Survivor1000

Sep 23, 2017
Does anyone can provide a download with the CG's? I tried extracting pictures With the Assets Bundle Extractor but it did not work. I keep getting errors.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
You haven't use DNSPY i think. With that tool i was able to manipulate wages, needed experience, Names , mechanics and other things in the code . IF the devs will accept the bugfix or not is not my problem. But i can help other poeple with a bugfix.

Small example what dnspy can do:
You look like a guy capable to fix bugs or solve problems on your own, the majority of users on F95 on the other hand isn't capable of it. Alas, some users even don't know how to extract a compressed file and try to run the game through an archive.

The real pain in the ass begins when mods/modified Assembly-CSharp (DNSpy) files start to be shared on the internet. From F95 it goes to SVSComics from there to Fapnation and other websites and torrent trackers. A minor mistake in the mod, or a wrong change in the code, and people around the world start to blame the dev for a bug game without noticing it is their own mistake. Some of them will report their problem on Faerin's discord server. That's when the shit hits the fan. People like me, Larry, Sycho and our little helpers will start to dig into their reported issues only to hear later that they used an "unauthorized" mod or tried to change variables on their own, because they saw someone doing it in a forum/video etc.

In other words: Pulling a trigger is easy, but it doesn't mean to hand over a gun to everyone.

For us helpers it takes time to investigate a report, narrow it down and report the issue/bug to Faerin and let him fix them. The faster we are able to track down the issue the faster Faerin is able to release a bugfix and has more time to work on new content.

You wanna hear a secret? The worst players who come to Faerin's discord server are French speaking people! They are always rude, smoke all the time, eat frog leg and snails, and refuse to speak English! Literally the worst kind of people! :ROFLMAO:(Just kidding)
The second group are horny Arabs, who start to flirt with everyone who has a female profile pic. => True story! :sneaky:

When he will more do less unnecessary grinding Quest and feature he had more time to do story and renders. What is the problem to write a Story instead of a mechanic that only is annoying. For example card mechanic . It is annoying as fuck, why not implement a card shop instead of that. Thats easier and he have more time for the story and render and quest.
As you know the game is still a WIP and other game modes, with less "grinding", aren't develop yet. From a developing point it's always easier to add an easy-mode after finishing the hard-mode, because then, you have the full picture of the game and be able to see which part of your code don't work as intended and should be rewritten/improved.

Obsidian01

Modder
Jan 5, 2018
There's a reason the keys (including the debugger that is for us staff to fix bugs on the fly) aren't posted here, but you're too stupid to understand that, so I'm not going to bother giving you a reason for it.

*plonk*
If you have really played the game you will know that other play mode aren't in place and are only placeholder for future development...
You can't expect that he can add a lot of contents in one shot, you know he develop the game by himself no one else that helping him to do the renders, create a story, create quests and so on...
...moreover how can you fix bugs? I can't do that myself that I'm a tester, let alone if anyone on a pirate site will tell to a developer how to fix his game code... are you serious?
The debugger key is meant to be not sent out except for testing phase, because people will create more problem by altering the variables inside the game, so they will ask for support for a problem that they have created.
Yeah, Only you two Guys invented "The Progging". Surely as well only Sycho can Handle this Dangerous and Holy Dev Tools. Your some sort of Flying Unicorn Sycho? You have a well too snooty opinion about your Coding skills, Sir.

But im too Stupid to Understand that. Ive only asked some Questions, maybe in a too harsh meaning. If you would know what i do for a living you would be surprised. So, Peace? Im Sorry and will leave this thread alone and especially you, Mr Godlike Coding Skills.

The Funny thing is Exoplast said nearly the same thing as my opinion really is. So im not alone with my thoughts.

Cartageno I can Accept that. Youve understood me. And i would agree to your Post. And in some weird way i can understand the big differences in the Threads here. It seems to depend on the Game and Dev, i can also accept that.

boobthief

May 25, 2017
Does anyone can provide a download with the CG's? I tried extracting pictures With the Assets Bundle Extractor but it did not work. I keep getting errors.
AssetStudio worked for me - but I had to do another couple of steps.

Builds available here:

Here's what I did:
  1. Run AssetStudioGUI.exe
  2. File | Load Folder - select Mystwood Manor
  3. Asset List tab
  4. The CG are webp images, which AssetStudio doesn't appear to support (e.g. no preview), but the images are all there as type TextAsset so...
  5. Filter Type | Text Asset
  6. Select all, right-click Export selected assets
  7. Rename all the .bytes files to .webp files

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Fyi, i'm playing on a desktop pc, not a laptop. Config is : intel 8700k + 16 Gb ram. F:\ is a sata3 ssd drive.
Other unity3d game i played doesn't have such issue, expect "school, love & cousin", which hung from time to time. All others (like house party) just run fine.

Not sure to get what you ask for, as i have to translate it to french and "control panel" "display adapters" on google doesn't help.
Your screenshot helped me to determine that you don't have a dual video card setup, which can cause minor issues to occur, so thank you for that. Can you join us on Discord, please? I can help you better there in real-time so we can check a few things. Click the "Need help?" button from the main menu.

Thanks! :)

csmk14

Mar 12, 2020
This can happen if you have most of the cards of that tier... that doesn't mean that you have all the cards of that tier.
Remember that when you go to Isabella, there are cards that are rarer than others so it is harder to display them, so you have to try many times before seeing them.
You can always use more destiny points(tier 2 or tier 3) to pick up some new card, I don't think you have collected all the common cards for every tier yet.

So how player can known if you have all the cards for that tier? At the moment there isn't any solution yet, but Faerin knows about this problem and will do something in one of the next updates
I have the seer card(just need to keep it on lol) and only go to her when I can do 3 cards at a time! I am also max lvl staff and hotel, but i need certain cards to keep Sofia and her 80% satisfaction happy in every location and thus far I can maybe do 2/3 spots sauna and massage probably pool!

boobthief

May 25, 2017
I think Mystwood Manor is exceptionally good at providing a wide range of different but attractive characters. Seems like there's someone for everyone!

Hoping for content and progression for the ones I like but it's all good.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
I tend not to philosophize in game-specific threads, but...

I was an electrical engineer/software engineer earlier in my career and, while my sympathies lie with developers, I'm going to suggest that "Faerin" should do more in the way of QC testing because Mystwood Manor is a commercial product in development. It should be obvious, but the reason I state this is because Man of The House was released as a for-pay game on Steam and "Faerin" actively solicits support on Patreon.

There are hundreds of adult VNs that are supported through crowd-funding and 'patronage' systems, but many (perhaps most) of the developers of those VNs do so primarily to defray game-related costs or to allow fans to express their thanks and support. Man of The House and Mystwood Manor clearly don't fall into that category and are, quite appropriately, held to a higher standard than 'one-man-band working after their day-job' developers.

I support many developers, but there's only a few where I'm in a high enough tier to have access to pre-release builds and this VN isn't one of them. I can't say exactly how Mystwood Manor is tested, but many high-complexity games rely on patrons to do QC testing and I think that isn't sufficient. Developers are going to expect significant income from projects such as Mystwood Manor should have an internal QC plan and do most of the testing themselves, only relying on "beta testers" to give them the additional ecosystem exposure needed to find corner-cases and not rely on fans to do most, or all, of the testing. I know this might be difficult to do for single-developer projects but even they can, and should, test things better than I have seen discussed in threads here and on Discord.

No application is perfect, and it's unreasonable to expect perfection from anyone - especially some small team making a sex game - but some of the bugs mentioned lately seem to be things that could have been caught earlier and fewer bugs means fewer people offering to help 'fix' your game. Just my two cents...

devil_dante00

Jan 1, 2018
There is a problem for the default language to Spanish. When you open the game you will be left in the window with the image of the card that says "Done". Try to delete the file "settings.ini" and if it allows you to start the game but you have to configure the options of your profile again, you can put any language except Spanish. In short, whoever plays in Spanish will have that problem.
Error Mystwood Manor v0.4.1.7.jpg

Reactions: S3pHiroTh

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
I have the seer card(just need to keep it on lol) and only go to her when I can do 3 cards at a time! I am also max lvl staff and hotel, but i need certain cards to keep Sofia and her 80% satisfaction happy in every location and thus far I can maybe do 2/3 spots sauna and massage probably pool!
For sauna and gym the cards are tier 2, for pool if I remember correctly are tier 3.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
There is a problem for the default language to Spanish. When you open the game you will be left in the window with the image of the card that says "Done". Try to delete the file "settings.ini" and if it allows you to start the game but you have to configure the options of your profile again, you can put any language except Spanish. In short, whoever plays in Spanish will have that problem.
View attachment 1011258
Yes, Faerin is aware of that and is looking into the problem to be corrected.

AJSHR

Jan 12, 2019
I tend not to philosophize in game-specific threads, but...

I was an electrical engineer/software engineer earlier in my career and, while my sympathies lie with developers, I'm going to suggest that "Faerin" should do more in the way of QC testing because Mystwood Manor is a commercial product in development. It should be obvious, but the reason I state this is because Man of The House was released as a for-pay game on Steam and "Faerin" actively solicits support on Patreon.

There are hundreds of adult VNs that are supported through crowd-funding and 'patronage' systems, but many (perhaps most) of the developers of those VNs do so primarily to defray game-related costs or to allow fans to express their thanks and support. Man of The House and Mystwood Manor clearly don't fall into that category and are, quite appropriately, held to a higher standard than 'one-man-band working after their day-job' developers.

I support many developers, but there's only a few where I'm in a high enough tier to have access to pre-release builds and this VN isn't one of them. I can't say exactly how Mystwood Manor is tested, but many high-complexity games rely on patrons to do QC testing and I think that isn't sufficient. Developers are going to expect significant income from projects such as Mystwood Manor should have an internal QC plan and do most of the testing themselves, only relying on "beta testers" to give them the additional ecosystem exposure needed to find corner-cases and not rely on fans to do most, or all, of the testing. I know this might be difficult to do for single-developer projects but even they can, and should, test things better than I have seen discussed in threads here and on Discord.

No application is perfect, and it's unreasonable to expect perfection from anyone - especially some small team making a sex game - but some of the bugs mentioned lately seem to be things that could have been caught earlier and fewer bugs means fewer people offering to help 'fix' your game. Just my two cents...
Your thinking is solely based on the software development lifecycle. These games are not released as AAA games or any other software where version upgrade takes a high amount of dedication and upgrades. If this type of games followed any of the software development lifecycles then yes QC tester are vital part but these games are just played as developer decides to updates or add new scenes to the story. There are not first stage beta development nor final build development they release the games and users reports back if any problem is encounter. These type of life cycles helps the developer to generate revenue as they continue to work on their project.
And I believe Farien released the previous game on steam only after it was fully developed not while it was on the development phase so QC was not needed at all since it was a final build.

(I have forgotten most of the software development lifecycles since my current workplace disregarded it after clients started to give random requirement out of nowhere so I forgot lots of the process it should follow.)

Ebashu

Mar 1, 2020
Could you please post your player log
This crap appears in Mystwood Manor v0.4.1.7

WindowsVideoMedia error 0xc00d36b4 while reading archive:/CAB-c348015cbbe4e782428a64b108539ee7/CAB-c348015cbbe4e782428a64b108539ee7.resource
Context: Setting media type for first video stream
Error details: <Empty>
Track types:
Video Track [1920 x 1080], type: H264
(Filename: Line: 3648)

Skelever

Jun 26, 2020
You wanna hear a secret? The worst players who come to Faerin's discord server are French speaking people! They are always rude, smoke all the time, eat frog leg and snails, and refuse to speak English! Literally the worst kind of people! :ROFLMAO:(Just kidding)
I'm french and this is the truth, we're so rude against each other in general and we suck at english or some people think that everyone speak french lmao (except frogs we never eat that :ROFLMAO:)

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017

WindowsVideoMedia error 0xc00d36b4 while reading archive:/CAB-c348015cbbe4e782428a64b108539ee7/CAB-c348015cbbe4e782428a64b108539ee7.resource
Track types:
Unfortunately the "crap" as you speak is the low-end graphic card you have installed in your PC which has less than 2GB which we already know that some video don't start and the driver you installed that is far beyond that up to date.
We are working to fix the problem that unity videoplayer isn't capable of playing video with low-end graphic cards and with Win7.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018

Track types:
We looked at your log and one thing we noticed is that your drivers are out of date for your GPU could you update your drivers to the latest version and try again if it fails please post another log thanks
Here's a link to the latest driver for your card

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes