Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
An auto save would really help us out a lot as I've tried my level 3 save in both 0.8.1 and 0.8.1b (with the same three guests checked in) and I'm not seeing it in either version. And in that save, I have all of the lobby/office upgrades.

Reactions: TheDevian

lancecomwar

Oct 5, 2017
Happened a third time, this time with Miguel so seems it isn't Jim Dalson that's the problem. Took me a bit to figure out how to get to the player log because it seems Windows 11 hides AppData folder by default so had to google how to make that visible... let's see if this helps

Last edited:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Happened a third time, this time with Miguel so seems it isn't Jim Dalson that's the problem. Took me a bit to figure out how to get to the player log because it seems Windows 11 hides AppData folder by default so had to google how to make that visible... let's see if this helps
Thanks for those. I looked at the log and aside from the path the game is in, the log itself is clean. And I've tried 3 days in-game time to try to reproduce the bug with the lobby, but it's been playing fine every time I've tried. So the only things that come to mind are:
  1. Try moving the game's folder out of "Users" and see if you still run into the same problem.
  2. Alternatively, try upgrading the office and lobby as well and see if that has any effect.

Last edited:

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
I haven't been able to reproduce this either; so a quick question - who do you put in what jobs before the turn begins?

Also, if you are playing NORMAL mode, I don't think Nora will be a problem (that's a Story mode issue).

Reactions: Sycho and TheDevian

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I haven't been able to reproduce this either; so a quick question - who do you put in what jobs before the turn begins?

Also, if you are playing NORMAL mode, I don't think Nora will be a problem (that's a Story mode issue).
I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off testing in both versions (his save and mine) that it completely slipped my mind about Nora and story mode, so I've removed that from my post.

lancecomwar

Oct 5, 2017

Well I put Julia in the lobby, obviously, then Kay in the kitchen and Amber in the restaurant to take care of the folklore guy. Though I tried again twice and it didn't happen again. Is it really only happening to me? Hm, weird.

• Thinking Face

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Well I put Julia in the lobby, obviously, then Kay in the kitchen and Amber in the restaurant to take care of the folklore guy. Though I tried again twice and it didn't happen again. Is it really only happening to me? Hm, weird.
So far you're the only one that's reported this one and I've tried several times with both your save and the new playthrough. Each time it's not happening at all.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
What do you do for the turn? Office, Explore?

• Thinking Face

lancecomwar

Oct 5, 2017
I interacted with the guest both recent times it happened I believe, though when I tried again it worked.

Sorry, don't really know what's going on. I'm able to work around it if it ever happens to me again since there's an auto save, at least. Don't want to take too much time away from stuff affecting more people.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
I interacted with the guest both recent times it happened I believe, though when I tried again it worked.

Sorry, don't really know what's going on. I'm able to work around it if it ever happens to me again since there's an auto save, at least. Don't want to take too much time away from stuff affecting more people.
It's not a problem, this is what I (well, really, we) do. Try to figure out the weird stuff.

Hopefully we figure it out, but I am glad you can get past it.

Enjoy the game!

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Just on a sidenote: You never need to unhide a directory like appdata. It doesn't hurt if you do (and know what you are doing), but there is no need. You can also just type in it's name directly. If you are already in your user profile directory, just add "\appdata" or "/appdata" to the path in the input field.
To go there directly, use
"%userprofile%/appdata" ... for the base directory of all appdata directories
or
%appdata% for %userprofile%/appdata/Roaming
and
%localappdata% for %userprofile%/appdata/Local

And I agree: Don't put programs inside your profile directory (including the desktop). Yes, I know, some install into appdata automaticly, but that's not what the profile directory is meant for.

Last edited:

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Just curious. What happened to the cheat mod? Not that it is important, but it helps in the early parts to get enough money to actually do stuff.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
4.00 star(s) 237 Votes