Bamboosword

Jan 2, 2020
I can't play the animation at scenes and it freezes my game at the end, thought it will fix itself over time but I still got it.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I can't play the animation at scenes and it freezes my game at the end, thought it will fix itself over time but I still got it.
It's possible you may be missing one or more Visual C++ Redistributable runtimes. Download the zip file from , then extract the files to a temporary folder (which you can delete later). Then run the included "install_all.bat". Restart the game (if it's still running) and see if you notice the same problem. If so, verify that the drivers for your GPU are up-to-date. If the problem still persists, please attach your player log. You'll find it located in
C:\Users\user-account\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor

Or use the Windows + R keys to bring up a Run dialog box, type %appdata% then go back one folder and you'll see "LocalLow".

Reactions: TheDevian

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
It's possible you may be missing one or more Visual C++ Redistributable runtimes. Download the zip file from , then extract the files to a temporary folder (which you can delete later). Then run the included "install_all.bat". Restart the game (if it's still running) and see if you notice the same problem. If so, verify that the drivers for your GPU are up-to-date. If the problem still persists, please attach your player log. You'll find it located in
C:\Users\user-account\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor

Or use the Windows + R keys to bring up a Run dialog box, type %appdata% then go back one folder and you'll see "LocalLow".
That does not work. This problem has already been reported by countless gamers that have a windows version prior to windows 10. And as far as I know, Faerin still didn´t found a solution that works for everyone.

As long as there is no solution, I can only advise everyone to deactivate the videos. As a result, they still do not enjoy the sex animations. But at least the game doesn't freeze in the middle.

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
That does not work. This problem has already been reported by countless gamers that have a windows version prior to windows 10. And as far as I know, Faerin still didn´t found a solution that works for everyone.

As long as there is no solution, I can only advise everyone to deactivate the videos. As a result, they still do not enjoy the sex animations. But at least the game doesn't freeze in the middle.
Videos work on every Windows platform right now, before there was a problem with Windows 8 that didn't play videos correctly because of a bug in AVPro plugin he has used, we have already updated it and the problem has been fixed.
If you continue to have problem, there is some kind of problem on your PC, probably some software prevents to play them fine.
This is why we are asking always logs for troubleshooting issues.

JahSamufari

Oct 18, 2018
Yes my version is up to date, i think the problem comes from using a save from 4-5 versions ago. I haven't gotten to trying with a clean slate, will update.
It seems the files were up to date, tried a new save, still doesn't work. If it's my drivers it could just be my graphics card acting up, it's an internal card, not a GPU. Maybe i'll try redownloading the game.

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
It seems the files were up to date, tried a new save, still doesn't work. If it's my drivers it could just be my graphics card acting up, it's an internal card, not a GPU. Maybe i'll try redownloading the game.
Redownload the game but don't use any mods and it will play just fine.
If you ever have any problem, please upload your logs found here C:\Users\UserName\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor
Replace UserName with your account name on your computer

Reactions: JahSamufari

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
Videos work on every Windows platform right now, before there was a problem with Windows 8 that didn't play videos correctly because of a bug in AVPro plugin he has used, we have already updated it and the problem has been fixed.
If you continue to have problem, there is some kind of problem on your PC, probably some software prevents to play them fine.
This is why we are asking always logs for troubleshooting issues.
Okay, i didn't notice. in that case I'll try the next version soon

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Yes, this has been requested by a number of Patrons as well.
Could I request that the limitation be removed where you first get the chance to have Amber call you (custom name), that it only allowed me one word without spaces?

Later on Amber's page I was able to specify she should call me "Big Bro", but I was only able to input "bigbro" in initial interaction. Don't think I tried uppercase first time but please check that also, since with two words, auto-capitalize would not work.

Very promising work. Looking forward to difficulty levels, as I may want to bypass some grindier aspects. Would difficulty be switchable during a playthrough?

JahSamufari

Oct 18, 2018
Redownload the game but don't use any mods and it will play just fine.
If you ever have any problem, please upload your logs found here C:\Users\UserName\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor
Replace UserName with your account name on your computer
Yeah after seeing that the mod is discontinued i had a feeling it was the mod. If i can use old save files i don't really care, but i hate to replay the whole game from scratch without a mod. Except on full release of course, then one should play from day 1.

Problem persists, redownloaded and installed without mods and patch, new save and removed my old ones. Seems my hardware is becoming too outdated for this game.

Edit: Updating Visual helped, thanks for the dl link, finding the right 2015 (86) was the problem for me.
Time for some hotel management!

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
While it doesn't solve your problem unfortunately just as an addendum: the mod never did work, not even once, it always "reliably" crashed the game at certain points. Probably the main reason it was discontinued.

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
The game is great. Can't wait to see how it goes on. :love:

However, I still have 2 suggestions for improvement:

1. The reception.
Visitors can allready be asked to wait for a room to become available. They currently ask several times a day and leave pretty soon. And since the guests always check out in the morning, the waiting area doesn't make much sense at the moment. Here my suggestion would be to provide a serving trolley first (renovation) so that the waiting ones stay a little longer. Then I would suggest that they can be put off 3 times before they lose their patience and run away. Basically the same as if they are not satisfied with the hotel service. I would also recommend that guests not only check out in the morning, but flexibly throughout the day. Only then does the waiting area make sense at all.

2. Male orgasm.
The game already has some sex scenes. Various handjobs, blow jobs, and even 2 completed sex scenes. Nice thing. However, I am missing something in the man's orgasm. With MOTH it was the case that this was simulated with short white cross-fades of the scene. I wonder why this is not done this way in Mystwood Manor, too. That was well received in MOTH and highlighted the illusion of a creampie/facial.

Okay, that's it. I look forward to seeing the game go on (y)

Reactions: Faerin

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
The game is great. Can't wait to see how it goes on. :love:

However, I still have 2 suggestions for improvement:

1. The reception.
Visitors can allready be asked to wait for a room to become available. They currently ask several times a day and leave pretty soon. And since the guests always check out in the morning, the waiting area doesn't make much sense at the moment. Here my suggestion would be to provide a serving trolley first (renovation) so that the waiting ones stay a little longer. Then I would suggest that they can be put off 3 times before they lose their patience and run away. Basically the same as if they are not satisfied with the hotel service. I would also recommend that guests not only check out in the morning, but flexibly throughout the day. Only then does the waiting area make sense at all.

2. Male orgasm.
The game already has some sex scenes. Various handjobs, blow jobs, and even 2 completed sex scenes. Nice thing. However, I am missing something in the man's orgasm. With MOTH it was the case that this was simulated with short white cross-fades of the scene. I wonder why this is not done this way in Mystwood Manor, too. That was well received in MOTH and highlighted the illusion of a creampie/facial.

Okay, that's it. I look forward to seeing the game go on (y)
With point (1) you certainly have a point from a gameplay perspective. Storywise, both lines would have downsides - Hotel check outs are in the morning (so the cleaning staff can ready the room for the next guest in time), which could of course be changed for our VIP oriented hotel. But I don't really see Sophia spending a night in the lobby to wait for a room freeing up ...

Point (2) I think people with epilepsy have a hard time with the flashing screens, so if it would be implemented probably best as an opt-in option instead of default.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
1. The reception.
With reception it depends on how you play it. If you have full rooms, there is no need to have someone at the desk, why try to check in more people when you are full? With events to unlock I might not have a full hotel, but need to move staff about so may leave the front desk empty so I can get the events I want.

I used to leave the front desk staffed all the time, until I realized it was sometimes detrimental to have people waiting overnight before I would have a room available. I mean really, in a VIP hotel who is going to do that?

Only time I could see it useful is if you are trying to get a specific guest, but if you are full up why would you attempt to check more people in when you don't have empty rooms? Again, its all your strategy and how you want to play it.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes