VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I think one issue with the Waitresses is that they're meta-references; if you don't know other adult games you may not get the "joke" there. (I'm about to add a *Waiter* even, as a male dev has an avatar he's sent me to use!)

Something in Chapter Three is going to make the diner's meta-function more explicit, so that people who didn't get the (very hard) "What if God Was One of Us?" achievement will catch on. Especially once the game goes to Steam, I don't want to make the references too obscure -- I just wanted one that would be a nice "inside joke" to people who play a lot of other games in our sphere.

Also: In Chapter Three, if you get the achievement, the Waitress' name will no longer be "Teri", but "Nine". That should be pretty explicit!
we have been joking about certain people with anti-werewolf prejudices being vampires, I guess we were right :eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I never knew eating geckos would help with mental focus :unsure:
The little Geico dude is in trouble now! :eek:

I just realized I didn't have "Mythos" on my "Favs" banner in my signature :eek::oops::(
I had to correct that right away!!!
Oh noooo!!!! I'd never!!!

I don't think I've mentioned it in any update or even offhandedly outside of my Discord, but I actually have a pet gecko. And since you brought it up, I am going to introduce you to her! :D

This is Shayla-Shayla and I love her. She's an idiot.

20190220_165030.jpg

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020

I don't think I've mentioned it in any update or even offhandedly outside of my Discord, but I actually have a pet gecko. And since you brought it up, I am going to introduce you to her! :D

View attachment 2033866
I can see that look of "Muahahaha! I am free from the egg! I will take over the world! Wait.......is that a cricket!....DINNER!...what was I saying?.........

The best pets are usually idiots in their own ways.
I know my cats, one in particular, definitely are!

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
I get an error when I launch the latest version with Ren'Py Launcher:
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/stats.rpy", line 117: invalid syntax
            raise TypeError, "Supplied value '{0}' for key '{1}' does not " \
                            ^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 8.0.2.22081402
Sat Sep 10 18:51:51 2022

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Code:

^

That's odd; I haven't seen this one before.

First, which platform is this?
Second, are you using any mods?

I'm not much of a coder, but I can try to help (or, hopefully, someone else who knows what they're doing will see this and get what's wrong).

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
That's odd; I haven't seen this one before.

First, which platform is this?
Second, are you using any mods?

I'm not much of a coder, but I can try to help (or, hopefully, someone else who knows what they're doing will see this and get what's wrong).
I'm running the launcher included in Ren'Py SDK 8 on a Mac. With or without mod I get the same message. It doesn't happen with other games though. I wondered whether it was due to some incompatibility between Ren'Py 8 and the version which the game uses.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I'm running the launcher included in Ren'Py SDK 8 on a Mac. With or without mod I get the same message. It doesn't happen with other games though. I wondered whether it was due to some incompatibility between Ren'Py 8 and the version which the game uses.
Ah, shoot... I have absolutely no idea how things work on a Mac. :( Do you need to have your own Ren'Py client to run other games through?

For what it's worth, I made this in Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Code:

^

Check your Gatekeeper settings.

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
Do you need to have your own Ren'Py client to run other games through?
It's handy in the case of games that have no Mac version or whose Mac version is outdated.

Anyway the Mythos.app you provide launches without error.

I've checked my security settings, Ren'Py isn't blocked, so it's probably an incompatibility between Ren'Py 7 and 8.

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
View attachment 2033630

Friday Update - September 9th, 2022

Sad Violet makes me sad:cry:.

So we are talking Soon™(Blizzard style):ROFLMAO:

View attachment 2033866
Your gecko looks adorable and determid for some food or petting(don't know if it's even possible to pet a gecko)

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
In the modern era, mystically-powered computers and mobile devices are the projects of note
The Pillar of Imbuement kinda sound like a magic using Mechanicus.:unsure:

or simply repairing harm done by careless spellcasters setting things on fire that were not meant to be on fire in the first place.
I feel like this is a dig at a certan adorable redhead.

All in all a interesting look into the wider world of Mythos, hope we get something like this for some of the other aspects of the world in the future:D.

on a sidenote: is the Pillar of Imbuement and the Pillar of the Intangible suposed to use the same symbol?

• Wow
Reactions: Nine of Swords
4.80 star(s) 63 Votes