whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Some of the text is very hard to read, especially for people that are visually impaired.
This is especially notable during yoga sessions, swimming and in the bar, where I can sometimes not see the text at all.
A way to make the window darker or change the font color would be helpful.
You can make the window darker: Menu, Settings, Dialogue Frame.
0 is transparent background, 100 is dark background.

Reactions: Cartageno

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Some of the text is very hard to read, especially for people that are visually impaired.
This is especially notable during yoga sessions, swimming and in the bar, where I can sometimes not see the text at all.
Having similar issues I can confirm that a setting of 100 is absolutely readable. Now if it only would stay that way ... but that is a different matter.

• Haha
Reactions: whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Unfortunately yes, with every manual save. And since I once almost lost my whole masters thesis to a computer problem, I save and backup often ...
lol in the vein of "measure twice, cut once", I save before every decision, in most games. :ROFLMAO:
Plus, like you, it's ingrained for most people who grew up with considerably less stable software than we have today.
Frequently manually saving docs in progress, in case of programme or OS crash.
Spend 4 hours working on a crucial document, only for Word/Excel to freeze & hang, or Windows to have a little glitch & you haven't made a save for 3hrs! Aaargh! :mad:
Autosave was massively unreliable, too.

Reactions: ZenGarden

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Sounds like you have a read-and-write problem.
Well, I do have a different computer by now, the story I related was a bit in the past. Not saying how much, let's just stay with "the years since then are certainly in the double digits". ;)

And the thing is: it is not about saving wrongly but when I save, already the continuation of the game sets the transparency back to its original value without any loading or similar at all (and as we checked out without the relevant data in the files changing back, just in game).

Reactions: cold_arctus

Exarp Omega

Aug 3, 2018
Interestingly, this was already set to 100, as I messed around with this setting before posting.
I had to take this back to 0 and then back to 100 again for it to work.
I don't know why it didn't work right away when I tried it, but it's working now.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, or I'd never have found it.

EDIT:

Hmm.. looks like after reopening the game the window becomes transparent again.

And the thing is: it is not about saving wrongly but when I save, already the continuation of the game sets the transparency back to its original value without any loading or similar at all (and as we checked out without the relevant data in the files changing back, just in game).
Does your slider stay on 100 like mine did, or does it revert to 0? We might have a similar problem.

Reactions: whichone

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
Any of you tried to run the game as an admin? (yeah, magical solution for everything after "format" :geek: ) If there's no bug in the game, seems like a writing permission issue as already pointed out.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Any of you tried to run the game as an admin? (yeah, magical solution for everything after "format" :geek: ) If there's no bug in the game, seems like a writing permission issue as already pointed out.
Yes. Just tested, doesn't make any difference.
Open the game as admin, load save, straight to Settings, alter from 70-100, save.
Back to settings & it's auto reset to 70.
There's presumably a little bug in there.

DahlHeadlands

Dec 7, 2018
Not sure if this has been pointed out before, but I've noticed after several updates it hasn't changed and it's been bugging me:

The gender signs on the fortune cards are mismatched, (Male cards have the female symbol and female cards have the male symbol). Perhaps that was done intentionally and I'm missing the reason why, but I just thought I'd bring that to everyone's attention :LOL:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Regardless, I'd like to extend my kudos to the dev team on the recent updates; the gameplay system you labored over early on in development is really paying off with a full roster of staff. This is a seriously fun game so far and I'm excited to see where you take it from here, well done!

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
Not sure if this has been pointed out before, but I've noticed after several updates it hasn't changed and it's been bugging me:

The gender signs on the fortune cards are mismatched, (Male cards have the female symbol and female cards have the male symbol). Perhaps that was done intentionally and I'm missing the reason why, but I just thought I'd bring that to everyone's attention :LOL:

Regardless, I'd like to extend my kudos to the dev team on the recent updates; the gameplay system you labored over early on in development is really paying off with a full roster of staff. This is a seriously fun game so far and I'm excited to see where you take it from here, well done!
OMFG
Now I feel really foolish for not picking up on that before. :FacePalm:

Worse yet.
Now I'm worried it's something that might take so much work to fix that Faerin just says 'Fuck it'.
And... now that I see it... I'll always see it...
and it'll Just. Keep. Bugging. Me.

I hate you.
:p

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018

Faerin is already aware of that, but at the moment, it's a low priority issue.

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
OMFG
Now I feel really foolish for not picking up on that before. :FacePalm:

Worse yet.
Now I'm worried it's something that might take so much work to fix that Faerin just says 'Fuck it'.
And... now that I see it... I'll always see it...
and it'll Just. Keep. Bugging. Me.

I hate you.
:p
Thanks DahlHeadlands!
I will fix this once I get around to finishing all the card images, probably still a few updates from now.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Complicating is that previously-seen dialogue seems to be grayer; might help to deactivate that feature in guest request sections if possible.

Perhaps hardcode text color for those interactions to the bright-white by font setting.

Reactions: Faerin

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
There is also a strange transition effect after receiving a guest's service feedback, where the staff image briefly turns more transparent.

Happens to all staff I've seen. Currently running with hotel rep 5 & most staff skill level 5.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes