody should have the ability to fix bugs and not only the staff member and it is also my opinion that bugfixing is a work that the dev must be doing and not staff member.

But don't understand me wrong. Good game must be supported, that's why i support alot of dev's. But the dev must deliver also good game with enough bugtesting done. And like many other say in that thread: This forum is a good place for bugtesting and earning more follower for devs.

And now a few words to fearin: Your games are normally very good. But they have sometimes a big lag of content. Why you are
implement 3 other games modes that are unfinished instead of adding more story. Games live from the story and not from unfinished gameplay feature. Also your games have alot of grind in it. This is also not good for the player. It is not funny to grind for example 20 mins to see a new scene. Optimizing your game with fewer grind and gamemodes, also adding more story in every Update will add more paying patrons to your games. Later you can add more gamemode and hide it under the key protection, but now it not the right time in my opinion.
If you have really played the game you will know that other play mode aren't in place and are only placeholder for future development...
You can't expect that he can add a lot of contents in one shot, you know he develop the game by himself no one else that helping him to do the renders, create a story, create quests and so on...
...moreover how can you fix bugs? I can't do that myself that I'm a tester, let alone if anyone on a pirate site will tell to a developer how to fix his game code... are you serious?
The debugger key is meant to be not sent out except for testing phase, because people will create more problem by altering the variables inside the game, so they will ask for support for a problem that they have created.

Last edited:

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Bug 4.1.7 (it is near unplayable), used my old save
German translation I switched aso to english the same problems.

Some places you are stuck because you see nothing. No text and no girl for example sauna, kitchen and so on (near all working places) he go to it and then nothing (I don`t know if it is a scene from the girl there or the work quiz). You can only load a save and try again to play further.

I hope he change aso that you get more guest. At the moment it looks you can get max 2 at a time. And it take aso a lot of time when she works all time there that you get the next guest. You waste your mom a lot of time to get guests that your hotel is full.

Aso I hope he change the balance for example with my old save I had not enough money to pay all staff members (and the money I get after the week end). So I paid 3 members and try to get enough money to hire again the others. In this time "health" reach zero and all time some from them was ill so you must load all time again. It can`t be that the staff go so often ill when you have money problems and can`t hire all staff members.

I send the bug report to his discord channel so this above is only as info for other players.

Last edited:

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
If you have really played the game you will know that other play mode aren't in place and are only placeholder for future development...
Lol you have said the same thing as I only with different words . Unfinished content that are not playable and clickable are the same as placeholders.

You can't expect that he can add a lot of contents in one shot, you know he develop the game by himself no one else that helping him to do the renders, create a story, create quests and so on...
When he will more do less unnecessary grinding Quest and feature he had more time to do story and renders. What is the problem to write a Story instead of a mechanic that only is annoying. For example card mechanic . It is annoying as fuck, why not implement a card shop instead of that. Thats easier and he have more time for the story and render and quest.

...moreover how can you fix bugs? I can't do that myself that I'm a tester, let alone if anyone on a pirate site will tell to a developer how to fix his game code... are you serious?
The debugger key is meant to be not sent out except for testing phase, because people will create more problem by altering the variables inside the game, so they will ask for support for a problem that they have created.
You haven't use DNSPY i think. With that tool i was able to manipulate wages, needed experience, Names , mechanics and other things in the code . IF the devs will accept the bugfix or not is not my problem. But i can help other poeple with a bugfix.

Small example what dnspy can do:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obsidian01

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Well, I noticed one of the upgrades hasn't been done to the restaurant yet. There's only a seating area for one guest in the restaurant instead of two. Which explains why there's the message "No available facilities for these guests" showing for Denise Farrow. Now that you have the manor at level 2, and the funds to support it, you can add an additional seating area there. Hana can only be hired when the manor reaches level 4 in reputation. So you shouldn't be seeing her at all yet.
I think you completely misunderstood me. I only brought Hana up because my problem was similar to that persons problem, that being unable to check on Julia because the game automatically showed a check scene with another staff member instead. It wasn't about Hana, it was about Julia. Since then, it seems to be solved, I was able to progress with Julia after a third try.

ttant

May 7, 2017
In my opinion everybody should have the ability to fix bugs and not only the staff member and it is also my opinion that bugfixing is a work that the dev must be doing and not staff member.
I disagree on that part for two reasons :
* Not anyone is a tech savy and know their ways using debugging tools.
* It's better for the devs to fix it once for all (and the proper way) than everyone doing the same (or trying to) on its own.

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
I disagree on that part for two reasons :
* Not anyone is a tech savy and know their ways using debugging tools.
* It's better for the devs to fix it once for all (and the proper way) than everyone doing the same (or trying to) on its own.
I have the same opinion.Bugfixing must be done by the dev, other poeple can provide temp fixes. Instead of ability i mean opportunity . English is not my native language

Reactions: Obsidian01

Birdybird

May 25, 2017
Hey, first time ever posting here :D

I have a problem with upping the staff level of any staff member with the sauna and gym trait. Not a single guest wants to use these facilities. Am I doing something wrong or is it a known bug?

Ebashu

Mar 1, 2020
Why are you releasing a buggy update? I am running version of Mystwood Manor v0.3.0.6 game and all animations are working. I am running version of the game Mystwood Manor v0.4.1.7 - and the animations do not work, neither new nor old.
And yes, I activate option "play video" and "UI animations" - and nothing happens, there are no animations, the game freezes. In the game version Mystwood Manor v0.3.0.6. - everything is fine.
The more you make changes to the technical part, the more bugs in the game.

Last edited:

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Hey, first time ever posting here :D

I have a problem with upping the staff level of any staff member with the sauna and gym trait. Not a single guest wants to use these facilities. Am I doing something wrong or is it a known bug?
When you put Julia in the lobby there is a number in the top left, change it from 1 and the guest level will go up and guests will require other activities

Why are you releasing a buggy update? I am running version of Mystwood Manor v0.3.0.6 game and all animations are working. I am running version of the game Mystwood Manor v0.4.1.7 - and the animations do not work, neither new nor old. The more you make changes to the technical part, the more bugs in the game.
Could you upload your player log so we can taken a look

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I can understand that you guys want to protect the dev. But in my opininion there is not really a reason to keep the keys secret.
The keyfile does not really unlocked features (only cheatmenu, a few more row in that card thing). It hide alot of the lazyness of the developer. Why he put in content that will be playable in future version and lock it, he can also wait till he finish the feature.

Also the debugger for the stuff member. There is no need for that . DNSPY can do the same thing and everyone can get this tool.
In my opinion everybody should have the opportunity to fix bugs and not only the staff member and it is also my opinion that bugfixing is a work that the dev must be doing and not staff member.

But don't understand me wrong. Good game must be supported, that's why i support alot of dev's. But the dev must deliver also good game with enough bugtesting done. And like many other say in that thread: This forum is a good place for bugtesting and earning more follower for devs.

And now a few words to fearin: Your games are normally very good. But they have sometimes a big lag of content. Why you are implement 3 other games modes that are unfinished instead of adding more story. Games live from the story and not from unfinished gameplay feature. Also your games have alot of grind in it. This is also not good for the player. It is not funny to grind for example 20 mins to see a new scene. Optimizing your game with fewer grind and gamemodes, also adding more story in every Update will add more paying patrons to your games. Later you can add more gamemode and hide it under the key protection, but now it not the right time in my opinion.
Have you ever played MotH before its release on Steam? If you have, then you would have noticed there was a flag console that was added (similar to the debug console in MwM). It was meant as a way for us fix bugs that may occur during the game for one reason or another on the fly. The problem with that is people abused it as if it were a cheats console, which, as a result of messing with the wrong flags in the game, would cause more problems with their game than it would solve.

