VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Cool'Thulhu

Sep 24, 2017
So... Kin is the cat, right? (or at least the cat is somehow related to her :unsure:)
There's no way that cat is not a person :ROFLMAO:
And besides the obvious black hair/black fur
It would totally make sense since she's been sneaking around a lot (in the background) and is "investigating" the case
(She could have also "stolen" that shirt... those sneaky catgirls, amirite :sneaky:)

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
There's definitely something fishy about that cat. And Rin, always in the background.
And who wears bunny slippers outside? That's really sus.

We don't have any witches yet, do we? So maybe that's what Rin is.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
whosthatgirl.jpg

Who's That Girl?

Did you notice some special guest stars in Chapter Three? Did you wanna get a closer look at those hotties? I can tell you how... For a price!

The price is just clicking this link, it's really no big deal.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Okay what the fuck was the ending of this chapter? I got my theories about it but the actual words that I've read coming from the character where a surprise, a welcomed one, really like the writing stile on this game, also was Reba from "Come Home"(either way it made me want to play that game again) or was it a coincidence? I haven't played the game in a while so I just played through pretty much the end of the unity thing until the end of chapter 4.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Nine of Swords I'm playing the female character, I felt that the sex scenes in this episode were kind of rushed: no animations, almost no build up, almost no seduction, no kisses, no caressing, no grabbing breasts or kissing them, few renders, etc. The sex scenes felt sterile and cold. Even when it was the first time for one of the characters, it should be something more especial, more sensual.

Everything else was good, you can tell the effort done in the story and dialogues.

Last edited:

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Nine of Swords I'm playing the female character, I felt that the sex scenes in this episode were kind of rushed: no animations, almost no build up, almost no seduction, no kisses, no caressing, no grabbing breasts or kissing them, few renders, etc. The sex scenes felt sterile and cold. Even when it was the first time for one of the characters, it should be something more especial, more sensual.

Everything else was good, you can tell the effort done in the story and dialogues.
It may just be the personalities of the characters involved this chapter; neither are the lovey type. I thought I'd actually put in more renders than usual, however, since I'm not going to be doing animations going forward (they take up too much of my time and just don't seem worth it).

I'm glad you liked everything else, though! That's the important part!

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Ok, finally started my "from the start" playthrough of the new version. Barely started but this struck me as funny.

Knowing who this character is modelled after (especially obvious with the new Nine intro), this "WTF?!?!?!?!" expression absolutely cracked me up. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
WTF.png

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
I never read / played this AVN until now which is, or rather was a huge loss on my part.

What a gem! I am genuinely amazed!

The whole preparation for the gala was like straight out of a heist movie.
The non-existing werewolves, rugs tying rooms together.

Freaking A!

The overall writing is top notch. (But then again I am a philistine when it
comes to literature! :ROFLMAO:) The story is intriguing and the characters are
truely great. It's funny in the right doses and at the right time,
it got great references in the right doses at the right time too.
Neither of those are on the nose.

Haha that demon that looks like some girly androgynous character
straight out of some weird asian (read: japanese) game. (y)

Overall attention to details and small things shows great care and heart put in.

Not to mention the dev's good taste in AVN as shown by the posters.
Or the crossovers.

The whole cast is tweaked and got a unique look to them.
Visuals are great, crisp and clear renders. Animations too.

But it's one of those VNs where you stick around for the story.
Not saying that the lewd scenes are bland or anything.
Their written discription is very well done and the animations
are great too. It's just that they story and characters > the sex scenes.
So if you are on the lookout for a romp, this is not it.

Since I am a dumb and insecure 12y/o I chose the male protagonist
only to soon realized that the female one is canon. Stupid me.
But hey, not many devs go through the length to offer both variants!! (y)
Great effort by the dev.

What can I say? Really great work Nine of Swords! I am fan now.
Godspeed and all the best for you.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Eticketjedi

Jul 15, 2022
Ok, finally started my "from the start" playthrough of the new version. Barely started but this struck me as funny.

Knowing who this character is modelled after (especially obvious with the new Nine intro), this "WTF?!?!?!?!" expression absolutely cracked me up. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
View attachment 2141817
I'm of this opinion this is her standard expression when dealing with the discord crew all day.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Thank you so much for the kind review!!! I do try to make the sex as stimulating as possible, but it's definitely not my focus. I'm glad you enjoyed the part I'm proud of!!!

I'm of this opinion this is her standard expression when dealing with the discord crew all day.
Spoken as omeone who definitely sees what my Discord is like on a daily basis... I may just make this expression my new default "WTF" reaction. Though I'd hate to replace the ostrich (which is from RJ's server, anyway)...

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Ok, this is bad.....or good....or something.....

Usually when I have to restart a game due to save restrictions the "skip" key is my friend. In this case I'm playing back through at normal speed replaying everything :unsure: Part of it is because I'm relearning some things I've forgotten due to the time since the last update, but mostly it's because I'm enjoying it just as much as I did the first time (and looking for all the "foreshadowing" in the text) :LOL::love:

This update is going to take me a while ;)

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
I'm not going to be doing animations going forward (they take up too much of my time and just don't seem worth it).
Disappointed with that. How did you come to the conclusion that animations don't seem worth it? For me and many others, animations are worth it in the sex scenes, even if they take more time to make. The sex scenes don't feel the same without them. What about making a poll at least?

zackjack177

Apr 2, 2020
Disappointed with that. How did you come to the conclusion that animations don't seem worth it? For me and many others, animations are worth it in the sex scenes, even if they take more time to make. The sex scenes don't feel the same without them. What about making a poll at least?
Im guessing Time+Money is the conclusion if you ANYTHING bout making these games, as I say to person who is asking for things on a pirate site getting game for free.

Drop that grand and you get full VR sex scene. Drop 2 Grand and you get VR AND a fleshlight.

Reactions: damnedfrog

SkyeJordan666

Sep 19, 2020
Fellow beginner dev here and I have to agree on what Nine said. Animations are a PITA as you need to individually modify bones to make a pose and move them around to make the characters move in the scene. Especially when it involves multiple characters, you might spend hours or even days to animate them. And if we use premade animations, some people would easily notice it and point it out.

Might as well just render the scene and just imagine how the sex goes. I mean, you folks do that in your spiciest dreams, right?

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes