KroqGar

Jun 30, 2017
Was playing this and I think I ran into a bug. I was rerolling on hotel level 3 in the lobby three times, it said there was no guests in the lobby waiting, and the "Check In" and "Continue" buttons disappeared on the right after I clicked Check in and it locked me into the screen. I would have a save attached but can't really save on the lobby screen, and I could have posted a screenshot but I only realized that after I exited form the game... anyway, is there a player log in the files I could upload that might help, or is this bug already known? Could try and repeat from the autosave and see if that repeats the bug, just didn't want to potentially mess up a player log

On a side note, this game is way too addicting to me. and while I eagerly await the finale and hope it pays off as a cohesive whole, I must admit I am eagerly anticipating the next game. Something about faerin's game design tickles me, I guess
Basically guests level up as your staff so you have to wait for them to level up so you have to accept them at level one till they get to level 2 and so on,do not watch stars but level stars only identify customers more difficult to please,stars are not identificative,you should watch their level (the number on the portrait)or maybe it is bugged and stars do not grow accordingly

KroqGar

Jun 30, 2017
This game is not balanced yet ending it without money cheat is almost impossible i think,I ended it in 30hours of gameplay but basically with -300k lol

Last edited:

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
Basically guests level up as your staff so you have to wait for them to level up so you have to accept them at level one till they get to level 2 and so on,do not watch stars but level stars only identify customers more difficult to please,stars are not identificative,you should watch their level (the number on the portrait)or maybe it is bugged and stars do not grow accordingly
No!
It does not work like that.

You select guest level by clicking on the number in the top left of the lobby box. Up to Julia's level.

I'd link a screen shot, but F95's image server is down.

This game is not balanced yet ending it without money cheat is almost impossible i think
Prior to 0.8.0 update I'd agree that cash balance was lagging behind, just a bit. But it was a long way from impossible.
Just had to grind the cash for a bit to because I was unlocking hotel levels before being able to afford them.

As of 0.8.0 (last version I've played) I'd say the income was nearly perfect.
At unlocking hotel level 5 I had just the right amount of cash to get the Club up and going.

Last edited:

KroqGar

Jun 30, 2017
No!
It does not work like that.

You select guest level by clicking on the number in the top left of the lobby box. Up to Julia's level.

I'd link a screen shot, but F95's image server is down.

Prior to 0.8.0 update I'd agree that cash balance was lagging behind, just a bit. But it was a long way from impossible.
Just had to grind the cash for a bit to because I was unlocking hotel levels before being able to afford them.

At unlocking hotel level 5 I had just the right amount of cash to get the Club up and going.
I brought them up level by level and ended with them lvl 5 what are you saying????if you dont get any guest to level 2 you'll find no one putting julia on level 2 i learned this on level 3-4cause i didnt find guests putting julia on lvl 3-4 cause they were still lvl 2 do not talk if you didnt do things

Maybe that there is a bug but guests of lower levels do not show if you set julia on a level too high...and it can even block the game as someone else also said because you can checkin a phantom guest and the continue button disappear
Anyway at the end of each visit it says if the guest went up a level after checkout and you can see guest level on their portraits as i said before

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I brought them up level by level and ended with them lvl 5 what are you saying????
The guests are locked to the hotel level, and what level you have Julia accept when you check them in. Not the employee level, like you said.

Reactions: S3pHiroTh

lancecomwar

Oct 5, 2017

Eh I greatly enjoy this game, but I'd still say that the cost to get some later rooms is a bit much. Getting the pool to get very far with Annika or Laura or to get the Security Room for Hana and the main story seemed to take too long. I enjoy the gameplay/ "grind" so I can deal with it, but it may be a bit too much for the normal gameplay. Or maybe I just suck at managing the guests. Again, I love it, but I dunno if it's balanced for normal... then again, hard and very hard aren't in it, so maybe normal mode will be more straightforward later

Um yes, thanks, I am aware of how this game works, I just had a bug where I couldn't click continue which hasn't seemed to be replicated by anyone.

Also, on a side note, for anyone working directly with faerin, I noticed that I got the pool scene with the nun despite not having the pool remodeled yet (again, took a bit to build up that cash). I remember this same problem existed with Annika when she was first added in way back when :p I'm guessing someone already pointed this out, but if not, well there ya go.

Reactions: Sycho

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
Eh I greatly enjoy this game, but I'd still say that the cost to get some later rooms is a bit much. Getting the pool to get very far with Annika or Laura or to get the Security Room for Hana and the main story seemed to take too long. I enjoy the gameplay/ "grind" so I can deal with it, but it may be a bit too much for the normal gameplay. Or maybe I just suck at managing the guests. Again, I love it, but I dunno if it's balanced for normal... then again, hard and very hard aren't in it, so maybe normal mode will be more straightforward later
I've been doing a fresh run every 2nd version for awhile now. So I'm familiar with the fact that Annika and Laura get stuck in a sort of limbo for a bit while you wait to renovate the pool. It's never bothered me.

My 'measuring stick' for how I feel about economy balance has been the time between unlocking tier 5 and being able to afford to renovate.

On my last run, 0.8.0, I equipped the MC with the 2 best +x% cash cards, the best legendary +% all card, and the new +8% cash ring.
With that set-up, when I hit tier 5 I had enough cash to immediately renovate the 5th guest room and the Club (and upgrade it with an extra seat and the satisfaction upgrade), while having enough money left to not worry about the next payroll.
Then, by the time I caught up on Annika's events, when I unlocked Yoga I had the right amount of cash for that too.

Everyone's approach to playing differs, so, YMMV.
But, for me, the economy balance was as good at it gets.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018

Um yes, thanks, I am aware of how this game works, I just had a bug where I couldn't click continue which hasn't seemed to be replicated by anyone.

Also, on a side note, for anyone working directly with faerin, I noticed that I got the pool scene with the nun despite not having the pool remodeled yet (again, took a bit to build up that cash). I remember this same problem existed with Annika when she was first added in way back when :p I'm guessing someone already pointed this out, but if not, well there ya go.
No, we haven't received any reports about that either (here or on Discord), but I'll look into it.

Follow-up
I've confirmed that event with Nora can be done regardless if the pool was renovated or not and have reported it to Faerin. Thanks for the report. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDevian

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017

I've been doing a fresh run every 2nd version for awhile now. So I'm familiar with the fact that Annika and Laura get stuck in a sort of limbo for a bit while you wait to renovate the pool. It's never bothered me.

My 'measuring stick' for how I feel about economy balance has been the time between unlocking tier 5 and being able to afford to renovate.

On my last run, 0.8.0, I equipped the MC with the 2 best +x% cash cards, the best legendary +% all card, and the new +8% cash ring.
With that set-up, when I hit tier 5 I had enough cash to immediately renovate the 5th guest room and the Club (and upgrade it with an extra seat and the satisfaction upgrade), while having enough money left to not worry about the next payroll.
Then, by the time I caught up on Annika's events, when I unlocked Yoga I had the right amount of cash for that too.

Everyone's approach to playing differs, so, YMMV.
But, for me, the economy balance was as good at it gets.
Hey guys, thank you for the feedback!
Information like this really helps me to balance the game.

It's good to know it has improved in the last few versions.
If you have any suggestions for improving the limbo you mentioned, I'd gladly hear them (or any other suggestions for that matter). For instance, would making the pool renovation a bit cheaper help, and if so, what would be a better cost in your opinion? (Assuming this will be "normal" difficulty).
Tweaking guest rewards is a bit more tricky, but changing renovation costs (or adding some upgrades to a room) is easy to implement.

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020

If you have any suggestions for improving the limbo you mentioned, I'd gladly hear them (or any other suggestions for that matter). For instance, would making the pool renovation a bit cheaper help, and if so, what would be a better cost in your opinion? (Assuming this will be "normal" difficulty).
Tweaking guest rewards is a bit more tricky, but changing renovation costs (or adding some upgrades to a room) is easy to implement.
You're one of a few devs who's work is good enough to make me feel a tad guilty about being a filthy pirate ;)
To assuage that guilt I just try to put in a bit of effort to report bugs and offer feedback.
Least I can do, right?
Anyhow...

The limbo with Laura and, especially, Annika isn't really a matter of cost, it's a matter of when.
We can bring them into the hotel at 3, but the pool is at 4. So when we progress to their events that require the pool, they've got to wait. And Annika's 1st pool event is in her first group.

Off the top of my head...
The only way to smooth that out, without totally screwing up the existing flow of the game, would be something along the lines of:
Begin renovations at 3. Mickey does the work, but tells you 'due to local ordinances, you won't be able to open the pool to guests until you've maintained water quality at the proper levels for x. Oh sure, it's safe for the staff, but... laws' And that he won't charge for the work until you can actually open it (at 4).
It's imperfect, but... it would let players begin advancing the girls locked behind pool events.

alukaa

Nov 5, 2018
I havent read through all the comments recently, so i may be flamed. But does the GUI fail to load very often. Im aware to save each planning session. But goddam the GUI sucks

lancecomwar

Oct 5, 2017

Well, personally, it's more just how long it took to unlock the pool and Security Room, leaving Annika and Hana in a state of limbo as I couldn't progress their story or even hire them until I got a lot of money, but it isn't really that big a deal to me, it just leaves them a bit lopsided as I can get the other girls to rank 3 or 4 before I can progress with the later girls at all. I don't really have a problem nor a solution to that, since that may be your goal, it just means as soon as I can afford the nearly 50k to get the pool I'm suddenly bombarded with a bunch of annika after not being able to progress her. And it doesn't take that long relatively anyway, just find it a tad odd for them to be so lopsided but I guess that's the design haha

Reactions: Faerin

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Well, personally, it's more just how long it took to unlock the pool and Security Room, leaving Annika and Hana in a state of limbo as I couldn't progress their story or even hire them until I got a lot of money, but it isn't really that big a deal to me, it just leaves them a bit lopsided as I can get the other girls to rank 3 or 4 before I can progress with the later girls at all. I don't really have a problem nor a solution to that, since that may be your goal, it just means as soon as I can afford the nearly 50k to get the pool I'm suddenly bombarded with a bunch of annika after not being able to progress her. And it doesn't take that long relatively anyway, just find it a tad odd for them to be so lopsided but I guess that's the design haha
I use this time to train them up in the Study, so that when I DO reach these levels, they are ready to 'perform'. ;)

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
I havent read through all the comments recently, so i may be flamed. But does the GUI fail to load very often. Im aware to save each planning session. But goddam the GUI sucks
If the GUI fails, probably you are playing in story mode and you are check-in Nora which has a bug in 0.8.1 version but it has been fixed in 0.8.1b version but it hasn't been uploaded here, so if you are playing in story mode, don't check-in Nora and the game will be playable.

Last edited:

alukaa

Nov 5, 2018
Can you attach your save, please?
Sure ill upload it now, but just to advise, the quote below will likely explain the problem.

If the GUI fails, probably you are playing in story mode and you are check-in Nora which has a bug in 0.8.1 version but it has been fixed in 0.8.1b version but it hasn't been uploaded here, so if you are playing in story mode, don't check-in Nora and the game will be playable.
Ah fml, all of my saves have nora on there

4.00 star(s) 237 Votes