cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
You’re right, animations don’t work. :D
Strange. Animations crash now for me too. I remember they worked with my old Wine version. Right now I'm on 6.10-staging.

Either it is the AVPro video plugin or Wine causing the problem. :unsure:

But right now I'm too lazy to downgrade and try older Wine builds.

Reactions: TheDevian

JiiEf

Aug 1, 2019
Strange. Animations crash now for me too. I remember they worked with my old Wine version. Right now I'm on 6.10-staging.

Either it is the AVPro video plugin or Wine causing the problem. :unsure:

But right now I'm too lazy to downgrade and try older Wine builds.
For the record, I grabbed the Crossover free trial and it looks exactly the same as my wine install did prior to installing the winetricks stuff (animations crash, no tooltips). Should I just ditch Crossover or is there something I could try with it to get the whole thing to run? :)

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
For the record, I grabbed the Crossover free trial and it looks exactly the same as my wine install did prior to installing the winetricks stuff (animations crash, no tooltips). Should I just ditch Crossover or is there something I could try with it to get the whole thing to run? :)
Ditch Crossover. Wine is build on Crossover, means Crossover use newer features and codes which will be added to Wine later.

JiiEf
Update on Wine and animation: I tried Man of the House wit the latest Wine version and animations no longer work (they worked with an older version of Wine). I think it has something to do with quartz.dll and a newer version of Wine.

Last edited:
Reactions: JiiEf

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Are there any issues starting the latest update v5??? I run the file and it loads a screen - loading assets with the card spining in the center but it seems to be there forever

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
have smne have saves from the game were its finished was having to reinstall and now the saves are gone
Saves are stored in the game's installation folder.
Mystwood Manor v0.44\profile\
Don't delete that "profile" folder if you want to keep your saves.
Extract v0.50 to a new folder.
Copy the "profile" folder, from the old version, to the new.

BIMBO21

Jul 25, 2018
yeah but the problem is i installed 0.5.0 and not 0.4.0 again. i watched in profile before there was nothing. Just 1 save and that was from the tutorial ;(

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
yeah but the problem is i installed 0.5.0 and not 0.4.0 again. i watched in profile before there was nothing. Just 1 save and that was from the tutorial ;(
Inside the profile folder you should have 2 files: settings & history.
You should also have another folder with your username.
e.g. Mystwood Manor\profile\whichone\
Inside there are the saves.

Short answer is don't delete the profile folder.

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
Are there any issues starting the latest update v5??? I run the file and it loads a screen - loading assets with the card spining in the center but it seems to be there forever
This issue happens because you have modded the game

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
This issue happens because you have modded the game
Actually it wasn't modified, and I found the problem, I had it under several layers of folders within each other, I moved it up to the main folder and voila it worked - but thanks for the response

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Actually it wasn't modified, and I found the problem, I had it under several layers of folders within each other, I moved it up to the main folder and voila it worked - but thanks for the response
Sorry, but I have to ask: How?
Personally, I have a folder titled Games.
I store my games there.
When I've finished a game, for RenPy I delete everything except for the game\saves folder.
For this game, I can delete everything except for the profile folder.
When a new version comes out, I download the zipped archive & then just right click and Extract here.
Then copy the saves folder from the old version's folder, to the new one's.
Then delete the (now empty) old one, completely.

How did you end up with the game being multiple layers of folder deep?
I honestly do not understand how this is possible, without choosing to.
Even then, where do all the other sub-folders appear from?

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
How did you end up with the game being multiple layers of folder deep?
I honestly do not understand how this is possible, without choosing to.
Even then, where do all the other sub-folders appear from?
He writes poems at every single folder he creates... that's why
seriously for having this kind of issue he must have more than 255 characters counting all paths from root... really?
I can understand strange characters like japanese/chinese ones... but other than that is hard to have such problem...

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
He writes poems at every single folder he creates... that's why
seriously for having this kind of issue he must have more than 255 characters counting all paths from root... really?
I can understand strange characters like japanese/chinese ones... but other than that is hard to have such problem...
lol well, either way, whatever the cause, it's definitely user error, not program error. (y)

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes