VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
It was just a joke...
But I have create a monster!
:eek::):love::ROFLMAO:
You should have noticed that on this thread, the smallest idea can explode into a huge werewolf volcano of ideas

I think I speak for those of us interested when I say fuck that guy right in his gaping slutty mangina.

Imagine getting mad because the creator of a story wants to add more world building .... what a cockwomble.
Yeah, that's kind of like getting mad for being given a large for the price of a small :unsure:

"cockwomble" .........That's my new favorite word :love::LOL:

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
Nine of Swords, just wanted to inform you that I've updated & edited my previous FAN SIGNATURE GIF post.

All my fan sigs for "Mythos"...
  • are now hosted on F95 (not on Imgur anymore) and
  • reduced to the appropriate file size of 1 MB only (according to the forum rules for signatures),
  • with updated links.
This "update" was necessary due to the huge file size of my "old" GIFs in particular
causing some avoidable additional traffic on our forum's servers.

PLEASE make use of the "new" sigs instead and - if you're already using one of the "old" sigs of mine - update the link.

My apologizes for the inconvenience caused & thanks for your cooperation and understanding!

Last edited:

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Nine of Swords, just wanted to inform you that I've updated & edited my previous FAN SIGNATURE GIF post.

All my fan sigs for "Mythos"...
  • are now hosted on F95 (not on Imgur anymore) and
  • reduced to the appropriate file size of 1 MB only (according to the forum rules for signatures),
  • with updated links.
This "update" was necessary due to the huge file size of my "old" GIFs in particular
causing some avoidable additional traffic on our forum's servers.

PLEASE make use of the "new" sigs instead and - if you're already using one of the "old" sigs of mine - update the link.

My apologizes for the inconvenience caused & thanks for your cooperation and understanding!
Thank you for that! And I'm sorry I didn't put them in the main post (I could have sworn I did that) but it's there, now!

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Oh yes that was darn good, you made me almost cry
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:love: (y)
Almost made you cry? I gotta do better next time...

Tara is a Werewolf confirmed.

They clearly should have been listening to this:

The fact that the MC lives in the town David Byrne grew up in is not a coincidence! :D

Also, listening to The Greatest Show? My MC would never do such a thing. My immersion is ruined forever. :mad:
The MC is a musical nerd, and I had to see what the most recent one to hit the theatres was (though I really do like the soundtrack)!

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Nope, not getting out of it now hun, it's written in yellow and purple for all to see.

We now has written proofs that if you twist the words a bit and some creative thinking along with sprinkling of because I said so, we have written proof Tara is a Wolf person thing.

Side note, do you have any idea how long I spent trying to come up with a rhyming or even pun like name regarding Tara and Werewolves.

I got nothing.

I got loads for Wendy with only the minor issue of having absolutely no Wendy's in the story holding me back.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Almost made you cry? I gotta do better next time...

The fact that the MC lives in the town David Byrne grew up in is not a coincidence! :D

The MC is a musical nerd, and I had to see what the most recent one to hit the theatres was (though I really do like the soundtrack)!
Ok you got me I cried.... Y-You werewolf! :D :ROFLMAO:
Jokes apart I really cried at that part, loved the atmosphere and the feeling this first part of the script gives it's sweet, nostalgic but also filled with premises for a better future for Kylie and Tara.
And once again that's why I love so much both of them, they are "real" there as well as it was already in the game thanks to the fact that your skills are so good in conveying such a feeling to us.
Can't wait to see and read more!:)

Last edited:

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Well... you asked for it!

View attachment 1791561

Tales from Mythos: "The Road to Nowhere"

Well, if this is crap, I don't mind to be reincarnated as a dung beetle in my next life.
:)

It's a cool story.
The bit about the moon and the creature whose name begins with a 'W' ;) make me laugh.
Even if I think it's more astronomical that astrological.
And I love how you put some hint about Tara's feeling on Kylie.

I just don't get all the music references.
I think it's not my kind of music...

And in your foreword, you mention a bikini top, but I don't find any mention of it in the story.

To conclude, I want more!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Even if I think it's more astronomical that astrological.
I was kinda struggling with which one to use; astronomical would be the sciencey way to put it, but Kylie was thinking of it in more of a mystical way (thus the werewolf accusation). It's also possible Kylie got the two mixed up!

I just don't get all the music references.
I think it's not my kind of music...
The Greatest Showman is a musical film that came out in 2018 (the year the story is set). Kylie has already mentioned being a theatre nerd (like myself), so she's always going to see whatever movie musicals she can, since theatre tickets are expensive!

Dolly Parton's "9 to 5" is a classic Country song that actually got to #1 of the pop charts in the early 80s. There was also a movie by the same name (featuring Dolly Parton), so it was a really popular song. Thus why Tara mentioned much of her musical taste was inherited from her grandmother. It was more recently featured in Deadpool 2, which also came out in 2018 (thus why Kylie knows it, but only the chorus).

And in your foreword, you mention a bikini top, but I don't find any mention of it in the story.
I didn't say bikini by name, but:

The Road to Nowhere said:
Kylie cranked up the AC to the maximum, then she and Tara changed into shorts and their swimsuit tops to wait outside for things to cool off.
I also just wanted to do a render of the two of them in shorts and bikini tops -- I hope nobody minds! ;)

To conclude, I want more!
Well, there is still the drive home, if anybody wants to see the aftermath of Key West. There's also other little mundane stories, that could happen! Tara has two more possibilities, as her interactions with Rain or her grandmother. I already did one for Mara/Jessica Lee. I don't think I'm quite ready to show more of Monica's past yet, and definitely not going to show anything of Sophia and B's history until that's revealed in the game.

I'm avoiding doing any stories of Kylie and Lisa together, for reasons that will only make sense later.

Hell, there could even be a bit about the absolute vortex of chaos that is Violet with the Convocation!

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Well, there is still the drive home, if anybody wants to see the aftermath of Key West. There's also other little mundane stories, that could happen! Tara has two more possibilities, as her interactions with Rain or her grandmother. I already did one for Mara/Jessica Lee. I don't think I'm quite ready to show more of Monica's past yet, and definitely not going to show anything of Sophia and B's history until that's revealed in the game.

I'm avoiding doing any stories of Kylie and Lisa together, for reasons that will only make sense later.

Hell, there could even be a bit about the absolute vortex of chaos that is Violet with the Convocation!
I'll just say this hun....

If you're ever bored or just feel like writing a short story then most of us are up for that. Anything we can get to flesh out characters we'll eat that shit up.

Of course there will be those that expect you to only work on the game because they don't understand you can't sit at it 24/7.

I don't like mocking people ........... okay, maybe I do ......... but anyone complaining about short stories fleshing out a world being built to span several VN's is a complete and utter idiot and not worth the time.

Even if the characters themselves don't move over to the other books the world itself will and that's what gets built up. Through their mundane lives we get little bits of insight into a much larger world and what goes on in it.

At the end of the day this is YOUR baby. If you want to write the occasional short then you do your thing. You have plenty of us interested in your work to make it worthwhile.

It's not worth getting down over the gobshite class clown getting mad because you want to flesh out your story. Nobody else takes them seriously.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Well... you asked for it!

View attachment 1791561

Tales from Mythos: "The Road to Nowhere"

How the hell did I not see this on Tuesday? :eek:
Too good.

Tara is a Werewolf confirmed.
Yup. I used to be into lunar photography with my telescope and I don't know the proper moon phases. Tara is a Werewolf.

*cough* *cough* *bullshit* *cough* *bullshit* *cough*

WW2.png

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
I was kinda struggling with which one to use; astronomical would be the sciencey way to put it, but Kylie was thinking of it in more of a mystical way (thus the werewolf accusation). It's also possible Kylie got the two mixed up!
Sorry, my scientific mind has spoken :)
I just don't like when people mix some old superstition with science.

The Greatest Showman is a musical film that came out in 2018 (the year the story is set). Kylie has already mentioned being a theatre nerd (like myself), so she's always going to see whatever movie musicals she can, since theatre tickets are expensive!

Dolly Parton's "9 to 5" is a classic Country song that actually got to #1 of the pop charts in the early 80s. There was also a movie by the same name (featuring Dolly Parton), so it was a really popular song. Thus why Tara mentioned much of her musical taste was inherited from her grandmother. It was more recently featured in Deadpool 2, which also came out in 2018 (thus why Kylie knows it, but only the chorus).
For The Greatest Showman, I had searched it on internet.
But I wasn't brave enough to listen any of it.
I was waiting from Avaron1974 to do it, then give us a report of her experience in her unbeatable prose :LOL:

And I have figure that Dolly was Dolly Parton.
But I must admit, it's just a name for me.
I never listen to her music.
I'm definitively not in country music.

I didn't say bikini by name, but:

I also just wanted to do a render of the two of them in shorts and bikini tops -- I hope nobody minds!
Well, I MIND!... that you do only one render of these two hot and sexy girls.
I love how in this pic, Kylie stares at the sky, but Tara stares at Kylie.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I love how in this pic, Kylie stares at the sky, but Tara stares at Kylie.
This is one of my favourite renders I've done, because I think I actually really nailed the expressions -- Kylie finally starting to get over Lisa and looking upward, while Tara just has this sad smile, looking at someone (she believes) she'll never have.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
For The Greatest Showman, I had searched it on internet.
But I wasn't brave enough to listen any of it.
I was waiting from Avaron1974 to do it, then give us a report of her experience in her unbeatable prose
May have to hand over my girl card after this but I have never seen Greatest Showman.

I've never been into musicals and I prefer comedy or action movies so it's not something I was interested in seeing. I've probably heard the songs on the radio but I couldn't tell you what they are.

Tara just has this sad smile, looking at someone (she believes) she'll never have.
Now I have to play again to get them back together after reading that.

Sad Tara is not allowed.

We don't know what an upset Werewolf is capable of.

One day the Werewolf jokes will get a bit too much and have to stop ..... fortunately this is not that time.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 63 Votes