In turn, that made our work even more difficult because people had no idea what they were doing to the flags (which MotH relied upon to display the correct hints to allow you to progress in your game) and expected us to fix the problems which the players themselves created. If one flag or the girls stats were manually altered, it caused the wrong hint to appear (or the hints to disappear altogether) or caused certain scenes to lock, rendering the game unplayable. When that happened, players had to start over or with an earlier save because of it. The developer was then blamed for creating a "buggy game" as a result of their tinkering with things they shouldn't have been tinkering with.

This is why there were two separate keys made for MwM. One with cheats and no debug console for patrons and another key for staff that was not made available for patrons. If you've ever tried opening the save in Notepad, you'd notice it is encrypted for the very same reason. Even we don't have access to it.

Since MotH was finished, we (Faerin and the rest of us who help test and offer tech/game support for his games) agreed that should the debug key be made available on here or elsewhere, we would not be offering support for people who played around in the debugger abusing it as if it were a cheat console. On top of that, we have no way to verify whether or not people have the debug key and/or abused it because we would be questioning everyone thinking they have access to the debugger key and obviously, no one is going to admit it when they report a problem. So basically, you break it, you're on your own. It's not our fault you broke your game and we aren't responsible for cleaning up your mess. This is why the key is changed every month.... to prevent the same problems from happening all over again.

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Anymore content with mom? I feel like she hasn't received any updates since like the 2nd or 3rd update.
She hasn't had updates the last two updates, not counting bug fixes. However, she is still light years ahead of the other members, so it is only natural that she may go a bit slower.

Why are some People here so Pissed about Pirating a Game on a Pirate Site? You are all Hypocrites?
You do realize that not everybody on here is a pirate? Some devs (and their helpful elves) do not like their games being here but decided to go with the flow since they cannot stop it anyway. And Faerin's guys'n'gals (I think only guys, but what do I know?) offer exemplary service here, fixing broken saves, finding out user end problems preventing the way from running. Some professional games do not have this level of service. So I think it is more than okay that they once in a while remind everybody about the fact that for Faerin, this is also a business, and he likes to eat every once in a while, and the landlord likes to get paid as well.

And even within pirates, there are different groups. Some like to get the option for a "free trial" but will support projects they really like (buying the game off site, pledging a Patreon, that kind of thing), some don't care about others at all. Because apart from being a pirating site, this also is kind of a community site for people who like these kinds of games, and as within other communities will try to support one another within their means - which includes devs.

When he will more do less unnecessary grinding Quest and feature he had more time to do story and renders. What is the problem to write a Story instead of a mechanic that only is annoying. For example card mechanic . It is annoying as fuck, why not implement a card shop instead of that. Thats easier and he have more time for the story and render and quest.
Well, your opinion is perfectly fine. But maybe some players actually do like having an "annoying as fuck" mechanic and will wait for the story to be added later once the game works. After all, this game is the result of a supporters' poll about what Faerin should do next.

As for giving players tools to fiddle with their problems: experience has shown that many will do so quietly, but another big chunk of people will fail to do so, and then blame it on the dev and everybody else instead of realizing that you cannot enter fantasy values for variables without knowing what they mean and expect there to be no consequences. Look at some of the more complex (sandboxy, grindy) Ren'Py games and look how people are unhappy that they cannot fix everything within the console by just changing a flag, and somehow often that is not just the way it has to be (because depending on this flag so much other stuff already happened that you cannot just reset) but a lazy dev who doesn't know shit about coding, unlike me, who is a hugely genius programmer with all the best code lines, and just never happened to write a single game myself. So it's a trade off between helping those who can be helped and getting attacked every other day. With Faerin's games the route is "we will help you with everything you have, but won't let you spit on us if you're too stupid".

darko55

Feb 26, 2019
Why are you releasing a buggy update? I am running version of Mystwood Manor v0.3.0.6 game and all animations are working. I am running version of the game Mystwood Manor v0.4.1.7 - and the animations do not work, neither new nor old.
And yes, I activate option "play video" and "UI animations" - and nothing happens, there are no animations, the game freezes. In the game version Mystwood Manor v0.3.0.6. - everything is fine.
The more you make changes to the technical part, the more bugs in the game.
same for me!

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes