Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Hi, sorry, thanks for the game. How do I unlock this 4th character? I have explore the manor many times but still can't unlock this. My hotel is Level 4 now.
IIRC, she is unlocked by exploring the manor in the morning. Maybe you only did afternoons/evenings? Or there's a bug, in which case one of the elfs might ask you for your save to repair it.

Reactions: daim2604

Aksayuk

Aug 17, 2019
Does this visual novel have incest Love interest or is it another VN where incest was just added to get more players to support the novel.

BM2.gif summers goneSig_by_Yuno_Gasai.gif

daim2604

Dec 16, 2018
IIRC, she is unlocked by exploring the manor in the morning. Maybe you only did afternoons/evenings? Or there's a bug, in which case one of the elfs might ask you for your save to repair it.
Thanks for the reply sir. I did explore in the morning and afternoon, but still not working. nothing happen.
I have attached my save file, if its going to help.

Thanks again in advance. Appreciate all the help!

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Does this visual novel have incest Love interest or is it another VN where incest was just added to get more players to support the novel.
I don't really get what you're getting at. "Why" there is incest in the game, only Faerin knows, whether it is for a good story or for dollars.

By the way, this is not a VN but a management game, just in case that is important to you.

GameSon

May 3, 2017
Hi..emmm, I have a weird experience playing this game.

First, I downloaded the latest version and extracted it. The game worked fine. Then, I stopped playing and exited the game.

Now, here's come the weird part: when I tried to open the game, it showed until the menu screen. I could click and run save-files.

But then, the game suddenly crashed and showing error-message that it needs to close.

I tried reinstalling, redownloading and installing again, but the same problem emerges: first run is okay, but the game always crashed for the second run (after exiting the game not the first time I tried running it.).

This may be nothing, but when I look at the files, the game has UnityCrashHandler32 file, and when I compare with other games using the same engine, they have UnityCrashHandler64 file (I run on Win 7 64-bit and other games with 64-file work fine with me).

So, naturally, I tried to experience a bit by replacing the CrashHandler32 with 64 (I copy-paste from another game)...but to no avail a.k.a. the game still crashed on second run.

Ohh, I experience the crash using incest-mapping and not using the mapping file.

So, any suggestion? Thanks beforehand though.

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
Thanks for the reply sir. I did explore in the morning and afternoon, but still not working. nothing happen.
I have attached my save file, if its going to help.

Thanks again in advance. Appreciate all the help!
I have fixed your save, but I don't know what it was happening.
Right click on the file below than rename the file in data_7.sav (this forum adds some other characters to the save) then replace the one you have posted here.
So you will have Riley.

Reactions: daim2604

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
Hi..emmm, I have a weird experience playing this game.

First, I downloaded the latest version and extracted it. The game worked fine. Then, I stopped playing and exited the game.

Now, here's come the weird part: when I tried to open the game, it showed until the menu screen. I could click and run save-files.

But then, the game suddenly crashed and showing error-message that it needs to close.

I tried reinstalling, redownloading and installing again, but the same problem emerges: first run is okay, but the game always crashed for the second run (after exiting the game not the first time I tried running it.).

This may be nothing, but when I look at the files, the game has UnityCrashHandler32 file, and when I compare with other games using the same engine, they have UnityCrashHandler64 file (I run on Win 7 64-bit and other games with 64-file work fine with me).

So, naturally, I tried to experience a bit by replacing the CrashHandler32 with 64 (I copy-paste from another game)...but to no avail a.k.a. the game still crashed on second run.

Ohh, I experience the crash using incest-mapping and not using the mapping file.

So, any suggestion? Thanks beforehand though.
The game is a 32bit one not 64, you need to install Visual C++ Runtime like you can read from instruction in OP.
Also here in attach the latest FAQ that Sycho has written, check if you have installed one of the program mentioned at the 4th question, otherwise please post the Player.log found in this path and post it here (post the file and not its content)
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor

daim2604

Dec 16, 2018
I have fixed your save, but I don't know what it was happening.
Right click on the file below than rename the file in data_7.sav (this forum adds some other characters to the save) then replace the one you have posted here.
So you will have Riley.
Thanks a lot sir for the help. I really appreciate it! Thanks thanks thanks!!

Reactions: S3pHiroTh

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
Really liking this game, but it also has some tedious aspects to it. One in particular that takes away from the enjoyment of the game, that I think can have a very easy to implement solution.

The tedious aspect is in the hint system of what to do next. The problem with it is that it requires you to constantly check each separate characters menu over and over again to see how to progress and also requires you to memorize them since you can almost never do them right then and there. The result is that if you want to make progress, you basically need to go into every characters menu each day or multiple times a day to recheck what you need to do. This really slows down the pace of the game and is just unpleasant.

A very simple and effective solution would be a list/menu (maybe a hotel To-Do list for the MC to go with the flavor of the game) that summarizes everything in one location. At the very least it can have what to do next with each character. But if you wanted to go even further, it can have current skill levels as well.

Having all this information at a glance without having to surf through all of the menus constantly would be really handy and cut down on the most tedious part of the game.

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
The game is a 32bit one not 64, you need to install Visual C++ Runtime like you can read from instruction in OP.
Also here in attach the latest FAQ that Sycho has written, check if you have installed one of the program mentioned at the 4th question, otherwise please post the Player.log found in this path and post it here (post the file and not its content)
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor
I have added your attachment to the General Troubleshoot. Hope that's ok.

Reactions: Obsidian01

Obsidian01

Modder
Jan 5, 2018
You could have just report his post to be added to OP. Then it would be easier to point users to it. ;)
So ive tried not to be the "Bad" person here but you cold_arctus and Sycho are trying hard to win the "Annoying" Forum Member award. What do you think how this Post got on Page 1? And you know there is also a Sharing Button?

You are complaining too fast. And why is Sycho Ignoring me? So he added the Laughing Smiley to humble me? I think that he thinks that he is better than me and doesnt have to respect anyone from who he thinks is not worth his time. Disgusting behavior from both of you! I hope that Karma will fuck both of you with very bad things.

So now you are using it. Its not so bad at all? ^^

To anyone else. No hate and everyone in this thread really need to Chill and Fap. We all want to enjoy Sexy Games here ^^

well-looks-like-we-winner-meme.jpg

Reactions: Tearil

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Happy Wednesday...

Kudos Faerin for the new inventory screen. That change pretty much read my mind, and it makes organization a lot easier.

Also, a shout out to Sycho, cold_arctus and S3pHiroTh. Having done some tech support for my product using only phone and file transfer, I think they do a great job of responding to, and assisting with, a wide array of issues and 98.6% of the time do it with a smile. Totally scientific tests were done to arrive at that number.

Now what's going to get me in trouble:
I have two leaps of faith I'm having trouble with in the game right now:

1) Richard's change of heart. He helps your family get the Manor, but then starts treating you like he does when you visit for the study? What's going on there? It seems way too convenient. I'm sure there's more story there, but it just seems like it will fly in the face of the original premise in the introduction.

2) Where does the food come from for the kitchen? We're never charged for supplies.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
1) Richard's change of heart. He helps your family get the Manor, but then starts treating you like he does when you visit for the study? What's going on there? It seems way too convenient. I'm sure there's more story there, but it just seems like it will fly in the face of the original premise in the introduction.

2) Where does the food come from for the kitchen? We're never charged for supplies.
Not answering in any capacity, just how I understood it so far:

1) He's running his own scheme. I have no idea why, nor how. He's not as nice as it seems. He's the "business partner" the hero meets after 20 minutes in the movie, nice guy, portrayed as an ally, but you know something is going on, he's not like he seems and has his own agenda. What is it? Well, that's what I watch the movie for, it will tell me. I have one and a half half baked suspicions which would be on a pretty low level, but maybe it's more than that.

2) This is a good question. However, the same question can come up in other games as well. You cannot account for everything that costs money. What about taxes, insurances, electricity bills etc.? And it's not only food, it's clothing, detergents, stuff needed for the rooms. So far I mostly see it as more convenient to not go into too much detail - although I also wouldn't mind a weekly general sum being taken out of your account for all that.

Reactions: Faerin

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Happy Wednesday...

Kudos Faerin for the new inventory screen. That change pretty much read my mind, and it makes organization a lot easier.

Also, a shout out to Sycho, cold_arctus and S3pHiroTh. Having done some tech support for my product using only phone and file transfer, I think they do a great job of responding to, and assisting with, a wide array of issues and 98.6% of the time do it with a smile. Totally scientific tests were done to arrive at that number.

Now what's going to get me in trouble:
I have two leaps of faith I'm having trouble with in the game right now:

Thank you for the kind words. :)

Yes, tech support can be a little dicey considering that varies from system to system. So what might work for some might not work for others... YMMV. I've personally been known to spend hours (on one occasion, close to 6) in DM with a player. I know most might think it's "too long", but honestly they're very patient about it, which I appreciate greatly.

Most of the time when I discover a workaround for the tech issues (crashes/black screen/not loading, etc..) it's done with the help of some very cool people who are willing to help test an idea or theory I might have for some issues. A small few even come to me in DMs if they get bored and let me know of something they discovered on their own (case in point, the Citrix workaround). Others are, sadly, trial by error or doing research on the issue at hand. And so I include that in the FAQ in case we ever come across it again later down the road.

As far as points 1 & 2, I'm not really sure what Faerin has planned for that, if at all. He's never mentioned and it's never come up in conversation. So he may or may not include something with that in mind at some point, but don't quote me on that as it's not written in stone and I could be way off. lol

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Not answering in any capacity, just how I understood it so far:

1) He's running his own scheme. I have no idea why, nor how. He's not as nice as it seems. He's the "business partner" the hero meets after 20 minutes in the movie, nice guy, portrayed as an ally, but you know something is going on, he's not like he seems and has his own agenda. What is it? Well, that's what I watch the movie for, it will tell me. I have one and a half half baked suspicions which would be on a pretty low level, but maybe it's more than that.

2) This is a good question. However, the same question can come up in other games as well. You cannot account for everything that costs money. What about taxes, insurances, electricity bills etc.? And it's not only food, it's clothing, detergents, stuff needed for the rooms. So far I mostly see it as more convenient to not go into too much detail - although I also wouldn't mind a weekly general sum being taken out of your account for all that.
1) The Mist is visiting the Stag and Queen as well? And Libby didn't call out for Richard? :unsure:

2) Same general concept. We don't even have mortgage payments that we were making before the story took off...

Sorry one last thing - I know the Map is still in flux, but the Cave and Well being random events seems silly to me. If you know where they are, they should be visitable on-demand. While we know not to go back to the Cave quite yet, what if over-use of the well wound up COSTING you points for being too Green/Red/Blue sister-like greedy? That'll teach you!

EDIT: One last question (and sorry for the late edit): When you use "The Wicked" on a character in the study, they still lose energy (25). Is this expected?

*snip* YMMV. *snip*
For you, I think this means "your mileage may vary"... But for Arctus, I think it means "Your Mac May Vary"...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
1) The Mist is visiting the Stag and Queen as well? And Libby didn't call out for Richard? :unsure:

2) Same general concept. We don't even have mortgage payments that we were making before the story took off...

Sorry one last thing - I know the Map is still in flux, but the Cave and Well being random events seems silly to me. If you know where they are, they should be visitable on-demand. While we know not to go back to the Cave quite yet, what if over-use of the well wound up COSTING you points for being too Green/Red/Blue sister-like greedy? That'll teach you!

For you, I think this means "your mileage may vary"... But for Arctus, I think it means "Your Mac May Vary"...
One of these days I'm going to teach him to hate Windows as much as I do. I may not live long enough to see it (early 50's), but dammit, I'm going to try. :ROFLMAO:

YoRHa_A2

Aug 6, 2017
I am still facing the black screen issue.
Had to upgrade to windows 10, but still...

I made sure I followed every solution that was provided in this thread regarding this issue. I made a fresh Windows 10 installation with all the necessary frameworks and Microsoft visual runs and with the latest updated drivers and all that stuff and I still can not get past the black screen.
is there a hope for me to run this game or should I just quit trying? I'll upload the log files for you guys!
Whenever I try to run the game there's nothing to be shown but black, I can hear the audio and I can click on the screen and hear my clicks. So it's just a visual issue, I am assuming.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I am still facing the black screen issue.
Had to upgrade to windows 10, but still...

I made sure I followed every solution that was provided in this thread regarding this issue. I made a fresh Windows 10 installation with all the necessary frameworks and Microsoft visual runs and with the latest updated drivers and all that stuff and I still can not get past the black screen.
is there a hope for me to run this game or should I just quit trying? I'll upload the log files for you guys!
Whenever I try to run the game there's nothing to be shown but black, I can hear the audio and I can click on the screen and hear my clicks. So it's just a visual issue, I am assuming.
There is one issue that I'm seeing in the player log you provided. I believe it's the path to the game that's the issue (read/write permissions).
3/4/2021 4:17:26 AM: Could not find file "F:\Users\Bad Kid\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Mystwood_Manor_v0.4.2.8\Mystwood Manor v0.4.2.8\profile\history.txt"
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)
Try moving the game's "Mystwood Manor" folder into root (C:\ so that it's C:\Mystwood Manor v0.4.2.8). Please let me know if that works and if not, there is one more thing you can try.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
So ive tried not to be the "Bad" person here but you @cold_arctus and @Sycho are trying hard to win the "Annoying" Forum Member award. What do you think how this Post got on Page 1? And you know there is also a Sharing Button?
Because I reported his post and told F95's mods to add it on OP? You don't believe me, then go and ask a mod to show you my report message.

Really not sure what your problem is, but you seem to be an annoying prick who likes to play the "victim card" with your passive-aggressive bullshit. Therefore, cut the crap and stay on topic or I will ask a mod to remove your little drama messages for being off-topic.
So now you are using it. Its not so bad at all? ^^
Did I mention anywhere that his post was a bad thing? No.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 243 Votes