Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Essentially a clean folder. The folder did have the zip for 0.5, but I never got around to extracting and running that version. Looks I did have it, I did delete it before extracting the new one
"Essentially" sounds like you're either not sure or you have overwritten an earlier version.

1) You have to extract v0.1.1c to a clean folder without overwriting any past versions. There's no leeway on this as it will cause problems with your game/save and can carry over to any future updates.
2) You can use saves from 0.1.0, but saves from versions prior to that and you will need to start a new game.

K1ng

Jun 9, 2017
"Essentially" sounds like you're either not sure or you have overwritten an earlier version.

1) You have to extract v0.1.1c to a clean folder without overwriting any past versions. There's no leeway on this as it will cause problems with your game/save and can carry over to any future updates.
2) You can use saves from 0.1.0, but saves from versions prior to that and you will need to start a new game.
The .rar was in the same folder as a previous version's .rar, but when I extract it I extract it to a new folder from the .rar. In this case Mystwood_Manor_v0.1.1c. No prior save was used as I didn't

Anyway I moved the .rar to a completely new folder and was able to get the bug where Julia doesn't appear in the lobby but still gets the exp. Closing and restarting the game fixed that issue so my save won't help with that.

I'm not going to be able to provide much more info and it doesn't seem to affect many others. I'm just gonna work around it if it happens in future versions

Last edited:

MotH_like25

Aug 18, 2018
Hey you. I know that recently already in the posts here I'm pushy. As for the language (mine in the game) is not, that's not what I mean, but I would like something I can suggest to make it easier for me to use the game and maybe others. I know that only this is a forum after Mystwood Manor, but if anyone played here with people maybe in Milfy City and with such a tool as "Lain's Walkthrough Mod", and if you add something similar to Mystwood Manor, I think such a mod would facilitate progress in the game. Because that's where it worked out pretty well. So would there be a chance for such a thing or not.
Here are the links: , what it looks like in this game and how it could look in Mystwood Manor.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Hey you. I know that recently already in the posts here I'm pushy. As for the language (mine in the game) is not, that's not what I mean, but I would like something I can suggest to make it easier for me to use the game and maybe others. I know that only this is a forum after Mystwood Manor, but if anyone played here with people maybe in Milfy City and with such a tool as "Lain's Walkthrough Mod", and if you add something similar to Mystwood Manor, I think such a mod would facilitate progress in the game. Because that's where it worked out pretty well. So would there be a chance for such a thing or not.
Here are the links: , what it looks like in this game and how it could look in Mystwood Manor.
Mods like that are based on Renpy, I'm not sure it would even be possible for a Unity game such as Mystwood Manor.

Reactions: TheDevian

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Mods like that are based on Renpy, I'm not sure it would even be possible for a Unity game such as Mystwood Manor.
It is possible to modify an Unity game, but it's more complicated. RenPy SDK is open-source, and anybody can download it, also it's less complex. Another issue is, you need competency with C-sharp (C#) for building and modifying Unity games. Unity games are coded in C#, RenPy in Python. To cut it short, there are people who can do this, but not as many as RenPy modders.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
It is possible to modify an Unity game, but it's more complicated. RenPy SDK is open-source, and anybody can download it, also it's less complex. Another issue is, you need competency with C-sharp (C#) for building and modifying Unity games. Unity games are coded in C#, RenPy in Python. To cut it short, there are people who can do this, but not as many as RenPy modders.
It's more complex than that - with Ren'Py games it's easy to get the sources. With Unity you'd have to use a decompiler, then change that code, then recompile it. And debugging is tougher - in Ren'Py you can drop into the console and poke at things. With a Unity game you have to use a real debugger, which is harder. As you said, not as many people can do that.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
The .rar was in the same folder as a previous version's .rar, but when I extract it I extract it to a new folder from the .rar. In this case Mystwood_Manor_v0.1.1c. No prior save was used as I didn't

Anyway I moved the .rar to a completely new folder and was able to get the bug where Julia doesn't appear in the lobby but still gets the exp. Closing and restarting the game fixed that issue so my save won't help with that.

I'm not going to be able to provide much more info and it doesn't seem to affect many others. I'm just gonna work around it if it happens in future versions
If it happens again, please let us know and provide a save as well so we can try to reproduce the bug.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
how do i save my game ?? every options when start is locked ? So when i start a game i cant even save because that option is also locked ? i dont understand this.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
how do i save my game ?? every options when start is locked ? So when i start a game i cant even save because that option is also locked ? i dont understand this.
There are two reasons for this
1. You haven't unpacked the game and are trying to play from inside the Rar file
2. you have unpacked the game in a place where you don't have permissions to create new files
If it is the second move the whole Game folder to your desktop and try it from there

There will be a warning under the main menu

1591354701896.png

If it is only the save that is locked you can only save the game on the planning screen and it only unlocks when you have done a good deal of the tutorial

SirAuron20

May 11, 2017
whats the new content btw? its been few in game days and everytime i visit them nothing happens, havent unlocked the bar yet though

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
I got blank white card on my first try on 0.1.1c.
She says it's the path of 4

Is this an intended issue?
Does it happen all the time or is it just a one-off, if it happens again could you please post a screenshot

whats the new content btw? its been few in game days and everytime i visit them nothing happens, havent unlocked the bar yet though
There are 5 items to find by exploring Mystwood Manor
There are three events in the Woods
There are now 7 scenes each for Julia and Amber, by checking on them at various times while they are working

Reactions: SirAuron20

stcx

Nov 12, 2017
My game froze at the lobby when I tried to have 2 guest simultaneously at the hotel. So beware.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
My game froze at the lobby when I tried to have 2 guest simultaneously at the hotel. So beware.
Can you attach your save and a copy of your player log, please?
Saves: look in (game path)\profile
Player log: C:\Users\user-account\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes