VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Mine would likewise be without sex or illustrations -- the original version of what has become "Mythos Book One" had an asexual main character (Jodi Nelson), whom I have repurposed to fit another role in the Mythos universe.

If I do publish the novel version, I think I will end up re-writing it with significant changes. I'd probably switch to make Kylie the main character as she is in the game, and expand Tara's role from what she had in the book.

Fun background trivia (I probably said this already, but whatever!) -- in the novel, Tara's entire role was the MC went to the gas station, saw Tara (who was an acquaintance, not best friend), and Tara was like "hey, did you hear Lisa Harrison died?"

... and that's it. Tara sets Jodi on the path to wonder what happened to Lisa (who was just a friend, not an ex-lover) and she's never seen again.

People can bitch more than they do here? Shocking! (Just kidding, I'm a Star Wars fan -- I know all about how toxic people get)

After I posted this, a friend gently reminded me that they're a publisher, so I may have more options available than I'd thought!

Neither of those things! That's an actual shot from Chapter Three, too -- not just something I made for the update.

That's exactly what it is! :D You hear the very first snippet of it during Aiden's minor intro flash during the Gala, but in Chapter Three you get to hear the full version.

Sylvia's theme, however, does not sound like the snippet you heard for her intro. The title of her track may be a hint as to why... :devilish:
I HAD to facepalm you, I had to.

you.....
...have......
.....a.....
.......friend.....
.........who.....
...........is.....
.............a.....
PUBLISHER!!!

Facepalm_statue.jpg

write your dang book! You've proven you can write a story people are interested in!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I HAD to facepalm you, I had to.

you.....
...have......
.....a.....
.......friend.....
.........who.....
...........is.....
.............a.....
PUBLISHER!!!

View attachment 1865522

write your dang book! You've proven you can write a story people are interested in!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
To be fair, I forgot he was a publisher until he brought it up! If I pursue being an author (Rin argues that I'm already an author), I'll definitely be entering a partnership there.

The whole reason I begun this venture was because I didn't think people would bother reading my stuff unless I made it more accessible (thus I turn it into a game) and added sex.

EDIT: I think most of you may have guessed that I'm not the best at being confident in myself.

Last edited:

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
To be fair, I forgot he was a publisher until he brought it up! If I pursue being an author (Rin argues that I'm already an author), I'll definitely be entering a partnership there.

The whole reason I begun this venture was because I didn't think people would bother reading my stuff unless I made it more accessible (thus I turn it into a game) and added sex.

EDIT: I think most of you may have guessed that I'm not the best at being confident in myself.
Admittedly sex with hot girls is an attention getter, but now that you've done that (or are doing it) you've got a start. You ARE already writing a book, just more of a graphic novel than a purely prose novel.
As far as the confidence in yourself - that's what your family, friends and fans are for. ;) And a good spanking when you get whiny. :ROFLMAO:

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
View attachment 1868453

What a milestone -- 3000 followers on ! Here I'll use an old meme to celebrate, because I doubt I'll ever get to 9000! Thank you all for believing in me!

(Hah, I've lost one follower since I made this render, but still over 3000!)
That's a lot of Twits. Congratulations (If Twits are a good thing):unsure:

Sep 3, 2020
Really cool story.
Don't worry nobody knows with 100% certanty what happened 3000 years ago.
And I kind of want Bastet to show up in-game now, unless she already has:unsure:(I'm looking at you cat).
way ahead of you I already had that theory

:LOL: that the cat was some kind of Supernatural being or shapeshifter

from the very first moment, I met the cat and besides I'm more of a cat person

:eek:please don't tell Tara I said that I don't want Tara to leave me and then I only see my kids on the weekend I will die without you Tara
:cry:

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
way ahead of you I already had that theory

:LOL: that the cat was some kind of Supernatural being or shapeshifter

from the very first moment, I met the cat and besides I'm more of a cat person
I'm with you on this one, there is no way the cat is just a regular cat.

:eek:please don't tell Tara I said that I don't want Tara to leave me and then I only see my kids on the weekend I will die without you Tara
:cry:
If you hurry and apologise, I'm sure she will forgive this slight transgression, and perhaps you get to cuddle her fluffy side.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
I mean... wow... not that the main character's asexuality was a core thing in the book (I wasn't even going to mention it, she was just never going to pursue any romance), but apparently the Kylie/Tara romance is hitting people harder than I'd thought!
That show how good you are as a storyteller, you made us appreciate your characters to the point that we love to see as much we can of their lives, so kudos to you.:giggle:
I can only agree with Dylan741.
It's nobody fault but your, Nine of Swords, if we LOOOOOVE the Kylie/Tara romance.
As I stated before, on a pure physical look, skinny athletic blondes aren't my type, I'm more on the curvy brunettes side (yes, definitively more of Rain ;) ).
But still, your writing make me like Tara a lot.

EDIT: why f95 don't replace ;-) by ;) ?!

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes