Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Ok, according to windows everything is up to date.
Yeah. I just went to the AMD page and it mentions something about Adrenalin, I'll install it and see if the problem persists. I hate AMD.
I actually use an AMD (RX 580 8GB) video card (and have been for a couple of years). It's been good to me so far. Nvidia (IMHO) is more of a pain because of the hoops you have to jump through most of the time. We actually see more Nvidia issues on Discord (as well as here and on Steam) with Intel following just behind that. :)

A few years ago, before AMD updated the drivers to Crimson then Adrenaline, it used to use Catalyst Control Center (CCC). CCC was a nightmare with Unity, but they've gotten better with Adrenaline.

Lycancito

Sep 11, 2021
I actually use an AMD (RX 580 8GB) video card (and have been for a couple of years). It's been good to me so far. Nvidia (IMHO) is more of a pain because of the hoops you have to jump through most of the time. We actually see more Nvidia issues on Discord (as well as here and on Steam) with Intel following just behind that. :)

A few years ago, before AMD updated the drivers to Crimson then Adrenaline, it used to use Catalyst Control Center (CCC). CCC was a nightmare with Unity, but they've gotten better with Adrenaline.
No, still the same. :cry:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
No, still the same. :cry:
Ok, let's try one more thing...

Go and download the all-in-one pack from a mirror site closest to you. Once you've downloaded the .zip file, extract its contents to a temporary folder (which you can delete later) and run the "install_all.bat" file. Then see if you still run into the same problem.

Reactions: TheDevian

Lycancito

Sep 11, 2021
Ok, let's try one more thing...

Go and download the all-in-one pack from a mirror site closest to you. Once you've downloaded the .zip file, extract its contents to a temporary folder (which you can delete later) and run the "install_all.bat" file. Then see if you still run into the same problem.
Nothing. :cry:

I tried not to talk to her and leaving her alone brings up the same screen.
If I talk to her, when I'm done I get the same screen.
If I do nothing, the same screen.
If I go out and go to town and then come back to the manor, same screen.
I think I'll play it again from the start and see if there is the same error.
Anyway, thank you. And if I keep getting the same error, I'll be bothering you some more. :D

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sycho

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020

Anyway, thank you. And if I keep getting the same error, I'll be bothering you some more. :D
Are playing in Story mode by anychance ?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018

Well it is also possible that it could be the OS causing problems (I've seen this happen with another player last year where he had to re-install the OS) or it could be the software you used to extract the game's files with.

We recommend using to extract the files with. There may have been an error during extraction and you're probably missing a file or two for the game to run. So I would start there first. Delete the game's folder and use 7-Zip to create the new one during extraction. In all likelihood, that may fix the problem.

However, it's also possible it could be the OS. I've seen that happen with a couple of players where they couldn't get the game to run either, regardless of the suggestions I mentioned. A fresh install of the OS cleared up the problem right away and they didn't have any more problems getting the game to run after that. So it's something to think about, especially if you bought the laptop secondhand with an OS already installed.

If you do decide to go with a fresh re-installation of Windows, I would recommend making sure you have a copy of the Visual C++ Redistributable all-in-one pack you downloaded earlier as well as a copy of . Install both after you've run Windows Update and after you've installed your device drivers. I would not recommend letting Windows install drivers for your hardware as those can sometimes cause a major headache. Instead, I would recommend getting those from the system manufacturer's website. To prevent Windows from installing hardware drivers, you can either use Microsoft's and hide all driver updates (use this before you actually check for updates to your system) or if you are using Windows 10 Pro, open up the Group Policy Editor by using the Windows + R key and typing in the Run box: gpedit.msc. Once the GP editor is opened, go into: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update
Double click "Do not include drivers with Windows Updates" and select "Enabled" then click "Apply".

That will prevent Windows Updates from ever getting drivers for you and causing problems with your system/hardware.

updates.jpg gpo.jpg

Last edited:

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Someone please help me. :cry:
After finishing the tutorial and going through Julia's first heart, the screen goes black with the skip option at the bottom right. But no matter how many times I click on it, it doesn't advance. I can't open the menu either.
I have tried to restart the game and I can't even get past that point.
I have a feeling that you didn't get that here and it's a bugged version of the final release of the game that was hotfixed and wherever you got it from was never updated.
I would get the version from the OP here and try that

Lycancito

Sep 11, 2021
Well it is also possible that it could be the OS causing problems (I've seen this happen with another player last year where he had to re-install the OS) or it could be the software you used to extract the game's files with.

We recommend using to extract the files with. There may have been an error during extraction and you're probably missing a file or two for the game to run. So I would start there first. Delete the game's folder and use 7-Zip to create the new one during extraction. In all likelihood, that may fix the problem.

However, it's also possible it could be the OS. I've seen that happen with a couple of players where they couldn't get the game to run either, regardless of the suggestions I mentioned. A fresh install of the OS cleared up the problem right away and they didn't have any more problems getting the game to run after that. So it's something to think about, especially if you bought the laptop secondhand with an OS already installed.

If you do decide to go with a fresh re-installation of Windows, I would recommend making sure you have a copy of the Visual C++ Redistributable all-in-one pack you downloaded earlier as well as a copy of . Install both after you've run Windows Update and after you've installed your device drivers. I would not recommend letting Windows install drivers for your hardware as those can sometimes cause a major headache. Instead, I would recommend getting those from the system manufacturer's website. To prevent Windows from installing hardware drivers, you can either use Microsoft's and hide all driver updates (use this before you actually check for updates to your system) or if you are using Windows 10 Pro, open up the Group Policy Editor by using the Windows + R key and typing in the Run box: gpedit.msc. Once the GP editor is opened, go into: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update
Double click "Do not include drivers with Windows Updates" and select "Enabled" then click "Apply".

That will prevent Windows Updates from ever getting drivers for you and causing problems with your system/hardware.

View attachment 2568842 View attachment 2568843
Okay. I just formatted my laptop and even though I made some extra progress, after unlocking the kitchen (now I can sleep) the next morning no matter what decision I make I always get the same screen.
By the way, it's story mode.

Will this laptop be cursed?:HideThePain:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Okay. I just formatted my laptop and even though I made some extra progress, after unlocking the kitchen (now I can sleep) the next morning no matter what decision I make I always get the same screen.
By the way, it's story mode.
Can you attach a copy of both your save and your player log, please?

Will this laptop be cursed?:HideThePain:
Only that your microwave might come alive at midnight. ;) :ROFLMAO:

• Wow

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Thanks! Ok, I see the problem. There was a bug in Story mode in this version (it was later hotfixed in version 1.1.1 which is not available on here). So unfortunately the only way to avoid that would be to play the game in Normal mode. I just did a new run in the version that's available on here and I didn't see any problems. So you should be good to go if you start a new Normal mode playthrough.

Lycancito

Sep 11, 2021
Thanks! Ok, I see the problem. There was a bug in Story mode in this version (it was later hotfixed in version 1.1.1 which is not available on here). So unfortunately the only way to avoid that would be to play the game in Normal mode. I just did a new run in the version that's available on here and I didn't see any problems. So you should be good to go if you start a new Normal mode playthrough.
Great, I guess I'll have to wait.
Thank you I love you. :love: :LOL:

• Haha

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Great, I guess I'll have to wait.
Thank you I love you. :love: :LOL:
Well, if you're waiting for v1.1.1, you might want to take a nap, go walk the dog, build a log cabin, a ladder to the moon... Or you could buy it on Steam or Itch. Or just play the Normal mode version so you can see some of the bonus content that you would miss out on in Story mode. :) :ROFLMAO:

And you're welcome. :)

AdultFunGamer

Jul 22, 2022
Mystwood Manor hangs after I visit Julia at work in the lobby. Only a black screen with the frames in the game can be seen. Nothing works anymore. Has anyone had that too? Is something missing?
Can it be that I have to download visual c++???

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 242 Votes