TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
No I don't think so I already extracted it twice to be sure and the same problem happens
Where did you extract it to? That could also be a problem.

Try extracting it to a new location, that is not a system folder like the desk top or the documents folder or something.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
No I don't think so I already extracted it twice to be sure and the same problem happens
I just did a quick test of the intro and I'm not seeing any issues. What program did you use to extract the files with?

Reactions: TheDevian

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I really enjoyed this update as it has set up a very event for future updates.
great update,thanks

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I used winrar and had no issue. Just finished the update & not encountered any problems.
It could possibly be the version, too. I have older copies of both WinRAR (v3.50) and WinZip (8.1 SR 1). While they work for some files, they don't work for all of them. And so I fall back on 7-Zip in those instances. I can verify neither my versions of WinZip or WinRAR will work for extracting MwM or MotH.

jmcronshaw

Apr 19, 2020
Maybe players need more money to pay their staff, renovate/upgrade rooms?
i suppose.
Not super hard to make money though. I have a ridiculous surplus and i haven't even really even had level 4 guests yet.
I mean people can do whatever they want, not really judging per se and i use cheats in other games, it just seems strange to me

Reactions: Evangelion-01

SkyLord2018

Apr 29, 2018
You are the only person to mention consoles.
All of the games I mentioned were available on home computers: Spectrum 48k/128k, C64, Atari ST, etc. Loading from tapes.
You're wrong about there being no console games in 1980, too. The first console was the Magnavox Odyssey in the early 70's.
Still, you are the only one who mentioned consoles.

You said that you were losing $18,339 per day.
My total staff bill is $4,350 per week.
I get $4,800 for a 2 night stay, from a 2 star guest.
1 guest, staying for 2 days, is enough to cover my whole staff cost for the week & leave me in profit.
How the hell are you losing $18k per day?

Any expenditure on one-time expenses - rooms & room upgrades, etc. - cannot be undertaken until you have saved up enough money for the cost of the item.
In order to save money, you must be generating a profit.
If I start off in the red, but generate higher income than expenditure (which you do), every time that I get paid, I move closer to being in the black by my profit margin.
The 2* guest staying for 2 nights is enough to cover my weekly wage expenses & leaves me with $450 profit.
Every other guest, from that point on, is generating profit, not loss.

So, for the sake of example, let's just say all 4 rooms have this same guest.
2 night stay = 3.5 visits per week.
3.5 x $4,800 x 4 rooms = $67,200 per week
-$4,350 for staff costs = $62,850 profit.
/7 = $8,978 profit per day.
So, I ask again, how can you possibly be operating at minus $18,339 per day?

It's not operating at but a deficit amount. I'll give you a short 7 day example. Like I said in the beginning, you start out using your own money of 50k. Which is fine but you do not truly make a profit until you are not operating on you initial money. So:

Day 1 -50k Lobby -7,200 Kitchen -18,500 Day 2 Housekeeping -3,950 Day 3 Bar -16,200

This come to -90,250 with 1 guest staying at 4k for 2 nights and 1 staff at -250 gives you a daily deficit of -12,357
This is the first 7 days of the game. Figures will be different pending the version your playing. The principle is the same.
In time you will recoup your investment and be purely operating on Manor profit. As I stated, it all depends how you choose to play and I chose to play it as real. The game doesn't do this so I created a spreadsheet of all expenses & income.

In my openion, the game should have a bank (if nothing else a bank icon where you borrow money) instead of a money cheat. After all it is suppose to be a simulator game. Thank you

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I just upgraded to 4.3 and I'm having problems with Kay. The tip says "Check on her when she's resting(requires Julia to be resting and at least staff level 3)".

Julia is currently maxed out for me(no cheating, just a lot of playing prior to this patch). I've gone through all of Julia's content and both of them have been resting. I've tried every time of day and night, I've tried visiting both Kay and Julia while both are resting and I haven't been able to trigger the scene. Any help?
That's literally all you have to do.
Have both girls not assigned to a job/room, then choose to visit Kay when you progress the time with the play button.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
i suppose.
Not super hard to make money though. I have a ridiculous surplus and i haven't even really even had level 4 guests yet.
I mean people can do whatever they want, not really judging per se and i use cheats in other games, it just seems strange to me
Oh I agree, if you have an understanding of what you're doing. Before Faerin implemented the cheat console and long before level 3 was added, I'd take on level 1 guests until I had Amber and Julia leveled up and ready for level 2 guests. By then, I had a nice chunk of change ready for a few upgrades and just repeated the process with level ones until they were ready to handle the level twos.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes