VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
And that post lead to an interesting discussion about geckos, though what Nine of Swords ate is rather this:
I think you will find a lot of word-based puns and humor as you spend more time on this site. As the original "gecko" poster, I am aware of Ginko Biloba (I even use it) but chose to use it as an opportunity to poke some fun at our beloved game developer (not knowing she actually had a Gecko). Things are not taken very seriously around here, humor (or attempts at it in my case) is a common theme here.

Reactions: Eticketjedi

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
I think you will find a lot of word-based puns and humor as you spend more time on this site. As the original "gecko" poster, I am aware of Ginko Biloba (I even use it) but chose to use it as an opportunity to poke some fun at our beloved game developer (not knowing she actually had a Gecko). Things are not taken very seriously around here, humor (or attempts at it in my case) is a common theme here.
I had supposed it was a pun :) I wonder how Nine of Swords can have a gecko as a pet. They are pretty rare here, in the south of France (the kind we call "tarentes" in French), but there were some on my balcony some time ago, I could not go too close to them or they ran very fast to hide themselves.

Eticketjedi

Jul 15, 2022
I had supposed it was a pun :) I wonder how Nine of Swords can have a gecko as a pet. They are pretty rare here, in the south of France (the kind we call "tarentes" in French), but there were some on my balcony some time ago, I could not go too close to them or they ran very fast to hide themselves.
In the US, lizards of all kinds are pretty common pets. Geckos, iguanas, and other types are available in a lot of pet shops.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Gecko's are quite common pets, at least in the US and UK.

There aren't many reptiles, lizards etc.. you can't find. Even dangerous ones can be found as pets as long as you have the right license.

My girlfriends dad has a snake collection. I couldn't even tell you the names of them but I know he's not allowed a Taipan, apprently they are too dangerous.

Oh, and Komodo Dragons, can't keep those either for obvious reasons .... they are big and will eat you.

Bearded Dragons are incredibly popular.

Iguana's used to be popular but either they were made illegal to own or the rarity dropped, can't actually remember what happened and i'm far too lazy to Google.

As for me, i've got an orange Corn Snake called Angel .... because I used to be a fan of Angel .... okay i'm still a fan of Angel. I had a massive crush on Eliza Dushku in my teens....... I still might have a bit of a crush on Eliza Dushku. She's on my free pass celebrity list.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
So when will Mythos itself update? Or is that now an abandoned project?
I guess everyone else already answered this, but to get it right from the horse's mouth, as it were — Mythos is far from abandoned. I'm just a single dev that has a full-time job on top of that, and the beginning of 2022 has given me some really rough challenges (COVID, death of a beloved pet, death of a family member, an unemployment scare, etc).

However, every week (usually on Friday, but sometimes earlier) I'll post an update on (not hidden behind a Patreon paywall or anything like that) that states exactly what I've been doing, what I'm currently working on, what is done, and what is left to do. Maybe I'll start putting the most recent update as a link in the initial post for better visibility.

VERY true, what I really meant was on the "Mythos" thread more than anything. Fun and laid back here, not like the Being a DIK, or some others :rolleyes:
That's what I love about my thread; somehow it's far less toxic than pretty much every other game thread on here I've seen. I don't really watch other games' threads very closely, but when I look through them I dread the day that the negative nellies charge in here and start bashing away.

While reptiles are common as pets here, I've never seen any in the wild until I went to visit Morgana back when she still lived in Louisiana. There were adorable little anoles scampering about and I never got over how adorable they were! Here in my area we just have squirrels, raccoons, and the standard furry woodland fare.

I know there are foxes about, which makes me happy (foxes are my favourite animal), but I very rarely see one alive (sadly).

I still might have a bit of a crush on Eliza Dushku. She's on my free pass celebrity list.
It's been a long time since Morgana and I even discussed our "free pass list", possibly because my interest in sex has declined to nearly zero as I've gotten older... but I can say for certain that Zendaya would be on top of the list.

For me at least — probably Morgana's, too!

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
possibly because my interest in sex has declined to nearly zero as I've gotten older
I can't possibly put into words how jealous I am.

Should probably explain or that would be a very weird response.

I have the pleasure of being blessed with the oh so great PGAD.

Scary thing is, some people think it's fun ... I wish I could show them not very fun it is. I think i'd be willing to murder to for a normal sex life. I imagine how much i'd save on batteries.

Fun thing when i'm working, and why i'm so very grateful my boss is a rich nutjob that will pay me to sit at home until covid is a thing of the past ... she's weird but I adore her aaaaanywhoooo

I'm head chef of her hotel and normally wearing clothes can set off orgasms when they rub so I had some bodysuits made that stop me feeling much of anything and let me work without spraying down my leg 40 times an hour. Now imagine a hot as fuck kitchen and wearing thick chef whites and an insulated bodysuit.

I don't know what is worse, the constant orgasms or finishing work looking like i've spent an hour in a lake soaked through with sweat ... attractive thought for you all.

Ro came to pick me up from work when I first started using the suits and I came out to give her a hug after my shift before my shower. Bitch ran off like legit ran off. I pretended to be hurt for an hour but she didn't buy it.

Also, love eggs are a gift from the gods of sex toys.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I guess everyone else already answered this, but to get it right from the horse's mouth, as it were — Mythos is far from abandoned. I'm just a single dev that has a full-time job on top of that, and the beginning of 2022 has given me some really rough challenges (COVID, death of a beloved pet, death of a family member, an unemployment scare, etc).

However, every week (usually on Friday, but sometimes earlier) I'll post an update on (not hidden behind a Patreon paywall or anything like that) that states exactly what I've been doing, what I'm currently working on, what is done, and what is left to do. Maybe I'll start putting the most recent update as a link in the initial post for better visibility.

That's what I love about my thread; somehow it's far less toxic than pretty much every other game thread on here I've seen. I don't really watch other games' threads very closely, but when I look through them I dread the day that the negative nellies charge in here and start bashing away.

While reptiles are common as pets here, I've never seen any in the wild until I went to visit Morgana back when she still lived in Louisiana. There were adorable little anoles scampering about and I never got over how adorable they were! Here in my area we just have squirrels, raccoons, and the standard furry woodland fare.

I know there are foxes about, which makes me happy (foxes are my favourite animal), but I very rarely see one alive (sadly).

It's been a long time since Morgana and I even discussed our "free pass list", possibly because my interest in sex has declined to nearly zero as I've gotten older... but I can say for certain that Zendaya would be on top of the list.

For me at least — probably Morgana's, too!
If and when the "negative nellies" show up, the Mythies will rise up and Smite them.

Scary thing is, some people think it's fun ... I wish I could show them not very fun it is. I think i'd be willing to murder to for a normal sex life. I imagine how much i'd save on batteries.

Fun thing when i'm working, and why i'm so very grateful my boss is a rich nutjob that will pay me to sit at home until covid is a thing of the past ... she's weird but I adore her aaaaanywhoooo

I'm head chef of her hotel and normally wearing clothes can set off orgasms when they rub so I had some bodysuits made that stop me feeling much of anything and let me work without spraying down my leg 40 times an hour. Now imagine a hot as fuck kitchen and wearing thick chef whites and an insulated bodysuit.

I don't know what is worse, the constant orgasms or finishing work looking like i've spent an hour in a lake soaked through with sweat ... attractive thought for you all.

Ro came to pick me up from work when I first started using the suits and I came out to give her a hug after my shift before my shower. Bitch ran off like legit ran off. I pretended to be hurt for an hour but she didn't buy it.

TMI - toooo much information.....wait.....strike that.....reverse it......Keep telling those stories! We'll make the most popular game on F95 out of your stories :love:

Eticketjedi

Jul 15, 2022

I can see how some people would think that was amazing but I can see it being a giant pain to deal with.

Reactions: Udayana

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021

I'm so sorry for you. But don't forget that the Sky left beauty and hope in this world.
[Edit] Oh well! My excuse is that I'm an orthodox catholic. We believe in beauty.

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
If and when the "negative nellies" show up, the Mythies will rise up and Smite them.

TMI - toooo much information.....wait.....strike that.....reverse it......Keep telling those stories! We'll make the most popular game on F95 out of your stories :love:
I do tend to get carried away after a bit of wine but if you want tmi let me tell you about a girl I dated at college.

She had a faux pearl necklace. It was the ugliest necklace i'd ever seen but her gran bought it for her when she went on holiday, probably from one of those cheap tourist traps as a last minute thing, it was cheap and tacky.

Anyways, her necklace snapped on a night out, probably from a strong breeze ... I did say it was cheap. We get home, we're a bit buzzed and she gets this bright idea to use this necklace as anal beads.

Now, for anyone that hasn't used anal beads, they have a ring either attached to the last bead or a bit of string in order to pull them back out again .... a necklace does not.

You see where i'm going with this.

I tell her it's a bad idea, I tell her i'm having no part and i'm going back to my dorm.

So I get a call in the morning from her roommate asking for a lift back from the hospital. It seems it took the nurse 20 minutes to get the necklace back out.

So all drive back to the dorm i'm trying not to laugh because it was the funniest thing i've heard at that point and as i'm pulling into my parking space her roommate looks at me deadass serious and says "when I told her that necklace was shit, I didn't mean it literally". I had a cramp from laughing.

I was also dumped for being the least supportive girlfriend ever.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
At a guess, I'd say it might partly be because of the general tone of your game - being lighthearted and comedic, it tends to appeal to a more chill audience than some other games do. Add to that the fact that you yourself are both highly active and friendly to a fault, which in turn spurs people to be a bit more positive than in other threads.

Either that, or the subtle mind-control runes you secretly coded into the game are working as intended.

I know a lot of places outlaw foxes as pets, because they're that tragic mix of animal that tends to be both a) cute and b) nasty. They're not really domesticated, and they're generally not very social with humans. So people wind up trying to get them because they look cute, then have to deal with the nightmare of actually dealing with them, which usually winds up with them getting abandoned.

I think there's a breed that is actually more domesticated and suited to having as a pet, but that's me trying to remember one-off conversations I had with a vet like 15 years ago, so I might be completely wrong.

Oh, and Komodo Dragons, can't keep those either for obvious reasons .... they are big and will eat you.
With Komodo Dragons, I think the bigger concern is that their mouths are so full of bacteria/disease, that if they bite you it pretty much gives you an instant massive infection. To the point where people used to assume they were poisonous when they weren't. And to the point where it can often end in amputation.

As for me, i've got an orange Corn Snake called Angel .... because I used to be a fan of Angel .... okay i'm still a fan of Angel. I had a massive crush on Eliza Dushku in my teens....... I still might have a bit of a crush on Eliza Dushku. She's on my free pass celebrity list.
Like all male nerds/geeks of a certain age group, I am contractually obligated to have a crush on Amy Acker.

Loved Buffy and Angel in general. Own all the episodes on DVD. Even bought the tabletop RPG.

So I get a call in the morning from her roommate asking for a lift back from the hospital. It seems it took the nurse 20 minutes to get the necklace back out.
It's funny how every doctor who works in the emergency ward seems to have stories about all sorts of weird things they've had to remove from various body cavities (including male urethras). It's apparently a strange instinct of human nature to stupidly shove things inside ourselves.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
With Komodo Dragons, I think the bigger concern is that their mouths are so full of bacteria/disease, that if they bite you it pretty much gives you an instant massive infection. To the point where people used to assume they were poisonous when they weren't. And to the point where it can often end in amputation.
That was disproved.

They do indeed have venom

In 2009, Fry discovered the true culprit behind the dragon’s lethal bite, by putting one of them in a medical scanner. The dragon has venom glands, which are loaded with toxins that lower blood pressure, cause massive bleeding, prevent clotting and induce shock. Rather than using bacteria as venom, the dragons use, well, venom as venom.

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020

Had to google what an anole looks like, and they are indeed adorable. It's not uncommon to see red foxes running around where I live, saw a mother and her pups last week.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

purge-wh40k.gif
The only response if they show up.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
That was disproved.

They do indeed have venom

As if being a 150lb lizard with sharp teeth that hunts deer that weigh twice as much as they do wasn't enough :rolleyes:

.....Ok!, ok!..I'd be lying if I said I didn't want one MORE now! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes