• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

JiraiyaSennin

Feb 11, 2017
Are you crashing when you go to load the save, or start the game itself?
Try removing your save folder, and see if that works.
So, if I delete my profile that I used in the previous version before the fix, with which I finished the game, the game works and lets me create a new profile. If I put the my data_*.sav in the new profile (or that of someone else who had posted a fullsave on the forum) everything freezes on the start screen, only the "need help" button works, nothing happens when you press the others.
start.jpg
If you want to try my profile you will see that if you add it to yours you will not continue with the initial screen, I repeat everything worked in the old version.

Last edited:

JiraiyaSennin

Feb 11, 2017
Did you notice any errors during extraction? Or did you overwrite an older version? We typically suggest using 7-Zip and overwriting an older version of the game can often lead to issues.
No errors even using 7zip and I always do a clean install, keeping only the save folder

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
So, if I delete my profile that I used in the previous version before the fix, with which I finished the game, the game works and lets me create a new profile. If I put the my data_*.sav in the new profile (or that of someone else who had posted a fullsave on the forum) everything freezes on the start screen, only the "need help" button works, nothing happens when you press the others.
View attachment 3224746
If you want to try my profile you will see that if you add it to yours you will not continue with the initial screen, I repeat everything worked in the old version.
No errors even using 7zip and I always do a clean install, keeping only the save folder
Can you post your auto save, please? It looks like you have a corrupt save. The main save is corrupt, just want to make sure the auto.sav isn't affected as well.

Reactions: TheDevian

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
The profile folder contains only that file...
There should have been an auto save because it's generated after every shift, and there's no way to disable that in the settings menu. If you don't have that file, unfortunately you would have to start over since your primary save is corrupt and I have no way to fix that.

EdStarkIND

Feb 22, 2022
Need help guys!

After starting the game, I am unable to do anything after the evening of 1st day in story mode. It shows 'Skip" option but it doesn't do anything except just highlighting the text. I have to Alt+f4 at this point and I am unable to progress any further.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Need help guys!

After starting the game, I am unable to do anything after the evening of 1st day in story mode. It shows 'Skip" option but it doesn't do anything except just highlighting the text. I have to Alt+f4 at this point and I am unable to progress any further.
which path you started and did you use any cheats?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Need help guys!

There's a bug in Story mode and there is no workaround or fix for it. You would have to play in Normal mode.

EdStarkIND

Feb 22, 2022
There's a bug in Story mode and there is no workaround or fix for it. You would have to play in Normal mode.
Hmm... will have to try the Normal mode then, is it more grindy than story mode and please tell me if i can use cheat mod in the Normal mode?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Hmm... will have to try the Normal mode then, is it more grindy than story mode and please tell me if i can use cheat mod in the Normal mode?
Normal mode has the management elements in it that Story mode does not have, and no, you can't use a cheat mod as it will break your game. There are, however, built-in cheats you can use.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I have version 1.1.2 if you want, I didn't understand why it hasn't been updated on the site but here you go Mega
The Steam version can't be played offline due to the Steam achievements. Which means the game will crash. Aside from that, we will not offer support for anyone playing the pirated version of the game from Steam.

Vinciz

Dec 27, 2017
The Steam version can't be played offline due to the Steam achievements. Which means the game will crash. Aside from that, we will not offer support for anyone playing the pirated version of the game from Steam.
technically I got it from his patreon, so I don't think it's pirated...and it works

4.00 star(s) 238 Votes