Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
• Closing the traits no longer resets the available options.

Please tell me that doesn't mean what I think it means?!?
What I think that means is: I'll no longer be able to quickly cycle through the 3 random traits 'RNGesus' gives me until I see the one I'm looking for.
Assuming it means exactly that: What does cause the available options to reset?
Shift change? Day change?
I've had bad luck streaks with RNG, having to cycle the traits a dozen or more times to get the one I'm looking for.
That'd mean 3-4 game days if it resets with shift change (annoying, but tolerable) to 2 game weeks if it resets on day change (Umm... No thank you!)
The final option would be that it never resets... and I'll just give that a big ole' "F&#* this!"
It means what you think it means and it does not reset without using pills to start over.

A reset with day change/shift change/similar would be okay, but the old system was of course silly, too, because you basically could pick any. Granted, that could work as well but then it would be a strange UI to do that.

Reactions: EmperorGus

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
It means what you think it means and it does not reset without using pills to start over.

A reset with day change/shift change/similar would be okay, but the old system was of course silly, too, because you basically could pick any. Granted, that could work as well but then it would be a strange UI to do that.
That's what I was afraid of. :cry:

From my point of view, this is a make-or-break feature in the game. And it's currently on the side of broken.
Because, while I enjoy management games, I strongly dislike micro-management games.
Without the ability to get just the right mix of traits, I'd be stuck juggling cards every shift when Sofia and/or Nora are in the hotel. And card juggling like that is the sort of micro-management that I hate.

And the reset pills aren't a solution.
Because the odds of 'RNGesus' giving me just the right mix of choices 4 or 5 times in a row are absurdly miniscule.

I typically do a full run every other release and this is my 'off' cycle, so hopefully the next release has a reasonable solution.
Updating the choices each shift change would be OK. It's still 3 or 4 days wait time, if you're a little unlucky.
Changing overnight is a no-go. That's could easily be 2 game weeks waiting for the right trait.
Another option would be to introduce another pill you have to buy from Fiz. One that lets the player pick from the full list of her available traits.

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
That's what I was afraid of. :cry:
It was always intended to work like this, as it does with most similar games.
Otherwise, it could have just been a list of all the traits you could pick from, or a skill tree for instance.
It wasn't designed with that intention.

That being said, you could just save before showing the available options, and "save-scum" until you get what you want ;)

Reactions: EmperorGus

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
It was always intended to work like this, as it does with most similar games.
Otherwise, it could have just been a list of all the traits you could pick from, or a skill tree for instance.
It wasn't designed with that intention.
Yeah. I'd always assumed the ability to quickly refresh the choices was temporary.
Just didn't know which way it was going to land when it was finished.
I expected (hoped?) it'd be one where the choices refreshed on either shift change or overnight.
But locked in choices?... I'm of the opinion you're making a mistake with that one. :p
That being said, you could just save before showing the available options, and "save-scum" until you get what you want ;)
Ok. That's an important piece of info. Thank you.
I've seen games where devs go out of their way to discourage that sort of save-scumming by having the RNG happen, and then lock in, far in advance.
At least now I know you didn't do that and I'll be able to save just beforehand. And scum it if I need to, in order to keep the micro-management out of it.

L3z1l3

Aug 19, 2018
Is there any way to remove negative traits from guests or is there any such feature planned for future versions?

Deckmaster

Jul 30, 2017
Is there any way to remove negative traits from guests or is there any such feature planned for future versions?
Use the Card the Alchemist and you have 33% chance the one equiped it to might forget the negative trait over night.

RedRoajs1

Red Rose
Donor
Jun 15, 2017
Mystwood Manor
Optimum Build and Job Assignment Guide

Hello everyone, this is Red Rose (redroajs1). I felt that the complexity of the game's mechanics and the interactions between the different systems of the game, might cause some people to resort to either just foregoing the game altogether, or just downloading a full save and missing out on the fun progression, gameplay, and character interactions that this game has. Some completionists or perfectionists might also pass on the game due to feeling like they aren't willing to commit as much time as they might end up dedicating to it, since, once they start playing, their nature might make them unable to stop until they have fully optimized everything, and giving up on doing so part way through could start to eat at them (trust me, I understand this feeling intimately).

As such, I have taken the time to optimize everything myself and post it here, so that others can enjoy the game fully without having to think about all of this. If you are like me and enjoy figuring out stuff like this in games, please stop reading further and try it for yourself! It was a blast doing so for myself. If you are continuing to read, I should let you know that with this post I have also attached a text file of this entire build guide for easy download, better viewing experience, or just plain convenience.

Please do note that this guide was made based entirely on the V0.9.23 version of the game on June 27, 2022. I do not expect there to be many more Items, Cards, or Traits released for any of the girls from here on out (if indeed any new ones are released for them at all). I believe this because there is now 1 Multi-Job Card, 1 Single-Job Card, 1 Item, and 1 Trait that all increase the Job stat for each of the 9 Jobs. The dev Faerin, bless their kind soul, has also just recently released a public poll as part of the final stage of selecting a new game to start working on, indicating that V1.o is likely very near. Nevertheless, I have still tried to futureproof this build to the best of my ability, along with also stating instructions on how to potentially optimize the build further if there are any changes.

*Important Note 1: The way to follow this guide is very simple. For any Job available, you just have to choose the girl who has it as a Main Job. If there is a Job for which the girl who has it assigned as her Main Job is currently off doing something else (such as Upkeep tasks like Maintenance, or normal tasks like Restaurant), or is currently ill and being tended to in the Hospital, then simply choose a girl who has the Job assigned as her [Secondary Job]. For Traits, level up the (Highest) ones to the max possible amount first, then max the [Second-Highest] ones as far as possible, and lastly, level up the {Third-Highest} ones only up to level 2. And finally, for Card$s and Item!s, try to get the (Main) ones first, next get the [Secondary], then {Tertiary}, and lastly you can even choose to not get the <Just extra> stuff or just change them for other stuff you like.

Name - Main Job [Secondary Job 1/ Job 2] (Main Item! or Card$) [Secondary Item! or Card$] {Tertiary Item! or Card$} <Just extra> (Highest Trait) [Second-Highest Trait] {Third-Highest Trait}

Julia - Resting [Housekeeping/Kitchen] (Socialite$) (Bell!) [Housemaid$] {Duster!} <Host$> (Foodie) [Diplomatic] {Meticulous}

Amber - Restaurant/Bar [2 Main Jobs] (Innkeeper$) (Plate!) [Barkeeper$] {Wench$} {Shaker!} (Polite) [Neat Freak] {Flirty}

Riley - Sauna/Gym [2 Main Jobs] (Fire Eater$) (Essential Oil!) [Strong Woman$] <Wicked$> <Dummies!> (Fitness Freak) [Cool Headed] {Athletic}

Kay - Kitchen [Bar/Maintenance] (Cook$) (Spoon!) [Adventurer$] [Fragrances!] {Tinkerer$} {Multi Tool!} (Flirty) [Technician] {Foodie}

Laura - Pool [Massage/Hospital] (Mermaid$) (Buoy!) [Temptress$] {Nurse$} {Stethoscope!} (Healthy) (Dexterous) [Nurturing] {Water Rat}

Annika - Yoga [Gym/Sauna] (Athlete$) (Sweatbands!) [Contortionist$] {Candle!} <Bride$> (Yogi) [Cool Headed] {Athletic}

Hana - Massage [Club/Security] (Courtesan$) (Massage Oil!) [Herbalist$] {Shield Bearer$} {Walkie Talkie!} (Popular) [Vigilant] {Dexterous}

Catalina - Club [Yoga] (Dancer$) (Microphone!) <Skeleton$> <Servant$> <Earrings!> (Exotic) [Flexible] {Popular}

*Important Note 2: If any new Item! or Trait releases that increases guest satisfaction by resting, similar to what Socialite$ does, that will be the priority for Julia. For example, if such an Item! releases, you would take Duster! off and put the new Item! in instead.

While it is completely fine to stop reading at this point, since the guide itself ends here, I recommend reading the rest of this to get a general understanding of what this build is trying to optimize for, and also about how to potentially increase the difficulty of the game or futureproof it even further. As for which Card$s to choose for the MC, it is entirely up to you. Obviously, the higher tier ones are better, and I'd personally recommend getting the Nocturnal, but other than that it is up to preference. I prefer getting Nocturnal first, and then some combination of negative events reduction and positive events increase, or sometimes even use the Fortune Teller if I'm feeling lazy and don't feel like checking the Quick Guide for the correct answers to questions. Nonetheless, thanks for checking out the guide to this point, and if you aren't reading further on, I wish you a good game!

Final Job Stat Distribution:

Julia - HKeeping 20 Kitchen 15

Amber - Restaurant 30 Bar 25

Riley - Sauna 25 Gym 25

Kay - Kitchen 25 Bar 20

Laura - Pool 25 Massage 20

Annika - Yoga 25 Gym 20 Sauna 15

Hana - Massage 25 Club 20

Catalina - Club 30 Yoga 15

*Important Note 3: All shown final stats are raised by an additional 15 while Julia is resting and MC is working for Customer Service in the Office. The room-specific upgrades add an additional 5 on top of that too. This means that, along with correct answers and some service levels, all satisfaction checks will be at 100%.

*Semi-Important Note 4:
This build has been formulated very deliberately such that it is easy to follow in terms of figuring out the order for progressing things, such that it has a modularly layered structure constructed in a way that the build still works at reduced layers, and finally also as such that it is still viable for masochists who want to artificially up the difficulty by not using Card$ and Item! slots (which could also potentially be how the Hard and Nightmare difficulty levels that will release later on will increase the difficulty). These three aspects of this build are all accomplished in the same stroke through the (Main), [Secondary], {Tertiary}, and <Just extra> designation brackets. For instance, those aiming for smaller goals during progression can first focus on the (Main) Item!s, Card$s, and Traits, then on the [Secondary] ones, and so forth.

*Not-That-Important-But-You've-Got-This-Far-Haven't-You-Mate-Might-As-Well-Read-It-Too Note 5:
Those aforementioned masochists who want to up the ante can choose to forego all {Tertiary} and <Just Extra> Card$ and Item!s, which just means leaving all the last Item! and Card$ slots empty. This is also a common way that games often increase difficulty, so it could very well be the case that the Hard or Nightmare difficulties that will come later on might also increase the difficulty by simply restricting the player to 2 Card$ slots and 1 Item! slot for all the girls. At this stage, the build should still be fully viable and almost fully optimized. However, if you want to up the ante even further, you could forego all the {Third-Highest Trait}s as well so that you only have one non-unique Trait for each girl. In this case, you would have to choose the Trait that you keep on each girl in such a way that each individual Job is only raised once by a Trait across all the girls. Even at this stage, after changing around the Traits a little bit according to how I just mentioned, this build should even now be fully viable, though by this point only moderately optimized. I don't think this build is fully viable if you forego the [Secondary] stuff too on top of all that, though even then it should get you extremely far still, since I made it so it is still somewhat optimized even at that point (and it might actually still be barely fully viable, but I am not at all certain).

Last But Not Least: I thank you immensely for taking the time to read this long guide. If you found it helpful or would like to see this get linked in the OP, do consider giving this post a like. Doing so also gives me a small dopamine boost, which is much appreciated. I hope that you all have an absolutely wonderful week ahead mates, and I wish you and all your family good health! : )

Silanaq

May 1, 2021
hello , have me today the latest update downloaded and installed. Start am continue to play but in a tour the employees are sick and the rooms up to 5 at a time must be renovated. almost not playable key has all the time always everything under control only now without guests 3 times in a row the club 2 times the bar and 3 times the sauna without that they were used that can not be right. Lg silana

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
hello , have me today the latest update downloaded and installed. Start am continue to play but in a tour the employees are sick and the rooms up to 5 at a time must be renovated. almost not playable key has all the time always everything under control only now without guests 3 times in a row the club 2 times the bar and 3 times the sauna without that they were used that can not be right. Lg silana
Use the guest level select button when you assign Julia to the lobby to get the level of the guests you want that use those locations.

Jengis

Sep 21, 2019
Hi All,
Having 'cracked the case' the lst mission on the progression list for the MC, it says tell Richard. But I cant tell him anything, just the normal chat options. How do I progress? Also, what 'special item' do you need to complete the extra progression for all of the girls?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Hi All,
Having 'cracked the case' the lst mission on the progression list for the MC, it says tell Richard. But I cant tell him anything, just the normal chat options. How do I progress? Also, what 'special item' do you need to complete the extra progression for all of the girls?
That part hasn't been implemented yet (talking to Richard about what you've learned).

As far as the item you need, this is what you need to do:
  • Go to the General Store and purchase the fishing rod and flashlight.
  • Go to the Royal Stag and talk to Libby about skinny dipping.
  • Explore the lake to fish in order to find the bronze spider
  • Explore the woods to find a bronze crown.
  • Explore Isabella's cottage to find the bronze rectangle.
  • Explore the cave and put the items on the correct statues.
  • Take the nude figurine (revealed by the middle statue).
  • Go to the Manor and equip the figurine to your MC and claim the girls' rewards.
All 3 items can only be found by exploring during the day.

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
In this game you must not rush . Take your time, first develop the employees and renovate the hotel to some extent. And collect a lot of cards from isabella. Especially those who cut the salaries of the employees. Increase hotel lv as late as possible.

Reactions: larry5168 and Sycho
May 17, 2020
Can someone help me please, the game is stuck and I get the message that it stopped working and the game closes, I can only play about 10 minutes and that error happens to me, any solution to that.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes