Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I am having the same issue, even tried using the uploaded day 3 save and it just black screens at the end of the day again. Also on story mode (i do not want to play a hotel sim). I went step by step with all your directions and nothing works. This is the only AVN ive ever had an issue with and ive played alot. Only button i can click is Skip but nothing happens.
Can you attach your player log, please?
Use the Windows + R keys and paste the following in your Run box:
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor

You'll need to add the log to a .zip, .rar or .7z before attaching and I only need the log, not the other files/folders.

big_hawg

Jul 3, 2022
Can you attach your player log, please?
Use the Windows + R keys and paste the following in your Run box:
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor

You'll need to add the log to a .zip, .rar or .7z before attaching and I only need the log, not the other files/folders.
Hey, sorry i just went ahead and deleted my profile and started on normal mode because I was curious if I could get past day 2 without that bug freezing the game. It ended up working fine with no issue. So theres something going on with the story mode in the final release. I can upload my appdata if you want but im not sure if itll be correct anymore since i started over.

undefiniert

Nov 7, 2018
So theres something going on with the story mode in the final release.
It has always been the length of the path with the problem you described. In all cases. Story mode works fine - it uses the same videos and pictures as in the normal playthrough - you just have not to „play“ the game, it mostly plays itself.

Reactions: TheDevian and Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Hey, sorry i just went ahead and deleted my profile and started on normal mode because I was curious if I could get past day 2 without that bug freezing the game. It ended up working fine with no issue. So theres something going on with the story mode in the final release. I can upload my appdata if you want but im not sure if itll be correct anymore since i started over.
That would be correct. Once you start a new game, the log would then be regenerated. So the information would no longer show from the last playthrough where the problem occurred (the player-prev log might have it though).

Do you remember where/when the problem happened and what mode (Story or Normal) you were playing in?

Reactions: TheDevian

big_hawg

Jul 3, 2022
That would be correct. Once you start a new game, the log would then be regenerated. So the information would no longer show from the last playthrough where the problem occurred (the player-prev log might have it though).

Do you remember where/when the problem happened and what mode (Story or Normal) you were playing in?
Exact same scenario as the person described on page 800. Day 2 story mode right after speaking with Julia it rolls into night and then you cant click anything other than Skip, however it does nothing. You are permanently stuck.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Exact same scenario as the person described on page 800. Day 2 story mode right after speaking with Julia it rolls into night and then you cant click anything other than Skip, however it does nothing. You are permanently stuck.
Is that with the latest version (1.1.0) of the game?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Thanks! If you don't mind, I'd like to take a look at something from your player log just in case you might run into something like that again. Please open that up copy & paste the very top line from the log where it says: "Mono path[0]".

big_hawg

Jul 3, 2022
Mono path[0] = 'C:/Users/Alex/Desktop/New folder/Mystwood Manor v1.1.0 (Patreon - Windows)/Mystwood Manor_Data/Managed'

I would like to mention i also tried the direct path of putting the folder directly on the desktop but it didnt change a thing. That specific folder is just where i keep all my... Ahem "other" games.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Mono path[0] = 'C:/Users/Alex/Desktop/New folder/Mystwood Manor v1.1.0 (Patreon - Windows)/Mystwood Manor_Data/Managed'

I would like to mention i also tried the direct path of putting the folder directly on the desktop but it didnt change a thing. That specific folder is just where i keep all my... Ahem "other" games.
Yeah, that's still too long of a path, especially if you include the file name of the animation. So you may encounter a problem during Sofia's animated scene where it will freeze.

C:\Users\Alex\Desktop\New folder\Mystwood Manor v1.1.0 (Patreon - Windows)\Mystwood Manor_Data\StreamingAssets\gamedata\guests\sofia_fernandez\animations\events\bedroom\bj_1.mp4

Shortening the game's folder to C:\Mystwood Manor v1.1.0 (Patreon - Windows) will fix that.

big_hawg

Jul 3, 2022
Yeah, that's still too long of a path, especially if you include the file name of the animation. So you may encounter a problem during Sofia's animated scene where it will freeze.

C:\Users\Alex\Desktop\New folder\Mystwood Manor v1.1.0 (Patreon - Windows)\Mystwood Manor_Data\StreamingAssets\gamedata\guests\sofia_fernandez\animations\events\bedroom\bj_1.mp4

Shortening the game's folder to C:\Mystwood Manor v1.1.0 (Patreon - Windows) will fix that.
Interesting.... I can give it a shot later, i ended up trying normal mode and the hotel sim isnt as tedious as I thought itd be so ill probably just continue on with it but ill check your way later since you spent time helping out.

How come the folder name bugs out story mode but not normal mode?

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
How come the folder name bugs out story mode but not normal mode?
Oh it will. That's typically the most common issue we see both here and on Discord. So it's quite common. As a matter of fact, it's so common that often times players might see an error message when trying to load the game after extracting it:
path_length_error.png

Reactions: big_hawg

shawnnation

Oct 19, 2020
Is there a way of changing the mc name once it has been set? because I need to use a save after the julia bug as I cant fix it.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Sycho I tested the game, version posted here in the OP (Patreon)
(started new game in suck...story mode) I ran into the same Issue as big_hawg

Graphics settings (old card) were Ultra quality (v sync is deactivated by default my hardware don't like it)​
1280 resolution (Monitor don't support higher res)​
  1. full path (in normal mode no issues and it run smothly i could finish all without problems) game hang skip button unresposive
  2. Moved game to C:Mystwood Manor 1.01 again no problem in normal mode story mode hung exact at the same point (after tutorial, after kitchen renovation, Julia invites me to press play, activity menu shows up no matter what I select there , "Do nothing", "xplore" or "check on Staff" the game gets hung !
  • Noticed the following, It should show the Kitchen where she says she is, but the Lobby shows up.
  • the money jumps from 8500 (after kitchen renovation) to 9000 (this on the black Skip screen) again no mater what option i choose "xplore" "do nothing" etc,etc
  • Opend Task Manager and it showed 15 -16 % Cpu usage for the game and 33.3 percent Memory usage (4gb ram)
Hope that helps you My version of the game was when the 1.01 just came out​
;)so you guys take stuff'n & fleebs for Breakfast ? wow some one feel generous :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ;)
abrazo​

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ZenGarden and Sycho
4.00 star(s) 242 Votes