Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Beat me to it (I was testing in the game because I didn't think it sounded right either).

One related topic though - Even with "The Wicked" assigned, the Study drains energy. Is this expected?
Not by me. Back when I still used the study it wasn't the case.

Sammyjones

Dec 30, 2020
That definitely makes the card less valuable, every girl has to rest at least two shifts a day. Since the night shift is a dedicated sleeping shift and the card's effect isn't applicable. whomever it is used on still need to rest an extra shift. so it becomes more situational, something you have to plug in and out, than a base boost like to food service or housekeeping or whatever.

Having it work at night doesn't seem like it would "break" the game, but I guess it would be a significant boost if it did.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
That definitely makes the card less valuable, every girl has to rest at least two shifts a day. Since the night shift is a dedicated sleeping shift and the card's effect isn't applicable. whomever it is used on still need to rest an extra shift. so it becomes more situational, something you have to plug in and out, than a base boost like to food service or housekeeping or whatever.

Having it work at night doesn't seem like it would "break" the game, but I guess it would be a significant boost if it did.
Having it work at night would make it essentially the same as "The Wicked", aka infinite workbee.

But yeah, it is situational at best, but not all cards are made to be the same level of strength.

Reactions: S3pHiroTh

Odin73

Feb 16, 2020
Did anyone notice that The Prodigy card is missing? It is a tier 1 gold card. I have all tier 1-3 gold, purple, blue and green color cards. The Prodigy didnt even pop up so I decided to collect all white color cards from tier 1 and The Prodigy card never pop.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Did anyone notice that The Prodigy card is missing? It is a tier 1 gold card. I have all tier 1-3 gold, purple, blue and green color cards. The Prodigy didnt even pop up so I decided to collect all white color cards from tier 1 and The Prodigy card never pop.
That's bad luck while trying to get them. I do have the card, so it is not missing from the game as such.

Reactions: ZenGarden

Odin73

Feb 16, 2020
That's bad luck while trying to get them. I do have the card, so it is not missing from the game as such.
Interesting.... I have Seer and it give me 6 redraw. Every time I redraw, it just give me 3 mist card. MMM

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Interesting.... I have Seer and it give me 6 redraw. Every time I redraw, it just give me 3 mist card. MMM
All 45 cards are absolutely available, don't worry.
There are 29 for the girls and 16 for MC.
It's just because the less cards remaining, the less chance of getting one.

Make a save before you visit, burn through the 6 redraws and, if you do not get one that you need, just reload and go again.
It will give you it eventually.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018

You miss the value of the card.
Sleeping restores 50% energy, but resting for one session (I think) only restores 25%.
The card restores 100% in one rest session. An extra 75% is significant.

Every girl does not need to rest for 2 shifts per day.
There are only 3 shifts to work/rest during, for each day.
Start with 100%, spend 75%.
Gain 50% from sleep.
Start next day with 75% and work all 3.
Sleep to gain 50% and rest 1/3 shifts the following day.

It's one shift in three days that they need to rest.
Then 1 per day, from then, if you keep them working, instead of giving them the day off to fully recharge.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZenGarden

Odin73

Feb 16, 2020
All 45 cards are absolutely available, don't worry.
There are 29 for the girls and 16 for MC.
It's just because the less cards remaining, the less chance of getting one.

Make a save before you visit, burn through the 6 redraws and, if you do not get one that you need, just reload and go again.
It will give you it eventually.
Yeah that what I always do. When I start new game, my goal is to get The Prodigy card but for some reason it didnt pop out for 2 freaking days so I end up picking other card. As game go on, Seer and Fortune teller cards are my primary target. Once I obtain both cards, I go after gold cards. Again for some reason The Prodigy card still didnt pop out. I end up collect all tier 1 card and almost have all tier 2-3 cards and The Prodigy card still didnt pop out. I am going to start new game again... Nothing wrong with starting new game, it alot of fun.

Reactions: whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Yeah that what I always do. When I start new game, my goal is to get The Prodigy card but for some reason it didnt pop out for 2 freaking days so I end up picking other card. As game go on, Seer and Fortune teller cards are my primary target. Once I obtain both cards, I go after gold cards. Again for some reason The Prodigy card still didnt pop out. I end up collect all tier 1 card and almost have all tier 2-3 cards and The Prodigy card still didnt pop out. I am going to start new game again... Nothing wrong with starting new game, it alot of fun.
As I have all of them, I run with The Chosen One (15% money, rep & XP), The Visionary (10% money, rep & XP) & The King (10% money) equipped for MC.
All about the cash. lol

With the cards, it used to lock you out of getting any more, once you'd completed any one of the three tiers.
You also didn't used to get any indication of which tiers the cards you needed were in, so could waste all your attempts on a tier you'd already completed.
It's far more intuitive & user friendly, now.

Reactions: Odin73

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
There should be an option to buy single cards. Sometimes it's a royal pain if you're trying to get a specific card. Having to reload and try several times isn't a good thing for playability.

Maybe 5k for the level 1 cards.
10k for level 2.
20k for level 3.

paul1983

Apr 11, 2020
There should be an option to buy single cards. Sometimes it's a royal pain if you're trying to get a specific card. Having to reload and try several times isn't a good thing for playability.

Maybe 5k for the level 1 cards.
10k for level 2.
20k for level 3.
you cant bye them as she has no need for money as she is a spirit of mistwood manor and the first owner

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
It'd probably be better to twist the odds once a player has the full set of "regular" cards a bit. Now, with the whole set being visible, whether you got them or not, it's not as bad, but it feels strange to get "myst-ified" a dozen times. Or let the lady (Isa) give some explanation of "better luck next time".

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
It'd probably be better to twist the odds once a player has the full set of "regular" cards a bit. Now, with the whole set being visible, whether you got them or not, it's not as bad, but it feels strange to get "myst-ified" a dozen times. Or let the lady (Isa) give some explanation of "better luck next time".
Yes, I think that's the most suitable approach.
It's essentially RNG, so just alter/increase the drop rate at certain key points of progress, during collection.

e.g.
I get 8 or 9 cards from every 10 pulled when I need all 45. (80-90% drop rate)
When I only need 10, I get 1 card from every 20 pulled. (5% drop rate)
So just increase the drop rate when I only need 10, so that I can still get 4 or 5, from 10 pulled. (40-50% drop rate).

*Hypothetical figures.

Last edited:

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
I can agree that complete the cards collection at this moment it's a bit of a pain.
I don't like the idea to use money to buy cards otherwise destiny points have less importance.

I think that a better idea is to randomize the card as it is for now, but if for 6 rounds, for example, it shows always the Myst card, the next round will show a card you haven't yet. So the trick of the save is still in place, but if anyone doesn't want to use this "cheat" (because it is a bit of cheat imho), you can run the rounds until the cards you haven't are shown.

Another suggestion about picking cards, about my many plays:
- First pick up the cards for increase the job satisfaction
- As soon as you find The Courtesan card, pick it without a doubt, it is the most powerful card in the game imho
- As soon as you have at least a couple for each job, when you go to Isabella pick up the card which is rarer

The other cards (the one not related to job satisfaction) are helping, absolutely the ones for increase money income, but are not that important.
The less important cards are the ones related to increase hotel reputation imho.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
My personal order of importance would be (of course within a group the larger, the better)

1) Satisfaction
2) The Wicked (useful when you're in a pinch with somebody having to work three shifts for a couple days)
3) Girl XP
4) Money/other XP
5) energy boost other than the wicked

A bit less money does not hurt, it ain't that close to survive, worst thing is I'll have to take in one more guest to advance. Girl XP are a bit more important since you need customers with certain demands - which can be few and far between - or the energy heavy schooling. Wicked (yeah, and to a lesser extent 5% less energy usage) will help satisfy customers and also keep the hotel running (security, maintenance, ...) which I find important because it makes play so much easier. But being in the hotel business, customer satisfaction is always of prime importance.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
I can agree that complete the cards collection at this moment it's a bit of a pain.
I don't like the idea to use money to buy cards otherwise destiny points have less importance.
I agree on the money thing. Cards should rely on destiny points because money becomes too easy later in the game.

I'm not sure how Faerin has the event coded, but my suggestion would be: For each draw that results in 2+ 'Myst' cards, set a multiplier of +1 or +2% to the chances of a 'real' card appearing, and reset that when a 'real' card appears.

This gives a little bonus value to 'The Seer', as you could accumulate this 'rng bonus' faster.

Once a 'real' card shows up, reset the bonus back to 0 so nothing gets added to the next draw.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I agree, The Wicked, The Courtesan, I'd also add The Bride (& The Lover & The Mistress), are all hugely beneficial.
The Courtesan is the key one, without it you cannot achieve Sofia's VIP.

Reactions: Odin73

WolfVG

Feb 3, 2021
How come it says it's a work in progress in places. I'm currently using the newest version with incest patch

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
How come it says it's a work in progress in places. I'm currently using the newest version with incest patch
Because it still isn't finished yet. Even the newest version is still a work in progress, like most of the games you find on this site. If you are looking for finished games, look out for "[completed]" in the title.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes