Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
If I tested your mod with my particular save and gave me an extra $100,000 just for the heck of it (again, I don't know how your mod works, but you talked about money), I wouldn't be able to say "it is safe" even if I had no troubles whatsoever. Computers and software work in mysterious ways (to me at least). I am playing an MMO where a change to some OP items suddenly made people's key binds disappear. There was neither rhyme nor reason to it yet it happened. There only needs to be one connection - which of course shouldn't be there but is somewhere deep in the code - to mess up things. I have no idea what happened here. But a mod can cause problems - even if the mod in and of itself is sound and even if the game without any mod is sound, just the combination does not work. And from my point of view: if a game works without problems without a mod, and the mod causes problems, it is the mod's fault (again, I don't know if the mod causes problems). Yes, some untoward programming in the main game may be the key component, but as long as the main game works, the mod needs to find its way around this bad lines of code. It's not a question of "how could these innocent lines of code do that" - if they do it for whatever reason it is a problem. And that is a problem of the external program.
i appreciate your explanations - really
but the altering of a few values - like reward from 50 to 100 , starting money from 75000k to 750000k
(and thats all i do ... - i dont write new code lines )
Download (1).png

cant - and here im 100% sure - causing stopping or stuttering animations

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
i did my part with testing- the game works like it should
i have standards (sounds weird ik) - i dont "release" a bugged mod- and if something happens like this i fix it asap
and i asked , so you guys can see yourself - take it or leave it
That's fine but don't get offended when we ask if users are using your mod, we're not doing it to offend you but we need a baseline to go off and that baseline is the original assembly c sharp file not yours
Do I think your mod has caused the animations to fail? I doubt it. But can you say the same with 100% certainty I doubt that as well
Can I help if someone is using your mod? No, I can't because they're not using the same programme as me.
So now you see why we ask the question. It's not to have a go or piss you off it's to help us track down bugs
The take it or leave it thing, I can't stop you modding the game, I don't even want to try. What I will say is the next time someone has a problem with the game I will still run through my questions and are you using a mod will be one of them

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
i appreciate your explanations - really
but the altering of a few values - like reward from 50 to 100 , starting money from 75000k to 750000k
(and thats all i do ... - i dont write new code lines )
View attachment 1474756

cant - and here im 100% sure - causing stopping or stuttering animations
Depends how your modding program writes it's values back into the assembly.

If it's trying to impose it's values onto the memory, it could be going outside the boundary of the original DLLs block for the value, and cause a ka-boom. But it wouldn't happen until the part of the program that was overrun was executed. So despite what you are saying, it IS possible your tampering is causing unpredictable results.

kratos92

Aug 30, 2019
Is there a way to change the color of the dialogue lines? Because there's nothing in the settings?
I really can't read a lot of dialogues because I can't see anything!

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Is there a way to change the color of the dialogue lines? Because there's nothing in the settings?
I really can't read a lot of dialogues because I can't see anything!
No, you can't change the color, but you can change the opacity of the dialog box by going into settings and using the slider for "Dialog frame".

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
Is this mean the project still need 29 updates to finish ?
Like 7 months (if weekly update) ~up to~ 29 month (if monthly update).

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Is this mean the project still need 29 updates to finish ?
Like 7 months (if weekly update) ~up to~ 29 month (if monthly update).
No, it should be at or very near completion by June of next year; and it's a monthly update. Not sure where you came up with 29 months though. ;)

Reactions: TheDevian

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
No, it should be at or very near completion by June of next year; and it's a monthly update. Not sure where you came up with 29 months though. ;)
just quick assume by each update version ... 0.6.8 - 0.6.9 - 0.7.0 - 0.7.1 ... so it's 29 updates to go to 1.0.0 :p

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
just quick assume by each update version ... 0.6.8 - 0.6.9 - 0.7.0 - 0.7.1 ... so it's 29 updates to go to 1.0.0 :p
That isn't how that goes here. The largest one I remember was 0.4.4.3, then it jumped to 0.5. These are version numbers, not real numbers.
So... We can't play just for the story, unless we've gone all the way with the full game... and thus have already seen the story.

So, fuck the casuals, huh?
That mode, like the others, will be added once the mechanics are done and balanced. If you want to be 'casual' about it, wait for the game to be finished before bitching about missing features.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 243 Votes