Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Boehser Onkel .. you can facepalm me all you want until the cows come home as I really don't care one way or the other how you feel or think about that. The question I posed is a routine question anytime you or some other moron posts a mod for the game. I know for a fact mods that have been posted in this game thread have and will break the game, even with the "best intentions" in mind. So if you don't like the fact that mods such as yours are getting called out for causing unforseeable issues/bugs/damaged saves (regardless of the stupid disclaimer that you use in the mod thread), then stop trying to make mods for this game. It's just that simple.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Boehser Onkel .. you can facepalm me all you want until the cows come home as I really don't care one way or the other how you feel or think about that. The question I posed is a routine question anytime you or some other moron posts a mod for the game. I know for a fact mods that have been posted in this game thread have and will break the game, even with the "best intentions" in mind. So if you don't like the fact that mods such as yours are getting called out for causing unforseeable issues/bugs/damaged saves (regardless of the stupid disclaimer that you use in the mod thread), then stop trying to make mods for this game. It's just that simple.
so - tell me how increased money affect the animations for example
i´ll wait - moron
i was friendly till now - despite your attempts to attack my mod everytime
this is over

Last edited:

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
so - tell me how incresed money affect the animations for example
i´ll wait - moron
i was friendly till now - despite your attempts to attack my mod everytime
this is over
That one is a standard question from us as in the past and you have seen yourself other mods have caused us problems.
I'm not a coder so I can't say if your mod bugs the game or it doesn't but from my point of view anyway it's always better to check so I'm not running up my own arse looking for a bug that isn't there
So if I or anyone else from the dev team ask if people are using a mod it's not an attack but we all need to be working from the same baseline so you facepalming one of our posts when we ask it kind of pisses us off just like my colleague's post has pissed you off
As for saying your friendliness is over, that's entirely up to you.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Sycho

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
That one is a standard question from us as in the past and you have seen yourself other mods have caused us problems.
I'm not a coder so I can't say if your mod bugs the game or it doesn't but from my point of view anyway it's always better to check so I'm not running up my own arse looking for a bug that isn't there
So if I or anyone else from the dev team ask if people are using a mod it's not an attack but we all need to be working from the same baseline so you facepalming one of our posts when we ask it kind of pisses us off just like my colleague's post has pissed you off
As for saying your friendliness is over, that's entirely up to you.
yeah
it must be the mod´s - lets blame them first
cannot be the system used , or just copied new files over old ones etc
curious that this question never is asked .... thats whats pisses me of

there are alot .dll´s who are before the assembly dll

unityplayer dll
avprovideo dll
webp dll
etc
and like i stated - i test the game before posting my mod
(last time (0.7.0.9b )a bugfix slipped - but was corrected 10 min´s later )

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
larry5168 Sycho Check out the mod's thread. His v7.0.9 was called out as breaking the game, and he blamed people's drivers.

He proved your point for you in his own thread. Nuff said.
wrong - you should read carefully

Problem Event Name: : APPCRASH
Application Name: Mystwood Manor.exe
Application Version: 2019.4.18.4260
Application Timestamp: 5ffdc4cf
Fault Module Name: UnityPlayer.dll

https://f95zone.to/threads/mystwood...ian01-support-discontinued.75773/post-6654853

and this one used the 0.7.0.9b mod on 0.7.0.9 v of the game

https://f95zone.to/threads/mystwood...ian01-support-discontinued.75773/post-6655354

Umariel

Jan 21, 2019
On checking out, Mrs Karen McQueen's profile photo
(pop-up window shows OK) still stays on left part of
a screen, so must be a new bug in the wild. Testing..

Morning of Day 238, so please load evening of 237 :illuminati:
Other guests pics disappears only after saves reload.

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
yeah

unityplayer dll
avprovideo dll
webp dll
etc
and like i stated - i test the game before posting my mod
(last time (0.7.0.9b )a bugfix slipped - but was corrected 10 min´s later )
Similar to Larry I have no idea what your mod does, I don't need one nor want one anyway. Fact of the matter however is that in this thread there's two major problems when bugs occur - one is driver issues, the other is mods. We've all been, at one point or another, hooked up to tech support at out job and the first questions make us feel like they think of us as idiots. But these solve 80% (made up number to say "a vast chunk") of the problems. Similarily here, mods/cheats account for a huge number of the problems existing. Sometimes there will even be complaints that Faerin doesn't program in safety measures so that "my hotel is level 9 even though there are only 5" cannot happen.

If somebody goes out to make a mod to make a game more accessible to players that is a good thing and should be commended. However, on the flip side of the coin, there is also the responsibility that the mod may not only do what you want but also cause problems. And since - in general, not necessarily your one - it more often does than does not, the question is very legit. Yes, "did you extract to a new folder or just add to the old one" also is one problem for the ages, but that doesn't mean it needs to be asked first, depending on the history of the game. And this is one of two threads where every time I see the word "mod" I shudder (waiting for whichone to identify the other) because it has cause neverending troubles in the past.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Similar to Larry I have no idea what your mod does, I don't need one nor want one anyway. Fact of the matter however is that in this thread there's two major problems when bugs occur - one is driver issues, the other is mods. We've all been, at one point or another, hooked up to tech support at out job and the first questions make us feel like they think of us as idiots. But these solve 80% (made up number to say "a vast chunk") of the problems. Similarily here, mods/cheats account for a huge number of the problems existing. Sometimes there will even be complaints that Faerin doesn't program in safety measures so that "my hotel is level 9 even though there are only 5" cannot happen.

If somebody goes out to make a mod to make a game more accessible to players that is a good thing and should be commended. However, on the flip side of the coin, there is also the responsibility that the mod may not only do what you want but also cause problems. And since - in general, not necessarily your one - it more often does than does not, the question is very legit. Yes, "did you extract to a new folder or just add to the old one" also is one problem for the ages, but that doesn't mean it needs to be asked first, depending on the history of the game. And this is one of two threads where every time I see the word "mod" I shudder (waiting for whichone to identify the other) because it has cause neverending troubles in the past.
well
why not test it once - to be sure or out of curiosity
after this you can tell if its affect anything like animations or causing a bug for you
deal?

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
yeah

unityplayer dll
avprovideo dll
webp dll
etc
Did I say I blamed the mods? I said it was a standard question.
Just answer me this when you made the mod how many hours of testing did you do to make sure that your mod didn't break the game?
It's easy to make a mod it's a damn sight harder to fix the mess it makes.
We test the game for a hell of a long time so we can release a virtually bug-free game we don't catch them all but we try, can you say that when you mod it?
No, you can't. You put the Assembly C sharp into your little programme and alter a few values and release it as a mod.
That's fine but don't be offended when we ask if someone's using that mod and we're not, like I said we all need singing off the same song sheet so to speak
As a modder you should understand that more than anyone else, if we all have the same base programme we can track bugs more efficiently, but if they're using your mod we can't
In truth I don't care what you think as a rule I will always ask the same questions and are you using a mod will be one of them and there will also be are you using an out of date winrar are your drivers up to date
Shall I now wait for the creators of Winrar to come here because when using an out of date version of their programme can cause the game to fail
Bill Gates could come as well because let's be honest sometimes it's just a version of Windows (8.1 wasn't the best)
I'd say the same to them as I'm saying to you I work for Faerin, not you, if what I ask upsets you when I'm trying to get others to play the game tough I don't care

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
On checking out, Mrs Karen McQueen's profile photo
(pop-up window shows OK) still stays on left part of
a screen, so must be a new bug in the wild. Testing..
Morning of Day 238, so please load evening of 237 :illuminati:
The first thing I noticed right off the bat in your zip file is that you're using the debug key for your game without having loaded any saves. Making any changes in the debugger renders any support null and void due to the potential for tampering. The debug console is NOT a cheat engine.

Second, if her portrait remains after she has checked out, that's a known bug which Faerin is aware of. Switch to either the Staff or Guests screen then back to the Planning screen and her portrait will no longer be showing.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
well
why not test it once - to be sure or out of curiosity
after this you can tell if its affect anything like animations or causing a bug for you
deal?
If I tested your mod with my particular save and gave me an extra $100,000 just for the heck of it (again, I don't know how your mod works, but you talked about money), I wouldn't be able to say "it is safe" even if I had no troubles whatsoever. Computers and software work in mysterious ways (to me at least). I am playing an MMO where a change to some OP items suddenly made people's key binds disappear. There was neither rhyme nor reason to it yet it happened. There only needs to be one connection - which of course shouldn't be there but is somewhere deep in the code - to mess up things. I have no idea what happened here. But a mod can cause problems - even if the mod in and of itself is sound and even if the game without any mod is sound, just the combination does not work. And from my point of view: if a game works without problems without a mod, and the mod causes problems, it is the mod's fault (again, I don't know if the mod causes problems). Yes, some untoward programming in the main game may be the key component, but as long as the main game works, the mod needs to find its way around this bad lines of code. It's not a question of "how could these innocent lines of code do that" - if they do it for whatever reason it is a problem. And that is a problem of the external program.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes