jgreigh

Jun 20, 2018
Why does this game constantly freeze during scenes or guest satisfaction meters? It's annoying having to save every other minute for fear of the game freezing and losing progress.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi Devs and all people that have been helpin with troubleshooting in the past.

I tried looking for the answers in the earlier posts but after 3.5 hours and trying everything I am a bit stuck.?

After opening i get the loading assets screen and then after saying "done" it switches to black screen.
I am sure it is todo with my settings or my pc, but I am a bit thick with settings etc.

Attached is my windows specifications, and i have tried reinstalling thew visul 2015 ++ and the webdsolutions from the beginning of this thread but it all doesn't work. Also i cant seem to find the appdata in de appdata list after typing %appdata% in the run bar to send any player logs.
Maybe it is conflicting with something, but I am at a loss, MotH was working perfectly with these settings.

Could you give me some pointers where it may be conflicting or where I need to change certain settings.
Many thanks in advance for looking into it.

View attachment 1270005
Please check under "installed software" if you have Visual C++ 2015 x86 installed. If you have newer version (2017/2019) installed too please uninstall them and install Visual C++ 2015 x86 first.

AppData is a hidden folder in your user's folder: "C:\\users/YOURUSERNAME/AppData/LocalLow/Faerin Games"

niksbeter

Oct 16, 2019
Please check under "installed software" if you have Visual C++ 2015 x86 installed. If you have newer version (2017/2019) installed too please uninstall them and install Visual C++ 2015 x86 first.

AppData is a hidden folder in your user's folder: "C:\\users/YOURUSERNAME/AppData/LocalLow/Faerin Games"
Thank you for the quick reply, I have uninstalled and reinstalled my visual ++ 2015 and removed the future ones, do I need to reinstall the future ones as well?

Also with some searching i found the correct appdata directory and attached my player log.

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
Why does this game constantly freeze during scenes or guest satisfaction meters? It's annoying having to save every other minute for fear of the game freezing and losing progress.
You don't lose anything, at the beginning of every shift the game will create an autosave... so you have only to load it

Reactions: Michel Mak

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
Thank you for the quick reply, I have uninstalled and reinstalled my visual ++ 2015 and removed the future ones, do I need to reinstall the future ones as well?

Also with some searching i found the correct appdata directory and attached my player log.
The problem you have is related to your video card and the old video drivers it uses. You have to replace your NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M with a more recent video card with at least 2 GB VRAM on it (but I don't think it's possible because it seems that you are using a laptop, is that correct?)

Otherwise you can disable from device manager your video card so the game will go into software mode rendering, but the game will run very slow.

niksbeter

Oct 16, 2019
The problem you have is related to your video card and the old video drivers it uses. You have to replace your NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M with a more recent video card with at least 2 GB VRAM on it

Otherwise you can disable from device manager your video card so the game will go into software mode rendering, but the game will run very slow.

I was thinking as much, that luckily is easily solved by switching the game to my other laptop (wich is not prehistoric), i intended to keep free from games etc, etc. but for this i will make an exception. XD

Thank you all for the trouble and time.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
The problem you have is related to your video card and the old video drivers it uses. You have to replace your NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M with a more recent video card with at least 2 GB VRAM on it (but I don't think it's possible because it seems that you are using a laptop, is that correct?)

In other words the Unity version Fearin use no longer supports older hardware.

Let's be honest, the game doesn't require a GPU with 2 GB VRAM. There is no real-time rendering going on; the images are pre-rendered and animations are looping video clips. Maybe the fog effect needs some processing power, but basically, if your computer can handle PowerPoint you should be able to play the game. :whistle:

If I would be an arse, I could claim that the game isn't optimized and takes to much resources from the system, causing low-end systems to freeze up or Faerin's code being nasty. :p

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
In other words the Unity version Fearin use no longer supports older hardware.

Let's be honest, the game doesn't require a GPU with 2 GB VRAM. There is no real-time rendering going on; the images are pre-rendered and animations are looping video clips. Maybe the fog effect needs some processing power, but basically, if your computer can handle PowerPoint you should be able to play the game. :whistle:

If I would be an arse, I could claim that the game isn't optimized and takes to much resources from the system, causing low-end systems to freeze up or Faerin's code being nasty. :p
His real problem is the outdated video card drivers which are from 2016, probably if nVidia has released a newer driver for that system it works just fine, but at the moment we haven't any other solution

JiiEf

Aug 1, 2019
Whenever I feel like actually focusing my scattered renders and doing a game, I read a couple of pages of discussion around a game I really respect and am immediately cured of that urge.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
His real problem is the outdated video card drivers which are from 2016, probably if nVidia has released a newer driver for that system it works just fine, but at the moment we haven't any other solution
Yeah, possible and I'm not disagreeing with you on that. Just trying to point out that the game itself doesn't require much VRAM; more like Unity developer decided to stop to support systems with older hardware.

It would be interesting to see, if the game would work on his system running on Linux and using Wine.

Somehow I believe that this would work. :D

fufu123

Dec 7, 2017
how much of fun content am i looking at as of this point ? been waiting to play this game for quite some time

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
thanks man ahaha.. guess i will wait out a couple months or so till things get more feisty
The last few updates have been terrific. However, I do think that if you wait a while longer, there will likely be more to do and it will be more of a full game experience. So far, its mostly going through the basics and interacting with the girls on your staff.

Dec 24, 2018
This game is kind of a disappointment. The vast majority of the time you'll spend playing this game will be grinding, and the grind is just boring, tedious, and long. I only went through the moms route, but take away the epilogue and the grind, and it only takes like 20 minutes until you have sex with her. The scenes were really short and there's not much in terms of build up to the sex or development of the relationships. Everything just happens and imo happens too fast. It would have been nice if the dev spent less time on the horrible gameplay/grind and more time developing the characters and relationships, because once you take away the grind the routes are really short. Even if they're not all completed yet, everything just progresses too fast and it's kinda boring.

If you want to play this game just get a 100% save and go replay the scenes, you literally won't miss out on any development of the characters/relationships or interactions with the girls, you'll just skip the grind and it'll only take 20 minutes before you get to fuck a girl instead of 4 hours.

Also, even with all the support and money he gets, his renders are not much better than they were in man of the house, and imo the girls aren't nearly as hot. Some characters like the mom are pretty ugly, especially with the facial expressions he uses. Considering how popular this game is and how much money faerin makes I really thought this game would have been a lot better, but it kinda sucks lol. The story, character/relationship development, and writing are not very good and no where worth suffering through the grind (and I'd wager that the only reason he made this game so grindy is to try distract you from all it's shortcomings and make it seem like there's more to the game than there really is).

Last edited:
Reactions: Webleten

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
This game is kind of a disappointment. The vast majority of the time you'll spend playing this game will be grinding, and the grind is just boring, tedious, and long. I only went through the moms route,
There are currently 7 girls and according to this you have only played through the route of one of them, the Mom.
So, effectively, you only played 1/7 of the game's content?
I'm not sure 1/7 of the game really provides you with a full enough perspective to make such a critique. :unsure:

It would have been nice if the dev spend less time on the horrible gameplay/grind and more time developing the characters and relationships, because once you take away the grind there's really not much to this game.
Julia has 15 events, the most of any girl.
All of the other girls have 12 events.
That's 87 events, in total, so far.
These are all spent "developing the characters and relationships".

Last edited:

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Still playing on an I5-3317 with no real video card (Intel HD 4000), and nothing breaks: All the pics, videos and sliders function. I have to wonder what else is going on, on some of these PCs.

This game is kind of a disappointment... *snip*
I get your perspective, but in this game what you call grind is the management aspect to the game. It's fine you do not like it, but try to realize those of us that DO like management games may not feel the same.

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
i see only 4 gials pictures in op so cannot decide if i should play...are other 3-4 gials with cute faces?
MotH-diane is good enough; green shirt (dunno if interactable) - okish as no weird crackholed eyes; blonde gial - tolerable; mom - no good.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes