cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi guys, my pc went off during the sex scene with julia. Did anyone had the same problem? how did you deal with it please? I know its late to ask. Sorry
nozu the game tried to freeze up on me during that scene. though i was just running on high and windowed.
Without posting your player log file the team can't help you with that.

The file is stored in your user's hidden "AppData/LocalLow/Faerin Games" folder. Either post the log file as text file (.txt) or put it into an archive file (zip,rar) before uploading here.

Terut

Nov 16, 2017
Is there no way to change the MCs name, or did I miss something?

If there's no way, please PLEASE developer PLEASE include a name changer. I put hours into this game, but lost my save because of a harddrive death.

I'm really not willing to put hours more redoing what I already did, and I can't download somebody else's save without being forced to use their name. Please let us change the MC's name.

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
Is there no way to change the MCs name, or did I miss something?

If there's no way, please PLEASE developer PLEASE include a name changer. I put hours into this game, but lost my save because of a harddrive death.

I'm really not willing to put hours more redoing what I already did, and I can't download somebody else's save without being forced to use their name. Please let us change the MC's name.
You can't change MC's name at the moment and I don't think that this will be implemented because it is unnecessary.

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
Fun game. Pretty to look at, surprisingly addictive, with good looking women and just the right amount of humour.

One request, if I may: might it be possible to skip a scene midway through? I'm not averse to the camera lingering lovingly on Amber's boobs, but I'd sooner not pay the same attention to the protagonist's John Tomas.

That aside, it's a lot of fun, and a worthy successor to Man of the House. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Faerin

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Hey guys,

Reading about balancing issues/the grind: as discussed during the last update, I think the current difficulty level is more fitting for hard than it is for normal mode. So once the main content is finished and I start implementing the other difficulty modes, I will do some rebalancing. Also, mechanics like Amanda, the office, cards, items and traits, etc. will be updated to fit the difficulty mode(s).

My aim is to not make the game feel grindy, but still include the possibility to "grind" for the people that enjoy it. That's why I wanted to add multiple difficulty levels in the first place.

I still haven't decided 100% on how I will do this and how I will implement the story mode (e.g. auto placement of staff and/or renovations or just skip the management altogether), but if any of you like to give feedback on what you would like to see rebalanced/added/changed to make it more enjoyable, just know that I read all suggestions and take them into consideration.

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Fun game. Pretty to look at, surprisingly addictive, with good looking women and just the right amount of humour.

One request, if I may: might it be possible to skip a scene midway through? I'm not averse to the camera lingering lovingly on Amber's boobs, but I'd sooner not pay the same attention to the protagonist's John Tomas.

That aside, it's a lot of fun, and a worthy successor to Man of the House. Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the feedback!
You can hold ctrl to skip through (part of) the scenes, if you have enabled "check unseen" in the settings.

Reactions: Michel Mak

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
For difficulty modes I'd personally just up money, fame, destiny and exp gained, and maybe lower guest satisfaction requirements and work tiredness. At the most allow some extra failures before they leave without paying. I wouldn't fiddle around with anything too fundamental; that's just a recipe for extra bugs.

btw, I'm not sure it actually had anything to do with skipping, but playing the latest update I got twice or thrice stuck in a scene if I held down CTRL. Essentially at the end of it the game just didn't transition out, but it hadn't crashed or anything; I could still click the auto/hide buttons (not that that did anything at that point). Reloading and doing the scene again seemed to fix the problem. Never got it to repeat the issue.

Reactions: Faerin

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Hey guys,

Reading about balancing issues/the grind: as discussed during the last update, I think the current difficulty level is more fitting for hard than it is for normal mode. So once the main content is finished and I start implementing the other difficulty modes, I will do some rebalancing. Also, mechanics like Amanda, the office, cards, items and traits, etc. will be updated to fit the difficulty mode(s).

My aim is to not make the game feel grindy, but still include the possibility to "grind" for the people that enjoy it. That's why I wanted to add multiple difficulty levels in the first place.

I still haven't decided 100% on how I will do this and how I will implement the story mode (e.g. auto placement of staff and/or renovations or just skip the management altogether), but if any of you like to give feedback on what you would like to see rebalanced/added/changed to make it more enjoyable, just know that I read all suggestions and take them into consideration.
How about renaming the MC, if you used someones ellses saves ?????

Reactions: sidiouspein

homerj30

Sep 14, 2020
cold_arctus just responding to a previous post, just saying it was a bit glitchy n tried to freeze up. my pc's seen better days

Faerin deff need another employee to cover the Concierge position, along with the pool, n maybe a maid for house keeping. it was the first time i've been hit with a room being shut down. note i had 4 guests at the time.

Reactions: Taallonn

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
In which directory do I find the saved games?
Look in the game's "profile" folder. There's a sub-folder with the MC's name that will have the saves. So for example, for me my saves are in "D:\Mystwood Manor 0.5.1\profile\Sycho".

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
but if any of you like to give feedback on what you would like to see rebalanced/added/changed to make it more enjoyable, just know that I read all suggestions and take them into consideration.
Story mode ala PP slideshow. Remove the entire management mode and add a bunch of fades "meanwhile", "next day" etc, and player can lean back enjoy the slideshow while playing with their mini wini würstchen.
In which directory do I find the saved games?
in your "profile" folder inside game dir.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
@cold_arctus just responding to a previous post, just saying it was a bit glitchy n tried to freeze up. my pc's seen better days
Background processes may slow down the game, specially when you have a bunch of chrome tabs with YouTube open.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
The game freezes when passing some scenes, what can I do?
You need to elaborate. Which scene freeze for you? During animation? Where you holding ctrl to skip dialogues?

Maybe posting your player.log file helps to narrow down the problem. The file is stored in your user's hidden "AppData/LocalLow/Faerin Games" folder.

ook23985

Oct 21, 2019
During the hang occurs when I hold down CTRL to skip them

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
There are freezes during dialogs when I hold down CTRL to skip them
And without CTRL the dialogues do not hang?

Possible that the skip function operates faster than the game can switch images (not sure about it). So, there is little you can do aside not holding CTRL the whole time.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes